Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) 09:02 - Oct 27 with 15721 viewshype313

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 10:12 - Oct 27 with 4154 viewssoupytwist

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 09:57 - Oct 27 by hype313

Some decent goals in there, he does seem to have a wand of a left foot, and quite strong given his size.

He looks quite slight. If he went somewhere like Man City and didn't grow any he'd be let go like the lad who scored for Arsenal in the week.
Stay here and he'll get in the team eventually, as long as he remains good.
Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 10:19 - Oct 27 with 4135 viewshype313

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 10:04 - Oct 27 by Steve_M

In amidst everything else from the AGM the idea of having a pathway for youngsters into the first team does shine out as one big positive. Yes, players have got to be strong enough to compete in this division but the progress of Downes, Nydam, Kenlock and Emmanuel over the last couple of seasons is obviously good for the club in more ways than the immediate impact on the pitch.

I'm sure the club view two pronged in a positive way, 1) They get good PR and grace from the fans for bringing youth through 2) If these kids can handle the Championship then it saves them spending money.

Or is that me being too cynical...

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 10:23 - Oct 27 with 4136 viewsPhilTWTD

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 10:09 - Oct 27 by itfcjoe

I think he struggled last season but is starting to kick on now and be more involved in the more senior squads there (U19s and U23s)

His brother Zach is still at ITFC and in the England U16 squad

Someone from the academy pointed out to me recently that he's the same year as Tristan Nydam. Which of the two has made the greater progress towards being a professional footballer? That is the advantage we have over clubs like Man City/Chelsea, for all the immediate money which might be forthcoming players can see the way into the first team.
Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 10:25 - Oct 27 with 4128 viewsFixed_It

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 10:23 - Oct 27 by PhilTWTD

Someone from the academy pointed out to me recently that he's the same year as Tristan Nydam. Which of the two has made the greater progress towards being a professional footballer? That is the advantage we have over clubs like Man City/Chelsea, for all the immediate money which might be forthcoming players can see the way into the first team.

Indeed which was the point that was made last night. I thought the bit about the Academy was particularly encouraging, and they spoke very eloquently and enthusiastically about it. First time I have heard Lee O'Neil speak - I was impressed.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2017 10:28]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 10:29 - Oct 27 with 4107 viewsitfcjoe

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 10:23 - Oct 27 by PhilTWTD

Would Charlie have made that same progress as Tristan has here though when he was a way behind the 2 Ben's who aren't knocking on the door yet

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 10:30 - Oct 27 with 4100 viewsPhilTWTD

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 10:25 - Oct 27 by Fixed_It

Indeed which was the point that was made last night. I thought the bit about the Academy was particularly encouraging, and they spoke very eloquently and enthusiastically about it. First time I have heard Lee O'Neil speak - I was impressed.

Yes, both Lee and Bryan always come across very well. There does seem to be a good crop coming through currently at U16 level. They seem to win every week at the moment.
Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 10:36 - Oct 27 with 4087 viewsPhilTWTD

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 10:29 - Oct 27 by itfcjoe

Would Charlie have made that same progress as Tristan has here though when he was a way behind the 2 Ben's who aren't knocking on the door yet

He was playing and scoring for the U23s before his departure - can't remember where everyone else was in their development at that point although Folami wouldn't have been here - and he'd only have been a schoolboy. Agree though, impossible to tell precisely how things might have progressed, but Tristan's progress shows how things might have gone for him here, whereas he's realistically years away from the first team at Chelsea, if he ever makes it there.
Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 10:38 - Oct 27 with 4077 viewschicoazul

I honestly dont know what I would do if my lad was at say Ipswich or Colchester or whatever and someone offered silly money to go to a big club. As Joe says you are talking about a contract that could set him up for life and i'd love a new Merc.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 10:41 - Oct 27 with 4062 viewshype313

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 10:38 - Oct 27 by chicoazul

I honestly dont know what I would do if my lad was at say Ipswich or Colchester or whatever and someone offered silly money to go to a big club. As Joe says you are talking about a contract that could set him up for life and i'd love a new Merc.

It's actually quite an awful decision, do you say to your son stay here for professional development or to take the £1m signing on fee and £20k a week for the next 4 years, especially at an age where you still might not make it or Injuries.

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 10:46 - Oct 27 with 4037 viewschicoazul

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 10:41 - Oct 27 by hype313

It's actually quite an awful decision, do you say to your son stay here for professional development or to take the £1m signing on fee and £20k a week for the next 4 years, especially at an age where you still might not make it or Injuries.

I like to think I would say "no stay at your current club" but life is only getting harder and harder for young people in this country. Many of them can only dream of doing things like buying a house getting married saving/investing money and having a family now never mind in 10 years when I confidently predict the country will be in a far worse state socially and economically than it is even now.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 10:54 - Oct 27 with 4026 viewshype313

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 10:46 - Oct 27 by chicoazul

I like to think I would say "no stay at your current club" but life is only getting harder and harder for young people in this country. Many of them can only dream of doing things like buying a house getting married saving/investing money and having a family now never mind in 10 years when I confidently predict the country will be in a far worse state socially and economically than it is even now.

Fact is, if they can be mortgage free by their 21st birthday, at least if they don't make it they have enough in the bank to re-train and not have to worry financially, if they do make it then obviously that would make the decision redundant.

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 11:07 - Oct 27 with 3999 viewsHeathlander

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 09:28 - Oct 27 by itfcjoe

Ben Knight - remember the name

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/11/29/manchester-city-hoping-sign-ipswi
Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 12:55 - Oct 27 with 3899 viewstextbackup

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 09:28 - Oct 27 by itfcjoe

Ben Knight - remember the name

K Dyer says he's one of best little players, if not best, he's ever seen

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 12:58 - Oct 27 with 3895 viewsitfcjoe

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 12:55 - Oct 27 by textbackup

K Dyer says he's one of best little players, if not best, he's ever seen

For Bryan Klug to say he is best he's worked with is massive

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 12:59 - Oct 27 with 3888 viewsmmclacton

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 12:58 - Oct 27 by itfcjoe

seems gr8! hopefully he will be great
Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 13:00 - Oct 27 with 3884 viewshype313

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 12:58 - Oct 27 by itfcjoe

Has he done any training with the first team Joe?

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 13:05 - Oct 27 with 3877 viewsLesta_Tractor

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 10:25 - Oct 27 by Fixed_It

I'm impressed that Lee O'Neill is still working, the club website has his date of birth down as 01/01/0001.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 13:13 - Oct 27 with 3849 viewstextbackup

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 13:00 - Oct 27 by hype313

Has he done any training with the first team Joe?

If he has I hope he has chambers one side and smith the other pudding players away from not letting him get kicked or hurt!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 13:17 - Oct 27 with 3838 viewsBrixtonBlue

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 10:30 - Oct 27 by PhilTWTD

Yes, both Lee and Bryan always come across very well. There does seem to be a good crop coming through currently at U16 level. They seem to win every week at the moment.

Even more reason we need a first team manager that plays the game the way the kids are being brought up.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 13:40 - Oct 27 with 3810 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 09:59 - Oct 27 by hype313

I know money talks but why any lad would go to any of the top 6 for professional reasons is beyond me, countless players have wasted years trying to break through without any success.

Hopefully he will note that and see that he has a path here, if after a season or two he flourishes and somebody offers £10-15m then fair enough.

Indeed. McCarthey will already be thinking “A wand of a left foot?... just think of all the hoofs out of defence he could do with that. I’ll play him at centre half”.
Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 13:41 - Oct 27 with 3807 viewsSpruceMoose

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 13:40 - Oct 27 by FrowsyArmLarry

Indeed. McCarthey will already be thinking “A wand of a left foot?... just think of all the hoofs out of defence he could do with that. I’ll play him at centre half”.

Punting is an under rated technical ability. Why do you think both FIFA and Football Manager include it as a stat in their games?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 14:39 - Oct 27 with 3743 viewsPhilTWTD

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 10:05 - Oct 27 by itfcjoe

Presumably so - but everyone is aware of him in the game, like they always were with Andre

Indeed, not much chance of players flying under radars these days. When that Man City story appeared people I spoke to at the academy were surprised it was them who had been mentioned rather than other similarly-sized clubs.
Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 14:51 - Oct 27 with 3721 viewsClausThomsen

Did he say it because he meant it though? Or was he just using gamesmanship?

lol
Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 14:52 - Oct 27 with 3715 viewshoppy

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 14:39 - Oct 27 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, not much chance of players flying under radars these days. When that Man City story appeared people I spoke to at the academy were surprised it was them who had been mentioned rather than other similarly-sized clubs.

Which is why I thought it was probably the Mark Kennedy connection?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 15:05 - Oct 27 with 3700 viewsPhilTWTD

Who's the U16 lad Klug says is the best he has ever worked with? (n/t) on 14:52 - Oct 27 by hoppy

Which is why I thought it was probably the Mark Kennedy connection?

I made a similar link at the time of the story.

Manchester City Linked With Move for Town Academy Schoolboy 29th Nov 2016 14:40
Manchester City are reported to be targeting highly-rated Town academy schoolboy Ben Knight. 21

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024