Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away from the obvious names for our next manager 00:01 - Mar 19 with 7489 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Jackett, etc

Any left field names we could go for? Throw them names out there..

Michael Laudrup.
Nigel Clough.
Gareth Ainsworth.

There's three

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 11:34 - Mar 19 with 1363 viewschicoazul

Wenger Allegri or Anecelotti.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 11:35 - Mar 19 with 1362 viewsHerbivore

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 11:34 - Mar 19 by yorkshireblue

The problem is, I personally feel we need a different type of manager to the end of the season compared to what we'll need next season and beyond.

I'm all for the type of manager already suggested in this thread - doing well in the lower leagues. However, I'm not sure a relegation battle is the right time to bring them in. I imagine the plan has been for MM to leave once we were safe, but now that is not a certainty. So, who is available on a short term deal until the end of the season and wouldn't make taking the job knowing it was only until the end of the season?

We're not going to be changing manager until we're safe.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 11:36 - Mar 19 with 1363 viewsDolly2.0

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 11:34 - Mar 19 by yorkshireblue

The problem is, I personally feel we need a different type of manager to the end of the season compared to what we'll need next season and beyond.

I'm all for the type of manager already suggested in this thread - doing well in the lower leagues. However, I'm not sure a relegation battle is the right time to bring them in. I imagine the plan has been for MM to leave once we were safe, but now that is not a certainty. So, who is available on a short term deal until the end of the season and wouldn't make taking the job knowing it was only until the end of the season?

Klug and Nash?

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 11:36 - Mar 19 with 1363 viewschicoazul

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 07:15 - Mar 19 by davblue

Ainsworth has done a really good job at Wycombe with no money, he is very much a long ball man though, pump it into the corners.

He's picked up players from reserve sides and improved them. Mawson, Pierre, Scowen all good players.

All Managers from below the Championship are long ball merchants because thats what the players are capable of. Nobody plays tiki taka in Lg 2.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 11:37 - Mar 19 with 1352 viewsArcher4721

Phil Parkinson would be my choice but we may have missed the boat on him now.
Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 11:39 - Mar 19 with 1342 viewschicoazul

Also people talking about "missing the boat" on this name or that are clueless. Ipswich are one of the biggest clubs in the country and MMc is on a massive whack. If we want anyone from outside the Championship Top 6 down we could get them.

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 11:39 - Mar 19 with 1335 viewsPlums

See my earlier post. Bring a DoF to get us over the line as interim manager. They then take up their permanent post and their first task it to appoint the full time manager.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 11:45 - Mar 19 with 1319 viewschicoazul

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 11:39 - Mar 19 by Plums

See my earlier post. Bring a DoF to get us over the line as interim manager. They then take up their permanent post and their first task it to appoint the full time manager.

We already have a Director of Football. MMc says its Taff Evans.

Login to get fewer ads

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 11:45 - Mar 19 with 1317 viewsHerbivore

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 11:39 - Mar 19 by chicoazul

Also people talking about "missing the boat" on this name or that are clueless. Ipswich are one of the biggest clubs in the country and MMc is on a massive whack. If we want anyone from outside the Championship Top 6 down we could get them.

How many managers has ME appointed from other clubs?

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 11:45 - Mar 19 with 1315 viewschicoazul

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 11:45 - Mar 19 by Herbivore

How many managers has ME appointed from other clubs?

None.

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 11:47 - Mar 19 with 1306 viewsolimar

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 11:39 - Mar 19 by chicoazul

Not sure about that. Ipswich are a bottom half of the Championship team with a wage bill that matches. A big salary might attract interest, but any manager with upwardly mobile career aspirations would look at it as a challenge to get us to improve.
Would you join Ipswich over Wolves? Fulham? Norwich? Villa? Bristol City? Derby? Cardiff? All clubs with more resources available and a realistic chance of being able to move forward.
Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 11:49 - Mar 19 with 1302 viewsyogiblue

Poyet & Taricco?
Kuqi & Counago?
Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 11:50 - Mar 19 with 1294 viewsHerbivore

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 11:45 - Mar 19 by chicoazul

None.

Which suggests it's not likely we'll be appointing a manager from a Championship rival.

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 11:54 - Mar 19 with 1287 viewsLord_Lucan

It's a tough one. Unfortunately modern players these days are so arrogant they won't respect anyone that hasn't played at the highest level, and we all know that many great players never played at the highest level.

Edit; How about Frans

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/frans_thijssen_says_he_and_other_ipswich_town_legend
[Post edited 19 Mar 2017 12:06]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 11:57 - Mar 19 with 1278 viewsKieran_Knows

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 11:49 - Mar 19 by yogiblue

Poyet & Taricco?
Kuqi & Counago?

We'd have no chance with Poyet and Taricco now. Manager and assistant manager at Shanghai Shenhua in China, so probably being paid a fortune.

I wouldn't want Poyet anyway, but Taricco to come back in some capacity would be good.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 12:01 - Mar 19 with 1266 viewsWarkystache

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 11:33 - Mar 19 by Herbivore

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

I know who I'd like - someone who has perhaps coached a top club's reserves or youths, say at Barca or Ajax, who will play good football and has widely respected contacts with players and could bring some of said youth/reserve teamers here on loan.

Someone who can actually COACH his players to pull up trees, play decent, eye-catching football, all without falling into the same traps as have befallen relegated clubs in this league who try and spend their way out of it.

I appreciate this might take some time, especially as said manager would need to get shot of current players who don't fit the mould. He'd also need a fair budget, not overly ambitious perhaps but capable of paying for wages of decent reserves he's identified as being important. I'd much rather see a team of passionate young players who are a bit more technically aware than the current kick'n'rush merchants we seem to indulge here.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 12:06 - Mar 19 with 1255 viewsClapham_Junction

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 11:21 - Mar 19 by simoitfc

Think clough would be good fit for the club.
But with the club and fans relationship so fractured I think a manager with a connection to the club is vital.

Burley, butcher, magreal, magilton, reuser, Venus,

Holland? He's done his coaching badges.

Mich D'Avray had a great record as a manager in Australia.

A shame Butcher's managerial career has never really taken off, although he did well at Cally Thistle.

I wonder whether Taricco will ever become a manager or is just happy to be Poyet's assistant.
Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 12:11 - Mar 19 with 1243 viewsHerbivore

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 12:01 - Mar 19 by Warkystache

I know who I'd like - someone who has perhaps coached a top club's reserves or youths, say at Barca or Ajax, who will play good football and has widely respected contacts with players and could bring some of said youth/reserve teamers here on loan.

Someone who can actually COACH his players to pull up trees, play decent, eye-catching football, all without falling into the same traps as have befallen relegated clubs in this league who try and spend their way out of it.

I appreciate this might take some time, especially as said manager would need to get shot of current players who don't fit the mould. He'd also need a fair budget, not overly ambitious perhaps but capable of paying for wages of decent reserves he's identified as being important. I'd much rather see a team of passionate young players who are a bit more technically aware than the current kick'n'rush merchants we seem to indulge here.

I wouldn't be against the idea of bringing in an experienced coach from a top club but I'm not convinced we're set up to make it work. Other teams that have had success with such an approach have had a good structure in place and a chairman who knows football, something we lack. It's asking a lot for a coach - especially a foreign coach - to come in and run the whole footballing side of the club in the way that MM does.

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 12:13 - Mar 19 with 1241 viewsClausThomsen

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 00:20 - Mar 19 by Luk38644

Just wish people would stop banging on about the Cowley brothers. I've seen people say that Lincoln play good football yet all I saw in the FA Cup was direct football like we played under Mick in 14/15. They're flavour of the month like Paul Cook was last year when we lost to Portsmouth.

I don't know who I'd go for, I just know I don't trust Evans one bit.

Lazy comparing the Cowley's to Cook, Cook's had a mixed career, the Cowley's have been remarkably successful at all 3 clubs they've managed. I'm convinced they'll be snapped up by someone this summer, and fairly certain it won't be us.

One of these lower league managers who haven't done that well shouldn't be considered (Cook, Ainsworth etc), considering everyone was sticking their nose up at Rowett who had Burton ripping up trees.

Foreign is our best (and least likely) hope, I'd take Burley or Curbishley happily at this point though rather than roll the dice and see who ME is impressed by...
Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 12:18 - Mar 19 with 1229 viewsJ2BLUE

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 11:33 - Mar 19 by Herbivore

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

I believe that is the level we'll be looking at. Sherwood, Megson or Cotterill if you had to choose?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 12:21 - Mar 19 with 1227 viewsLord_Lucan

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 12:11 - Mar 19 by Herbivore

I wouldn't be against the idea of bringing in an experienced coach from a top club but I'm not convinced we're set up to make it work. Other teams that have had success with such an approach have had a good structure in place and a chairman who knows football, something we lack. It's asking a lot for a coach - especially a foreign coach - to come in and run the whole footballing side of the club in the way that MM does.

I really think Milton should be promoted to a more advanced role. I would like BFJ as DOF but wonder if he might be a tad too old now.

Yallop had reasonable success as a manager and I always fancied him but he went off the boil a bit and I don't reckon he would fancy a move back to UK. I'm not one that harps on about someone with an Ipswich connection but if ever there was a case for it it's now - although there really isn't a lot of choice. Mowbray or Butcher wouldn't get us up. Holland would be a massive gamble, Taricco is out of our league. I never thought I would say this and it sounds crazy as I'm typing it but Mick Mills? Or maybe Mills as DOF.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 12:23 - Mar 19 with 1222 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 10:39 - Mar 19 by Dolly2.0

Here's a less obvious choice that NO-ONE has suggested yet - a woman!

If ME liked the Roy Keane publicity then that would trump it!

Hopefully not this one

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 12:26 - Mar 19 with 1206 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

How about Micky melon?

Cons: looks like a used car salesman
Pros: would save the club money as he could wear all of MM's old kit
Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 12:26 - Mar 19 with 1204 viewsClausThomsen

Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 12:06 - Mar 19 by Clapham_Junction

Holland? He's done his coaching badges.

Mich D'Avray had a great record as a manager in Australia.

A shame Butcher's managerial career has never really taken off, although he did well at Cally Thistle.

I wonder whether Taricco will ever become a manager or is just happy to be Poyet's assistant.

Taricco would be my choice.
Away from the obvious names for our next manager on 12:29 - Mar 19 with 1190 viewsMJallday

Peter Taylor. would love to see his brand of passing football here

not sure ITFC beats new zealand though

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024