Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees 19:45 - Jan 15 with 11697 viewsElderGrizzly

Pritchard gone for upto £14m and replaced with a loan for 5 months. Will be the way of a lot of clubs in the division this season, not just us.

[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 19:46]
Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 19:46 - Jan 15 with 8267 viewsSteve_M

He's looking delighted to be there. Has he just caught a glimpse of some locals?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 19:48 - Jan 15 with 8245 viewsJ2BLUE

Who?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 19:52 - Jan 15 with 8208 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Christ he’s 6 months younger than me

How good can he be

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 19:53 - Jan 15 with 8199 viewschicoazul

Imagine selling your best players and not using the money generated to replace them? What a crazy thing to do.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 19:54 - Jan 15 with 8194 viewsElderGrizzly

Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 19:52 - Jan 15 by The_Romford_Blue

Christ he’s 6 months younger than me

How good can he be

Their more positive fans are saying they once had Harry Kane on loan, so it might not be that bad!

Can’t believe they’d have a 14 year old either :)
Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 19:55 - Jan 15 with 8171 viewsElderGrizzly

Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 19:48 - Jan 15 by J2BLUE

Who?

Norwich City. Small village in Norfolk
Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 19:55 - Jan 15 with 8167 viewsBluefish

He is very very good. Must have cost a few quid and they have no chance of keeping him so good to see they are wasting their money

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 20:01 - Jan 15 with 8120 viewsWD19

Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 19:54 - Jan 15 by ElderGrizzly

Their more positive fans are saying they once had Harry Kane on loan, so it might not be that bad!

Can’t believe they’d have a 14 year old either :)

Hopefully he is as good as Harry Kane.....

And also makes 3 appearances for them, scoring no goals.

(....The only team in his life for whom he has played and not notched btw.....)
Login to get fewer ads

Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 20:20 - Jan 15 with 8002 viewsfactual_blue

I will try and manage my disappointment at tbe news of norwich's plight.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 20:23 - Jan 15 with 7998 viewsJakeITFC

The flip side is that they’ve cheaply signed a very talented player and are keeping their powder dry for a less mental window.

It’s obviously great to laugh at them losing their parachute payments but they’ll still be left with a talented Championship squad and more money than us.
Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 20:23 - Jan 15 with 7992 viewsdavblue

He's very, very highly thought of at Spurs, he's thought of as a started in their first team in the next few years.
Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 20:32 - Jan 15 with 7937 viewsIllinoisblue

Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 20:23 - Jan 15 by JakeITFC

The flip side is that they’ve cheaply signed a very talented player and are keeping their powder dry for a less mental window.

It’s obviously great to laugh at them losing their parachute payments but they’ll still be left with a talented Championship squad and more money than us.

So long as Naismith and Jarvis there to drain the canary coffers I think you’ll find they’ll be in a very bad way financially

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 21:02 - Jan 15 with 7752 viewsGeoffSentence

Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 20:32 - Jan 15 by Illinoisblue

So long as Naismith and Jarvis there to drain the canary coffers I think you’ll find they’ll be in a very bad way financially

Even if they get rid of all the high earners and end up with a wage budget like ours, where will Delia find the millions needed to keep a championship club ticking over year after year?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 21:34 - Jan 15 with 7589 viewsJakeITFC

Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 21:02 - Jan 15 by GeoffSentence

Even if they get rid of all the high earners and end up with a wage budget like ours, where will Delia find the millions needed to keep a championship club ticking over year after year?

Well the Pritchard fee has given them more than two years worth of Evans investment.
Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 21:37 - Jan 15 with 7562 viewsGeoffSentence

Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 21:34 - Jan 15 by JakeITFC

Well the Pritchard fee has given them more than two years worth of Evans investment.

Unless they are already at championship level of wages then a good chunk of it will go into the wage budget and will not be available as an 'Evans Investment'. That said I think you are right, player sales will keep them afloat for a while.

Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 21:41 - Jan 15 with 7533 viewsJakeITFC

Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 21:37 - Jan 15 by GeoffSentence

Unless they are already at championship level of wages then a good chunk of it will go into the wage budget and will not be available as an 'Evans Investment'. That said I think you are right, player sales will keep them afloat for a while.

They have an obvious wage bill problem but they have saleable assets and tbf to their expensive players they should be good enough for a club to take most of the burden.

They’ll have to cut their cloth accordingly in the summer and going forward, but I just can’t behind the idea that they’ll be potless and player-less.
Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 21:48 - Jan 15 with 7504 viewsGeoffSentence

Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 21:41 - Jan 15 by JakeITFC

They have an obvious wage bill problem but they have saleable assets and tbf to their expensive players they should be good enough for a club to take most of the burden.

They’ll have to cut their cloth accordingly in the summer and going forward, but I just can’t behind the idea that they’ll be potless and player-less.

I can. Player sales will get them going for a bit, but Delia and Michael don't have deep pockets, not deep enough for today's football finances, they need to either get back in the premier league or find new investment pretty quickly.

Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 21:49 - Jan 15 with 7494 viewsElderGrizzly

Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 21:34 - Jan 15 by JakeITFC

Not really. Their wage bill at the end of June was £55m and it is reported to be about £40m now.

Their income will drop to about £25m after this season, so hope they have put a few pennies away as they don’t have a backer like Evans, as bad as he may be.

They only survive by selling or getting back up
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 21:52]
Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 21:51 - Jan 15 with 7476 viewsElderGrizzly

Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 21:41 - Jan 15 by JakeITFC

No-one has said they are potless and playerless?

Their better players will need to be sold and that will undermine their ‘project’ with Farke for the forseeable.

My point was selling permanent players and replacing with young and inexperienced players on 5 month deals isn’t sustainable. As we know...
Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 21:52 - Jan 15 with 7468 viewsIllinoisblue

Naismith and Jarvis are injury prone hasbeens, can’t see many clubs lining up to take them on.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 21:53 - Jan 15 with 7461 viewsElderGrizzly

Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 21:52 - Jan 15 by Illinoisblue

Naismith and Jarvis are injury prone hasbeens, can’t see many clubs lining up to take them on.

Rangers want Naismith, but he is paid £45k a week. They can afford about 25% of that and he won’t budge without full wages paid apparently.

They tweeted last week to put pressure on him to leave
Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 22:30 - Jan 15 with 7322 viewsFreddies_Ears

Oh poo. That lad is absolute class. Pochettino has described him as "my new Messi". Not sure if he has ever played a first-team game for Tottenham but he has been tearing it up at all yoof levels.
Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 22:31 - Jan 15 with 7303 viewsFreddies_Ears

No it hasn't - it has just filled a tiny bit of their financial hole.
Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 22:44 - Jan 15 with 7231 viewsJakeITFC

Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 21:49 - Jan 15 by ElderGrizzly

Not really. Their wage bill at the end of June was £55m and it is reported to be about £40m now.

Their income will drop to about £25m after this season, so hope they have put a few pennies away as they don’t have a backer like Evans, as bad as he may be.

They only survive by selling or getting back up
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 21:52]

Irrelevant to my point.
Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 22:46 - Jan 15 with 7219 viewsJakeITFC

Norwich selling key players and replacing with ‘untested’ loanees on 21:48 - Jan 15 by GeoffSentence

I can. Player sales will get them going for a bit, but Delia and Michael don't have deep pockets, not deep enough for today's football finances, they need to either get back in the premier league or find new investment pretty quickly.

They should have enough steam to have another crack or two at it though, you’d think.

Don’t get me wrong, I hope you are all right - just people in glass houses and all that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024