Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! 11:27 - Nov 10 with 1952 viewsnorfsufblue

Modern life is so frustrating!
Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 11:30 - Nov 10 with 1718 viewsNthQldITFC

Call me.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 11:35 - Nov 10 with 1697 viewsbaxterbasics

I assume your complaint is in relation to an attempt to contact either a business or government department.

But I am finding it applies increasingly to individuals - especially kids! They spend 90% of their waking life with a phone in their hand. Snap/WhatsApp messages will be replied to in seconds. Actually try calling.... nothing.

(Yes I am talking about MY kids specifically)

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 11:39 - Nov 10 with 1680 viewsJ2BLUE

Good. Anyone who has ever worked in customer service knows phone support is a thankless task.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 11:39 - Nov 10 with 1678 viewswkj

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 11:30 - Nov 10 by NthQldITFC

Call me.

Cover me with kisses, baby

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 11:41 - Nov 10 with 1667 viewsNthQldITFC

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 11:35 - Nov 10 by baxterbasics

I assume your complaint is in relation to an attempt to contact either a business or government department.

But I am finding it applies increasingly to individuals - especially kids! They spend 90% of their waking life with a phone in their hand. Snap/WhatsApp messages will be replied to in seconds. Actually try calling.... nothing.

TL;DR

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 11:43 - Nov 10 with 1645 viewsSwansea_Blue

Everyone really, not just kids. Me and my better half’s favourite game when someone calls is to look at phone, look at each other and say “I wonder who that is?”, before letting it ring out. We then spend the next 5 mins Googling the number to see who it might have been . The in-laws are the same.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 11:44 - Nov 10 with 1647 viewsNthQldITFC

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 11:39 - Nov 10 by wkj

Cover me with kisses, baby

Ooh, you swine! I 'ad the raging wotsit all afternoon the other day after I put 'Dirty Debbie Harry' in the ruin a film thread - and now you've gone and brought it up again!

Fnarr, fnarr! Gyurk, gyurk!

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 11:47 - Nov 10 with 1636 viewswkj

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 11:44 - Nov 10 by NthQldITFC

Ooh, you swine! I 'ad the raging wotsit all afternoon the other day after I put 'Dirty Debbie Harry' in the ruin a film thread - and now you've gone and brought it up again!

Fnarr, fnarr! Gyurk, gyurk!

If it helps, I recently uncovered my old tape library and found Viz: Blue Honeymoon. Featuring R-r-roy Chchchubby Arsse!

Login to get fewer ads

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 11:53 - Nov 10 with 1616 viewsCoastalblue

I'm all for this, I've always hated talking on the phone. My late Dad and I were well known for our phone calls which would consist of a series of grunts spaced across 30 seconds before we hung up.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 12:02 - Nov 10 with 1585 viewsIllinoisblue

I was able to call ESPN the other night and speak to an actual live person, to ask them why their streaming was foooked and not showing our game. Was on the phone for 12 minutes with this woman who then confirmed there was a technical difficulty. YES I KNOW THAT, IT’S WHY I’M CALLING. She then, in true helpdesk style, suggested i log out and back in again. Given the ending, a really fun night. Grrrrr.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 12:03 - Nov 10 with 1568 viewshoppy

Call me.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 12:18 - Nov 10 with 1499 viewsEwan_Oozami

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 12:03 - Nov 10 by hoppy

Get with it Grandad!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 12:21 - Nov 10 with 1487 viewshoppy

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 12:18 - Nov 10 by Ewan_Oozami

Get with it Grandad!

No thank you.

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 12:47 - Nov 10 with 1403 viewsHelp

Change your number so they don't know it is you and maybe they might answer it. It could be because it says parent on the screen when you call.
Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 12:51 - Nov 10 with 1385 viewsGeoffSentence

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 11:39 - Nov 10 by J2BLUE

Good. Anyone who has ever worked in customer service knows phone support is a thankless task.

Vague waffling descriptions of the issue, lack of information, misinformation, lack of clarity, distracting background noise all common factors in phone support that make it shlt for everyone involved.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 13:33 - Nov 10 with 1314 viewsfactual_blue

Call me.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 13:37 - Nov 10 with 1292 viewshoppy

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 12:18 - Nov 10 by Ewan_Oozami

Get with it Grandad!

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 13:38 - Nov 10 with 1287 viewsRyorry

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 11:39 - Nov 10 by J2BLUE

I suggest that anyone who doesn’t wish to be paid for trying to help customers who’ve had a problem as a result of using their company, seeks alternative employment.

Customers don’t get paid for the hours and days of their own time that they spend trying to get problems such as non-deliveries of goods that are described as‘delivered’, resolved via email, or even worse, the useless chat bots.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2023 14:01]

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 15:04 - Nov 10 with 1194 viewsnorfsufblue

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 13:38 - Nov 10 by Ryorry

I suggest that anyone who doesn’t wish to be paid for trying to help customers who’ve had a problem as a result of using their company, seeks alternative employment.

Customers don’t get paid for the hours and days of their own time that they spend trying to get problems such as non-deliveries of goods that are described as‘delivered’, resolved via email, or even worse, the useless chat bots.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2023 14:01]

Why not "live chat" with us?

That has got to be the most instantly annoying thing that appears EVERYWHERE on the Internet....especially as its anything but live !
Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 15:10 - Nov 10 with 1179 viewsDeano69

Call me.

[Post edited 10 Nov 2023 15:11]

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 16:01 - Nov 10 with 1111 viewswkj

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 15:10 - Nov 10 by Deano69

Way to go, you just killed all the Grandads.

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 16:15 - Nov 10 with 1085 viewsDJR

It's not just a modern phenomenon.

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 16:51 - Nov 10 with 1029 viewsSwansea_Blue

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 15:10 - Nov 10 by Deano69

Nice stereo

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 17:53 - Nov 10 with 943 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Why the hell can't you ring anybody anymore! on 18:10 - Nov 10 with 895 viewsronnyd

Booked a blood test today, had to phone after the Swift Queue portal locked me out. Took about five minutes of explaining different options and protocols before the option of actually speaking to someone. Must say, it was fairly quick after that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024