Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL looking into Wolvea 19:48 - Mar 7 with 5874 viewsJimmy86

Seen on the sky sports app that the EFL are holding a meeting tomorrow to discuss Wolves and their use of super agent Jorge Mendes. Possible conflict of interest and I think there's a case. Would players like Neves and Jota especially have joined Wolves otherwise?? Unlikely. Plus their appointment of Nuno. Wonder what sort of punishment they could get if they have broken the rules
EFL looking into Wolvea on 19:49 - Mar 7 with 5835 viewsJ2BLUE

No doubt they'll get away with it or be fined £3.50

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

EFL looking into Wolvea on 19:52 - Mar 7 with 5822 viewsJimmy86

EFL looking into Wolvea on 19:49 - Mar 7 by J2BLUE

No doubt they'll get away with it or be fined £3.50

Any fine would be able to be paid off when they go up. For me any punishment would have to be points deduction etc as that would hurt them more
EFL looking into Wolvea on 20:02 - Mar 7 with 5760 viewsEastTownBlue

EFL looking into Wolvea on 19:52 - Mar 7 by Jimmy86

Any fine would be able to be paid off when they go up. For me any punishment would have to be points deduction etc as that would hurt them more

Agree. It will still only be a fine though.
EFL looking into Wolvea on 20:04 - Mar 7 with 5745 viewsDyland

Very little chance of a points deduction. The EFL and FA are toothless at best, corrupt at worst.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

EFL looking into Wolvea on 20:21 - Mar 7 with 5666 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

EFL looking into Wolvea on 20:02 - Mar 7 by EastTownBlue

Agree. It will still only be a fine though.

The penalty if any should be effective in the season not retrospectively.
It would make teams obey the rules.
EFL looking into Wolvea on 20:25 - Mar 7 with 5639 viewscrunchie1978

I've heard that wolves owner will fail the due diligence test once they are in prem.
EFL looking into Wolvea on 20:30 - Mar 7 with 5608 viewsJimmy86

EFL looking into Wolvea on 20:25 - Mar 7 by crunchie1978

I've heard that wolves owner will fail the due diligence test once they are in prem.

Well not surprisingly they have posted a 21 million pound loss, bearing in mind the season before they had a 6 million pound profit
EFL looking into Wolvea on 21:42 - Mar 7 with 5434 viewsSitfcB

Leeds owner not happy...

[Post edited 7 Mar 2018 21:43]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

EFL looking into Wolvea on 21:46 - Mar 7 with 5405 viewsDyland

EFL looking into Wolvea on 21:42 - Mar 7 by SitfcB

Leeds owner not happy...

I wouldn't want that clown running Town, but at the same time I wouldn't mind JUST SOME kind of opinion even bitterness, from Evans.

EFL looking into Wolvea on 21:51 - Mar 7 with 5374 viewsRegencyBlue

What punishment they could get as opposed to what they will get are two different things I would suggest!

The football authorities will fudge it as they always do.
EFL looking into Wolvea on 21:53 - Mar 7 with 5363 viewsArnieM

EFL looking into Wolvea on 21:46 - Mar 7 by Dyland

I wouldn't want that clown running Town, but at the same time I wouldn't mind JUST SOME kind of opinion even bitterness, from Evans.

Evans isn’t remotely interested in the Club as a football club. It just a tax avoidance machinery for Evans Corporation.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

EFL looking into Wolvea on 22:03 - Mar 7 with 5308 viewsDyland

EFL looking into Wolvea on 21:53 - Mar 7 by ArnieM

Evans isn’t remotely interested in the Club as a football club. It just a tax avoidance machinery for Evans Corporation.

Not really. He bought it as a punt thinking he could make money from being promoted. He didn't buy it to avoid tax per se.

Yes though, he doesn't care about ITFC as a fan/supporter. I said that myself on here when he bought us. My accountant looked after Evans as his first partner portfolio and remarked on this when the news report were saying he was a Suffolk man, implying he was a Town supporter.

EFL looking into Wolvea on 22:25 - Mar 7 with 5217 viewsPinewoodblue

Deduct points and make em go up via the playoffs. Great idea...not!

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

EFL looking into Wolvea on 07:07 - Mar 8 with 4877 viewsJimmy86

EFL looking into Wolvea on 22:25 - Mar 7 by Pinewoodblue

Deduct points and make em go up via the playoffs. Great idea...not!

Fair one, guess your right. They deserve some sort of punishment though and a fine wouldn't exactly cut it. Sky have drooled all over Neves and Jota all season, along with Nuno, the same way they drooled over "little plucky" Bournemouth and Eddie Howe. Cringeworthy
EFL looking into Wolvea on 07:31 - Mar 8 with 4812 viewssparks

EFL looking into Wolvea on 21:53 - Mar 7 by ArnieM

It's cost him vastly more than any tax set off. How many times must this nonsense be debunked.?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

EFL looking into Wolvea on 07:48 - Mar 8 with 4769 viewsBluebell

Leeds owner not happy...

"We should play all 24 with the same rules and opportunities"

Ridiculous thing to say when a lot of the teams have parachute payments and others have owners who will spend millions on players and wages.

FFP was supposed to help but how could it? There were only half a dozen teams stuck to it.
EFL looking into Wolvea on 07:52 - Mar 8 with 4756 viewsSaleAway

EFL looking into Wolvea on 07:48 - Mar 8 by Bluebell

Ridiculous thing to say when a lot of the teams have parachute payments and others have owners who will spend millions on players and wages.

FFP was supposed to help but how could it? There were only half a dozen teams stuck to it.

Of course what he really means is. "I hate it when another club has more money, and better contacts than my club. Its only fair when my team is at the top."

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

EFL looking into Wolvea on 08:41 - Mar 8 with 4688 viewsGeoffSentence

EFL looking into Wolvea on 20:25 - Mar 7 by crunchie1978

They would have to be proper rogues to fail the fit and proper persons test, given some of the walkways who have sailed through it in The past.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

EFL looking into Wolvea on 09:08 - Mar 8 with 4641 viewsitfcjoe

Leeds owner not happy...

I think it is a fair point - a lot of this stuff is so murky and anti-competitive.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

EFL looking into Wolvea on 10:01 - Mar 8 with 4562 viewsSwansea_Blue

EFL looking into Wolvea on 20:30 - Mar 7 by Jimmy86

Well not surprisingly they have posted a 21 million pound loss, bearing in mind the season before they had a 6 million pound profit

Both the top two are gambling. Cardiff posted a similar loss, but that's on top of losses last year and a transfer embargo. I can't see how they're not in breach too, unless the goalposts have changed significantly.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

EFL looking into Wolvea on 13:35 - Mar 8 with 4408 viewsHopelessRomantic

EFL looking into Wolvea on 07:48 - Mar 8 by Bluebell

Yep, it will never be completely fair. There will always be teams at the top who can spend what they want and then teams like us who have no money, but as long as no one has better opportunities than leeds, right?
EFL looking into Wolvea on 14:18 - Mar 8 with 4346 viewsbritbiker

Another 3 year court battle that the league won't be able to afford, so guessing only Legal firms and wolves will win this one. Shame.
EFL looking into Wolvea on 14:51 - Mar 8 with 4302 viewsSaleAway

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/03/08/wolves-danger-breaching-financia

looks like Wolves are really walking the line... whats the betting that their "predicted" accounts for this year mean they pass FFP by about 1p.... which allows them to get promoted, and then get a fine once the official accounts show that the prediction was "optimistic".

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024