Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading have bid £10M for...... 19:50 - Jul 26 with 13813 viewsBloots

.....Nahki Wells.

Football is dead.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 05:37 - Jul 27 with 3969 viewsgerard1947

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 20:24 - Jul 26 by Axeldalai_lama

Does make you wonder how many town fans genuinely would be happy for us to spend this type of money.
I can honestly say, hand on heart, I would be much more likely to walk away from town and football if we started bidding this type of money. Much more likely than all our seasons scrapping around in the championship.
Yes, Evans could/ should spend more.
A couple of million on promising youngsters, absolutely, premier league youngsters on loan, yep, frees and cheap punts, yes too. Might not be glamorous, but it feels right. 10 million for only a half decent player, no thanks.

Genuinely don't know if I'm in the minority on this, I guess so given some peoples posts, but I hope not. People like to bang on about losing our way from Robson and Ramsey and Burley, but clamouring to spend millions on average players, even if it is what many others are doing, is surely a million miles from "the Ipswich way".

You are spot on.

TV money and aspiring to get it have ruined football as we knew and loved it. I just wish I didn't care.
Reading have bid £10M for...... on 05:41 - Jul 27 with 3966 viewsBenters

Not dead,however 'plucky little Ipswich' has been left behind.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 05:44 - Jul 27 with 3964 viewsBenters

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 20:24 - Jul 26 by Axeldalai_lama

Does make you wonder how many town fans genuinely would be happy for us to spend this type of money.
I can honestly say, hand on heart, I would be much more likely to walk away from town and football if we started bidding this type of money. Much more likely than all our seasons scrapping around in the championship.
Yes, Evans could/ should spend more.
A couple of million on promising youngsters, absolutely, premier league youngsters on loan, yep, frees and cheap punts, yes too. Might not be glamorous, but it feels right. 10 million for only a half decent player, no thanks.

Genuinely don't know if I'm in the minority on this, I guess so given some peoples posts, but I hope not. People like to bang on about losing our way from Robson and Ramsey and Burley, but clamouring to spend millions on average players, even if it is what many others are doing, is surely a million miles from "the Ipswich way".

Yes that really worked last season didnt it!

Gentlybentley

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 05:46 - Jul 27 with 3960 viewsBenters

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 22:02 - Jul 26 by Jimmy86

Christ man, Town have held the moral high ground for long enough!!! We didn't get extra points for adhering to the farce that is FFP, when others blatantly flaunted it and didn't get punished. It is now par for the course. Strikers cost a large wedge of cash!! Even the better players in league 1 and 2 now cost fairly decent money. We have stood still for a long time. Just proves it, Evans has loosened the purse strings and 1 million is seen as a decent fee. Bristol paid 5 million and they finished lower than we did....

We have to spend now just to keep in this league .

Gentlybentley

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 05:48 - Jul 27 with 3960 viewsBenters

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 23:07 - Jul 26 by Mach_foreignBlue

Exactly this one.

Ipswich Town - the ambassadors of morality my arse ! People used FFP as an excuse for Evans whereas he has been disinterested for a long while.

As you have said even lower league strikers cost money that Evans isn't going to spend because he has no interest.

The current policy is going to take us nowhere and we'll never reduce our debt.

This .

One uppie awarded.

Gentlybentley

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 08:25 - Jul 27 with 3894 viewsBlueBadger

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 05:44 - Jul 27 by Benters

Yes that really worked last season didnt it!

Well, Derby won the division for the fourth year running....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 08:26 - Jul 27 with 3890 viewsPJH

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 08:25 - Jul 27 by BlueBadger

But last season was better because they won it in November.

edit-my mistake,that was the season before.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2017 8:28]
Reading have bid £10M for...... on 08:36 - Jul 27 with 3873 viewsAxeldalai_lama

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 01:42 - Jul 27 by Sarge

Take a zero off it then if you want. Everyone is spending crazy money, it doesn't affect us as fans as ticket prices have remained relatively stable so it's not 'real' money for us. Go down the old FIFA games route and call them credits if it helps.

And this doesn't conern you or make you care that bit less about football and town?

The fact that, as fans, we have absolutely no bearing on the finances of our club in any real sense, yet we can demand the owner spends tens of millions on average players.
The fact that if the owner puts "enough" money into a club he may as well let everyone in for free, yet, apparently, we can still demand style of play, money spent on players and quote things like "the Ipswich way", whilst campaigning for him to be "sacked".

Football is dying, and not even slowly.
Login to get fewer ads

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 08:37 - Jul 27 with 3870 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 08:25 - Jul 27 by BlueBadger

This kind of reminds me of the housing ladder. They must go down, they are too expensive and then....they don't. All talk of collapses won't happen, there is money and always will be due to the enourmous amounts in the PL (attracting foreign investors in to the second tier)which at worse will grow slowly. We have been left behind by a backward thinking board and owner and to be frank reading you lot backward thinking fans who seem to want their football club to act like their grandmothers with their savings. I want Evans to spend as much as he can to get us promoted. If he manages it he cleans up and so do we. If he doesn't it is his loss, owning a football club is a multi millionaires folly no different to my golf club membership. If he doesn't try then we will just end up relegated anyway after we fall that far behind. So get your wallet out Marcus and spend 50mill please.

P.s Oddly the proponents of frugality all seem to want Corbin in to borrow and spend money we don't have as taxpayers!

BOT

We haven't though..... on 08:52 - Jul 27 with 3858 viewsBloots

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 05:41 - Jul 27 by Benters

Not dead,however 'plucky little Ipswich' has been left behind.

....not yet.

There could be an argument that we will be one of the few clubs left standing if it all implodes.

Obviously we'll have nobody left to play, so it's all irrelevant really.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 09:20 - Jul 27 with 3826 viewsRimmersBrace

The interesting point which I keep trying to get over to people, is that every year we remain in this division, the club is worth more money. Just like property, the value is going only one way. What must ITFC be worth now? 30K ground, wide catchment, decent history. Forget any tangible assets (there are none) or our current form, just those basic brand building blocks are worth a fortune to someone who wants to invest in football.

This is why it is absolutely key that attendances are not ignored. They are more than just an income stream. They are stategicly vital. Like extras on a film set.
Reading have bid £10M for...... on 10:25 - Jul 27 with 3788 viewschicoazul

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 20:06 - Jul 26 by bournemouthblue

We have certainly missed the boat financially

This is now about par for a decent striker at this level

Nonsense.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 10:29 - Jul 27 with 3779 viewschicoazul

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 09:20 - Jul 27 by RimmersBrace

The interesting point which I keep trying to get over to people, is that every year we remain in this division, the club is worth more money. Just like property, the value is going only one way. What must ITFC be worth now? 30K ground, wide catchment, decent history. Forget any tangible assets (there are none) or our current form, just those basic brand building blocks are worth a fortune to someone who wants to invest in football.

This is why it is absolutely key that attendances are not ignored. They are more than just an income stream. They are stategicly vital. Like extras on a film set.

I too have thoughts this for a while now. I agree with all your points, plus the fact we are close to London helps. And cant Evans only sell for a certain amount?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 11:28 - Jul 27 with 3744 viewsSarge

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 08:36 - Jul 27 by Axeldalai_lama

And this doesn't conern you or make you care that bit less about football and town?

The fact that, as fans, we have absolutely no bearing on the finances of our club in any real sense, yet we can demand the owner spends tens of millions on average players.
The fact that if the owner puts "enough" money into a club he may as well let everyone in for free, yet, apparently, we can still demand style of play, money spent on players and quote things like "the Ipswich way", whilst campaigning for him to be "sacked".

Football is dying, and not even slowly.

I lost all interest in Town last season anyway.

I can't change it so little point worrying about it.
Reading have bid £10M for...... on 11:29 - Jul 27 with 3741 viewsLightningboy

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 20:59 - Jul 26 by Mark

The transfer fees are absolutely ridiculous, I just wish Ipswich would invest properly in young players so if they do well we could sell for these inflated fees, then reinvest part of it in more young players (alongside the academy). That is the Ipswich way.

Transfer fees and wages are disgusting - you've got fans scrimping and saving to go to matches/pay for tv subscriptions/buying merchandise,yet some of these clubs are just throwing money around (at some very average players) like it's monopoly money.

I get more satisfaction when we see our own kids getting into our team or picking up bargains like Creswell,Mings,Sears,Grant Ward etc etc.

Football is heading down the toilet - moneywise it's becoming a complete turn-off.
Reading have bid £10M for...... on 12:18 - Jul 27 with 3692 viewsFrimleyBlue

Players at step 6 asking for £150 a week....

10 years ago.. step 4 werent even paying out.

Football is dieing

3g is the only way to raise enough cash to function

. its sh it causes injuries but give it 10 years you wont see any grass pitches at non league level.

All because of 'the greatest league in the world'

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 13:06 - Jul 27 with 3635 viewsRudyard83

Reading have bid £10M for...... on 20:07 - Jul 26 by The_Romford_Blue

That doesn't make it right

Very true, and I apologise for the down-vote, I'm terrible at getting the right arrows with my thumb
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024