Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( 11:07 - Feb 14 with 9856 viewsmonytowbray

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 11:17 - Feb 14 with 7116 viewsWallingford_Boy

Right....

RIP Sir Bobby

4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 11:18 - Feb 14 with 7110 viewsitfcjoe

4 years later and it still isn't funny

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 11:19 - Feb 14 with 7101 viewsmonytowbray

4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 11:18 - Feb 14 by itfcjoe

That's the odd thing about humour, it's completely subjective.

TWTD never forgets…

4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 11:20 - Feb 14 with 7074 viewsBlueBadger

4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 11:19 - Feb 14 by monytowbray

Pfft, I can prove why that's not funny to 5 decimal places.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 11:33 - Feb 14 with 7018 viewsSWGF

4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 11:19 - Feb 14 by monytowbray

In most cases

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 11:37 - Feb 14 with 6989 viewschicoazul

4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 11:18 - Feb 14 by itfcjoe

I think it's quite funny. It's a bit "know your meme" but that's ok by me.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 11:48 - Feb 14 with 6942 viewsWallingford_Boy

I think had my teenage son written it, I'd have found it funny and clever for a young adult to write in in that childish style.

But for an (I assume) adult to do that, its just sort of cringey!

Sure post it once, some on here would love it, but to repost it again.... nah.

RIP Sir Bobby

4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 11:56 - Feb 14 with 6908 viewsBluebell

When I first read that and thought 'what the hell'!

Now I have looked again and see it was done by Callis and was supposed to be funny.

Sorry Callis but that is really weird.
Login to get fewer ads

4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 11:58 - Feb 14 with 6893 viewsskyblue23

I found this hilarious. lighten up people.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 12:00 - Feb 14 with 6887 viewsWeirdFishes

I’ve always loved this.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 12:18 - Feb 14 with 6828 viewsWallingford_Boy

4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 11:58 - Feb 14 by skyblue23

I found this hilarious. lighten up people.

Hilarious?!

I'm light, just can't see the humour in it.

No offence as I am sure it took some time to create too.

RIP Sir Bobby

4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 12:23 - Feb 14 with 6802 viewsCoastalblue

I find it mildly amusing, but asking myself what was the point? Yes I know there is no point but wondered what motivated you to do it?

It seems a bit of a strange thing to do, not obviously funny or directed at anything, maybe I'm missing something?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 12:50 - Feb 14 with 6715 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I laughed...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 12:52 - Feb 14 with 6706 viewsAndy9ITFC

4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 12:50 - Feb 14 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I laughed...

Yawn.
4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 13:08 - Feb 14 with 6635 viewsBenters2

4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 12:52 - Feb 14 by Andy9ITFC

Yawn.

This.
4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 13:12 - Feb 14 with 6609 viewsDubtractor

4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 11:37 - Feb 14 by chicoazul

I think it's quite funny. It's a bit "know your meme" but that's ok by me.

Yeah, it's quite funny, not sure I'd have reposted it but it did make me chuckle.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

on 13:14 - Feb 14 with 6596 views_

4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 13:14 - Feb 14 with 6589 viewschicoazul

4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 13:12 - Feb 14 by Dubtractor

Yeah, it's quite funny, not sure I'd have reposted it but it did make me chuckle.

When it comes to stuff like this the more obscure the better as far as I am concerned so Parkin and Sonner being in there is very good.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

on 13:15 - Feb 14 with 6589 views_

4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 13:14 - Feb 14 by chicoazul

When it comes to stuff like this the more obscure the better as far as I am concerned so Parkin and Sonner being in there is very good.

4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 15:16 - Feb 14 with 6409 viewsmonytowbray

Context for those saying it's odd, it was in response to this request by the club.

Context of time it took, about 10 minutes. It wasn't a huge labour.

Context of people whinging about it, if Blueas did it you'd all find it HILARIOUS. Like that HILARIOUS thread about "piping" women last week. That was HILARIOUS.

TWTD never forgets…

4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 15:26 - Feb 14 with 6387 viewsVaughan8

You could have included Gus Uhlembeek!

You must have too much time on your hands! haha (EDIT: just seen it took you 10 minutes, but still!)
[Post edited 14 Feb 2018 15:26]
4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 16:13 - Feb 14 with 6325 viewsTomJamesLW

Good meme 👏

Poll: What's more likely?

4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 16:21 - Feb 14 with 6302 viewsDarth_Koont

I don't know. Silence is pretty objective.

Pronouns: He/Him

4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 16:28 - Feb 14 with 6267 viewsconnorscontract

4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 15:16 - Feb 14 by monytowbray

Context for those saying it's odd, it was in response to this request by the club.

Context of time it took, about 10 minutes. It wasn't a huge labour.

Context of people whinging about it, if Blueas did it you'd all find it HILARIOUS. Like that HILARIOUS thread about "piping" women last week. That was HILARIOUS.

I laughed at the line about Paul Jewell. The letter is funny. I don't think I saw it at the time.
4 years ago today & it's still not hanging up above the SBRL in Portman Road :( on 16:44 - Feb 14 with 6228 viewsjaseitfc

Add Tony Dinning and it's masterful

Lay off of Callis - feel a bit sorry for him here, he's just sharing some humour , no need for a debate on what's funny or not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024