Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Absolute scenes in Sheffield 22:01 - Jul 26 with 2251 viewsArnieM

Absolutely BRILLIANT performance by England . 4-0 winners against the 2nd best team in the World .

Well played Ladies . Wembley final on Sunday it is …. No doubt against the Germans .

Can’t tell how we’ll England played tonight . Bloody awesome, gutsy display .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 23:20 - Jul 26 with 1780 viewsWhos_blue

Yes. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Surprised that an England team getting to a tournament final hasn't attracted more interest here.
(Cue someone posting a link to a few threads I've missed!)

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 23:26 - Jul 26 with 1756 viewsWhos_blue

OK.

I can see I was a little hasty in my reply and should have worked down the board first!

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 23:30 - Jul 26 with 1737 viewsZXBlue

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 23:26 - Jul 26 by Whos_blue

OK.

I can see I was a little hasty in my reply and should have worked down the board first!

A game where I genuinely did not notice it was a women's game, in terms of how it was played (bar some dodgy keeping).
Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 23:34 - Jul 26 with 1725 viewswaveneyblue

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 23:20 - Jul 26 by Whos_blue

Surprised that an England team getting to a tournament final hasn't attracted more interest here.

A transgender skateboarding final would probably have achieved more interest....

Just sayin.....
Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 23:35 - Jul 26 with 1720 viewsBluesky

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 23:34 - Jul 26 by waveneyblue

A transgender skateboarding final would probably have achieved more interest....

Just sayin.....

I think you're about that
Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 23:38 - Jul 26 with 1711 viewswaveneyblue

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 23:35 - Jul 26 by Bluesky

I think you're about that

Pardon ?
Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 23:44 - Jul 26 with 1706 viewsjeera

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 23:34 - Jul 26 by waveneyblue

Just sayin.....

Yet another pathetic comment.

It doesn't even make sense. Why don't you try to explain it?

As for the women's football, there are at least 3 threads, none of which were started by you.

And it was also on a night where Town played a friendly.

Usual sad attempt to cause division with nothing to offer yourself. No wonder you were banned is it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 23:51 - Jul 26 with 1689 viewswaveneyblue

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 23:44 - Jul 26 by jeera

Yet another pathetic comment.

It doesn't even make sense. Why don't you try to explain it?

As for the women's football, there are at least 3 threads, none of which were started by you.

And it was also on a night where Town played a friendly.

Usual sad attempt to cause division with nothing to offer yourself. No wonder you were banned is it.

Oh shut up you utter tool

It's a joke, which I'm pretty sure most people who follow this board will get.
Login to get fewer ads

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 00:19 - Jul 27 with 1652 viewsArnieM

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 23:51 - Jul 26 by waveneyblue

The only joke on here mate, is YOU!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 04:14 - Jul 27 with 1530 viewsBlueBadger

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 00:19 - Jul 27 by ArnieM

And sadly, it's a joke less fun than one of mine.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 04:21 - Jul 27 with 1529 viewsjeera

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 00:19 - Jul 27 by ArnieM

Town played last night but he's not interested in that.

The England ladies won a semi final. Nothing.

Yet twice the past few days he's made sarcastic comments about transgender skateboarding.

Considering that out of half a dozen posts a third are focused on being sarcastic about trans sports. It's almost like an agenda.

Has the fcking cheek to take a pop at this forum though for the hundredth time.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 06:50 - Jul 27 with 1408 viewsgtsb1966

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 23:20 - Jul 26 by Whos_blue

I can't get into it. Tried but just can't. I do think it's great though when you see all the families in the crowd having a great time especially with all the doom and gloom lately. Nice to see.
Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 07:05 - Jul 27 with 1361 viewsMetal_Hacker

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 23:51 - Jul 26 by waveneyblue

Can say I didn’t get the “joke” either sorry

Poll: If it were one or the other

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 07:22 - Jul 27 with 1309 viewswaveneyblue

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 04:21 - Jul 27 by jeera

Town played last night but he's not interested in that.

The England ladies won a semi final. Nothing.

Yet twice the past few days he's made sarcastic comments about transgender skateboarding.

Considering that out of half a dozen posts a third are focused on being sarcastic about trans sports. It's almost like an agenda.

Has the fcking cheek to take a pop at this forum though for the hundredth time.

I will explain myself for avoidance of doubt.

I was just referring to the massive debate that broke out on here surrounding a transgender person competing in a skateboarding championship.

The other "agenda" item was my own opinion on transgender persons in Rugby. Just my opinion, sorry if you don't agree.

That's it, nothing else.

But go on lads, make it into something its not.
Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 09:23 - Jul 27 with 1168 viewsStokieBlue

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 06:50 - Jul 27 by gtsb1966

I can't get into it. Tried but just can't. I do think it's great though when you see all the families in the crowd having a great time especially with all the doom and gloom lately. Nice to see.

Do you know what's stopping you getting into it?

The standard of football has increased hugely from even just a few years ago.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 09:26 - Jul 27 with 1162 viewsgiant_stow

"Gutsy" is a good word for it, despite the final scoreline - they had a tough start, but came though strongly - plus1.

...That goal...!!!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 09:29 - Jul 27 with 1158 viewsgiant_stow

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 09:23 - Jul 27 by StokieBlue

SB

Imho, football fans get overly obsessed by the notion of quality sometimes. For me, what makes a game watchable is attacking play, goal chances and and a good battle. All those things can happen at any level.

Or to put it another way, some of the most boring games ever are 0-0 stalemates between two top teams, with lots of quality passing and skill, but nowt happening.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 9:30]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 09:36 - Jul 27 with 1130 viewsDyland

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 09:29 - Jul 27 by giant_stow

Imho, football fans get overly obsessed by the notion of quality sometimes. For me, what makes a game watchable is attacking play, goal chances and and a good battle. All those things can happen at any level.

Or to put it another way, some of the most boring games ever are 0-0 stalemates between two top teams, with lots of quality passing and skill, but nowt happening.

Innit buh. Sport for me is first and foremost about excitement and emotion. Some of the women's footie games are sh1te but then, so are lots of men's games. It's a totally different thing in terms of quality re pace and power, but no one can say e.g. the Spanish team isn't full of top quality technical players. Anyway, it's a weird argument and if yer don't like it no one is forcing you to watch it or indeed comment on your tedious troll feeds :)

P.S. totally understand that some folks can't get into it as much as the men's and tbh I'd rather Town were promoted (to the second division ffs) than England win the world cup. Sad maybe but hey ho.

P.P.S. it pains me to say it but I WOULD rather England (men or women) won the world cup than Nodge be relegated ;)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 10:01 - Jul 27 with 1067 viewsHullblue

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 09:23 - Jul 27 by StokieBlue

SB

I watched the first half last night and wasn't super engaged - which is strange for me as a football obsessive.

But I think people who say it's the quality are mostly kidding themselves, as pointed out elsewhere.

I think it's not knowing the players or their stories etc. Without any expectations of what a player is capable of or about to do it's kind of like watching two AI teams play each other.

There's a simple remedy for that, I know - read about it and watch the games! I will get into it at some point I'm sure.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 10:08 - Jul 27 with 1043 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

It's also about the emotion and attachment to the team. Some of the "best" games of sport I've watched have involved my kids because I really care about the outcome.

I've only just started watching the women play so I'm not as attached to the team but as I watch more I'm sure I'll develop a similar level of interest as I have with the mens game.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 10:25 - Jul 27 with 1011 viewsbluelagos

FA have just put some tickets on sale for the final. Suspect they'll go soon but thought I'd tip you good people off.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 10:33 - Jul 27 with 964 viewsgiant_stow

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 10:08 - Jul 27 by Charlie_pl_baxter

It's also about the emotion and attachment to the team. Some of the "best" games of sport I've watched have involved my kids because I really care about the outcome.

I've only just started watching the women play so I'm not as attached to the team but as I watch more I'm sure I'll develop a similar level of interest as I have with the mens game.

fair point

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 10:33 - Jul 27 with 964 viewsSwansea_Blue

Possibly. Although for purists, there should be plenty there to keep them happy too. I don't know the half of it, but from what I do know they are technically very good, both individually and especially as a team. They're generating overloads at will, playing really well to find and exploit space between the lines, work together in the press to win breakdowns and second balls. Also very strong - they out-muscled Sweden yesterday and had more desire/were sharper. i suspect a coach would rate them technically far better than us (us as in the proper East Anglian team, not you bunch of reprobates!).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 10:44 - Jul 27 with 930 viewsBlueBadger

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 07:22 - Jul 27 by waveneyblue

I will explain myself for avoidance of doubt.

I was just referring to the massive debate that broke out on here surrounding a transgender person competing in a skateboarding championship.

The other "agenda" item was my own opinion on transgender persons in Rugby. Just my opinion, sorry if you don't agree.

That's it, nothing else.

But go on lads, make it into something its not.

Sh1z Paz tribute, you're just a sh1t Paz tribute aaaacccccccct

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 10:48 - Jul 27 with 905 viewsDyland

Absolute scenes in Sheffield on 10:33 - Jul 27 by Swansea_Blue

Possibly. Although for purists, there should be plenty there to keep them happy too. I don't know the half of it, but from what I do know they are technically very good, both individually and especially as a team. They're generating overloads at will, playing really well to find and exploit space between the lines, work together in the press to win breakdowns and second balls. Also very strong - they out-muscled Sweden yesterday and had more desire/were sharper. i suspect a coach would rate them technically far better than us (us as in the proper East Anglian team, not you bunch of reprobates!).

"... i suspect a coach would rate them technically far better than us "

Not sure I agree with that... bar some (of us and them)!

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024