Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick's next club 20:59 - Jan 25 with 9262 viewsRoyKeanesDog

MM has said before that he Ipswich won't be his last managerial position, who do you think he will go to next?

His performance with us would've impressed club owners IMO, and I think a Championship club with even a slightly bigger budget would snap him up.

If he was to go to Hull next season and was given £5m I think he'd win the league with them, if not his first season then the season after.

One thing's for sure- he will beat us every time we play him, and unfortunately he will probably be heavily booed.

Poll: Best Football Song

Mick's next club on 21:57 - Jan 25 with 5035 viewsLankHenners

He'll go to a club that'll give him more money to spend, he'll outperform us, quite probably get promoted, and some people will still he think holds the majority of blame here rather than Evans.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2018 21:57]

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Mick's next club on 22:02 - Jan 25 with 5008 viewsElderGrizzly

Mick's next club on 21:08 - Jan 25 by Bigalhunter

I wouldn't rule out a spell at Barnsley. I don't know how much their owners are going to ultimately throw at a promotion push, but he's the perfect candidate, even if it's only a modest budget.
Only the most small minded imbeciles would boo him. So most of the 'five to fivers' over on the news section I guess.

Don’t think he’d go to Barnsley, as their new owners have said the manager won’t be choosing the players to buy.

One of the reasons we don’t have a DoF here is Mick refuses to work with one
Mick's next club on 01:01 - Jan 26 with 4945 viewshorsehollerer

Mick's next club on 21:56 - Jan 25 by StNeotsBlue

I think Bart would be a definite target. He's consistently bigged Gerken up as a equal to Bart but I'm not convinced.

Great. Then I'm sure he'd be equally happy taking Gerks instead.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Mick's next club on 04:56 - Jan 26 with 4903 viewsBenters2

Mick's next club on 21:36 - Jan 25 by Mullet

But for 3 years he was a hero here, and probably felt this was the place for him.

It's only the stupidity of the last 18 months that have allowed people to buy into the bedsheet and Archant style bollox.

Over that time he's probably not had the same level of interest, or financial incentive to start over. To go from no approach to aggressive pursuit is a different matter entirely and again one we'll never really know.

Mick will walk into a job, meanwhile we'll probably become Rotherham upon Orwell while Evans lets us rot.

How very dramatic.
Mick's next club on 08:14 - Jan 26 with 4864 viewsJohnny_Boy

Mick's next club on 21:36 - Jan 25 by Mullet

But for 3 years he was a hero here, and probably felt this was the place for him.

It's only the stupidity of the last 18 months that have allowed people to buy into the bedsheet and Archant style bollox.

Over that time he's probably not had the same level of interest, or financial incentive to start over. To go from no approach to aggressive pursuit is a different matter entirely and again one we'll never really know.

Mick will walk into a job, meanwhile we'll probably become Rotherham upon Orwell while Evans lets us rot.

When are you getting the campaign started to get him a statue next to SBR & Sir Alf?
Mick's next club on 08:23 - Jan 26 with 4857 viewsBenters2

Mick's next club on 08:14 - Jan 26 by Johnny_Boy

When are you getting the campaign started to get him a statue next to SBR & Sir Alf?

I thought texty was doing it
Mick's next club on 08:30 - Jan 26 with 4853 viewsHerbivore

Mick's next club on 21:34 - Jan 25 by hype313

Valid point, and I might very well be wrong too, I just think if he was really sought after then it wouldn't have taken much to prize him away.

As I say, maybe approaches have happened, I don't know, this is just my thoughts.

He's always been clear that he'd only leave Town whilst under contract for a Prem job or the Ireland job. Mick tends to be a man of his word, which is why he can't wait to get out of here this summer so he can move to a Championship side with better resources. He's done a good job here overall, he'll have plenty of offers.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mick's next club on 09:29 - Jan 26 with 4824 viewsblueblood66

Club Tropicana, drinks are free.
Login to get fewer ads

Mick's next club on 09:30 - Jan 26 with 4823 viewsMaySixth

Leeds

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Mick's next club on 09:40 - Jan 26 with 4819 viewsbraveblue

Don’t think they will be lining up to take him. Despite all the talk no one has tried to take him in the past few years. We had our worst result in half a century last year. Not great on cv.
Mick's next club on 09:53 - Jan 26 with 4811 viewsartsbossbeard

Mick's next club on 09:40 - Jan 26 by braveblue

Don’t think they will be lining up to take him. Despite all the talk no one has tried to take him in the past few years. We had our worst result in half a century last year. Not great on cv.

Take the blinkers off.

Everyone knows the restraints he's working under and everyone knows that he's not once criticised his lack of spending power openly.

He's absolutely perfect for a chairman in and around the budget of Town OR a club that needs to cut back on it's annual spend to the budget of Town's.

He'll be back working within 6 months of leaving here.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Mick's next club on 09:59 - Jan 26 with 4797 viewsSomethingBlue

Mick's next club on 09:40 - Jan 26 by braveblue

Half a century ago were things as weighted against us as they are now? Unlike you, people who know the sport can see the bigger picture.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Mick's next club on 10:00 - Jan 26 with 4793 viewsJ2BLUE

Mick's next club on 21:24 - Jan 25 by hype313

I think it would have been common knowledge if someone asked permission and requested to speak to him.

Any approach is more likely to be made informally to begin with. If a club quietly enquired and were told no chance at all they wouldn't bother with an official approach.

MM as a free agent open to offers will get plenty of interest.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mick's next club on 10:01 - Jan 26 with 4787 viewsJ2BLUE

on 21:08 - Jan 25 by _

Yea would be great to see our very good manager go to our rivals and then we replace him with someone like Phil Brown.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mick's next club on 10:03 - Jan 26 with 4782 viewsSomethingBlue

Mick's next club on 21:24 - Jan 25 by hype313

I think it would have been common knowledge if someone asked permission and requested to speak to him.

No it wouldn't.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Mick's next club on 10:06 - Jan 26 with 4774 viewsSteve_M

Mick's next club on 21:14 - Jan 25 by hype313

He's been here 5 years and plenty of clubs have changed managers in that time, yet he has not been considered for one of them.

He's basically been treading water for 5 years, hardly an inspiring guy to get you promoted or stave off a relegation battle.

That's an unduly harsh assessment. A lack of publicity isn't evidence of anything, given that Holloway and Warnock still get jobs there is no reason to suppose that Mick wouldn't, especially for a club that didn't have to pay compensation.

Treading water for five years? You're letting last season over-ride the rest of his time here in my opinion. Finishing 9th, 6th & 7th with our budget is a lot more than treading water.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Mick's next club on 10:10 - Jan 26 with 4763 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

As I've said before he'd probably be on a shortlist for pretty much 75% of the clubs in this division if they were recruiting a new boss. As to whether they'd take a pragmatic approach or go for someone with a more exotic name remains to be seen.

As for interest in him.. It's widely known that he's paid handsomely and there is a large 'buy out' fee attached to him, Forest & Fulham have supposedly been interested but it's understandable that a 7 figure fee has put most possible suitors off. Once you remove that barrier I would expect the interest in him to go up somewhat and I expect he'll be managing someone by December 2018
Mick's next club on 10:46 - Jan 26 with 4729 viewshype313

Mick's next club on 10:06 - Jan 26 by Steve_M

That's an unduly harsh assessment. A lack of publicity isn't evidence of anything, given that Holloway and Warnock still get jobs there is no reason to suppose that Mick wouldn't, especially for a club that didn't have to pay compensation.

Treading water for five years? You're letting last season over-ride the rest of his time here in my opinion. Finishing 9th, 6th & 7th with our budget is a lot more than treading water.

Fair point Steve, I'm probably letting the past 18 months cloud my judgement.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Mick's next club on 10:52 - Jan 26 with 4724 viewschicoazul

Yeah he's definitely getting booed wherever he ends up. And he will love every minute of it.

Plenty of big Championship clubs with money to spend would be interested in him. And based on Lambert and Carvalho maybe a PL club preparing for life in the Championship will come in for him too.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Mick's next club on 10:56 - Jan 26 with 4713 viewsitfcjoe

Mick's next club on 21:31 - Jan 25 by hype313

Maybe, but no one has aggressively tried to poach him, let's be honest it wouldnt be difficult for him to turn down other offers, more money, taken us as far as he could mantra would come into play. And if it was Fulham then the be closer to home would certainly be in the equation.

Mick's done a decent job here on a shoestring no doubt, but if he was really revered, it wouldn't have taken much for any club over the past 5 years to pinch him.

Mick doesn't have an agent, so even if someone was trying hard to poach him it wouldn't be leaked into the press to push a deal along

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mick's next club on 10:58 - Jan 26 with 4705 viewsitfcjoe

Mick's next club on 10:00 - Jan 26 by J2BLUE

Any approach is more likely to be made informally to begin with. If a club quietly enquired and were told no chance at all they wouldn't bother with an official approach.

MM as a free agent open to offers will get plenty of interest.

If we binned Mick off now, or he left - he would be the sort of manager that encourages other chairman to pull the trigger knowing he is on the market and available and they want to ensure they don't miss out.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024