Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That bloke who escaped prison the other day 16:06 - Sep 21 with 2191 viewsbluelagos

Has pleaded not guilty to escaping prison...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66876658

Anyone got any ideas on what could constitute an arguable defence? That he just went for a walk and accidently ended up outside the prison?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

That bloke who escaped prison the other day on 16:09 - Sep 21 with 2165 viewsVegtablue

Maybe it was another one of his elaborate hoaxes.
That bloke who escaped prison the other day on 16:11 - Sep 21 with 2149 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

They asked him how he got away, he said Iran....

When then asked how far, he said "Iraq-ed up a few miles, that's for sure"..

I will leave now.
That bloke who escaped prison the other day on 16:13 - Sep 21 with 2132 viewsgiant_stow

maybe he's gonna say he's insane?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

That bloke who escaped prison the other day on 16:17 - Sep 21 with 2107 viewsbluelagos

That bloke who escaped prison the other day on 16:13 - Sep 21 by giant_stow

maybe he's gonna say he's insane?

Am sure he's in Wandsworth.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

That bloke who escaped prison the other day on 16:45 - Sep 21 with 2024 viewsstrikalite

Not guilty plea because he believes he shouldn't be there in the first place?
That bloke who escaped prison the other day on 16:57 - Sep 21 with 1981 viewsZx1988

That bloke who escaped prison the other day on 16:45 - Sep 21 by strikalite

I would assume his defence will be based on a technicality along those lines.

It's interesting to note that a number of countries (Germany being the most notable) do not criminalise/punish attempts to escape from prison, on the basis that they believe that it is human nature to seek to escape confinement, and that imprisonment is in contravention of the rights of the individual.

All an escapee from a German prison can be punished for is any offence committed in the act of escaping (criminal damage/assault/theft etc.,).

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

That bloke who escaped prison the other day on 17:06 - Sep 21 with 1961 viewsblueasfook

He's David Copperfield and his escape, consequent man hunt and capture was all just an illusion.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

That bloke who escaped prison the other day on 17:30 - Sep 21 with 1893 views_clive_baker_

Maybe he was carrying his bedsheet back to his cell, tripped, fell outside and got tangled up with the bottom of a lorry. Only managed to free himself a few miles down the road.

Login to get fewer ads

That bloke who escaped prison the other day on 17:32 - Sep 21 with 1873 viewsGeoffSentence

That bloke who escaped prison the other day on 16:57 - Sep 21 by Zx1988

It's interesting to note that a number of countries (Germany being the most notable) do not criminalise/punish attempts to escape from prison, on the basis that they believe that it is human nature to seek to escape confinement, and that imprisonment is in contravention of the rights of the individual.

All an escapee from a German prison can be punished for is any offence committed in the act of escaping (criminal damage/assault/theft etc.,).

I reckon that will be it. The actual charge is something along the lines of "escaping lawful incarceration" and he will most likely try to argue that his incarceration is not lawful.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

That bloke who escaped prison the other day on 17:36 - Sep 21 with 1851 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

“Germany being the most notable) do not criminalise/punish attempts to escape from prison, on the basis that they believe that it is human nature to seek to escape confinement, and that imprisonment is in contravention of the rights of the individual. ”

Maybe he’d prefer Colditz then…
That bloke who escaped prison the other day on 17:56 - Sep 21 with 1801 viewsSwansea_Blue

'I was innocently going about my exercise duties when a passing lorry accidentally snagged my trousers, carrying me beyond the boundary of the premises in a manner that was beyond my control'.

Oh feck it, bloody Clive Baker beating me to it
[Post edited 21 Sep 2023 17:57]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

That bloke who escaped prison the other day on 18:20 - Sep 21 with 1726 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

That bloke who escaped prison the other day on 17:32 - Sep 21 by GeoffSentence

I reckon that will be it. The actual charge is something along the lines of "escaping lawful incarceration" and he will most likely try to argue that his incarceration is not lawful.

Added to the fact of ‘why not’
He’s already inside and it was just a plea hearing. This way he gets ‘another’ day at court where he perhaps wants a bit more media attention etc.
Chances are, he’ll either run with the defence of unlawful incarceration or simply plead guilty just to drag it out for as long as possible
That bloke who escaped prison the other day on 18:22 - Sep 21 with 1724 viewsfactual_blue

He's just being awkward by making the Police and CPS prepare a full prosecution case, summon witnesses etc. My guess would be he'll plead guilty on the day of the trial.

Not sure how he'd answer the question 'where we you on [whatever day he was recaptured]?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

That bloke who escaped prison the other day on 19:29 - Sep 21 with 1637 viewsNthQldITFC

"Good luck."

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

That bloke who escaped prison the other day on 09:22 - Sep 22 with 1330 viewsChurchman

That bloke who escaped prison the other day on 16:45 - Sep 21 by strikalite

That was the same defence used by Sir William Wallace. It didn’t end well for him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024