Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Last of Us 16:51 - Feb 15 with 2032 viewsIllinoisblue

Just the thing to watch as we come out of a global pandemic. Great viewing. Are there only five episodes?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The Last of Us on 16:54 - Feb 15 with 2005 viewschicoazul

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The Last of Us on 16:55 - Feb 15 with 2009 viewsblueasfook

No, currently episode 5 is the latest one. Will be a full season (10/12 episodes) I think, and probably more seasons after that.

It is a great series isnt it.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

The Last of Us on 16:57 - Feb 15 with 1985 viewschicoazul

The Last of Us on 16:54 - Feb 15 by chicoazul

I can’t connect with it. I appreciate it, it’s very well made and shot and obviously hugely expensive and I watch it. But after watching it I never think about it again (apart from now lol). And without really having seen it all before I always feel like I’ve seen it all before. It’s basically the same plot as Mandalorian and Logan (which in turn are the same plot as Monkey).

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The Last of Us on 16:57 - Feb 15 with 1988 viewsblueasfook

The Last of Us on 16:55 - Feb 15 by blueasfook

No, currently episode 5 is the latest one. Will be a full season (10/12 episodes) I think, and probably more seasons after that.

It is a great series isnt it.

S1 will be 9 episodes. S2 confirmed too!

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/entertainment/a42530368/the-last-of-us-season-tw
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 16:57]

The Last of Us on 18:09 - Feb 15 with 1895 viewsIllinoisblue

The Last of Us on 16:57 - Feb 15 by chicoazul

I can’t connect with it. I appreciate it, it’s very well made and shot and obviously hugely expensive and I watch it. But after watching it I never think about it again (apart from now lol). And without really having seen it all before I always feel like I’ve seen it all before. It’s basically the same plot as Mandalorian and Logan (which in turn are the same plot as Monkey).

It’s all about human emotions and connections innit? Love, loss, the search for home.

62 - 78 - 81

The Last of Us on 18:21 - Feb 15 with 1882 viewsSwansea_Blue

Preferred the game tbh. The thought of multiple seasons going round in circles trying to stretch out a simple plot line doesn’t appeal. Before we know it they’ll be on a tropic island with polar bears. Bah humbug!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The Last of Us on 18:29 - Feb 15 with 1864 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Yep, fantastic, gripping. The episode with the gay couple growing old was very moving and could've been a story/movie in its own right.

Very well written, great variation in pace, stylishly shot and superbly acted.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

The Last of Us on 18:31 - Feb 15 with 1858 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Last of Us on 18:29 - Feb 15 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yep, fantastic, gripping. The episode with the gay couple growing old was very moving and could've been a story/movie in its own right.

Ah, I haven’t got to that one. Maybe I’ve gone too early.

Login to get fewer ads

The Last of Us on 19:06 - Feb 15 with 1809 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

The Last of Us on 18:21 - Feb 15 by Swansea_Blue

Preferred the game tbh. The thought of multiple seasons going round in circles trying to stretch out a simple plot line doesn’t appeal. Before we know it they’ll be on a tropic island with polar bears. Bah humbug!

I only hear good things about the games, and I know there is more to them than just the horror elements, but I doubt I'll ever play them. Just find photorealistic horror games (particularly if they are zombie themed) too intensely immersive, although even something like Death Stranding had me looking over my shoulder every time I went for a walk!

Horror films on the other hand, generally don't spook me much. Well, the zombie ones do, but I still really enjoy them and the genre as a whole. I think my issue is zombies, I wonder why they are so troubling to me? Even Shaun of the Dead makes me go a bit clammy! I'll probably watch the series at some point, although I know it will make me want to play the games, which as discussed, is probably going to cost me many a good night's sleep. Argh, maybe I should just stick to Luigi's Mansion!

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

The Last of Us on 19:12 - Feb 15 with 1796 viewsPerublue

The Last of Us on 18:31 - Feb 15 by Swansea_Blue

Indeed you have..trying to be spoiler free but it wrong footed my daughter who was addicted to the game and shows that it has enough to wrong foot many of the blessed and oh so mighty original gamers ;-) ... I could say the same about Glasto ...but that's true,it was better before.

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

The Last of Us on 19:25 - Feb 15 with 1718 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Last of Us on 19:12 - Feb 15 by Perublue

Indeed you have..trying to be spoiler free but it wrong footed my daughter who was addicted to the game and shows that it has enough to wrong foot many of the blessed and oh so mighty original gamers ;-) ... I could say the same about Glasto ...but that's true,it was better before.

I’ll get back to the next episode then. You’re spot on of course - blessed are the gamers indeed. And we’re pretty mighty too! It’s a shame I’ve got no hope of making a living out of it, unlike some.

The Last of Us on 19:43 - Feb 15 with 1696 viewsIllinoisblue

The Last of Us on 18:29 - Feb 15 by The_Flashing_Smile

All of what you say. That episode was really well done

62 - 78 - 81

The Last of Us on 01:32 - Feb 16 with 1544 viewsBlueBadger

The Last of Us on 18:09 - Feb 15 by Illinoisblue

It’s all about human emotions and connections innit? Love, loss, the search for home.

illers, Chico is a man who for ages had the manifesto of a psychopath in his sig. Suggesting that he enjoys things for human emotions is probably a dead loss.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The Last of Us on 03:18 - Feb 16 with 1522 viewsMercian

I just watched episode 1. Any soldier worth with a hint of morality would have refused the order to gun down the man and his daughter. That is pure SS stuff, kill the vermin.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2023 3:19]
The Last of Us on 15:09 - Feb 16 with 1323 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

The Last of Us on 03:18 - Feb 16 by Mercian

I just watched episode 1. Any soldier worth with a hint of morality would have refused the order to gun down the man and his daughter. That is pure SS stuff, kill the vermin.

Well yeah, it happened with the SS (and there are countless examples around the world). So it certainly could happen as they depicted it. That's the point really. It's more than just a zombie show, there are a lot of deeper and more uncomfortable themes.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

The Last of Us on 15:18 - Feb 16 with 1314 viewsblueasfook

The Last of Us on 15:09 - Feb 16 by The_Flashing_Smile

Well yeah, it happened with the SS (and there are countless examples around the world). So it certainly could happen as they depicted it. That's the point really. It's more than just a zombie show, there are a lot of deeper and more uncomfortable themes.

Same as in a nuclear war scenario. Soldiers guarding secure bunkers (where VIPs are sheltering) are given strict orders to shoot anyone trying to get in.

When the sh1t hits the fan, us proles are expendable.

The Last of Us on 16:53 - Feb 16 with 1235 viewsBLUEBEAT

In the computer game, do you get to control bearded men in bed together?

Poll: W or W

The Last of Us on 03:27 - Feb 17 with 1135 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I’m enjoying it. Although they seem to constantly kill a character who you think might be evolving as a pivotal character later in the very same episode! Episode 5 was really good.
The Last of Us on 09:36 - Feb 17 with 1018 viewsbaxterbasics

The Last of Us on 03:18 - Feb 16 by Mercian

I'm not so sure in that situation. They don't know exactly what they are dealing with yet, people are spontaneously attacking each other and fast-spreading a violent infection, you're trying to lock down the city - someone rocks up at the city edge with an injured child who you would justifiably suspect to now be infected. It's not a huge stretch to think mr Soldier would not hesitate for long, particularly once the order came through.

As a massive fan of both games I'm enjoying the adaption. It's diverting from the original story just enough to keep it fresh but not so much that I don't recognise it. Love the added details - flashbacks, character backgrounds (esp Bill and Frank) and so on. Actually as great as the Bill and Frank episode was, I did miss the interaction you get in the game between Bill, Ellie and Joel.

Not so sure about Ellie though - Bella Ramsey has the acting chops, but the game Ellie stayed just the right side of likeable vs abrasive. I wonder if they deliberately wrote this version of the character as a little more annoying so the viewer has more sympathy with Joel's emotional distance.

Seems to me they are pacing to cover all of the first game with this season (and if I read the trailer correctly, the Left Behind chapter also). Part two will need more than 9 episodes if they are doing the same. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

The Last of Us on 23:33 - Feb 27 with 724 viewshatch

The Last of Us on 18:31 - Feb 15 by Swansea_Blue

I’m a bit late out the blocks but just finished episode 3 tonight (the one being referred to) and as I was watching it all I could think was ‘I think this might be one of the greatest episodes of television I’ve ever seen’.

I’ve never been into fantasy, aliens or zombies but I cannot put into words how good episode 3 is. Even if you don’t watch the whole series you can watch episode 3 by itself. Absolutely marvellous television and effectively its own little film.
The Last of Us on 00:56 - Feb 28 with 654 viewsBugs

The Last of Us on 19:06 - Feb 15 by SlippinJimmyJuan

I only hear good things about the games, and I know there is more to them than just the horror elements, but I doubt I'll ever play them. Just find photorealistic horror games (particularly if they are zombie themed) too intensely immersive, although even something like Death Stranding had me looking over my shoulder every time I went for a walk!

Horror films on the other hand, generally don't spook me much. Well, the zombie ones do, but I still really enjoy them and the genre as a whole. I think my issue is zombies, I wonder why they are so troubling to me? Even Shaun of the Dead makes me go a bit clammy! I'll probably watch the series at some point, although I know it will make me want to play the games, which as discussed, is probably going to cost me many a good night's sleep. Argh, maybe I should just stick to Luigi's Mansion!

I never though of it as a horror game when I played it....although strictly speaking I suppose it is. I just enjoyed it as a great game with a great narrative.
The Last of Us on 01:10 - Feb 28 with 638 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

The Last of Us on 00:56 - Feb 28 by Bugs

I never though of it as a horror game when I played it....although strictly speaking I suppose it is. I just enjoyed it as a great game with a great narrative.

Yeah I think most people would agree with you about the narrative being more important. I just can't get past the zombies, something about the undead just troubles me!

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024