Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stockdale 18:06 - Nov 2 with 2312 viewsHipsterectomy

Apologies if posted, but he was a guest on a recent under the cosh podcast which I listened to today. At the very end he openly admits about his time wasting and how much he loves it. He said that even if you waste a few mins, it kills all momentum which is impossible for teams to get back. He gave an example of recently throwing his bottle into the net. The ref noticed and wouldn’t let play continue, so he ended up wasting about 7 mins walking around with this bottle. 3 mins was added to the half.

I can’t believe more isn’t being done to stop this. Even if you gave the benefit of the doubt, surely admitting to it and how you’ll do it all season is worth at least a talking to.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Stockdale on 19:11 - Nov 2 with 2140 viewsSwailsey

I’m appalled that this was posted over an hour ago and I’m the first to do this:

https://www.davidstockdale13.co.uk/

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Stockdale on 19:22 - Nov 2 with 2091 viewsJ2BLUE

Why wouldn't he love it? I'd love it to if I was a keeper and getting away with it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Stockdale on 19:32 - Nov 2 with 2043 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Stockdale on 19:11 - Nov 2 by Swailsey

I’m appalled that this was posted over an hour ago and I’m the first to do this:

The man... the myth... the bellend!
Stockdale on 19:41 - Nov 2 with 2020 viewsGuthrum

Stockdale on 19:22 - Nov 2 by J2BLUE

Why wouldn't he love it? I'd love it to if I was a keeper and getting away with it.

And why shouldn't he gat away with it? Timewasting is an accepted part of the modern game and refs do little to crack down (tho things have improved a bit this season, with greater added time).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Stockdale on 23:04 - Nov 2 with 1714 viewsSuperblue95

Stockdale on 19:11 - Nov 2 by Swailsey

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Stockdale on 23:22 - Nov 2 with 1682 viewsMattinLondon

Stockdale on 23:04 - Nov 2 by Superblue95

Whoever was the creative force behind that site must have been heavily influenced by Alan Partridge.
Stockdale on 23:29 - Nov 2 with 1674 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Stockdale on 19:41 - Nov 2 by Guthrum

And why shouldn't he gat away with it? Timewasting is an accepted part of the modern game and refs do little to crack down (tho things have improved a bit this season, with greater added time).

The greater added time is purely from substitutions. They have a set amount of time they add per goal scored and per substitution (or appear to have) and the only bit that is variable is if the game is stopped for an injury/major interruption.

It would be better to have an external timekeeper where the clock gets stopped when the ball goes dead and reduce the half to 30 minutes. It still wouldn't stop it happening in order to break up momentum, but it would stop the taking forever over a free kick/throw in/goal kick/corner/etc.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Stockdale on 01:20 - Nov 3 with 1619 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Stockdale on 23:22 - Nov 2 by MattinLondon

Whoever was the creative force behind that site must have been heavily influenced by Alan Partridge.

The text on that website has very strong "Written by his wife the morning after the first time she found him sat on the sofa next to the Au Pair/Nanny" vibes.

Just a few too many "family man" and "loving husband" tags dropped in there.
Login to get fewer ads

Stockdale on 07:43 - Nov 3 with 1458 viewsNthQldITFC

Stockdale on 19:41 - Nov 2 by Guthrum

Brings to mind a bloke at work who came to me once with a genuinely pained expression on his face and said "Why does nobody do any decent skiving any more? It used to be an art-form."

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Stockdale on 08:34 - Nov 3 with 1377 viewsBlueRaider

Stockdale on 23:29 - Nov 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

The greater added time is purely from substitutions. They have a set amount of time they add per goal scored and per substitution (or appear to have) and the only bit that is variable is if the game is stopped for an injury/major interruption.

It would be better to have an external timekeeper where the clock gets stopped when the ball goes dead and reduce the half to 30 minutes. It still wouldn't stop it happening in order to break up momentum, but it would stop the taking forever over a free kick/throw in/goal kick/corner/etc.

Also something needs doing about players leaping in front of the ball to stop a quick free kick, thought that was an automatic yellow !

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Stockdale on 09:19 - Nov 3 with 1311 viewsZx1988

Surely this is the sort of thing that, in other sports, would warrant a charge of 'bringing the game into disrepute'?

Where else but football would you ever get away with declaring that you regularly cheat, and love doing it?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Stockdale on 10:36 - Nov 3 with 1221 viewsSharkey

On Tuesday, Barrow were 3-0 up against Colchester with about 10 minutes left and the keeper got booked for time-wasting, and a few minutes later was really pushing his luck not to get a second yellow for the same thing. Seems keepers just can't not do it!

(Curiously, the ref was Darren Bond, whose brother Andy played 160 games for Barrow directly followed by 120 or so for Colchester )
[Post edited 3 Nov 2022 10:39]
Stockdale on 10:40 - Nov 3 with 1201 viewsjayessess

Not sure we're in much of a position to clutch our pearls over this. We've done our fair share of deliberate dawdling in tight games we're winning. Unfortunate that we didn't do about 30 seconds more of it on Saturday.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024