Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crypto Currency 11:15 - Dec 30 with 10659 viewsCurrie10

Morning all,

Nice boring subject this - was with a couple of friends last night discussing this. One of the two has money in perhaps 4-7 different ones of these - I don't really know the first thing about it as not yet researched at all however he seemed of the opinion it's a potential gold mine / worth getting into for some £££ before the bubble goes.... BOOM.

Any of you into it / have any positive or negative experiences?
Crypto Currency on 11:59 - Dec 30 with 7326 viewsBlueorder

Very high risk, so be prepared to lose your entire investment. I have yet to work out how to convert Bitcoins into 'proper' money.
No doubt some people will become very rich at some point as a result of their investment. I suspect that most will not.
Try googling the the person behind the Bitcoin revolution.
Crypto Currency on 12:04 - Dec 30 with 7316 viewsWonky

People have asked me about it, to join them investing. No chance.

When every man and his dog start talking about it (or investing in it), that means the bubble is ready to burst, it's not far off.

And it IS a bubble, their always the same with the media and everyone investing telling you that actually this time it's different it's not a bubble, it will keep going up.

It can't and it won't.

[Post edited 30 Dec 2017 12:05]
Crypto Currency on 12:07 - Dec 30 with 7307 viewsfactual_blue

Crypto Currency on 11:59 - Dec 30 by Blueorder

Very high risk, so be prepared to lose your entire investment. I have yet to work out how to convert Bitcoins into 'proper' money.
No doubt some people will become very rich at some point as a result of their investment. I suspect that most will not.
Try googling the the person behind the Bitcoin revolution.

Also Google South Sea Bubble

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Crypto Currency on 12:08 - Dec 30 with 7299 viewsWonky

Crypto Currency on 12:07 - Dec 30 by factual_blue

Also Google South Sea Bubble

And Dutch Tulip bubble as well.
Crypto Currency on 12:09 - Dec 30 with 7294 viewslowhouseblue

golden investment rule - if it's discussed on a football forum, avoid it.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Crypto Currency on 12:16 - Dec 30 with 7279 viewsJ2BLUE

Posting it on here has got to be the modern equivalent of the shoeshine boys/stocks story?

How exactly do you time when to get out before the bubble bursts? It's incredibly dangerous. If you want a high risk, high reward bet then go for it but I don't think you can call it investing. You'd be gambling.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Crypto Currency on 12:17 - Dec 30 with 7276 viewsThrobbe

Crypto Currency on 12:04 - Dec 30 by Wonky

People have asked me about it, to join them investing. No chance.

When every man and his dog start talking about it (or investing in it), that means the bubble is ready to burst, it's not far off.

And it IS a bubble, their always the same with the media and everyone investing telling you that actually this time it's different it's not a bubble, it will keep going up.

It can't and it won't.

[Post edited 30 Dec 2017 12:05]

I'm of the same mind.

I do have a friend that started mining Bitcoin several years ago. I imagine he's made quite a bit. I wish him well, but have to be honest and say he's lost money on numerous other get rich quick ventures like buying up cherished number plates.

Fluctuations are huge, and my own view is that if you're the right combination of brave, clever and lucky there's money to be made still, but if you're going to get involved treat it as any other gamble, only invest what you can afford to lose.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

Crypto Currency on 12:24 - Dec 30 with 7261 viewsbournemouthblue

Ripple is the one at the moment

It's a bit different to the others because it isn't an out and out cryptocurrency

It's a payment system which uses blockchain technology. A few banks are starting adopt it over Swift pay.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2017 12:25]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

Crypto Currency on 12:26 - Dec 30 with 7249 viewsdee_bo

Only invest what you are prepared to lose firstly.
If you make profit make sure you take out your initial investment that way you’re playing for free.
If you would have asked a few days ago ripple would have been a great bet, BAT and POWR could make good rises soon.

One problem you might find right now is the main exchanges aren’t accepting new members. To many new members.

Join some Facebook groups etc learn what others are doing PM me if you want to know some good ones. I’m now getting back into it as bought LTC like 5 years ago which have gone up quite nicely.

They’ve been saying BTC is going to crash since 2010 and it’s still going, so who knows!
Crypto Currency on 13:44 - Dec 30 with 7152 viewsjeera

Crypto Currency on 12:08 - Dec 30 by Wonky

And Dutch Tulip bubble as well.

And Hubble Bubble.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Crypto Currency on 15:56 - Dec 30 with 7040 viewsITFCson

I invested back in May. It may be a bubble but if it is it won’t pop for a long time. Many of the top crypto’s went up 50x just in 2017 alone. 2018 will be a big year for crypto. Yes you could lose, but you could also multiply your investment by 10x or more.
Always do your research and only invest what your willing to lose. But in my opinion there is still a great opportunity, if you invest now you will still be in the minority and that’s a good thing.
Crypto Currency on 17:26 - Dec 30 with 6983 viewslloydy84

Crypto Currency on 15:56 - Dec 30 by ITFCson

I invested back in May. It may be a bubble but if it is it won’t pop for a long time. Many of the top crypto’s went up 50x just in 2017 alone. 2018 will be a big year for crypto. Yes you could lose, but you could also multiply your investment by 10x or more.
Always do your research and only invest what your willing to lose. But in my opinion there is still a great opportunity, if you invest now you will still be in the minority and that’s a good thing.

Friend of mine started investing in ethereum in January, did give me cautious advice to join him in the ride. Girlfriend wanted to invest £5k she was so convinced. I said no, we are saving for a house and cant risk it.

He is 18k in at an average of 25 dollars, so currently worth something close to £400'000
Crypto Currency on 17:36 - Dec 30 with 6968 viewsITFCson

Crypto Currency on 17:26 - Dec 30 by lloydy84

Friend of mine started investing in ethereum in January, did give me cautious advice to join him in the ride. Girlfriend wanted to invest £5k she was so convinced. I said no, we are saving for a house and cant risk it.

He is 18k in at an average of 25 dollars, so currently worth something close to £400'000

Sounds like you have a smart girlfriend. Took a lot of convincing to be mine to finally invest.
If she wanted to invest 5k maybe you should of compromised and invested a smaller amount. The good thing is though is it’s not too late to invest now.
Crypto Currency on 18:04 - Dec 30 with 6954 viewsTractorWood

I dabble. It's high risk and really volatile but I have some understanding of what it is from work. If you're a punter without research or a strategy looking for get rich quick, it's not the one.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Crypto Currency on 18:27 - Dec 30 with 6928 viewsITFCson

Crypto Currency on 18:04 - Dec 30 by TractorWood

I dabble. It's high risk and really volatile but I have some understanding of what it is from work. If you're a punter without research or a strategy looking for get rich quick, it's not the one.

I have some understanding, however I’m also a punter. If I didn’t have any understanding I’d still be investing. In fact when I bought my first coins I had barely any understanding. But had I waited until I had a better understanding until I bought I’d of lost out on thousands.
At a guess more people currently invested don’t understand crypto than do, and of those people nearly all will be showing a healthy profit.
An exit strategy is key though.
Crypto Currency on 18:36 - Dec 30 with 6918 viewsTractorWood

Crypto Currency on 18:27 - Dec 30 by ITFCson

I have some understanding, however I’m also a punter. If I didn’t have any understanding I’d still be investing. In fact when I bought my first coins I had barely any understanding. But had I waited until I had a better understanding until I bought I’d of lost out on thousands.
At a guess more people currently invested don’t understand crypto than do, and of those people nearly all will be showing a healthy profit.
An exit strategy is key though.

Yeah the goings been good as you say but investing now is dangerous and profit is only really that when it's recognised.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2017 18:40]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Crypto Currency on 20:54 - Dec 30 with 6860 viewsDeano69

I have a new round of investment opportunities in my treacle mine. PM if interested.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Crypto Currency on 22:39 - Dec 30 with 6827 viewsconnorscontract

Crypto Currency on 17:26 - Dec 30 by lloydy84

Then he should not be greedy, not mistake his lucky timing for any kind of skill or knowledge on his part, and take what is a life-changing profit.

Or is he more in it for the buzz? In which case he is doomed to lose it eventually, either on this or another gamble.

Fact: Bitcoin is unregulated.

Fact: there have been thefts from Bitcoin exchanges, and from individuals wallets.

Fact: if you make gains from Bitcoin etc you need to pay Capital Gains Tax on it (if UK resident, other countries' rules may vary). If you don't, and you are caught out, you will be prosecuted.

Fact: Bitcoin etc are attracting the attention of law enforcement and tax authorities now.

If you don't understand the implications of any of those facts then you shouldn't invest/gamble in Bitcoin. It might go up 1000% next year. It might completely break. Nobody knows.
Crypto Currency on 20:35 - Jan 3 with 6664 viewsbournemouthblue

Crypto Currency on 22:39 - Dec 30 by connorscontract

Then he should not be greedy, not mistake his lucky timing for any kind of skill or knowledge on his part, and take what is a life-changing profit.

Or is he more in it for the buzz? In which case he is doomed to lose it eventually, either on this or another gamble.

Fact: Bitcoin is unregulated.

Fact: there have been thefts from Bitcoin exchanges, and from individuals wallets.

Fact: if you make gains from Bitcoin etc you need to pay Capital Gains Tax on it (if UK resident, other countries' rules may vary). If you don't, and you are caught out, you will be prosecuted.

Fact: Bitcoin etc are attracting the attention of law enforcement and tax authorities now.

If you don't understand the implications of any of those facts then you shouldn't invest/gamble in Bitcoin. It might go up 1000% next year. It might completely break. Nobody knows.

That sounds the text straight out of one of those sponsored Facebook Ads

Whilst Bitcoin is the current one. It maybe overtaken in the future. Ripple seems to be the one on the rise at the moment, now second in market share I believe?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Crypto Currency on 21:07 - Jan 3 with 6625 viewsTIB

It’s riskier than one of my Costa Rican U21 Womans Second Division football tips.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Crypto Currency on 21:20 - Jan 3 with 6607 viewsAnthony_Carmichael

I bought £200 worth of Verge coins in august. Cashed them in just before Xmas for 7k. It had to be done as I needed the money but needs must. I expect that had I left them for longer they would have made me a lot more money as the price is rising by the day. One day I magine I will regret the decision to cash them in
Crypto Currency on 21:35 - Jan 3 with 6593 viewsBrixtonBlue

Crypto Currency on 13:44 - Dec 30 by jeera

And Hubble Bubble.

And Matey Bubble Bath.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Crypto Currency on 21:40 - Jan 3 with 6584 viewsblue_oyster

It's currently a bit of betting fun, but it's got the potential to replace the banking system, which would be a disaster for humanity.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Crypto Currency on 22:19 - Jan 3 with 6538 viewsdee_bo

Crypto Currency on 20:35 - Jan 3 by bournemouthblue

Whilst Bitcoin is the current one. It maybe overtaken in the future. Ripple seems to be the one on the rise at the moment, now second in market share I believe?

Lump on BAT and watch it rocket! Should do the same as ripple!
Make sure you hodl ;-)
Crypto Currency on 08:44 - Jan 4 with 6425 viewsStokieBlue

Crypto Currency on 20:35 - Jan 3 by bournemouthblue

Ripple is pre-mined and released monthly by the company that created it. Very different to bitcoin.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024