Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... 12:40 - May 23 with 4659 viewsjampow

Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 12:41 - May 23 with 4178 viewsMagic31

Gotta laugh or I'll cry

Hahahahahahaha
Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 12:41 - May 23 with 4161 viewsKieran_Knows

Can't say I blame him.

'Cheers Jack, they were a couple of cracking interviews you gave us, we really like what you have to say, BUT, can you happen to wait 2/3 weeks, we'd just really like to talk to Hurst. However, if he isn't interested, the job is yours'.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 12:42 - May 23 with 4112 viewsportmanking

Just pathetic. So all this commotion about a guy Evans really wasn't that keen on? Our administration is so non-league it's untrue. Seriously considering going back on my ST...
Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 12:43 - May 23 with 4094 viewsLankHenners

That's a blow if he was as good as ours but lost out because we were being over diligent.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 12:43 - May 23 with 4095 viewsSomethingBlue

Thought this would happen, almost to the letter.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 12:43 - May 23 with 4045 viewsFrimleyBlue

Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 12:41 - May 23 by Kieran_Knows

Can't say I blame him.

'Cheers Jack, they were a couple of cracking interviews you gave us, we really like what you have to say, BUT, can you happen to wait 2/3 weeks, we'd just really like to talk to Hurst. However, if he isn't interested, the job is yours'.

IF TRUE

That is really shambolic from Marcus

99% of fans been screaming for him to get the job.

Main target was to get fans back on side etc

WHAT A FK UP

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 12:44 - May 23 with 3997 viewsSWGF

I'm filing this one under "A kick in the rocks"

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 12:44 - May 23 with 3964 viewsFrimleyBlue

Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 12:43 - May 23 by LankHenners

That's a blow if he was as good as ours but lost out because we were being over diligent.

IF it were me deciding, I couldn't take the risk in waiting for Hurst, by FrimleyBlue 17 May 2018 10:00
Imagine waiting, end up with neither of them and then have to look at the likes of Megson, Pardew etc.

Get him in Evans, ticks all the boxes, season ticket sales will immediately increase. The fans will be buzzing. There's no reason to risk it and wait for Hurst

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 12:45 - May 23 with 3928 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 12:46 - May 23 with 3891 viewshype313

Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 12:43 - May 23 by FrimleyBlue

IF TRUE

That is really shambolic from Marcus

99% of fans been screaming for him to get the job.

Main target was to get fans back on side etc

WHAT A FK UP

What if Ross wasn't Marcus's number one target?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 12:47 - May 23 with 3846 viewsFrimleyBlue

Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 12:46 - May 23 by hype313

What if Ross wasn't Marcus's number one target?

Then he's not doing what would have IMO got the fans back as much as he said he wanted too

Waka waka eh eh

Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 12:48 - May 23 with 3813 viewsSaigonTractor

Knew this would happen. We're going to spend too long screwing about with Hurst and Ross and we're going to end up with Pardew or Sherwood
Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 12:48 - May 23 with 3811 viewshype313

Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 12:47 - May 23 by FrimleyBlue

Then he's not doing what would have IMO got the fans back as much as he said he wanted too

What Tosh.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 12:49 - May 23 with 3782 viewsoldollie

Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 12:47 - May 23 by FrimleyBlue

Embarrassing owner

Evans out stinking rich Arab owner in
Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 12:49 - May 23 with 3762 viewsmonty_radio

Apart from being nearer his home, and more money (is there an "apart"?) it shows his ambition and self-belief that those who've checked him out never doubted.

Perhaps with the money for the squad on offer he thought he might achieve a St Mirren with Town, but at most only a top six version.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 13:03 - May 23 with 3609 viewsdavblue

Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 12:43 - May 23 by SomethingBlue

Thought this would happen, almost to the letter.

Can't say im surprised at all.
Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 13:07 - May 23 with 3545 viewsvilanovablue

Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 12:41 - May 23 by Kieran_Knows

Can't say I blame him.

Or alternatively he was offered more money (they still have parachute payments £41 million for next season), it is in League one and he doesn't see it as big a risk as going straight to the Championship.

Finally we weren't in the interview and maybe he wasn't as impressive as the media image he has generated for himself, just a thought.

If we could all calm down that would be good.
Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 13:10 - May 23 with 3487 viewsChiefXL

Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 12:45 - May 23 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

No, this situation can happen in any business at any time.
Which probably makes it even more of an omnishambles.
Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 13:11 - May 23 with 3460 viewsTJS

If this turns out to be true I can't say I'm remotely surprised.
This is exactly what I was concerned about last week..
It was quite clear the majority of supporters wanted him and he should have been offered the job immediately.
Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 13:14 - May 23 with 3414 viewsDarth_Koont

Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 12:48 - May 23 by hype313

What Tosh.

Agreed.

Sure some names will be more exciting than others but it's the football in the first two months that's going to bring people back. And over 2 or 3 years if a boost in attendances is going to be anything more than a blip.

It would be madness not to go for the best choice over the long term. Which might have been Ross, may still be Hurst or even someone else completely off the rumour radar.

Pronouns: He/Him

Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 13:16 - May 23 with 3387 viewsVic

Can't say I blame him.

Massive flounce. ME has said he’s got an open mind so he almost certainly wants to talk to all his options and keep the door open. It’s very unlikely the job was Hursts to lose even before and sinterview. Conversation with JR more likely this:

“Thanks Jack, appreciate you making time to talk. Impressed with your drive and passion and it certainly seems to fit with ours. But As you know we’re interviewing for the next couple of weeks and I’ll let you know first week of June, if not before.”

“No problem Mr Evans, I’m very impressed by what you’ve said and the set up you have; would love to be part of it. Hiwever, I should also mention that I’ve other interviews, and if anything changes I’ll let you know.”

It’s likely that not only have Sunderland beaten us on salary but have also promised a large transfer kitty. Who wouldn’t see that as a huge plus. In addition, Div 1 is probably much more akin to the level of footie Jack has been used to.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 13:16 - May 23 with 3368 viewsbluelou

Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 13:11 - May 23 by TJS

If this turns out to be true I can't say I'm remotely surprised.
This is exactly what I was concerned about last week..
It was quite clear the majority of supporters wanted him and he should have been offered the job immediately.

Given the Sunderland interest would he have accepted though?

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 13:19 - May 23 with 3333 viewsReuser_is_God

That sums it up.

Evans fcuking dithering about the melt.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 13:19 - May 23 with 3332 viewssoclopath

Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 12:48 - May 23 by SaigonTractor

Knew this would happen. We're going to spend too long screwing about with Hurst and Ross and we're going to end up with Pardew or Sherwood

We'll end up with some creating of the tossers roundabout
Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 13:20 - May 23 with 3306 viewsTJS

Ross was impressed with how keen Sunderland were... on 13:16 - May 23 by bluelou

Given the Sunderland interest would he have accepted though?

Possibly not but at least we would have done all we could to get him in rather than dithering.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024