Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone know anything about boilers? 11:02 - Nov 22 with 2264 viewsclive_baker

Mine has picked a great time to stop working.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Anyone know anything about boilers? on 11:15 - Nov 22 with 2240 viewsgainsboroughblue

What sort of boiler is it? Have you checked pressure gauge reading? From my experience, there are many things it could be.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Anyone know anything about boilers? on 11:19 - Nov 22 with 2218 viewsclive_baker

Anyone know anything about boilers? on 11:15 - Nov 22 by gainsboroughblue

What sort of boiler is it? Have you checked pressure gauge reading? From my experience, there are many things it could be.

It's an Ideal COMBI boiler, was here when we bought the house and told it was about 5 years old, but frankly I don't trust much of what I was told based on other findings.

The pressure keeps dropping, so I manually twist the knob until it gets to about 2, which temporarily fixes the issue but it's gone from happening once per week to about 3 times per day. Have someone coming out to look at it as I don't suppose it's going to fix itself. Fortunately have an electric cooker and electric shower in the house so it's mostly just the heating & hot water for kids bath time.

Anyone know anything about boilers? on 11:25 - Nov 22 with 2201 viewsgainsboroughblue

Anyone know anything about boilers? on 11:19 - Nov 22 by clive_baker

It's an Ideal COMBI boiler, was here when we bought the house and told it was about 5 years old, but frankly I don't trust much of what I was told based on other findings.

The pressure keeps dropping, so I manually twist the knob until it gets to about 2, which temporarily fixes the issue but it's gone from happening once per week to about 3 times per day. Have someone coming out to look at it as I don't suppose it's going to fix itself. Fortunately have an electric cooker and electric shower in the house so it's mostly just the heating & hot water for kids bath time.

Could be the heat exchanger possibly. Maybe a limescale build up.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Anyone know anything about boilers? on 11:41 - Nov 22 with 2176 viewsfabian_illness

Will most likely be expansion vessel needs checking/recharging/replacing.
There is a 15mm pressure relief pipe that will exit the property somewhere near the boiler, this is probably dripping.
Anyone know anything about boilers? on 16:31 - Nov 22 with 2024 viewsBlueForYou

Anyone know anything about boilers? on 11:41 - Nov 22 by fabian_illness

Will most likely be expansion vessel needs checking/recharging/replacing.
There is a 15mm pressure relief pipe that will exit the property somewhere near the boiler, this is probably dripping.

Almost certainly this. Pressure vessel recharge. Should be checked & topped up during a service. If there's evidence of the safety valve discharging down the wall outside, that will confirm.
Anyone know anything about boilers? on 16:33 - Nov 22 with 2017 viewsnoggin

Divorce her.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Anyone know anything about boilers? on 17:47 - Nov 22 with 1934 viewsCBBlue

Our Ideal combi is about 5 years old too and lets just say I'm almost on first name terms with the engineers at the company we have boiler cover with.

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

Anyone know anything about boilers? on 19:18 - Nov 22 with 1861 viewsLeaky

There is a discharge pipe that exits the property its like an overflow pipe check if its dripping, if it is it will pressure relief valve or possibly pressure vessel has lost its charge. Failing that a leak on internal heating system.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone know anything about boilers? on 19:19 - Nov 22 with 1856 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone know anything about boilers? on 19:18 - Nov 22 by Leaky

There is a discharge pipe that exits the property its like an overflow pipe check if its dripping, if it is it will pressure relief valve or possibly pressure vessel has lost its charge. Failing that a leak on internal heating system.

If anyone should know about leaks ^^

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone know anything about boilers? on 19:20 - Nov 22 with 1855 viewsjeera

Anyone know anything about boilers? on 19:19 - Nov 22 by Swansea_Blue

Leaky is a plumber to be fair.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone know anything about boilers? on 19:26 - Nov 22 with 1843 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I know enough about them to know you shouldn't be fannying about with them if you don't know what you're doing.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Anyone know anything about boilers? on 19:28 - Nov 22 with 1833 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone know anything about boilers? on 19:20 - Nov 22 by jeera

What’s fair about being a plumber? The b&stsrds charge a fortune!

I suppose the clue was in the name. I must pay more attention.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone know anything about boilers? on 19:29 - Nov 22 with 1829 viewsnoggin

Anyone know anything about boilers? on 19:19 - Nov 22 by Swansea_Blue

And a discharge from his pipe.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Anyone know anything about boilers? on 20:47 - Nov 22 with 1757 viewsLeaky

Anyone know anything about boilers? on 19:20 - Nov 22 by jeera

My username is more inclined to my prostate function, than my professional capabilities
Anyone know anything about boilers? on 20:49 - Nov 22 with 1751 viewsjeera

Anyone know anything about boilers? on 20:47 - Nov 22 by Leaky

My username is more inclined to my prostate function, than my professional capabilities

Which literally no one needs to know!

It's more useful to know your profession.

You're not going to pick-up much work for the former.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anyone know anything about boilers? on 20:49 - Nov 22 with 1750 viewsLeaky

Anyone know anything about boilers? on 19:28 - Nov 22 by Swansea_Blue

What’s fair about being a plumber? The b&stsrds charge a fortune!

I suppose the clue was in the name. I must pay more attention.

Yep, free enterprise in operation
Anyone know anything about boilers? on 21:01 - Nov 22 with 1728 viewsMeadowlark

Expansion vessel or pressure release valve.
Anyone know anything about boilers? on 00:03 - Nov 23 with 1673 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone know anything about boilers? on 20:49 - Nov 22 by jeera

Which literally no one needs to know!

It's more useful to know your profession.

You're not going to pick-up much work for the former.

I'm surprised you've revealed your chosen profession of assassin to so few of us on here; I'm sure there's much more work you could pick up.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone know anything about boilers? on 04:46 - Nov 23 with 1619 viewsKropotkin123

I don't know much about boilers, but I don't think it is an ideal COMBI boiler if it has stopped working.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Anyone know anything about boilers? on 07:44 - Nov 23 with 1565 viewsBluespeed225

Is there a fault code showing on the panel? Balancing the water pressure is a common one. It’s panic stations, open 2 valves, 30 seconds later your sorted! The expansion box on a boiler I had limescaled up, sounded like someone hitting a saucepan with a hammer when the shower was on! Needed a acid clean.
Anyone know anything about boilers? on 09:00 - Nov 23 with 1531 viewsclive_baker

Thanks all for your comments. Engineer came round and reckons it needs a new expansion vessel, prv and sight glass. No idea what any of that means but £400 to put it right.

Anyone know anything about boilers? on 09:10 - Nov 23 with 1510 viewsfabian_illness

Anyone know anything about boilers? on 09:00 - Nov 23 by clive_baker

Thanks all for your comments. Engineer came round and reckons it needs a new expansion vessel, prv and sight glass. No idea what any of that means but £400 to put it right.

That's fair.
Certainly not OTT.
Another option would be to contact Ideal and ask for a fixed price repair. An ideal engineer will attend, replace anything that needs doing and warrant for a year for one fixed sum.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024