Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shame on us 22:37 - Apr 3 with 17647 viewsITFC_Follower

I feel ashamed by those who have treated Mick so disgustingly even after they got what they wanted.

It really troubles me that we have sunk that low.

Mick has done a wonderful job over the last 5.5 years keeping us in this league when we were in real freefall when he joined.

It would be a real shame to think that all his hard work and efforts have been overshadowed by this horrible ugly behaviour of some of our fans.

He has been loyal to us dont forget! How many managers stay at a club for that long? He could have earned big big money getting all these parachute payment clubs back into the premier league but stuck with us. It is not as if he hasnt got respect in the game & do not forget he has a proven track record! Sadly though, he has not ever been known as a wizard and does not know how to sow money tree seeds but he has worked miricles for us if you really think about 2012/13.

I hope that there is some way that we can thank Mick and appreciate what he has done in difficult circumstances for this club.

What is done is done and he is leaving now so please can we be fair and show our appreciation?

We are bigger and better than this or at least I hope we are. We may think we deserve pretty football but we appear very ugly fans these days.

A further thought - If we get a reputation for this sort of behaviour we will become an unattractive prospect for any manager & no young upcoming manager will want to come to the club. We appear to be hurting our own clubs future now.

Shame on us on 00:03 - Apr 4 with 4219 viewsEly_Blue

Shame on us on 23:51 - Apr 3 by ITFC_Follower

I am inclinded to say that you still do because i have no real facts from you that he was not in the running for the jobs.

And I go back to your flimsy argument that because he got 2 clubs promoted in the past that means he was in the running for any of those jobs, I again remind you that Mr Jewell also got 2 much less fashionable and sizeable clubs than Wolves and Sunderland promoted to the Premier League but that wouldn’t have made him any more likely to have been considered for those jobs than MM.

MM has passed his sell by date in terms of a manager who can get a team promoted to the premier league, he had 5.5 years at Town and has never in that time with the exception of 2014-15 had a team that looked like it was going to challenge or even have a settled style of any kind

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Shame on us on 00:04 - Apr 4 with 4220 viewsipswich4life

Shame on us on 23:56 - Apr 3 by ITFC_Follower

oh right well i back down entirely then. League 1 with more fans is better I think you are saying? or with such wisdom that a few results alter the league table...I had absolutely no idea that could happen!

Pj did the right thing and stepped down,there was plenty of games to be played,and we was i belive only 7points adrift
Shame on us on 00:05 - Apr 4 with 4210 viewsITFC_Follower

Anyway I expect a few people may have read this and agreed hopefully more people understand than don't.

Main point is that even though it has ended with Mick as it has in a bad manner at least we can be big enough to say he did a solid decent job overall.

I just would feel it a shame if we were not big enough and greatful to accept that and I would hate to think that of all the clubs he has been at he has thought of our fans the least highly due to the way some have behaved.

Might be alone in thinking this way and if that is the case then i guess thats just the way people behave these days which is sad.
Shame on us on 00:06 - Apr 4 with 4192 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Shame on us on 23:16 - Apr 3 by ipswich4life

He Worse then keano

Pahahahaahaahahahahahahaahahahaahahahahahahahah

Pahahahahaahahahaha

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Shame on us on 00:09 - Apr 4 with 4184 viewsipswich4life

Shame on us on 00:05 - Apr 4 by ITFC_Follower

Anyway I expect a few people may have read this and agreed hopefully more people understand than don't.

Main point is that even though it has ended with Mick as it has in a bad manner at least we can be big enough to say he did a solid decent job overall.

I just would feel it a shame if we were not big enough and greatful to accept that and I would hate to think that of all the clubs he has been at he has thought of our fans the least highly due to the way some have behaved.

Might be alone in thinking this way and if that is the case then i guess thats just the way people behave these days which is sad.

Was that you with the banner at the weekend?
Shame on us on 00:13 - Apr 4 with 4177 viewsLord_Lucan

Shame on us on 00:05 - Apr 4 by ITFC_Follower

I think most of us realise that he saved us from relegation, made us feel proud of our club again and gave us some highs.

I'm glad he has gone though before he completely used up his credit, which he was in danger of doing.

You can moan about Ipswich fans but I don't think McCarthy has covered himself in glory with some of his words and actions of late.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Shame on us on 00:14 - Apr 4 with 4169 viewsITFC_Follower

Shame on us on 00:03 - Apr 4 by Ely_Blue

And I go back to your flimsy argument that because he got 2 clubs promoted in the past that means he was in the running for any of those jobs, I again remind you that Mr Jewell also got 2 much less fashionable and sizeable clubs than Wolves and Sunderland promoted to the Premier League but that wouldn’t have made him any more likely to have been considered for those jobs than MM.

MM has passed his sell by date in terms of a manager who can get a team promoted to the premier league, he had 5.5 years at Town and has never in that time with the exception of 2014-15 had a team that looked like it was going to challenge or even have a settled style of any kind

Ok well thats fine i can concede any difference of opinion tonight to everyone if you like so you can all go to bed proud and happy it does not bother me.

I hope that the likes of youselves are happier next year because it would be a great shame to see you moaning about whoever comes in next in the same manner.

I think you probably will still moan about any situation because i guess thats what you are here for what would you do if things were perfect? you would have to come on here and be happy and positive but that would not take up enough of your time i expect and then you would be in danger of having time to reflect on yourselves.
Shame on us on 00:40 - Apr 4 with 4147 viewsconnorscontract

Shame on us on 23:30 - Apr 3 by ITFC_Follower

Going to have to add to this...because you do not agree with what someone posts they are a budgie???

The main point of the post is how shamefully we have acted and how ugly it all is. It is not someone from nofolk saying "ooo yess wallow in your misery Ipswich because I am getting a nice kick out of it"

I am not that sad trust me. I have written 2 threads on here the whole time because i am not the kind of person that gets a kick out of winding people up on the internet just because I have absolutely nothing else in my life to do.

I know football is all some people have in there lives and it is important for that reason because that might be all that keeps them going though their own private hell but there is more to life you know.

I don't think you're a budgie. I just think you have a very strong sense of loyalty to your friend Mick McCarthy, which is very honourable, TC.
Login to get fewer ads

Shame on us on 00:55 - Apr 4 with 4144 viewsjennygw

I feel sad that, as fans, it has come to this.

Love or hate MM, one thing that cannot be denied is that we have the worst division among fans I have ever known - that's in the last 50 years.

MM is moving on and I hope I am not the only one who wishes this period of our history is soon long behind us and forgotten.

I am proud of my Club, what an amazing past we have had. But it's time to hope for a better future. We need to be looking forwards with hope for what the future can bring.

Maybe we could all take a deep breath, remember we are all ultimately on the same side?
Shame on us on 00:56 - Apr 4 with 4143 viewsChe

Excellent post. Unfortunately we live in times where we have forgotten how to recognise decency honesty and loyalty. I wish he wasn't going and I wish him every success whereever his next managerial challenge is.
Shame on us on 01:32 - Apr 4 with 4128 viewsEireannach_gorm

Shame on us on 22:59 - Apr 3 by Plums

Don’t be a drama queen. Everywhere Mick has been has ended like this. Ireland included and yet apparently the problem doesn’t lie with him.

You are factually incorrect about the Ireland job but don't let the truth get in the way of your bias.
Shame on us on 03:59 - Apr 4 with 4106 viewsharlingblue

Saved us, gave us hope, stabilised us, but then divided us.

Saved us from relegation when Paul Jewell was man enough to realise he was not the man to Manage our team.

Gave us hope during the season that we reached the play-offs, also started to divide us with his choice of team against Man U away in a cup game the same season.

Stabilised us as a mid table Championship team, but with no fun, no chance of a cup run, main players sold, did MM fight his corner against ME to keep these players?, support dwindles.

Poor ticketing last year, was too much to bear for many supporters, MM bears the brunt, a noisy minority in the now Portman Road library, brings out the worst of MM, and we become even more divided.

A new manager with flair, moulding old and young, Warburten and Nash?
Shame on us on 04:16 - Apr 4 with 4103 viewsBenters2

Shame on us on 22:56 - Apr 3 by vapour_trail

I liked your piece on mick.

But I think you boys in the press over egg this stuff. Money talks, and lots of managers have fallen out with fans. We’re a small club these days and this is very low profile stuff. Doubt it’ll have any impact on the wellbeing of the club.

The op has the feel of a budgie. We welcome budgies here, see ulla(and to a lesser extent, benters).

I actually prefer Millwall to Noriwch but dont let that stop you having the same constant pop at me.

Regarding the OP what? You do understand Mick Mac got paid a handsome ammount managing Town dont you?

He didnt do it as a favour.

Its a real shame when you look back at Mondays game,becuase if town had played like that more often,most fans would have wanted Mick Mac to stay.
Shame on us on 04:33 - Apr 4 with 4089 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Shame on us on 00:06 - Apr 4 by The_Romford_Blue

Pahahahaahaahahahahahahaahahahaahahahahahahahah

Pahahahahaahahahaha

Out of curiosity Benters, can I take it your down arrow means you think Mick was a worse manager for us than Keane?

Surely not? Surely?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Shame on us on 06:39 - Apr 4 with 4075 viewsJohnny_Boy

Shame on us on 23:13 - Apr 3 by Trequartista

Glad we are raising eyebrows, I am sick of being patronised by the national press oh how dare little Ipswich expect to be as good as they used to be - all this while West Ham are rioting whilst several places clear of the premier league drop zone.

I'm quite enjoying the footballing "be careful what you wish for" fraternity in social media.
Telling the ITFC fans we should embrace Mick for longer.

To put it into context, these were Liverpool, Chelsea & Newcastle fans. Mind boggling really.
3 clubs that certainly wouldn't put up with his philosophies.

Not many Sunderland or Wolves fans seem to be warning us. Funny that.
Shame on us on 06:45 - Apr 4 with 4066 viewsJohnny_Boy

Shame on us on 00:14 - Apr 4 by ITFC_Follower

Ok well thats fine i can concede any difference of opinion tonight to everyone if you like so you can all go to bed proud and happy it does not bother me.

I hope that the likes of youselves are happier next year because it would be a great shame to see you moaning about whoever comes in next in the same manner.

I think you probably will still moan about any situation because i guess thats what you are here for what would you do if things were perfect? you would have to come on here and be happy and positive but that would not take up enough of your time i expect and then you would be in danger of having time to reflect on yourselves.

Christ.

First rule about having an opinion in TWTD.

Don't have a massive blubfest when people disagree with you.
Shame on us on 06:49 - Apr 4 with 4065 viewsJohnny_Boy

Shame on us on 23:41 - Apr 3 by Trequartista

don't remember saying he was.

But this has been the MO for the last 5yrs under Mick.
Any criticism of him can be batted off with comparing him to Jewell.
Shame on us on 07:01 - Apr 4 with 4048 viewsReuser_is_God

Shame on us on 23:16 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

I think Ipswich fans are getting a bad press on this thread and I agree he would have got more grief and sooner from most other clubs.

The fantastic Liverpool fans booed their team off the pitch a few years back when they only drew at home against West Ham - and went top.

Let's not mention Arsenal, West Ham, Man U and all those other clubs with super fans that are so loyal.

Let's not re write history and dig all our own fans out like this.

He knows it too.

He’s been at Millwall, Sunderland & Wolves.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Shame on us on 07:02 - Apr 4 with 4044 viewsJohnny_Boy

Shame on us on 23:07 - Apr 3 by floridablue

I know i'm not over there spending my money attending games but honestly feel Mick's getting unwarranted stick/abuse from a minority vocal group of so called 'fans'. I watched the game here against the 'enemy' when Mick mouthed off to our 'fans' after getting verbal abuse and would probably have dished out the same response....cringeworthy!!!

I still believe any real good faith from fence sitters has been eroded by the introduction of iFollow.
Fans from all around the world were able to see the general malaise for themselves every week, rather than once in a blue moon via Sky.
Shame on us on 07:16 - Apr 4 with 4031 viewschristiand

Shame on us on 00:14 - Apr 4 by ITFC_Follower

I've got my fingers crossed the club make an inspired managerial appointment which results in the club rising from the ashes, doing well next season, playing some entertaining football and our fans slowly returning to PR. Then I can wonder where such posters and their theories have disappeared to from this forum and then contemplate why we left it so long to make the change?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Shame on us on 07:20 - Apr 4 with 4024 viewsJohnny_Boy

Shame on us on 00:56 - Apr 4 by Che

Excellent post. Unfortunately we live in times where we have forgotten how to recognise decency honesty and loyalty. I wish he wasn't going and I wish him every success whereever his next managerial challenge is.

The man had 5yrs in the job. The average Championship manager was getting less than a year in charge. The club has shown loyalty. The paying ST fans couldn't watch anymore.
Shame on us on 07:33 - Apr 4 with 4012 viewsWadeyBlue

Please choose an option that best describes you:-

1. Between 10 and 15 years old
2. Knows nothing about football
3. Has never been to watch Ipswich at Portman Road
4. Believes everything tv pundits and ex pro footballers say
5. All of the above

??
[Post edited 4 Apr 2018 7:35]

Poll: In our multicultural society and ever changing world should we offer halal food?

Shame on us on 07:38 - Apr 4 with 4001 viewsPlums

Shame on us on 01:32 - Apr 4 by Eireannach_gorm

You are factually incorrect about the Ireland job but don't let the truth get in the way of your bias.

So the fans weren’t chanting ‘Keano’ during Mick’s final game in charge?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Shame on us on 07:39 - Apr 4 with 3998 viewsvapour_trail

Shame on us on 04:16 - Apr 4 by Benters2

I actually prefer Millwall to Noriwch but dont let that stop you having the same constant pop at me.

Regarding the OP what? You do understand Mick Mac got paid a handsome ammount managing Town dont you?

He didnt do it as a favour.

Its a real shame when you look back at Mondays game,becuase if town had played like that more often,most fans would have wanted Mick Mac to stay.

Mick might be well remunerated but he puts his effort into Ipswich. You go up to carrow road and support Norwich.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Shame on us on 07:43 - Apr 4 with 3997 viewstortoise

Doesn’t seem like the popular thing to say, but I actually agree with elements of this. I thought, as a football club and a set of fans, we had a little more dignity.

I agree that Mick needed to go and perhaps the attitude of the fans has helped this to happen, so you could argue that it is justified, but it all sits a little uncomfortably for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024