Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary 07:43 - Jan 23 with 30147 viewsGlasgowBlue

Will support him in his bid to get savings from the EU contributions to be spent on the NHS once we leave?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/boris-johnson-demands-5bn-extra-for-nhs-hsg0c
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 7:43]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 10:24 - Jan 23 with 4730 viewsGuthrum

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 10:16 - Jan 23 by chicoazul

Michael Gove seems to be.....good? In many ways.

In this instance, he seems to have knuckled down, yes. Credit should be given for that. Still not a fan of his performance in Education, or his Brexiteer bid for power, tho.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 10:26 - Jan 23 with 4724 viewssolemio

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:27 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

I don’t believe in God.

I take it that you are happy that the NHS will receive more funding when we leave the EU but are left speechless by your joy?

She doesn't believe in you either.
I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 10:28 - Jan 23 with 4719 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 10:23 - Jan 23 by artsbossbeard

With decent access to the A14 & A12, which means that I'm 30 mins from the coast, an hour from Stratford and an hour from Cambridge.

Back of the net.

Where's my hospital?

On top of your tower block where your roof garden used to be ;-)

Iron Lion Zion

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 10:28 - Jan 23 with 4714 viewsLord_Lucan

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 10:23 - Jan 23 by artsbossbeard

With decent access to the A14 & A12, which means that I'm 30 mins from the coast, an hour from Stratford and an hour from Cambridge.

Back of the net.

Where's my hospital?

You'll have to use the one at the back of my house.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 10:30 - Jan 23 with 4707 viewsgiant_stow

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 10:16 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

Christ this is hard work.

The deal is wrong. I object both to bringing the DUP in as a silent partner in government on moral grounds due to their former support of sectarian terrorism. I object to spending money in NI to enable that deal on the grounds that, as I said in a previous thread, it isn't new money. It will come from projects that were earmarked for England, Scotland and Wales. A school here or a road there that we will lose and NI will gain.

So for the benefit of the hard of understanding I am not defending the deal. I am apaaled by the deal.

Now when we were discussing this in the last thread some months ago No 9 was saying them Money was going to the DUP. It isn't. It's being spent on health, mental health and areas of deprivation in NI amongst other things. That is pointing out facts. Not defending the deal.

When I explained the context of it being small potatoes in the context of it being £1billion over five years in an anulal budget of £750 billion a year (£3750billion over 5 years plus a bit more as we increase spending each year) it was in reply to a comment made about Labour's unfunded spending commitments of £339billion. When I pointed out this someone said "well you can find a billion for the DUP" . In that context then it is very small potatoes. That isn't a defence of the deal.

Do you accept that I am not defending the deal.

You still haven't demonstrated any hypocrisy in what I said in the op about the money Boris is suggesting only going to NHS spending England. Care to do this. Do you accept that Scotland, Wales and NI have a devolved health service and it would be wrong of Boris to sugest we spend the entire saving on NHS England with the rest of the devolved powers getting sweet FA? Surely these devolved govts should have the final say on where their portion of the EU budget savings are spent?

Yes, it is very hard work and I regret getting involved in this silly thread. Unfortunately though, you haven't given me enough to apologise for (which would have been a handy way out) so I'm afraid I must stand by my guns. I've already demonstrated your hypocracy earlier so won't bother repeating that. I also earlier accepted you didn't like the DUP deal, but also pointed out that thats different to defending (yes defending) the deal as "small potatoes". Justice for the English NHS!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 10:32 - Jan 23 with 4700 viewsGlasgowBlue

on 09:49 - Jan 23 by _

I honestly believe there are a small number of people who ware desperate fir Brexit to fail. Who would rather see a recession than prosperity. Who call for more NHS funding but pray it dies then come from us leaving the EU.

This is really quite simple Libby. Di you support more funding for the NHS? Do you support Boris bid to get a commitment to this funding from EU contribution savings? They are two very easy questions to answer with a yes or a no.

Anything else will prove me right in my first paragraph.

Iron Lion Zion

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 10:32 - Jan 23 with 4699 viewsSomethingBlue

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:10 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

Firstly, as we have established, the amount on the bus was the gross contribution.

Secondly, as we have established, there was no commitment to spend all of the savings on the NHS.

Thirdly, this is just spending on the NHS in England. Would be a tad unfair on the Taffs, the Jocks and the Micks if we spent the whole lot in England.

Do you object to the savings being spent on the NHS?

Ah well it's a great job that most of the people who saw the bus realised all that isn't it.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 10:34 - Jan 23 with 4686 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 10:30 - Jan 23 by giant_stow

Yes, it is very hard work and I regret getting involved in this silly thread. Unfortunately though, you haven't given me enough to apologise for (which would have been a handy way out) so I'm afraid I must stand by my guns. I've already demonstrated your hypocracy earlier so won't bother repeating that. I also earlier accepted you didn't like the DUP deal, but also pointed out that thats different to defending (yes defending) the deal as "small potatoes". Justice for the English NHS!

Cop out. You threw an accusation of hypocrisy which is unproven. You said I defended the £1billion to the DUP which I clearly haven’t.

A bigger man would put his hands up. I thought you were a bigger man. Obviously I was wrong.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 10:37 - Jan 23 with 4682 viewsLord_Lucan

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 10:32 - Jan 23 by SomethingBlue

Ah well it's a great job that most of the people who saw the bus realised all that isn't it.

To be fair SB it's fair to say that both campaigns were full of dodgy claims - as are most political claims on all sides since the year dot.

You still work in the media right?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 10:40 - Jan 23 with 4678 viewsgiant_stow

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 10:34 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

Cop out. You threw an accusation of hypocrisy which is unproven. You said I defended the £1billion to the DUP which I clearly haven’t.

A bigger man would put his hands up. I thought you were a bigger man. Obviously I was wrong.

gawd this is serious stuff. I hereby deny all charges and point counsel to my previous evidence of small potatoes. case closed.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 10:46 - Jan 23 with 4662 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 10:40 - Jan 23 by giant_stow

gawd this is serious stuff. I hereby deny all charges and point counsel to my previous evidence of small potatoes. case closed.

I left the Party I had been a member of since the age of 18 and served two 4 year terms in local government for because I strongly objected to the deal with. That wasn't easy to do. So when you say that I defended the deal I do take it pretty seriously.

As for the hypocrisy. I don't see how answering somebody who asked why the whole amount of saving isn't being spent on the NHS in England when the other devolved governments are entitled to benefit from those savings pro rata is being hypocritical.

Iron Lion Zion

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 10:48 - Jan 23 with 4657 viewsBrixtonBlue

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 10:34 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

To be honest Glassers, calling it small potatoes and pontificating on it going to deprived areas did sound like you were defending it at the time.

Also I seem to remember at the time you left the Tories it wasn't about the details of the deal but the fact that it was with the DUP.

Either I've misread things or you're rewriting what you said.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 10:53 - Jan 23 with 4645 viewsArcher4721

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 10:46 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

I left the Party I had been a member of since the age of 18 and served two 4 year terms in local government for because I strongly objected to the deal with. That wasn't easy to do. So when you say that I defended the deal I do take it pretty seriously.

As for the hypocrisy. I don't see how answering somebody who asked why the whole amount of saving isn't being spent on the NHS in England when the other devolved governments are entitled to benefit from those savings pro rata is being hypocritical.

"I left the Party I had been a member of since the age of 18 and served two 4 year terms in local government for because I strongly objected to the deal"

But you still come on here promoting them and defending them on a daily basis.

Arftastic.....
I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 10:55 - Jan 23 with 4641 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 10:48 - Jan 23 by BrixtonBlue

To be honest Glassers, calling it small potatoes and pontificating on it going to deprived areas did sound like you were defending it at the time.

Also I seem to remember at the time you left the Tories it wasn't about the details of the deal but the fact that it was with the DUP.

Either I've misread things or you're rewriting what you said.

How many times do I have to say that I don't defend the deal for it to sink in? The financial side ids irrelevant. I don't support the deal full stop. There shouldn't be a deal.

I put the amount into context with regards to it being £1billion over five years from a budget of £3750billion over five years and Labours uncosted commitments of £339billion when you responded to a quote about a magic money tree. That isn't defending it ffs. That is pointing out a fact.

Can't you just read my replies to Ulla so I don't have to repeat myself.

Iron Lion Zion

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 10:57 - Jan 23 with 4634 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 10:53 - Jan 23 by Archer4721

"I left the Party I had been a member of since the age of 18 and served two 4 year terms in local government for because I strongly objected to the deal"

But you still come on here promoting them and defending them on a daily basis.

Arftastic.....

Defend them on a daily basis?

Truth and you are strangers facey aren't they?

Edit. Just checked. The last thread I started on the Conservative party was in August and was not particularly complimentary. Do you make things up because you are feeling a little lonely?
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 11:11]

Iron Lion Zion

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 11:02 - Jan 23 with 4621 viewsunbelievablue

Feels like he's on manoeuvres. End game, were it ever to come to fruition, would be positive.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 11:06 - Jan 23 with 4608 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 11:02 - Jan 23 by unbelievablue

Feels like he's on manoeuvres. End game, were it ever to come to fruition, would be positive.

That only took 4 pages.

Iron Lion Zion

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 11:23 - Jan 23 with 4588 viewsVic

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 08:01 - Jan 23 by Bluefish

What about the other 250 million per week?

We will probably need that money elsewhere to prop us up when we cut ourselves off and become a small island with massive debt

It may have been mentioned by others, but isn’t this figure something for AFTER we have left the EU? Surely no one can seriously expect it to be available now whilst still paying into the eu pot?

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 11:27 - Jan 23 with 4575 viewsSomethingBlue

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 11:23 - Jan 23 by Vic

It may have been mentioned by others, but isn’t this figure something for AFTER we have left the EU? Surely no one can seriously expect it to be available now whilst still paying into the eu pot?

Nobody seriously expects it to be available afterwards either.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 11:30 - Jan 23 with 4569 viewsSuperfrans

You are making the pretty huge assumption that anyone with any critical faculties or isn't a Tory actually believes anything that comes out of his mouth.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 11:30 - Jan 23 with 4567 viewsgiant_stow

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 11:27 - Jan 23 by SomethingBlue

Nobody seriously expects it to be available afterwards either.

£100b for a bridge is fine though as long as it's called "Boris". Money well spent.

He's actually neatly symbolic of the whole Tory party: no substance, incompetent and desperately self-interested.

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 11:34 - Jan 23 with 4563 viewsBrixtonBlue

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 10:55 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

How many times do I have to say that I don't defend the deal for it to sink in? The financial side ids irrelevant. I don't support the deal full stop. There shouldn't be a deal.

I put the amount into context with regards to it being £1billion over five years from a budget of £3750billion over five years and Labours uncosted commitments of £339billion when you responded to a quote about a magic money tree. That isn't defending it ffs. That is pointing out a fact.

Can't you just read my replies to Ulla so I don't have to repeat myself.

I'm not talking about what you're saying now, I'm talking about what you said at the time as your reasons for leaving the Tories.

I could've sworn it was because the deal was with the DUP (who you disapproved of) rather than the £1bn (small potatoes) and what they were doing with it. You were at pains to say it was going to a worthy cause at the time, which seemed to me to be defending it.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 11:53 - Jan 23 with 4537 viewsNo9

Not a done deal is it - & won't be

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-42787152/hammond-boris-johnson-s-foreig

Mr Hammond pretty pi$$ed off & the Cabinet as disjointed as ever
I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 11:56 - Jan 23 with 4532 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 11:34 - Jan 23 by BrixtonBlue

I'm not talking about what you're saying now, I'm talking about what you said at the time as your reasons for leaving the Tories.

I could've sworn it was because the deal was with the DUP (who you disapproved of) rather than the £1bn (small potatoes) and what they were doing with it. You were at pains to say it was going to a worthy cause at the time, which seemed to me to be defending it.

Yes. I left before the details of the deal became clear. That's because I object to the deal. The T's and C's are irrelevant. I objetct to the deal.

I was at pains to say it the £1billion wasn't going to the DUP as several posters said at the time. Pointing out facts isn't defending something.

GB. Dolly do you want to join the Tories?
DV. No i object to the Tories.
GB. I can get you membership for 50p
DV. The money is irrelevant. I don't support the Tories.

Do you understand. I object to dealing with the DUP. the money is irrelevant. I'm not defending it. But as I don't support the deal in the first place it's completely irrelevant.

I'm still not sure how Ulla managed to get the debate into the DUP. Perhaps he'll attempt to explain.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 12:02]

Iron Lion Zion

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 12:02 - Jan 23 with 4514 viewsgiant_stow

I’m sure even the harshest critic of the Foreign Secretary on 11:56 - Jan 23 by GlasgowBlue

Yes. I left before the details of the deal became clear. That's because I object to the deal. The T's and C's are irrelevant. I objetct to the deal.

I was at pains to say it the £1billion wasn't going to the DUP as several posters said at the time. Pointing out facts isn't defending something.

GB. Dolly do you want to join the Tories?
DV. No i object to the Tories.
GB. I can get you membership for 50p
DV. The money is irrelevant. I don't support the Tories.

Do you understand. I object to dealing with the DUP. the money is irrelevant. I'm not defending it. But as I don't support the deal in the first place it's completely irrelevant.

I'm still not sure how Ulla managed to get the debate into the DUP. Perhaps he'll attempt to explain.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 12:02]

I can only explain by repeating myself though! We're at stalemate mr.

Seeing your other replies, I think I've found something to apologise over at least: I'm sorry for mocking / being light-hearted about soemthing that's clearly improtant to you.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024