Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any parents of young teens about? 09:18 - Apr 10 with 13911 viewsartsbossbeard

Beard Jnr, 14, hasn't left his bedroom for the last three days and mixes his time between playing fortnite 'til the wee hours and then sleeping 'til beyond midday.

None of his mates, apparently, want to go outside and 'play' and he's got no inclination to get out on that bike I got him for Christmas.

Is this the norm now?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:20 - Apr 10 with 5768 viewsLord_Lucan

He's w4nking you fool.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:21 - Apr 10 with 5761 viewsartsbossbeard

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:20 - Apr 10 by Lord_Lucan

He's w4nking you fool.

Yes, no doubt.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:21 - Apr 10 with 5758 viewsdirtyboy

My 12 year old plays Fortnite a fair bit, but in between he’s down the skate park, with that and Swimming 11 hours a week I tend to leave him to it.

I certainly wouldn’t put up with it for days without other stuff happening
Any parents of young teens about? on 09:22 - Apr 10 with 5744 viewsKieran_Knows

I swear i'm the only person on this planet not playing Fortnite at the minute.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:22 - Apr 10 with 5742 viewsartsbossbeard

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:21 - Apr 10 by dirtyboy

My 12 year old plays Fortnite a fair bit, but in between he’s down the skate park, with that and Swimming 11 hours a week I tend to leave him to it.

I certainly wouldn’t put up with it for days without other stuff happening

Yep, he's leaving the house today even if he doesn't want to.

It's not healthy is it?

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:25 - Apr 10 with 5714 viewsBurwell_Blue

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:22 - Apr 10 by artsbossbeard

It's not healthy is it?

Seems normal, my 12yr old has no desire to leave YouTube, although she is coming to match with me tonight.
Any parents of young teens about? on 09:26 - Apr 10 with 5702 viewsartsbossbeard

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:25 - Apr 10 by Burwell_Blue

Seems normal, my 12yr old has no desire to leave YouTube, although she is coming to match with me tonight.

Whether she wants to or not.

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:28 - Apr 10 with 5692 viewsHerbivore

What is Fortnite?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:29 - Apr 10 with 5683 viewsartsbossbeard

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:28 - Apr 10 by Herbivore

What is Fortnite?

It's a freebie download game for xbox/PS4 that the 'kidz' are all playing.

Multi-player, online 1st person shooter.

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:31 - Apr 10 with 5664 viewschicoazul

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:28 - Apr 10 by Herbivore

What is Fortnite?

I dont know really but half the people on my FB are playing it, asking one another for tips etc and my FB is almost exclusively 35+ yo misanthropic middle class people.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:31 - Apr 10 with 5659 viewsDanTheMan

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:29 - Apr 10 by artsbossbeard

It's a freebie download game for xbox/PS4 that the 'kidz' are all playing.

Multi-player, online 1st person shooter.

In the now very popular "battle royale" genre.

What's funny is that the original game did not do at all way so they've made this mode riding off the back of another popular game doing basically the same thing and the popularity just exploded.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:32 - Apr 10 with 5652 viewsSuperfrans

Worth limiting his access? 4 hours a day?

Maybe a naive suggestion. I don't have boys and my girls have never been interested in gaming.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:33 - Apr 10 with 5652 viewsITFCBluenose

My son is 15 and is exactly the same. I bought him a bike last week and I'm now using it!

I did, however, take the fuse out of the Xbox and PC last year and said we had a power surge! That worked until he drove me mad!

Poll: Which striker would you sign from Wolves -Sylvan Ebanks-Blake or Kevin Doyle

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:35 - Apr 10 with 5621 viewsfactual_blue

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:31 - Apr 10 by DanTheMan

In the now very popular "battle royale" genre.

What's funny is that the original game did not do at all way so they've made this mode riding off the back of another popular game doing basically the same thing and the popularity just exploded.

Is it one of these things where you end up playing against a South Korean kid who appears to know the game backwards and obliterates you in about three seconds and then launches a tirade of foul-mouthed abuse at you?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:37 - Apr 10 with 5617 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Two teenage stepdaughters (13 and 15) and I swear if I walk into the house one more time and see a poxy YouTube video on the tele of a child opening something or other and documenting it I’m going to have heart failure.
Any parents of young teens about? on 09:37 - Apr 10 with 5600 viewschicoazul

Oh to be a teenager nowadays though. Back in the day you'd come home from school watch Neighbours eat oven chips your mum had left for you then mooch round with your mates down the shop or the park in the rain. Now they get home jump on FIFA connected to 60" tellys get sent naked pictures of the girls in class order Lebanese off JustEat download their homework from essay factories in China and argue about luxury communism on Snapchat.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:39 - Apr 10 with 5588 viewsDanTheMan

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:35 - Apr 10 by factual_blue

Is it one of these things where you end up playing against a South Korean kid who appears to know the game backwards and obliterates you in about three seconds and then launches a tirade of foul-mouthed abuse at you?

No, they prefer more tactical games.

And the foul mouth stuff is usually Americans or Russians.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:39 - Apr 10 with 5582 viewsartsbossbeard

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:35 - Apr 10 by factual_blue

I quit my online gaming over things like this. People just setting up camp near spawning places and then laughing hysterically knowing that you'll be back there in two mins and the same fate awaits.

My worst experience was with F1 201x on the PS3. I spent ages getting the car in race condition, approached the finish line on the first lap in 3rd only to find that someone had simply parked their car across the finish line. Never played F1 online again after that.

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:40 - Apr 10 with 5575 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Be careful, he may end up a numbskull!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:43 - Apr 10 with 5547 viewsartsbossbeard

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:40 - Apr 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

Be careful, he may end up a numbskull!

He's constantly reading out stuff that the numbskulls put on Instagram and twitter to me - he's in awe of some of the stuff that gets written. I think he knows right from wrong.

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:45 - Apr 10 with 5525 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's not healthy is it?

No it's not. Our is only 10 but he's strictly limited to game time despite his friends seemingly being on all the time (we also don't let him play Fortnite or any other shooting games, but he's obviously much younger). An hour at a time max, not on consecutive days and nothing after tea. We often have no screen days (for everyone) - it's amazing how much other stuff you can get done.

It's hell of a battle though - these things are seriously addictive (obviously) and he doesn't seem able to entertain himself like we could when we were younger.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:46 - Apr 10 with 5502 viewsfloridaboy

It's not healthy is it?

Stop feeding him!

Accidentally cut through the cable!

If he won't leave his room give him a potty to toilet in!

Or better still out your foot down and stop him. Your in charge not him!!
Any parents of young teens about? on 09:47 - Apr 10 with 5490 viewshype313

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:45 - Apr 10 by Swansea_Blue

No it's not. Our is only 10 but he's strictly limited to game time despite his friends seemingly being on all the time (we also don't let him play Fortnite or any other shooting games, but he's obviously much younger). An hour at a time max, not on consecutive days and nothing after tea. We often have no screen days (for everyone) - it's amazing how much other stuff you can get done.

It's hell of a battle though - these things are seriously addictive (obviously) and he doesn't seem able to entertain himself like we could when we were younger.

Yeah I'd much rather my boys went down my route as a teenager, skullng mad dog 20/20 and partaking in mild pyrotechnics.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:48 - Apr 10 with 5486 viewsReuser_is_God

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:22 - Apr 10 by Kieran_Knows

I swear i'm the only person on this planet not playing Fortnite at the minute.

I’m not playing it.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:49 - Apr 10 with 5475 viewsartsbossbeard

Any parents of young teens about? on 09:46 - Apr 10 by floridaboy

Stop feeding him!

Accidentally cut through the cable!

If he won't leave his room give him a potty to toilet in!

Or better still out your foot down and stop him. Your in charge not him!!

We've just had a chat and he's agreed to get dressed and go outside today.

He's got 6x mates who all live in spitting distance BUT they don't want to go out either, they all want to sit on their PS4/Xbox's and play online.

What's wrong with hanging out in the park, grabbing sugary drinks from the shop and kicking a football about. I don't get it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024