Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) 10:42 - Mar 24 with 14023 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

......ok don't enjoy this too much some of you but....
She has received a tidy 6 figure sum but not enough to buy somewhere she/we would want to live. Any simple advice on where to park the money as this is totally out of our comfort zone. (Is it Govt bonds/premium bonds, any worthwhile bank accounts/are there really ethical funds ?). For the last couple of months it has earned precisely nothing, almost like we are pretending it is not there.
Was going to ask Stokie but he went and bloody left......

Other than investing in a sh1t load of drugs and/or sending it to the YPG any suggestions?

Edit......in light of the first couple of replies I have realised this could become the usual 'International break thread'......oh joy !
[Post edited 24 Mar 2018 15:25]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:31 - Mar 24 with 2577 viewsJ2BLUE

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:29 - Mar 24 by Lord_Lucan

Sorry, I didn’t realise you were a precious metal expert, I thought you dished out Euros to the Benidorm bound in a crappy foreign exchange booth.

Yea working in retail means I can't possibly have knowledge of anything else.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:34 - Mar 24 with 2573 viewsconnorscontract

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:16 - Mar 24 by FrowsyArmLarry

Please can you explain which government policies make the rich get richer and the poor get poorer

Are you familiar with the changes to the Benefit System over the past 7 years? For example, the punitive way that disabled people have been assessed and re-classified?
Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:37 - Mar 24 with 2557 viewsBrixtonBlue

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:16 - Mar 24 by connorscontract

Absolutely. And Archer is looking for advice for ethical investment, rather than "How can we screw people as much as possible with our wealth to make us even richer?" That would be hypocritical.

But sparks has always said how disgusting church schools are, but when his little darlings had to go to school, guess where they went? Other schools were available, but not "suitable". So his understanding of the word "hypocritical" is a little bit flexible.

Wow, is that true? I remember him banging on about how schools shouldn't teach religion as if it were fact and I totally agreed with him on that.

To send your kids to a church school after that beggars belief.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:38 - Mar 24 with 2550 viewsBrixtonBlue

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:16 - Mar 24 by FrowsyArmLarry

Please can you explain which government policies make the rich get richer and the poor get poorer

Jesus, I haven't got all day mate!

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:40 - Mar 24 with 2539 viewsfactual_blue

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:28 - Mar 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

I'll take my chances Ryorry.....nobody will get me to tell them where it's buried though! Thanks though I do get your point .

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:40 - Mar 24 with 2539 viewsBrixtonBlue

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:17 - Mar 24 by Ryorry

Methinks you're in for a whooshing ...

If I am then it's brilliant from Bullers and I shall accept my whooshing and go and think about what I've done.

I still suspect he isn't joking though. Anyone else maybe, but this is Bullers.

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:49 - Mar 24 with 2516 viewsGollum

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:08 - Mar 24 by BrixtonBlue

This is such a stupid attitude from someone normally more intelligent than this, and is along the same lines as people saying "Why does Russell Brand live in a big house? If he wants a fairer society he should give his money away and live in a hovel" etc.

It's not about one person giving all their newly found wealth away. That would be a drop in the ocean and do nothing. It's about society AS A WHOLE looking after each other... and policies that benefit ALL not just enabling the rich to stay rich (and get richer) while many eat from food banks.

We need a society shift not people pointing fingers at individuals.

I think the comment may have been said "tongue in cheek".
Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:50 - Mar 24 with 2514 viewsBrixtonBlue

Starting from Lave you should buy Basic Medicines and fly to Laird and sell. At Laird buy Cobalt and fly back to Lave to sell.

Keep doing this and you should see your money rise considerably, without having to go near illegal goods.

Fairly risk free, although you do obviously need to keep an eye out for pirates.

Login to get fewer ads

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:51 - Mar 24 with 2506 viewsBrixtonBlue

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:49 - Mar 24 by Gollum

I think the comment may have been said "tongue in cheek".

See my reply to Ryorry.

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:02 - Mar 24 with 2482 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Good for Mrs Slave & you. Pay for someone to carry that big bit of carved granite to the ciampino.......Just enjoy it however you see fit.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:05 - Mar 24 with 2482 viewsLord_Lucan

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:31 - Mar 24 by J2BLUE

Yea working in retail means I can't possibly have knowledge of anything else.

Awww J2, don’t get your knickers in a twist. Haha.

Love the uppie by the way.

Genuine PMSL.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:06 - Mar 24 with 2477 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:34 - Mar 24 by connorscontract

Are you familiar with the changes to the Benefit System over the past 7 years? For example, the punitive way that disabled people have been assessed and re-classified?

Yes, I don’t agree with tightening up those payments either, but you’re looking at a very small section of society. What policies are forcing wages down for the low paid and increasing wealth at the top end?
Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:08 - Mar 24 with 2469 viewsJ2BLUE

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:05 - Mar 24 by Lord_Lucan

Awww J2, don’t get your knickers in a twist. Haha.

Love the uppie by the way.

Genuine PMSL.

Too late

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:09 - Mar 24 with 2469 viewsFreddies_Ears

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:07 - Mar 24 by WD19

If you are v.quick you can max out the 2017 ISA allowance for both of you. Then 2018 in a couple of weeks...so that is 80k accounted for.

Pick funds that are as ethical as you like....

That's good advice, but careful with fund picks so you are not taking more risk than you want to.
Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:16 - Mar 24 with 2451 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just buy a job lot of Rolex's, apparently.

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:27 - Mar 24 with 2431 viewsEireannach_gorm

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:40 - Mar 24 by factual_blue

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:29 - Mar 24 with 2430 viewstcblue

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 10:58 - Mar 24 by sparks

Touched a nerve methinks.

By scoring a cheap jibe at someone who has the weight of sensibility required from a large sum from a family bereavement?

Of course you have. I hope you're going to realise how much of a douche move that was.
Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:32 - Mar 24 with 2414 viewsBluebell

When you say "six figure sum" is it £1000.00, £100,000 or even £999,999?

Makes a big difference.
Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:34 - Mar 24 with 2404 viewsRyorry

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:32 - Mar 24 by Bluebell

Makes a big difference.

Or £14.9999 if you're Sprucey!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:35 - Mar 24 with 2398 viewsconnorscontract

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:37 - Mar 24 by BrixtonBlue

Wow, is that true? I remember him banging on about how schools shouldn't teach religion as if it were fact and I totally agreed with him on that.

To send your kids to a church school after that beggars belief.

100% true.
Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:42 - Mar 24 with 2383 viewsLeoMuff

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 11:29 - Mar 24 by Lord_Lucan

Sorry, I didn’t realise you were a precious metal expert, I thought you dished out Euros to the Benidorm bound in a crappy foreign exchange booth.

Woah the ego has landed, Bit below the belt isn’t it ? Can’t you handle criticism ?

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:47 - Mar 24 with 2366 viewsLord_Lucan

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:42 - Mar 24 by LeoMuff

Woah the ego has landed, Bit below the belt isn’t it ? Can’t you handle criticism ?

J2 is one of the good guys, I was having a laugh with him.

Stand down son.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:49 - Mar 24 with 2364 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:32 - Mar 24 by Bluebell

Makes a big difference.

You're that person Ryorry warned me about aren't you!
Put it this way around Fram (where we need to stay) a 3/4 acre plot in the sticks goes for about £150,000 before putting up say a scandi flat pack house and we can't afford to do that. We currently rent on one year renewable tenency so the security isn't great but we love it here.....in the long run we need to hope for a doer upper but it's what to do in the meantime. I shall be asking Keno as advised.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:50 - Mar 24 with 2355 viewsLeoMuff

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:47 - Mar 24 by Lord_Lucan

J2 is one of the good guys, I was having a laugh with him.

Stand down son.

Only if j2 confirms no offence was taken

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:52 - Mar 24 with 2350 viewsLord_Lucan

Mrs Slave has inherited some money.......! (Advice) on 12:49 - Mar 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

You're that person Ryorry warned me about aren't you!
Put it this way around Fram (where we need to stay) a 3/4 acre plot in the sticks goes for about £150,000 before putting up say a scandi flat pack house and we can't afford to do that. We currently rent on one year renewable tenency so the security isn't great but we love it here.....in the long run we need to hope for a doer upper but it's what to do in the meantime. I shall be asking Keno as advised.

If you don’t need to spend the funds just buy any property that you can afford. Even if we have a downturn it will still go back up again.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024