Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer 06:46 - Mar 20 with 5277 viewsReuser_is_God

& this has already been agreed between him & Evsns?

If so then surely this should be announced? It would certainly help ST renewals as msnybhave cited MM as the reason they won't renew.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 09:13 - Mar 20 with 951 viewsgerard1947

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 09:00 - Mar 20 by PhilTWTD

No, I don't think there's any decision been made between the two, although it wouldn't entirely surprise me if Mick is already minded to move on unless there's a dramatic change in mood and his standing among fans, which I think is unlikely to happen in the final eight games.

I'm sure you're right. His stock has dropped this season, that said he knows he will get plenty of offers when he does go. He probably knows he has taken us as far as he can bearing in mind the lack of funds. I expect an announcement after his holiday probably in June.
Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 09:15 - Mar 20 with 939 viewsDolly2.0

I imagine himself and TC have a fair idea of what they're going to do, and no-one else.

It could be that ME promises to release more funds so as not to lose them. Certainly, I don't see things just carrying on as they have been for another season.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 09:17 - Mar 20 with 935 viewsSWGF

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 09:05 - Mar 20 by SomethingBlue

It really is a miniature of the Wenger/Arsenal situation, this, isn't it!

Can we get miniature planes pulling miniature banners?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 09:19 - Mar 20 with 921 viewsDolly2.0

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 06:51 - Mar 20 by wkj

I would like to think not, simply because the thought of Mick being in holiday mode during a relagation scrap is worrying. Plus I honestly think many see Mick as the smaller issue as compared to Evans anyway, I doubt very seriously Mick announcing his depature in May would do very much to bolster the renewals next year
[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 6:53]

Mick won't be in 'holiday mode' even if he is off. He has too much professional pride and integrity for that... and won't want a relegation from the Championship on his CV either.

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 09:21 - Mar 20 with 913 viewsDolly2.0

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 08:32 - Mar 20 by textbackup

Mick is the reason I don't want to renew. Evans is a poor owner but he's not the one that picks the team and coaches them (lack of)

New manager new voice in dressing room, freshen things up. Imagine seeing ward etc given freedom to play, and not have nagging negative instructions shouted at him.

I've not enjoyed a single home game in two seasons, that's MMs doing

I think the performances and investment levels are inexorably linked. Mick has to play the hand he's dealt; a poor hand means a more cautious approach, and while some minor successes can be achieved, you're eventually going to get found out against someone with a much better hand.

Even the most skillful card player is just papering over the cracks when remaining competitive while continuously being dealt poor hands.

The biggest change we need is not getting rid of Mick imo. We need Marcus to have a long hard think, to realise his plan isn't working and that we're further from promotion than when he arrived, and to offer up the club for sale. There's only so long you can keep making the same mistake and chucking good money after bad.

If he's sensible he has two options. Invest heavily or sell. Keep doing what he's doing is just a haemophiliac leaving a bleeding wound to keep bleeding. Except the blood is his children's inheritance. What's the point of just watching it trickle away?

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 09:21 - Mar 20 with 924 viewsPhilTWTD

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 09:13 - Mar 20 by gerard1947

I'm sure you're right. His stock has dropped this season, that said he knows he will get plenty of offers when he does go. He probably knows he has taken us as far as he can bearing in mind the lack of funds. I expect an announcement after his holiday probably in June.

Yes, that is the other thing. From his perspective why should he stay at a club where a large proportion of fans don't want him, almost certainly the majority as things stand at present, when he would get another job where he'll probably have more money to spend soon afterwards?

I think the wider view from outside Town circles is that MM has done a very good job here - this season aside - given the resources at his disposal.
Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 09:29 - Mar 20 with 881 viewsHerbivore

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 08:44 - Mar 20 by textbackup

Oh mate you are getting on my fcking tits.

You tell me the games I've enjoyed then as you know better than me

You genuinely didn't enjoy any of the games against Leeds, Reading, Blackburn, Brizzle, QPR, Burton, Norwich or Barnsley this season? None of them? You didn't enjoy the last minute winners after sustained pressure against QPR, Reading or Leeds last season either? Or the performances against Burnley and Sheffield Wednesday? Or the Bolton and Wolves games where we played some good stuff? You're obviously very hard to please if you didn't enjoy a single one of those games.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 09:36 - Mar 20 with 864 viewsKeaneish

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 09:03 - Mar 20 by itfcjoe

But the constraints Evans sets do make Mick jobs like this, it's difficult to go out and attack when you are under resourced as don't have players that are as good.

But Mick is much easier to change than owner, and that will be the case.

I don't buy this one I'm afraid. I remember when Mick had plenty of resources at Wolves and he played new signing Steven Fletcher wide right and Jamie O'Hara as a defensive midfielder. It's just intrinsic to the way he approaches games. Remember, he made his playing career as a resolute defender and has maintained that ethos/approach in management in my view.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 09:37 - Mar 20 with 856 viewsitfcjoe

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 09:36 - Mar 20 by Keaneish

I don't buy this one I'm afraid. I remember when Mick had plenty of resources at Wolves and he played new signing Steven Fletcher wide right and Jamie O'Hara as a defensive midfielder. It's just intrinsic to the way he approaches games. Remember, he made his playing career as a resolute defender and has maintained that ethos/approach in management in my view.

They were low budgets for the Prem though.

I remember when Wolves were relatively big spending in this league and had better players and it was flying wingers and loads of goals.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 09:39 - Mar 20 with 841 viewsSomethingBlue

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 09:36 - Mar 20 by Keaneish

McCarthy's Wolves side was pretty attacking actually — especially at home.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 09:41 - Mar 20 with 835 viewspatrickswell

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 07:19 - Mar 20 by wkj

The one thing we tend to overlook with Mick, and his appeal to evans, is Mick takes on a lot more as a manager than a modern day football coach takes on (IE does the Director of Football bit too) how successful this has been, well, that is quite clearly questionable -

If ME has any chance of realistically reviving the staff structure at town, I am in a firm mindset that he needs a strong director of football which would allow the manager to be involved enitrely with the players

ME cant keep coasting along with purely business men doing the talking for the club, as it is just driving a wedge further between the club and the supporters
[Post edited 20 Mar 2017 7:20]

Mick's success as DoF has been impacted by Evans's reluctance to let him spend money on targets. The last transfer window we were supposedly linked with 2 Championship strikers and a League Two winger. Both of an age that would fit in with the Five Point Plan (as was Bradley Dack at Gillingham, last season). We put forward "seven figure bids" and end up with 2 defenders on 6 month deals, 2 National League signings (one of which came with an injury) and three loans - one that we definitely want, one who we might want and another who might just be here to boost his chances at his parent club, when his toe is better.

Mick has utter chaos going on above his head.
Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 10:07 - Mar 20 with 800 viewstextbackup

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 09:12 - Mar 20 by Dolly2.0

There have been some enjoyable games in the last 2 years. If you've managed to miss every single one of them you've been very lucky.

Which ones?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 10:12 - Mar 20 with 791 viewsLord_Lucan

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 09:13 - Mar 20 by gerard1947

He should make a decision within a week after the final game in order for us to re group. June is too late.

I suspect the decision has already been made.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 10:16 - Mar 20 with 769 viewsSuperfrans

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 09:00 - Mar 20 by PhilTWTD

No, I don't think there's any decision been made between the two, although it wouldn't entirely surprise me if Mick is already minded to move on unless there's a dramatic change in mood and his standing among fans, which I think is unlikely to happen in the final eight games.

This is exactly the situation, imho.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 10:17 - Mar 20 with 762 viewschevblue

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 10:07 - Mar 20 by textbackup

Which ones?

Now I don't set the bar very high (anymore) but ....

Barnsley
Reading
Leeds

... to name but three.

Blog: [Blog] Total Football

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 10:21 - Mar 20 with 752 viewsmanchego

Do you think that if MM is going in may that ME would take advice from him on the next manager ?
Does it work like that or am I being naive ?
Apart from the MM appointment (ironically) he hasn't done well and that's a real worry.
Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 10:33 - Mar 20 with 725 viewstextbackup

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 09:29 - Mar 20 by Herbivore

You genuinely didn't enjoy any of the games against Leeds, Reading, Blackburn, Brizzle, QPR, Burton, Norwich or Barnsley this season? None of them? You didn't enjoy the last minute winners after sustained pressure against QPR, Reading or Leeds last season either? Or the performances against Burnley and Sheffield Wednesday? Or the Bolton and Wolves games where we played some good stuff? You're obviously very hard to please if you didn't enjoy a single one of those games.

QPR last min was ok, purely for last min winner.
That aside no.

And it's a bit sad that in 2 seasons 46 games that there's maybe 10 that you remember as decent

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 10:34 - Mar 20 with 725 viewsReuser_is_God

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 09:05 - Mar 20 by SomethingBlue

It really is a miniature of the Wenger/Arsenal situation, this, isn't it!

Certainly is.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 10:38 - Mar 20 with 709 viewsHerbivore

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 10:33 - Mar 20 by textbackup

QPR last min was ok, purely for last min winner.
That aside no.

And it's a bit sad that in 2 seasons 46 games that there's maybe 10 that you remember as decent

There's no helping you if you didn't enjoy any of those games. Genuinely don't know what you're expecting when you go to Portman Road if all of those games failed to bring you enjoyment.

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 10:46 - Mar 20 with 691 viewsWestSussexBlue

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 08:32 - Mar 20 by textbackup

Mick is the reason I don't want to renew. Evans is a poor owner but he's not the one that picks the team and coaches them (lack of)

New manager new voice in dressing room, freshen things up. Imagine seeing ward etc given freedom to play, and not have nagging negative instructions shouted at him.

I've not enjoyed a single home game in two seasons, that's MMs doing

This I agree totally with. No doubt there would be no extra funds but I'd certainly be interested to see a new approach and vision from a fresh manager
Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 10:47 - Mar 20 with 688 viewsJosebadleg

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 10:38 - Mar 20 by Herbivore

There's no helping you if you didn't enjoy any of those games. Genuinely don't know what you're expecting when you go to Portman Road if all of those games failed to bring you enjoyment.

The decent games don't outweigh the utter sh1te that was both Rotherham home games, Fulham and Derby this season and the fact no matter who we play, we always make them look like world beaters

They say I have a short attenti.........
Poll: What are you looking for in the new manager

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 11:01 - Mar 20 with 669 viewsWBBlue18

I missed Life's a Pitch on Saturday. My wife said she half caught an interview with Ian Milne where he said something along the lines of:
"I don't know football but talking to people who know much more than me about football, the squad we have is good enough to get in the Premier League".

Assuming he said that without any more context around it, either the people he knows that know more about football know more than zero (i.e. not hard!), and are not proper football people with real knowledge (most people in the game that I've heard say anything about ITFC recently say that Mick has over achieved with the level of investment = squad at his disposal), so he needs to get out more and talk to people who really know and stop deluding himself. Or, IM and ME are publicly setting MM up as the scapegoat ready for relegation, rather than taking a long hard look at themselves... In either case it suggests Mick is off this summer.
Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 11:02 - Mar 20 with 664 viewsHerbivore

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 10:47 - Mar 20 by Josebadleg

The decent games don't outweigh the utter sh1te that was both Rotherham home games, Fulham and Derby this season and the fact no matter who we play, we always make them look like world beaters

I don't disagree that there's been lots of dross over the last 2 seasons. Of course there has. However, trying to claim that there have been no enjoyable matches at PR over the past 2 seasons is very silly. There have been good performances and results in amongst the dross. Not enough to keep MM in a job imo, but at the same time I don't really get the need that some people have to massively over-state things. You can keep balance and perspective whilst still thinking Mick should go.

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 11:18 - Mar 20 with 626 viewsJosebadleg

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 11:02 - Mar 20 by Herbivore

I don't disagree that there's been lots of dross over the last 2 seasons. Of course there has. However, trying to claim that there have been no enjoyable matches at PR over the past 2 seasons is very silly. There have been good performances and results in amongst the dross. Not enough to keep MM in a job imo, but at the same time I don't really get the need that some people have to massively over-state things. You can keep balance and perspective whilst still thinking Mick should go.

I think the enjoyable matches are in relation to how dull every other game is. Don't get me wrong I thought the second half of Barnsley (First Game Of Season) and February this year we were playing some of the better football I've seen this decade however most of the time it has just been the case of we will run harder and longer than you to beat you not we are going beat you because we are better footballers.

They say I have a short attenti.........
Poll: What are you looking for in the new manager

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 11:21 - Mar 20 with 619 viewsNo9

Do we think that MM has already decided he's leaving in the summer on 10:34 - Mar 20 by Reuser_is_God

Certainly is.

Can't agree with that Wenger has a proved record as one of the best managers in the game world wide.

MM's real claim to fame on the world stage is that he sent Roy Keane home from a WC
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024