Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Connor Goldson on loan.... 14:32 - Aug 30 with 10432 viewsITFCBlues

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Connor Goldson on loan.... on 16:47 - Aug 30 with 2546 viewsElderGrizzly

Connor Goldson on loan.... on 16:45 - Aug 30 by PhilTWTD

Having been a regular in one of the best defences and teams in the division illustrates that he should certainly be capable of matching the players we already have.

Agree he's capable, but does it make sense to bench Webster for him if he is a short-term signing. Assuming Chambers starts when fit of course.
Connor Goldson on loan.... on 16:47 - Aug 30 with 2545 viewshype313

Connor Goldson on loan.... on 16:44 - Aug 30 by ITFCBlues

I think Mick was asked if clubs would be reluctant to loan us anyone as they'd not get a game when others are fit. He said why wouldn't they keep their place if they've played well?

Fair enough.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Connor Goldson on loan.... on 16:48 - Aug 30 with 2549 viewsPhilTWTD

Connor Goldson on loan.... on 16:45 - Aug 30 by ElderGrizzly

Season long loan or until January do you think?

Worrying bit in your story is they won't let him go until they replace him. This could be deadline day all over again with Washington

Probably January, I would guess. I think they're still talking to various parties still but Goldson seems the favourite and one they've evidently been targeting for a couple of weeks now.
That's remarkable logic.... on 16:48 - Aug 30 with 2542 viewsconnorscontract

That's remarkable logic.... on 16:20 - Aug 30 by ElderGrizzly

eh si a cukfngi tupmpe

naB ihm, liPh, eh stuj dsai "cukfngi"!
Connor Goldson on loan.... on 16:50 - Aug 30 with 2536 viewshype313

Connor Goldson on loan.... on 16:45 - Aug 30 by Harry_Palmer

He only made 5 league appearances last season (and 24 the season before ) so not sure how he could be considered one of the best?
[Post edited 30 Aug 2017 17:02]

Hmm good point, maybe others are looking at the previous seasons stats.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Connor Goldson on loan.... on 16:53 - Aug 30 with 2526 viewsFixed_It

Connor Goldson on loan.... on 15:21 - Aug 30 by hoofer

Tell you what just wait and see I'll be correct again.

So that's a 'no' then.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

That's remarkable logic.... on 16:56 - Aug 30 with 2510 viewsfactual_blue

That's remarkable logic.... on 16:48 - Aug 30 by connorscontract

sllab

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Connor Goldson on loan.... on 16:59 - Aug 30 with 2502 viewsmonty_radio

Connor Goldson on loan.... on 15:02 - Aug 30 by hoofer

If this is true I can see us sliding down the league.itwas obvious we need a decent centre back Saturday day I am sure the first goal would not of happened.

From where I was sitting (a few feet away) the ease with which Kenlock allowed his man to plant a cross meant it would have required a really switched on centre partnership to deny that free header.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

Connor Goldson on loan.... on 17:04 - Aug 30 with 2484 viewsHarry_Palmer

Connor Goldson on loan.... on 16:50 - Aug 30 by hype313

Hmm good point, maybe others are looking at the previous seasons stats.

24 league appearances in 2015/16 so still only half a season. The one before that he was at Shrewsbury.
That's remarkable logic.... on 17:07 - Aug 30 with 2470 viewshoofer

That's remarkable logic.... on 16:48 - Aug 30 by connorscontract

GÃ¥ deg selv
Very apt I would say.
That's remarkable logic.... on 17:09 - Aug 30 with 2464 viewshoofer

That's remarkable logic.... on 16:14 - Aug 30 by Bluebell

Is this one of those puzzles where you have to put the words in a sentence into the correct order?

Please explain tell me what you don't understand in that post? If you don't understand it your in the wrong place.
That's remarkable logic.... on 17:31 - Aug 30 with 2427 viewsElderGrizzly

That's remarkable logic.... on 17:09 - Aug 30 by hoofer

Please explain tell me what you don't understand in that post? If you don't understand it your in the wrong place.

From your posting history and previous username, i'd suggest you are in the wrong place hoofer.
Connor Goldson on loan.... on 17:35 - Aug 30 with 2420 viewsnshearman1

Connor Goldson on loan.... on 16:48 - Aug 30 by PhilTWTD

Probably January, I would guess. I think they're still talking to various parties still but Goldson seems the favourite and one they've evidently been targeting for a couple of weeks now.

So Phil is this part of a thought-through plan or are we scrabbling around desperately because the Hobbs/Olssen possibilities have fallen down?
Connor Goldson on loan.... on 17:39 - Aug 30 with 2406 viewsPhilTWTD

Connor Goldson on loan.... on 17:35 - Aug 30 by nshearman1

So Phil is this part of a thought-through plan or are we scrabbling around desperately because the Hobbs/Olssen possibilities have fallen down?

As I say, I'm not convinced Olsson was the Swedish target, and I first heard Goldson had been the subject of an approach a fortnight ago, before Hobbs and Olsson links emerged.
Connor Goldson on loan.... on 18:04 - Aug 30 with 2361 viewsPhilTWTD

Connor Goldson on loan.... on 16:47 - Aug 30 by ElderGrizzly

Agree he's capable, but does it make sense to bench Webster for him if he is a short-term signing. Assuming Chambers starts when fit of course.

I agree Webster needs a run of games rather than a spell on the bench, but at the same time if we've got a loan option who is playing better - which Goldson may well be by the time AW or either of the others are back to full fitness - then difficult to leave him out.
Connor Goldson on loan.... on 18:59 - Aug 30 with 2294 viewsbluesym

Connor Goldson on loan.... on 18:04 - Aug 30 by PhilTWTD

I agree Webster needs a run of games rather than a spell on the bench, but at the same time if we've got a loan option who is playing better - which Goldson may well be by the time AW or either of the others are back to full fitness - then difficult to leave him out.

Im guessing a CB is all town will be looking to bring in tommorow Phil?I did wonder if another winger may be a possibility at one point.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Connor Goldson on loan.... on 19:07 - Aug 30 with 2277 viewsPhilTWTD

Connor Goldson on loan.... on 18:59 - Aug 30 by bluesym

Im guessing a CB is all town will be looking to bring in tommorow Phil?I did wonder if another winger may be a possibility at one point.

I don't get the impression they're looking for anything else at the moment. They were looking at a winger - Harry Bunn was one target - until they brought in Waghorn, which I think they felt meant they had enough options wide.
Connor Goldson on loan.... on 19:26 - Aug 30 with 2252 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Pleased with this, I don't know much about him but have seen plenty of positive comments and reviews from people who have either said he was good at Brighton and/or at Shrewsbury.

He sounds like a good addition to me and someone who perhaps has something to prove following his lengthy lay off. He will hopefully feel that, without that set back, he would now be in contention for a Premier League slot in the Brighton team.

I'm hopeful that he doesn't view his move here as just a stop gap until AW, TS & LC are fit, which means he should hopefully be healthy competition and push them for the first team. Short term loan deal seems like a sensible option to see how we are in January for centre halves.
Connor Goldson on loan.... on 19:37 - Aug 30 with 2231 viewsBluesquid

Connor Goldson on loan.... on 15:19 - Aug 30 by Kieran_Knows

Question, have you seen Goldson play?

I asked you exactly the same question regarding Iorfa after you stated the following -

"Yes, Emmanuel needs regular games. At the moment, he isn't that good, whilst Spence and Iorfa are much better than him. A full season at Rotherham with 30+ games under his belt will do him (and us) the world of good. At the same time, we get a very good player in Iorfa, versatile, young and plenty of experience at this level."

You didn't reply.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024