Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? 11:27 - Jan 22 with 6152 viewsFrimleyBlue

There is an obvious answer to this. BUT would be interesting to see if 'dayout' meet up with mates etc comes into the fold.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 11:28 - Jan 22 with 4167 viewsartsbossbeard

If it doesn't, you're doing football wrong.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 11:34 - Jan 22 with 4139 viewsBrixtonBlue

Absolutely. No way would I have trekked all the way up to Bolton to watch the match without mates/beer being involved.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 11:36 - Jan 22 with 4123 viewsbluebare

the hope that it will be our day or season. Also meeting up with mates beer and the craic.
but what we are getting for my 10hr round trip is feeling less appealing for the next season ticket
Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 11:38 - Jan 22 with 4111 viewsHerbivore

I enjoy supporting Town.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 11:43 - Jan 22 with 4085 viewsStenvict

It's been so long since I missed a game, I'm worried I might miss the greatest game ever. For example, I remember feeling gutted when Chopra scored the last minute winner away to Bolton a few years ago because I couldn't make it to the game. No matter who the manager is, or what league we are in, I will always follow the Town. Also, I do enjoy travelling all over the country, I'd probably become a bit of a recluse if I didn't, as a lot of my mates are either under the thumb or play rugby on a Saturday.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 11:57 - Jan 22 with 4054 viewsBrianTablet

The hope that one day it will be better, and that my daughter will stay interested and one day experience the 'football feeling' that I remember.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 12:16 - Jan 22 with 4007 viewshoppy

“Follow the Town, up or down...”

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 12:22 - Jan 22 with 3993 viewsuncle

A life long addiction, my son enjoys the whole football experience, and I like spending a day out just me and my son.

A those moments, like Celinas goal, make it (if not worthwhile) memorable.
Login to get fewer ads

Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 12:23 - Jan 22 with 3994 viewsSteve_M

Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 11:28 - Jan 22 by artsbossbeard

If it doesn't, you're doing football wrong.

Well, quite.

But also that, by virtue of being a midtable team with some good second tier players, that sometimes the actual football is entertaining. This season at Portman Road I would say that that has been the case more often than not (in contrast to the previous two seasons when it was definitely the other way round).
[Post edited 22 Jan 2018 13:11]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 12:25 - Jan 22 with 3985 viewsJakeITFC

I just like watching football tbh.
Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 12:28 - Jan 22 with 3965 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 12:25 - Jan 22 by JakeITFC

I just like watching football tbh.

...So why do you keep going to watch Town?
Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 12:37 - Jan 22 with 3941 viewsSitfcB

I just love ITFC, a bit too much for my own good, it's always hard to explain to someone who's a non football fan and doesnt understand.

I go to every game expecting us to win, forever the optimist, wether that be against Man City or Salford City.

I've been waiting 16/17 years for a decent season, we had one the other year when we got to the play-offs but we just fell short. You never know when it might just be 'our turn'.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2018 12:42]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 12:41 - Jan 22 with 3917 viewsCurrie10

Follow the town, UP, or DOWN would come to mind for me.

Yes, I'm not happy at the minute with all things I T F C - however, wasn't under Jewell and certainly not under Royston Keane. Doesn't make me less likely to go.

You don't deserve the highs if you cannot tolerate the lows.

You don't deserve Watford away scenes if you pile out the ground on 77.
Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 12:43 - Jan 22 with 3904 viewsisitinthemiddle

I would struggle if i was going just for the 90 mins.

I have some awesome friends i only really see at football. Each game is a day out.
Beccles is a fairly long way which makes it a long day out so we make the most of it. The train ride is like the first pub. Lowestoft mate supplies the beer... Meetup with some lads from Ipswich. We always do a pub crawl.

I sit in an office all day. I'm a fairly hypo as an individual so i do need to shout and swear just to relieve myself. Sad i know, but it's better doing it a football than on a street corner or having to take drugs to get my kick.

I know we are S**t and accept it, but when we score i go absolutely mental. Usually end up in a different row. Lads all sit with me. We chuck each other around. Also became really good friends with the people who sit around me.

will never stop going...
Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 12:46 - Jan 22 with 3893 viewsFtnfwest

though i'm not happy with the current regime i haven't stopped going any less. But then i haven't been a ST holder for many years and even then only briefly. Ftnf Jnr almost sees it as his duty to follow the town as well, no hanging onto one of the top 4, 5 or 6 for him. Like others have said its in the hope that things will eventually improve and something will be achieved. The fact that they are so rare is why the memories of the 70's and early 80's are so revered - not sure united/arsenal fans winning their 58th fa cup will remember it 5 years afterwards
Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 12:47 - Jan 22 with 3883 viewsFtnfwest

Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 12:41 - Jan 22 by Currie10

Follow the town, UP, or DOWN would come to mind for me.

Yes, I'm not happy at the minute with all things I T F C - however, wasn't under Jewell and certainly not under Royston Keane. Doesn't make me less likely to go.

You don't deserve the highs if you cannot tolerate the lows.

You don't deserve Watford away scenes if you pile out the ground on 77.

damn right, never leave before the end (5-0 down with a minute left at the other end of the country maybe - even then not at home)
Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 12:47 - Jan 22 with 3888 viewsGuthrum

Yes, very much so. The social aspect is a big part of it for me.

I'm not a huge fan of football per se (e.g. I would not bother watching "El Classico" unless it happened to already be on and I had absolutely nothing else to do), but have an emotional connection to Ipswich Town specifically (family links, grew up in Suffolk, 1978) and thus a more than passing interest in the rest of the Championship and surrounding divisions.

So a competition in which ITFC is involved is enough to get me along, with meeting friends a major bonus on top of that (prompts me to attend many more games than I might otherwise do).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 12:54 - Jan 22 with 3855 viewsBenters2

Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 11:34 - Jan 22 by BrixtonBlue

Absolutely. No way would I have trekked all the way up to Bolton to watch the match without mates/beer being involved.

Did you pull?
Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 12:56 - Jan 22 with 3850 viewsBrixtonBlue

Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 12:54 - Jan 22 by Benters2

Did you pull?

Strange question.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 13:07 - Jan 22 with 3813 viewsBenters2

Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 12:56 - Jan 22 by BrixtonBlue

Strange question.

I thought you were staying in Bolton Saturday night?

Those Northern birds aint fussy ba.
Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 13:11 - Jan 22 with 3792 viewsBrixtonBlue

Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 13:07 - Jan 22 by Benters2

I thought you were staying in Bolton Saturday night?

Those Northern birds aint fussy ba.

I was staying in Clithero and I am fussy!

Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 13:12 - Jan 22 with 3782 viewsBenters2

Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 13:11 - Jan 22 by BrixtonBlue

I was staying in Clithero and I am fussy!

Fair enough.
Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 13:15 - Jan 22 with 3773 viewsGuthrum

Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 12:47 - Jan 22 by Ftnfwest

damn right, never leave before the end (5-0 down with a minute left at the other end of the country maybe - even then not at home)

I wouldn't, not even when 6 - 0 down at Leicester!

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 13:18 - Jan 22 with 3764 viewsStenvict

Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 12:47 - Jan 22 by Ftnfwest

I left Blackpool at 5-0 and missed the 6th goal to to get the earlier train back from Preston to Euston, which was actually cancelled in the end, so I got the train I was gonna get anyway.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Serious Question...... What keeps you going to games? on 13:23 - Jan 22 with 3750 viewslowhouseblue

there are lots of other things i could do on a saturday afternoon, and at about 1.30pm i find myself thinking 'can I really be bothered?'. but actually this season after the games I've generally been pleased i did bother. so football is still winning against lethargy, but it's a lot tighter than it used to be.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024