Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad with Williams.... 16:04 - Aug 23 with 4081 viewsitfcjoe

...and who I think is likely to be able to cope with starting regularly

GK - Walton Hladky
RCB - Clarke, Donacien
CB - Woolf, Edmundson
LCB - Burgess
RM/RWB - Burns, Williams
LM/LWB - Davis (Williams)
RCM - Morsy, Ball
LCM - Luongo, Taylor
LAM - Broadhead, Harness
CAM - Chaplin, Hutchinson
CF - Hirst

Sub/Utility Forward/Chess piece - Jackson, Hutchinson
Senior squad influencer - Aluko

Training players/loan potential - Baggott, Humphreys

Required back up - Slicker

On way out? - Evans

Just hard to know where it leaves Freddie Ladapo, I still think if we can get it done he'll go this window if replacements happen as is a player who has a transfer value who is unlikely to play much

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Squad with Williams.... on 16:07 - Aug 23 with 3986 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Aren't we getting a bit ahead of ourselves given that Williams hasn't signed yet (and the troubles we've had signing players this summer)?!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Squad with Williams.... on 16:11 - Aug 23 with 3933 viewsoldburian

Have we sold Burgess while I had a nap?
Squad with Williams.... on 16:18 - Aug 23 with 3863 viewsthe_toff

I would be fine with Ladapo moving on, I think we'll need better to compete at the right end of the Championship over the course of the season. I would add Evans, Edwards and Leigh to that list too. They've all contributed and would wish them well, but there's no room for sentiment, and we'll need to move a few on to bring in quality.

If we could sign Williams, Philogene and a forward to compete with Hirst that would be exceptional. I can't see us parting with the rumoured 5m for Philogene, but he's a player that would take us to another level offensively.
Squad with Williams.... on 16:32 - Aug 23 with 3722 viewstextbackup

Squad with Williams.... on 16:07 - Aug 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

Aren't we getting a bit ahead of ourselves given that Williams hasn't signed yet (and the troubles we've had signing players this summer)?!

What troubles have we had? Or should that read what troubles have we had that are the absolute truth and not fan made up issues?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Squad with Williams.... on 16:46 - Aug 23 with 3573 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Leeds are interested still……..l dont trust any of this until he is wearing the shirt…..We aren’t having much luck this summer with signings.
Squad with Williams.... on 19:19 - Aug 23 with 3225 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Squad with Williams.... on 16:32 - Aug 23 by textbackup

What troubles have we had? Or should that read what troubles have we had that are the absolute truth and not fan made up issues?

You don't think we've had any troubles?! You think getting Hirst back and signing Taylor were all we were planning to do?

Squad with Williams.... on 19:23 - Aug 23 with 3197 viewsNthQldITFC

Squad with Williams.... on 19:19 - Aug 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

You don't think we've had any troubles?! You think getting Hirst back and signing Taylor were all we were planning to do?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Squad with Williams.... on 19:29 - Aug 23 with 3158 viewsBlueStreak

You always ask for evidence ala Bully so go on then evidence that we have missed our targets? You’re guessing (and the window is still fully open).
Login to get fewer ads

Squad with Williams.... on 19:34 - Aug 23 with 3129 viewsthe_toff

Squad with Williams.... on 19:29 - Aug 23 by BlueStreak

You always ask for evidence ala Bully so go on then evidence that we have missed our targets? You’re guessing (and the window is still fully open).

To be fair (and I’m firmly in the relax camp), it’s fairly logical to assume that we’ve missed out on some targets. Providing evidence is going to be difficult for anyone, it’s all speculation, but I don’t think it’s much of a stretch to assume we have*.

*as have most teams probably. You’re not going to land every target.
Squad with Williams.... on 19:35 - Aug 23 with 3107 viewstextbackup

I hadn’t realised the window had closed already, my bad…

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Squad with Williams.... on 20:21 - Aug 23 with 2966 viewsBlueStreak

Squad with Williams.... on 19:34 - Aug 23 by the_toff

To be fair (and I’m firmly in the relax camp), it’s fairly logical to assume that we’ve missed out on some targets. Providing evidence is going to be difficult for anyone, it’s all speculation, but I don’t think it’s much of a stretch to assume we have*.

*as have most teams probably. You’re not going to land every target.

Exactly every team misses out of targets so it’s literally the norm
Squad with Williams.... on 21:35 - Aug 23 with 2662 viewsITFC_Forever

Greg Leigh?

I’ve been busy the last few days, so I may have missed it, but he hasn’t gone yet has he?

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Squad with Williams.... on 21:41 - Aug 23 with 2598 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Squad with Williams.... on 19:29 - Aug 23 by BlueStreak

I appreciate the window's still open, I've only spoken about what's happened so far. You're quite right, I don't have any actual evidence we've gone for anyone else, but given what both McKenna and Ashton have talked about I think it's a fair assumption we've tried to get deals done that haven't happened. That's not a criticism of them, it's obviously harder up a league. But to suggest we haven't missed any targets is naive in the extreme IMO.

If I'm wrong and we haven't gone for a single other player, then that's very odd.

It's impossible for me to have evidence of this, so if that means you win the internet then well done you. Help yourself to a frangipan.

Squad with Williams.... on 21:45 - Aug 23 with 2562 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Squad with Williams.... on 19:35 - Aug 23 by textbackup

I hadn’t realised the window had closed already, my bad…

Where did I say it has?

The thing about talking about 'the troubles we've had' ...it's a comment on the past, not the future.

Squad with Williams.... on 15:11 - Sep 4 with 1801 viewschicoazul

Left side of defence looks like the only obviously-weak spot now with Scarlett in there. I didn’t think Freddie would be good enough at this level, shows what I know as usual.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Squad with Williams.... on 15:37 - Sep 4 with 1688 viewsnodge_blue

I think theres slightly mixed messages coming out about the quality of our squad. I was listening to kierans interview after the cardiff game and he reflects on other squads having a higher pedigree and how we will have to operate at our maximum level to compete.

I cant help feel that he isnt really happy with our window but is a realist in terms of we just couldnt get the deals done. I think its entirely understandable thats hes not going to dig out anyone for that. And he also recognises how all the squad are really putting in a shift.

I think we may have to settle for just one or two per window for now and see where we are next season in terms of real championship proven level depth.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Squad with Williams.... on 22:53 - Sep 4 with 1165 viewsChurchman

Squad with Williams.... on 15:37 - Sep 4 by nodge_blue

I think theres slightly mixed messages coming out about the quality of our squad. I was listening to kierans interview after the cardiff game and he reflects on other squads having a higher pedigree and how we will have to operate at our maximum level to compete.

I cant help feel that he isnt really happy with our window but is a realist in terms of we just couldnt get the deals done. I think its entirely understandable thats hes not going to dig out anyone for that. And he also recognises how all the squad are really putting in a shift.

I think we may have to settle for just one or two per window for now and see where we are next season in terms of real championship proven level depth.

I didn’t get any particular sense of disappointment from McKenna. His point about how we compete was very much around how every team is decent in this division and you will get punished. If he is hacked off about it, he’s far too diplomatic to let that show.

The notable criticism was from Mick Mills who would like to have seen four players in who were an upgrade in what we have, rather than even the squad out quality wise.

Given prices, parachute money, the competition, I can’t see how that was ever realistic. But I’ll be very interested to hear what Ashton has to say on our transfer dealings. What went well, what didn’t, expectations and what the future holds/what they are looking to do.

The fans forum should be interesting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024