Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad 19:52 - Oct 9 with 5892 viewscarlisleaway

especially as they are now tucked in behind the scum
Hasn't been in a squad.... on 20:03 - Oct 9 with 4594 viewsBloots

...since 17th September.

Played 22 mins in total in the league.

All from the bench.

(offside 87 times)

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Hasn't been in a squad.... on 21:37 - Oct 9 with 4207 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Hasn't been in a squad.... on 20:03 - Oct 9 by Bloots

...since 17th September.

Played 22 mins in total in the league.

All from the bench.

(offside 87 times)

That is a shame. He had such a purple patch when he first came here. Let's hope he quickly has his career back on track - hopefully to help power QPR beyond nodge.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 21:47 - Oct 9 with 4154 viewsAsa

He was sat immediately behind me for the Cambridge match.

QPR played the same night (at Sheff Utd) so it’s probably telling that he decided to come and watch us instead of being asked to even travel with them or even watch them on iFollow.

He left at half time to go into the Sir Alf where he spent 10-15 minutes chatting to a disabled supporter, I believe the young girl he struck up a friendship with last season, and then was back for the second half.

Didn’t like to bother him. Spoke to him very briefly but he was very invested in the Town performance which was nice to see.
How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 07:41 - Oct 10 with 3601 viewsWallingford_Boy

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 21:47 - Oct 9 by Asa

He was sat immediately behind me for the Cambridge match.

QPR played the same night (at Sheff Utd) so it’s probably telling that he decided to come and watch us instead of being asked to even travel with them or even watch them on iFollow.

He left at half time to go into the Sir Alf where he spent 10-15 minutes chatting to a disabled supporter, I believe the young girl he struck up a friendship with last season, and then was back for the second half.

Didn’t like to bother him. Spoke to him very briefly but he was very invested in the Town performance which was nice to see.

Wow, that speak volumes!

A player would normally be expected to watch their own game, even when not in the squad.

Hope he finds a new club, probably down a level or two soon.

RIP Sir Bobby

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 08:14 - Oct 10 with 3497 viewsBondiBlue

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 07:41 - Oct 10 by Wallingford_Boy

Wow, that speak volumes!

A player would normally be expected to watch their own game, even when not in the squad.

Hope he finds a new club, probably down a level or two soon.

A level or two? League 2? Really?

Poll: Which would you accept?

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 08:32 - Oct 10 with 3440 viewsWallingford_Boy

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 08:14 - Oct 10 by BondiBlue

A level or two? League 2? Really?

Yeah. He struggled here big time towards the end of his spell, not sure many in league one would be lining up for him.

He needs game time somewhere though, just rotting at QPR.

RIP Sir Bobby

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 09:36 - Oct 10 with 3192 viewstextbackup

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 08:32 - Oct 10 by Wallingford_Boy

Yeah. He struggled here big time towards the end of his spell, not sure many in league one would be lining up for him.

Get the feeling he’s at the stage now where he’s thinking fck it, I’ll pick up my 16-20k a week and see what happens at the end of contract

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 09:40 - Oct 10 with 3163 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

On first glance I thought that said "How is Bonne farting at QPR..."

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Login to get fewer ads

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 10:42 - Oct 10 with 2979 viewsCityBlue

He does not figure in any plans, and has been present at a couple of Ipswich games and has also taken a couple of holidays during the season. Seems more active in selling cars for Proveeda. I know he looks at our squad and position now and really wishes he was part of it....and I am sure so do we. Would rather have him on our books than Piggott. Would give us that extra depth at striker.

I T I D

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 10:57 - Oct 10 with 2911 viewsArnoldMoorhen

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 08:32 - Oct 10 by Wallingford_Boy

He could totally boss it as a number 10 at League 2 level, which would get around the offside issues!

For a quarter of a season he was Ipswich's best striker since at least Waghorn. He looked significantly better than most Championship strikers we have seen in (semi) recent years. It's incredible that not a single manager in League One, or even lower Championship, has said "I can fix the offside issue". Just staggering that he is not getting game time.

I would love him to come back to us and smash it, again. Maybe when his contract is up at QPR he will?
How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 11:14 - Oct 10 with 2843 viewsBluish

He's still living in Ipswich I believe. Ravenswood.
How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 11:36 - Oct 10 with 2756 viewsnrb1985

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 10:42 - Oct 10 by CityBlue

He does not figure in any plans, and has been present at a couple of Ipswich games and has also taken a couple of holidays during the season. Seems more active in selling cars for Proveeda. I know he looks at our squad and position now and really wishes he was part of it....and I am sure so do we. Would rather have him on our books than Piggott. Would give us that extra depth at striker.

had written on a different thread previously that I doubt the unauthorised interview with the EADT this summer did him any favours at all, quite the opposite in fact.

It was an unfathomably stupid thing to do given he was actually playing quite well in pre season and scored some goals for them.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2022 11:36]
How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 15:29 - Oct 10 with 2391 viewsCityBlue

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 11:14 - Oct 10 by Bluish

He's still living in Ipswich I believe. Ravenswood.

yep and his fiance has a business in Hadleigh. They aren't moving anytime soon and hence he turned down some loan offer up north and in Scotland.

I T I D

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 16:44 - Oct 10 with 2250 viewsDJR

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 10:42 - Oct 10 by CityBlue

It's a real tragedy. A deal in the transfer window fell through at the last minute, and I imagine he will be off in the January window. He certainly is a different striker to anyone we currently have, but I just don't think there is room for him, even assuming McKenna would want him.
How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 16:48 - Oct 10 with 2223 viewsKieran_Knows

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 11:36 - Oct 10 by nrb1985

had written on a different thread previously that I doubt the unauthorised interview with the EADT this summer did him any favours at all, quite the opposite in fact.

It was an unfathomably stupid thing to do given he was actually playing quite well in pre season and scored some goals for them.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2022 11:36]

I thought that about his interview at the time as well ... which ever way you look at it (and whatever the QPR manager said), I can't imagine the QPR hierarch were very happy about that.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 16:48 - Oct 10 with 2217 viewsKieran_Knows

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 16:44 - Oct 10 by DJR

It's a real tragedy. A deal in the transfer window fell through at the last minute, and I imagine he will be off in the January window. He certainly is a different striker to anyone we currently have, but I just don't think there is room for him, even assuming McKenna would want him.

I'd take him here over Jackson in a heartbeat.

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 17:02 - Oct 10 with 2161 viewsnrb1985

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 16:48 - Oct 10 by Kieran_Knows

I thought that about his interview at the time as well ... which ever way you look at it (and whatever the QPR manager said), I can't imagine the QPR hierarch were very happy about that.

I also wonder if it didn't sit well with KM or Ashton either. They seemingly have very high professional standards and doubt they think much of a player going rogue like that and then backtracking while throwing a respected local journalist under the bus in the process.
How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 18:28 - Oct 10 with 2030 viewstextbackup

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 16:48 - Oct 10 by Kieran_Knows

Absolutely!

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 18:39 - Oct 10 with 1997 viewstractordownsouth

He had a loan move back to Charlton agreed on deadline day but it fell through.

He’ll probably end up back in League One. Maybe Derby? Apart from Collins they don’t have any physical forwards and they’ll still be restricted to loans and frees in January.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 18:42 - Oct 10 with 1979 viewsbungaytractor

Rubbish hes offside half the time hes pony........
How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 18:46 - Oct 10 with 1967 viewsKieran_Knows

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 18:42 - Oct 10 by bungaytractor

He does more standing offside than Jackson does standing onside ffs.

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 18:54 - Oct 10 with 1947 viewstextbackup

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 18:42 - Oct 10 by bungaytractor

Bet you weren’t calling himself him sht when he was banging in the goals at start of last season?

It’s ok to admit you’re fickle tho mate

KJ 116 appearances- 20 goals

Bonne 43 appearances - 12 goals

I know what striker I’d opt for as 3rd 4th choice here
[Post edited 10 Oct 2022 18:56]

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 18:59 - Oct 10 with 1915 viewsbungaytractor

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 18:54 - Oct 10 by textbackup

Bet you weren’t calling himself him sht when he was banging in the goals at start of last season?

Well KM disagrees..... strikers not just there to score goals are they , what about bringing other's in to play......
Could bonne play right wing back?? No
He doesn't fit system or style of play so cry all you like but he aint coming back
How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 19:27 - Oct 10 with 1841 viewstextbackup

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 18:59 - Oct 10 by bungaytractor

Well KM disagrees..... strikers not just there to score goals are they , what about bringing other's in to play......
Could bonne play right wing back?? No
He doesn't fit system or style of play so cry all you like but he aint coming back

I don’t want him to come back.

But if I could pick - I’d take Bonne all day long.

Jackson brings others into play? Lol, he serves a purpose in certain fixtures, because he’s fast, that is literally it.

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 19:36 - Oct 10 with 1808 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How is Bonne faring at QPR, is he in the match day squad on 18:54 - Oct 10 by textbackup

Jackson has made 5 league appearances as a centre forward (total 125 minutes) and scored 2 goals this season. The results in those matches where he was a centre forward: 4 wins and a draw. Additionally, he has played 327 minutes on the wing and created a goal. In those matches we have won 2, drawn 1, lost 1.

Compare this to Bonne's last 19 appearances (777 minutes) in this league (all as a CF as he can't play wide) and he scored 0 goals, assisted 2 times and played in 7 wins, 8 draws and 5 defeats.

Would I happily see Bonne on our books? Yes. Do I hope Bonne resurrects his career? Yes. However, the idea he is better than Jackson falls down on any analysis aside from looking solely at his first 10 or so matches for us (scored 9 goals). Interestingly, playing as a CF in his early days in league 1 for us, Jackson scored 7 in 11 and assisted 4 times as well.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024