Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joey Barton 01:02 - Apr 9 with 2506 viewsHipsterectomy

At what point is his twitter being taken away from him?

I saw Gab Sutton reached out to the young Bristol Rovers player who claims to have been bullied by Barton. Barton gets aggressive and nasty about it, eventually starts making fun of Gab’s appearance/size to all his almost 3 million followers…kind of like what a bully would do.

As Gab says, it’s lucky that he can take this, as the pile ons and embarrassment that could come from Barton abusing random people online is a bit dark. I assume Barton knows his career is over and this now pays his bills

Edit: he wasn’t a player but a staff member
[Post edited 9 Apr 1:12]

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Joey Barton on 01:31 - Apr 9 with 2417 viewsgainsboroughblue

The saddest part of all this is how many people hang on that w@nker's every word.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Joey Barton on 05:24 - Apr 9 with 2275 viewsMK1

Joey Barton is a knob.
Joey Barton on 06:20 - Apr 9 with 2235 viewsyorkshireblue

He’s a grifter who will no doubt set up another Go Fund me to support his legal case.
Joey Barton on 06:41 - Apr 9 with 2197 viewstcblue

He's not even particularly good at it.

He's a Pound Shop Katie Hopkins. Maybe someone should critique him on it, as he's so fond of doing to folks in football
Joey Barton on 07:18 - Apr 9 with 2110 viewsZx1988

Sadly he probably doesn't.

These days the likes of Barton on Twitter are a feature, rather than a bug.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Joey Barton on 09:53 - Apr 9 with 1782 viewsdavblue

He's like a younger sibling, who when is challenged bites back and doesn't know when to stop. It's very juvenile has to try and get the last word in and be like a bully. Some of what he says will probably have some truth to it in regards to the recruitment person but the character assassination that comes with every retort wears very thin when he is like he is and has been.

I also go back last season when McKenna said Joey apologised to him for playing that way and he went on the attack calling McKenna 'a civilian' because he hadn't made many appearances because of injury. It's just low on every level, he knows full well he had to retire because of injury and McKenna as a coach has way and above more experience than Joey has and will end up having a more successful coaching career than Joey also.

Very strange bloke.
Joey Barton on 10:09 - Apr 9 with 1739 viewsHipsterectomy

Joey Barton on 09:53 - Apr 9 by davblue

He's like a younger sibling, who when is challenged bites back and doesn't know when to stop. It's very juvenile has to try and get the last word in and be like a bully. Some of what he says will probably have some truth to it in regards to the recruitment person but the character assassination that comes with every retort wears very thin when he is like he is and has been.

I also go back last season when McKenna said Joey apologised to him for playing that way and he went on the attack calling McKenna 'a civilian' because he hadn't made many appearances because of injury. It's just low on every level, he knows full well he had to retire because of injury and McKenna as a coach has way and above more experience than Joey has and will end up having a more successful coaching career than Joey also.

Very strange bloke.

He picked out another random person who was defending Gab Sutton, and posted his photo to shame him, for I guess having a lazy eye. And so most of the comments were also making fun of this random guy and how he looked.

I just can’t believe he gets so rattled by criticism (despite only seeming to give it out) that he’s literally trying to cause dogpiles on the most random of people.

Joey Barton on 10:29 - Apr 9 with 1686 viewsGuthrum

Joey Barton on 07:18 - Apr 9 by Zx1988

Sadly he probably doesn't.

These days the likes of Barton on Twitter are a feature, rather than a bug.

It's this twisted version of free speech, being the right to spout bigotry, abuse and even hatred.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Joey Barton on 10:29 - Apr 9 with 1680 viewsBlueBadger

Joey Barton on 01:31 - Apr 9 by gainsboroughblue

The saddest part of all this is how many people hang on that w@nker's every word.

He(and they) just have Very Real Concerns.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Joey Barton on 10:33 - Apr 9 with 1661 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Joey Barton on 10:29 - Apr 9 by Guthrum

It's this twisted version of free speech, being the right to spout bigotry, abuse and even hatred.

Indeed his Twitter won't be taken away as they see themselves as the bastion of free speech.

At some point the police will deal with something that goes beyond the line of criminal. Barton thinks he is clever enough to stay the right side of that line but I am not sure he is.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Joey Barton on 10:35 - Apr 9 with 1643 viewsBlueBadger

Joey Barton on 06:20 - Apr 9 by yorkshireblue

He’s a grifter who will no doubt set up another Go Fund me to support his legal case.

Surely the market for rightwing twitter hot-takers must be saturated by now?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Joey Barton on 10:42 - Apr 9 with 1622 viewsRobTheMonk

Don’t engage with him at all. He’ll end up just being his his own vitriolic echo chamber.
Joey Barton on 10:47 - Apr 9 with 1594 viewsyorkshireblue

While we're talking about Twitter whoppers...

Joey Barton on 11:03 - Apr 9 with 1546 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Joey Barton on 10:47 - Apr 9 by yorkshireblue

While we're talking about Twitter whoppers...

Is he claiming the Government control the weather? That really takes a stretch beyond the ordinary conspiracy theories doesn't it?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Joey Barton on 12:09 - Apr 9 with 1435 viewsEuropablue

Joey Barton on 06:41 - Apr 9 by tcblue

He's not even particularly good at it.

He's a Pound Shop Katie Hopkins. Maybe someone should critique him on it, as he's so fond of doing to folks in football

Katie Hopkins is pretty much pound shop, but maybe compared to Joey Barton we can call her charity shop.
Joey Barton on 12:11 - Apr 9 with 1428 viewsEuropablue

Joey Barton on 09:53 - Apr 9 by davblue

Very strange bloke.

Joey Barton has managed more clubs, but KM is already way more successful than Barton was or ever will be as a manager.
Joey Barton on 12:13 - Apr 9 with 1410 viewsEuropablue

Joey Barton on 10:29 - Apr 9 by Guthrum

I don't know where to draw the line because offense varies depending on the person.
There are some limits everyone can agree on.
Joey Barton on 12:15 - Apr 9 with 1395 viewsmutters

He won't unless he goes to the extreme.

Since Musk bought Twitter he has allowed all sorts of loons and oddballs to carry on their hate speech. It's termed under freedom of speech or some sort of bollox. As much as twitter is a cess pit and has always been, it is a much worse cess pit these days under new ownership

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Joey Barton on 12:27 - Apr 9 with 1370 viewsGuthrum

Joey Barton on 12:13 - Apr 9 by Europablue

I don't know where to draw the line because offense varies depending on the person.
There are some limits everyone can agree on.

It's always going to be very subjective. A lot of humour depends upon being mildly offensive or singling out particular characteristics of a person/group. Expression of some political or social views may cause offense to others.

For me, a lot of it depends upon how it is stated and whether there is an intention to cause offence or harm (which can include belittling or marginalising), rather than simply making a point. The problem with a sector of modern political discourse is it has become about "sticking it to the libs", "riling up the rednecks" and generally "upsetting the right people". This rather than reasoned argument or propsing viable compromises and solutions.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Joey Barton on 12:45 - Apr 9 with 1317 viewsBlueBadger

Joey Barton on 10:42 - Apr 9 by RobTheMonk

Don’t engage with him at all. He’ll end up just being his his own vitriolic echo chamber.

Although, conversely by NOT challenging and/or ridiculing extreme beliefs and ignorance you run the risk of allowing it to be normalised.

Self proclaimed 'hard' lads have a tendency to cry like tired toddlers if their bullsh1t isn't treated with the utmost gravitas and respect at all times.

Joey Barton on 12:58 - Apr 9 with 1268 viewsNthQldITFC

Dick, Barton.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Joey Barton on 18:00 - Apr 9 with 1025 viewsHipsterectomy

I shouldn’t be given him more attention but his latest (unprovoked) post to Gab Sutton is just insanity at this point and he needs saving from himself:

You couldn’t run for 20 minutes without getting a stitch. But hear you are pontificating as if you have a clue about playing football. 😭😭😭

You’re a fat lad who used to eat sarnies and crisps and watch the proper boys play football in the playground.

Then judge them in between swigging from a bottle of warm Pepsi with loads of floaters in it and play hop scotch with the girls.

Turn it in lard arse. You and the goons that follow you couldn’t play football. You probably only watch it to look at the players arses for little fairies.

Stick to rating @JustEatUK and @UberDelivery you big fat slob.

Don’t ever mention me again or I’ll come and find you and flush your head down the nearest toilet.

You fat little goth.
——————-
How the fck was this guy in professional football a few months ago???

Joey Barton on 19:13 - Apr 9 with 945 viewsyorkshireblue

Joey Barton on 11:03 - Apr 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

Is he claiming the Government control the weather? That really takes a stretch beyond the ordinary conspiracy theories doesn't it?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024