Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD Remainers 09:01 - Jul 11 with 11341 viewsGlasgowBlue

With May offering continued EU membership in all but name and Jezza’s “Hard Brexit” stance, how would you vote if a snap General election was called tomorrow?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

TWTD Remainers on 10:12 - Jul 11 with 3015 viewsNo9

TWTD Remainers on 09:56 - Jul 11 by SomethingBlue

Are there any positive reasons to vote Conservative? Surely anyone with a brain would rather avoid a sinking ship that, within a decade, will be wrecked for good.

Dont foget the fact it is they who opened the seacock on the sinking ship
TWTD Remainers on 10:13 - Jul 11 with 3016 viewstractordownsouth

I'd vote Lib Dem. I agree with them on brexit, i'm socially liberal and quite centrist economically. Plus my seat is a Tory LD marginal where the Tory won by 312 votes in 2017

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

TWTD Remainers on 10:13 - Jul 11 with 3014 viewsBluefish

TWTD Remainers on 10:11 - Jul 11 by GlasgowBlue

Ha! you've only gone and done a Dollers again (copyright SB)

Follow the wise advice of ABB reply once and then simply wish him good day and don't reply again. Best advice ever on here.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

TWTD Remainers on 10:18 - Jul 11 with 3008 viewsWeWereZombies

TWTD Remainers on 10:03 - Jul 11 by GlasgowBlue

I can't think of a single reason.

Now back to my original question. General election tomorrow. One party has a soft Brexit policy, the other advocates hard.

If you are a remainer, who will you vote for? I really didn't think this was going to be a particualy hard question for so many people to answer.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2018 10:04]

There are more than two parties, you are qualifying your original proposal at a, hopefully, very late stage.

Benjamin Zephaniah, whoever he was standing for and if he could see his way to moving to Skye and Lochalsh, by the way.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

TWTD Remainers on 10:23 - Jul 11 with 2990 viewsDarkHorse

It's like being asked if you'd prefer to be shot or stabbed. What a mess.

The best thing to do right now is to join the Labour party and agitate for the removal of Corbyn and the Trots.
TWTD Remainers on 10:32 - Jul 11 with 2978 viewsGuthrum

Depends rather on the local candidates. I won't vote for someone I consider disreputable to be my representative, however much I may lean towards their party's policies.

On that particular issue, I'd go with May's "softish Brexit".

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

TWTD Remainers on 10:35 - Jul 11 with 2972 viewsSpruceMoose

TWTD Remainers on 10:11 - Jul 11 by GlasgowBlue

Ha! you've only gone and done a Dollers again (copyright SB)

Don't you get bored of doing this every day?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

TWTD Remainers on 10:36 - Jul 11 with 2968 viewsNo9

TWTD Remainers on 10:35 - Jul 11 by SpruceMoose

Pay is good
Login to get fewer ads

TWTD Remainers on 10:42 - Jul 11 with 2953 viewsHerbivore

The Labour Party support having a customs union with the EU, which would be a form of soft Brexit: https://labour.org.uk/issues/labours-plan-brexit/

The premise of the whole thread is erroneous on that basis alone, but you know that and are just pointlessly stirring. Again.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

TWTD Remainers on 10:52 - Jul 11 with 2941 viewsBluefish

The way i see it is that he is going to the same place as you, posting in the same way as you but the difference is that he is engaging a bit more in debate. So do you get bored because you are doing the same but actually doing less

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

TWTD Remainers on 10:54 - Jul 11 with 2935 viewschicoazul

Oh the irony.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

TWTD Remainers on 10:57 - Jul 11 with 2923 viewsArcher4721

TWTD Remainers on 10:42 - Jul 11 by Herbivore

The Labour Party support having a customs union with the EU, which would be a form of soft Brexit: https://labour.org.uk/issues/labours-plan-brexit/

The premise of the whole thread is erroneous on that basis alone, but you know that and are just pointlessly stirring. Again.

And free movement within EU, which is a million miles away from what May is proposing.

Poor Glassers wanders from one lie to another like his Buffoon hero.

TWTD Remainers on 10:59 - Jul 11 with 2917 viewsGlasgowBlue

TWTD Remainers on 10:57 - Jul 11 by Archer4721

And free movement within EU, which is a million miles away from what May is proposing.

Oh dear.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-free-movement-peopl

Iron Lion Zion

TWTD Remainers on 11:01 - Jul 11 with 2911 viewsGlasgowBlue

TWTD Remainers on 10:54 - Jul 11 by chicoazul

Oh the irony.

Sprucey should demand a refund from the peiople who ran that self awareness course he recently attended.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2018 11:01]

Iron Lion Zion

TWTD Remainers on 11:03 - Jul 11 with 2902 viewsNo9

TWTD Remainers on 10:57 - Jul 11 by Archer4721

Frankly from what Mrs May has said and from what the Leader of the House has stated I don't see how anyone can begin to understand what ending 'free movement ' will mean.

Anyone who understands trading with the EU will know without 'free movement' that trade is in jeopardy.
TWTD Remainers on 11:12 - Jul 11 with 2888 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

TWTD Remainers on 10:13 - Jul 11 by tractordownsouth

I'd vote Lib Dem. I agree with them on brexit, i'm socially liberal and quite centrist economically. Plus my seat is a Tory LD marginal where the Tory won by 312 votes in 2017

Same here. Lib Dem on the principal that they would keep us in the EU. Everyone else can just shut up
TWTD Remainers on 11:14 - Jul 11 with 2879 viewsGlasgowBlue

TWTD Remainers on 10:13 - Jul 11 by tractordownsouth

Now that's the sort of intelegent respose I was hoping to see when posing the question. And you are in a seat where a few votes could make the difference.

Iron Lion Zion

TWTD Remainers on 11:30 - Jul 11 with 2853 viewsKeno

TWTD Remainers on 09:24 - Jul 11 by Bluefish

Make sure you take a dog with you and take a photo

I always go in disguise so they dint know its me

then my vote is secret!!

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

TWTD Remainers on 12:21 - Jul 11 with 2810 viewsvapour_trail

There are better ways to spend the ten hour wait before the game than having another argument with the same people about jeremy corbyn on twtd.

Take a day off man.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

TWTD Remainers on 12:26 - Jul 11 with 2796 viewsSeablu

TWTD Remainers on 11:14 - Jul 11 by GlasgowBlue

Now that's the sort of intelegent respose I was hoping to see when posing the question. And you are in a seat where a few votes could make the difference.

Intelligent.
Response.

Condescension loses its impact when you arse it up like that.
TWTD Remainers on 12:27 - Jul 11 with 2798 viewsGlasgowBlue

TWTD Remainers on 12:21 - Jul 11 by vapour_trail

There are better ways to spend the ten hour wait before the game than having another argument with the same people about jeremy corbyn on twtd.

Take a day off man.

It's not about Jermemy Corbyn and it's not an argument. Its a valid qestion to ask.

One party is on the path to a soft Brexit. The other is on a harder path. Surely that influences how people will vote?

Have you posted the same response to people posting on these threads 10 hours before the football?

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely by factual_blue 11 Jul 2018 8:37
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/10/opinion/boris-johnson-resignation-brexit.html

James O'brien line a moment ago re Brexit by nrb1985 10 Jul 2018 11:55
had me rolling in the aisles. When discussing leavers blaming remainers for the fact Brexit is going so wrong:

"Blaming fire alarms for fires"

Beautifully summed up.

The EU - would anyone want the UK to become a full member by homer_123 11 Jul 2018 9:11
with all that entails? (the Euro etc.).

Trumps having another brain fart by giant_stow 11 Jul 2018 12:11
.too many things going on to keep up at the moment!

No? I don't suppose you have.

Iron Lion Zion

TWTD Remainers on 12:31 - Jul 11 with 2779 viewsHerbivore

TWTD Remainers on 12:27 - Jul 11 by GlasgowBlue

It's not about Jermemy Corbyn and it's not an argument. Its a valid qestion to ask.

One party is on the path to a soft Brexit. The other is on a harder path. Surely that influences how people will vote?

Have you posted the same response to people posting on these threads 10 hours before the football?

I think this sums up the odious toad nicely by factual_blue 11 Jul 2018 8:37
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/10/opinion/boris-johnson-resignation-brexit.html

James O'brien line a moment ago re Brexit by nrb1985 10 Jul 2018 11:55
had me rolling in the aisles. When discussing leavers blaming remainers for the fact Brexit is going so wrong:

"Blaming fire alarms for fires"

Beautifully summed up.

The EU - would anyone want the UK to become a full member by homer_123 11 Jul 2018 9:11
with all that entails? (the Euro etc.).

Trumps having another brain fart by giant_stow 11 Jul 2018 12:11
.too many things going on to keep up at the moment!

No? I don't suppose you have.

Except that Labour's Brexit policy isn't harder, they want a customs union with the EU. You've conveniently ignored that, so here it is again: https://labour.org.uk/issues/labours-plan-brexit/

You posting newspaper articles about Corbyn is not as relevant as evidence as Labour's policy, published on their own website. You know this though, so stop pretending this isn't just you being a childish knobhead looking to play party politics once again.

TWTD Remainers on 12:39 - Jul 11 with 2770 viewsGlasgowBlue

TWTD Remainers on 12:31 - Jul 11 by Herbivore

Except that Labour's Brexit policy isn't harder, they want a customs union with the EU. You've conveniently ignored that, so here it is again: https://labour.org.uk/issues/labours-plan-brexit/

You posting newspaper articles about Corbyn is not as relevant as evidence as Labour's policy, published on their own website. You know this though, so stop pretending this isn't just you being a childish knobhead looking to play party politics once again.

I linked the leader of the Labour Party's own words. End to Freedom of movement. Leaving the single market. When the Tories propose that it is called "hard Brexit".

He doesn't propose staying in "the" customs union. He is proposing "a" customs union.

You could call it having your cake and eating it.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2018 12:47]

Iron Lion Zion

TWTD Remainers on 12:44 - Jul 11 with 2757 viewsHerbivore

TWTD Remainers on 12:39 - Jul 11 by GlasgowBlue

I linked the leader of the Labour Party's own words. End to Freedom of movement. Leaving the single market. When the Tories propose that it is called "hard Brexit".

He doesn't propose staying in "the" customs union. He is proposing "a" customs union.

You could call it having your cake and eating it.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2018 12:47]

Thanks for finally acknowledging that Labour intend to have a customs union with the EU and therefore are proposing a soft Brexit. Then Tories appear to have actually moved towards Labour's position but with language that stops short of speaking about unions so they remain harder than Labour on Brexit, though not by much. You can let the thread die now.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2018 12:50]

TWTD Remainers on 12:45 - Jul 11 with 2757 viewsJ2BLUE

Obviously I wasn't a remainer but I would either vote Labour (small chance) or vote for the Green Party as a protest vote.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024