Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We have played 15 matches in the league this season. 13:13 - Nov 8 with 3862 viewsnorfsufblue

And not had a single offence committed against us in the opposition penalty area……
In the words of David Coleman
“ Remarkable!”
We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 13:17 - Nov 8 with 3541 viewsHerbivore

Especially when you look at our attacking stats and how often we're in the opposition area. Astonishing that there's been not one infringement in all of those entries into the opposition penalty area.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 13:42 - Nov 8 with 3469 viewsEastTownBlue

Last season Bristol City made a big thing of getting their first penalty in forty odd matches. Who knows if we will get that far.
We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 14:07 - Nov 8 with 3379 viewsBseaBlue

With the high amount of possession and dominance that we have, its madness really. When you then add in that we are the highest scorers in the league it seems even stranger!
We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 14:08 - Nov 8 with 3368 viewsOldFart71

An agenda maybe ?
We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 16:57 - Nov 8 with 3156 viewsIllinoisblue

How does that compare with the 23 other clubs?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 17:02 - Nov 8 with 3143 viewsHerbivore

We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 16:57 - Nov 8 by Illinoisblue

How does that compare with the 23 other clubs?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/topErhalteneElfmeter/wettbewerb/GB2

Almost all of the top half sides have had at least one penalty and some multiple penalties. No coincidence that most of those who aren't getting penalties are the sides in the bottom half who likely don't get into the opposition area as much. Certainly seems a bit of an outlier that we, as one of the most attacking sides in the league, are yet to be awarded a penalty.

We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 18:31 - Nov 8 with 2949 viewsIllinoisblue

We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 17:02 - Nov 8 by Herbivore

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/topErhalteneElfmeter/wettbewerb/GB2

Almost all of the top half sides have had at least one penalty and some multiple penalties. No coincidence that most of those who aren't getting penalties are the sides in the bottom half who likely don't get into the opposition area as much. Certainly seems a bit of an outlier that we, as one of the most attacking sides in the league, are yet to be awarded a penalty.

Sounds like a clear conspiracy against us. Maybe we need to start diving more. Of course, all this uproar over not being awarded penalties, means only one thing : Swansea will get a penalty on Saturday.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 19:02 - Nov 8 with 2888 viewsnorfsufblue

We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 18:31 - Nov 8 by Illinoisblue

Sounds like a clear conspiracy against us. Maybe we need to start diving more. Of course, all this uproar over not being awarded penalties, means only one thing : Swansea will get a penalty on Saturday.

As I said on EIEi....s thread, they don't even get one wrong in our favour!
Login to get fewer ads

We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 08:47 - Nov 9 with 2584 viewsHighgateBlue

We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 17:02 - Nov 8 by Herbivore

We have certainly been denied at least one penalty that clearly should have been given (most obviously the foul on Hirst in our very last game). But doesn't the above transfermarkt data show that 10 teams have had no penalties? That is, twice as many have had none as have had any other particular number of penalties?

It's unfortunate, but I'm not sure we're some kind of outlier. I get the point that we are more attacking, but I think you need a bigger sample of games and a more sophisticated analysis of what style of football leads to more penalties in order to be able to say by what percentage an attacking style should yield more pens.

The below data appears to indicate that we have not conceded one this season either (if that's wrong and I've forgotten one, I haven't woken up properly yet):
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/topVerursachteElfmeter/wettbewerb/G

I'm sure that a number of the teams to have faced us this season will say that they should have had a penalty also.

We seem to have received the fourth most yellow cards in the league. One could say that that's evidence of some conspiracy against saintly old Ipswich, or you could say that we've been lucky not to concede more pens given how prone to yellow card offences our team is. Lies, damned lies and all that...
We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 08:53 - Nov 9 with 2566 viewsHerbivore

We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 08:47 - Nov 9 by HighgateBlue

We have certainly been denied at least one penalty that clearly should have been given (most obviously the foul on Hirst in our very last game). But doesn't the above transfermarkt data show that 10 teams have had no penalties? That is, twice as many have had none as have had any other particular number of penalties?

It's unfortunate, but I'm not sure we're some kind of outlier. I get the point that we are more attacking, but I think you need a bigger sample of games and a more sophisticated analysis of what style of football leads to more penalties in order to be able to say by what percentage an attacking style should yield more pens.

The below data appears to indicate that we have not conceded one this season either (if that's wrong and I've forgotten one, I haven't woken up properly yet):
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/topVerursachteElfmeter/wettbewerb/G

I'm sure that a number of the teams to have faced us this season will say that they should have had a penalty also.

We seem to have received the fourth most yellow cards in the league. One could say that that's evidence of some conspiracy against saintly old Ipswich, or you could say that we've been lucky not to concede more pens given how prone to yellow card offences our team is. Lies, damned lies and all that...

I stand by my analysis. Yours seems all over the place to be honest.

We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 09:10 - Nov 9 with 2532 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

http://Omari's penalty shouts 22:01 - Oct 5 with 1591 views

I said this on 5th Oct. We need to be cuter when we go down, and not make it so bleeding obvious that we want a pen by turning to the ref, need to act like you've been felled with an axe and will never recover

edit: how the hell do you add an earlier post? I don't find the "how do I" guide very helpful
[Post edited 9 Nov 2023 9:11]

Poll: would you rather

We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 09:13 - Nov 9 with 2516 viewsRadlett_blue

We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 08:47 - Nov 9 by HighgateBlue

And the reality is that dubious penalty kicks are far less likely to be given in the Football League because of the absence of VAR & I for one am perfectly happy about that.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 09:25 - Nov 9 with 2492 viewsHerbivore

We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 09:13 - Nov 9 by Radlett_blue

And the reality is that dubious penalty kicks are far less likely to be given in the Football League because of the absence of VAR & I for one am perfectly happy about that.

It's not the dubious ones that are the issue, it's the clearcut ones we've not been given.

We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 09:46 - Nov 9 with 2456 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's a remarkable testament to the care and precision of the opposition's challenges.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 11:37 - Nov 9 with 2323 viewshoppy

We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 13:42 - Nov 8 by EastTownBlue

Last season Bristol City made a big thing of getting their first penalty in forty odd matches. Who knows if we will get that far.

That's very unlike Bristol City making a big thing about something, isn't it?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 12:44 - Nov 9 with 2237 viewsVic

And whats the betting that when we do get one we'll miss it!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 13:23 - Nov 9 with 2158 viewsRadlett_blue

We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 09:25 - Nov 9 by Herbivore

It's not the dubious ones that are the issue, it's the clearcut ones we've not been given.

The foul on Hirst at Rotherham looked a penalty after a couple of replays. The handball would probably also have been given by VAR under the current laws. These are hard decisions for a referee to give if he sees the incident once, at normal speed, maybe from the wrong angle. These decisions usually even themelves out over a season & I remain happy that we don't see so many dubious penalty kicks given without VAR.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 13:28 - Nov 9 with 2149 viewsnorfsufblue

We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 13:23 - Nov 9 by Radlett_blue

The foul on Hirst at Rotherham looked a penalty after a couple of replays. The handball would probably also have been given by VAR under the current laws. These are hard decisions for a referee to give if he sees the incident once, at normal speed, maybe from the wrong angle. These decisions usually even themelves out over a season & I remain happy that we don't see so many dubious penalty kicks given without VAR.

Do you know what... why can't the ref himself just say.... I didn't see that, I'll have a quick look myself to just make sure without the outside influence of another person..... granted it might mean a few more stops but also when he can immediately punish divers and cheats then it might help players decide not to do that......
Although I still favour ditching the whole VAR experiment!
We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 13:32 - Nov 9 with 2134 viewsHerbivore

We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 13:23 - Nov 9 by Radlett_blue

Both the foul on Hirst and the handball looked good shouts in real time, imo, hence the loud appeals from our players (who aren't the biggest appealers). Let's also not forget Hirst getting wiped out from behind against Sunderland on the opening day, I thought the Hutchinson one at Huddersfield looked a pen, there's been a few other good shouts but thankfully they've not obviously cost us points. To even it out over the rest of the season we'd need to be given about half a dozen penalties that aren't really penalties, I can't see that happening.

We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 13:53 - Nov 9 with 2082 viewsElderGrizzly

Do we just score before they can foul us?

Hirst incident as an outlier of course
[Post edited 9 Nov 2023 13:53]
We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 14:09 - Nov 9 with 2029 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Given that we don't have the best record from the spot, it maybe is a blessing! I seem to recall us missing a few last season.

We do love to make it hard for ourselves, even when we are doing well!
We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 14:33 - Nov 9 with 2004 viewspositivity

We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 14:09 - Nov 9 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Given that we don't have the best record from the spot, it maybe is a blessing! I seem to recall us missing a few last season.

We do love to make it hard for ourselves, even when we are doing well!

despite the lack of practice, we have 3/4 successful this season. i'll take those odds

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 19:01 - Nov 9 with 1857 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Hutchinson has had 3 or 4 penalty shouts alone. The one against Huddersfield looked a dead cert, and to add insult to injury he got manhandled when he was on the floor, and booed for the rest of the game by the home fans.
We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 19:14 - Nov 9 with 1843 viewsjayessess

We've not conceded one either. Us and Watford the two teams who haven't seen a single pen for or against this season.

Average number of penalties in the division is well down as well:

https://jacksaunders.substack.com/p/waved-away

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

We have played 15 matches in the league this season. on 19:32 - Nov 9 with 1798 viewsKropotkin123

Knowing our luck we'll probably get a couple in a game when we are 4-0 up against woeful opponents, such as on the 16th of December.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024