Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... 11:03 - Aug 2 with 5378 viewsSitfcB

...I am surprised that we are two days away from the season starting and he hasn’t got a new job.

Odds that he gets one around November/December when a team is struggling??
[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 11:03]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 11:05 - Aug 2 with 4207 viewsReuser_is_God

Super Mick? Isn’t he on Radio Suffolk anymore then?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 11:05 - Aug 2 with 4209 viewsMullet

He will get a massive contract off a desperate owner like he did with us. I’d say he will be all over the media between now and then.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 11:07 - Aug 2 with 4174 viewsDarth_Koont

I think he's always going to stand a better chance of getting a job when clubs are staring down the barrel or looking like they're losing their way.

Summer appointments seem to be far more about aspirations. Mid-season ones are more about reality. Hopefully Hurst is about both.

Pronouns: He/Him

I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 11:07 - Aug 2 with 4164 viewsGeoffSentence

He will be in charge of the budgies when we. Play them at Marrow Road. And he still won't get a win in an East Anglian derby.

Dec info.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 11:10 - Aug 2 with 4087 viewssolemio

I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 11:07 - Aug 2 by GeoffSentence

He will be in charge of the budgies when we. Play them at Marrow Road. And he still won't get a win in an East Anglian derby.

Dec info.

Sounds more like Ant info to me.
I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 11:12 - Aug 2 with 4047 viewsMugwump

I think the excellent article linked on here yesterday from Loft for Words sums Mick up quite nicely.

"Be careful what you wish for"

"But I’d be willing to bet none of those looking down their noses at Town fans for daring to want a bit more than, oh, I don’t know, playing for seven and a half hours at home without scoring a goal, actually had to sit and watch McCarthy’s Ipswich regularly/at all"
I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 11:12 - Aug 2 with 4043 viewsMachoMan_RandySavage

I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 11:07 - Aug 2 by GeoffSentence

Dec info.

OHHH YEAH

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!

I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 11:13 - Aug 2 with 4026 viewscobbler

I’m not if clubs want to keep their fans then best give him a wide berth .
Login to get fewer ads

I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 11:14 - Aug 2 with 4005 viewsNo9

There are a ot of unemployed football 'managers' available for hire.

Not all have a record of pi$$ing off clubs income stream.
I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 11:19 - Aug 2 with 3954 viewsFrimleyBlue

Mick imo will struggle to get another job at this level

I can see him going to a league 2 club.

One thing we know as fact. Attendances dropped considerably under Mick, His style may suit a club who like we were, fighting relegation, but no club with aspirations will touch him.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 11:22 - Aug 2 with 3921 viewsDarth_Koont

I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 11:13 - Aug 2 by cobbler

I’m not if clubs want to keep their fans then best give him a wide berth .

Although that's not really true. Under Mick's first 3 years he brought fans back and stopped the overall slide that's been going on since Royle. It was the last couple of seasons that really caused the problem - both on and off the pitch.

Pronouns: He/Him

I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 11:22 - Aug 2 with 3912 viewsSomethingBlue

I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 11:19 - Aug 2 by FrimleyBlue

One thing we know as fact. Attendances dropped considerably under Mick, His style may suit a club who like we were, fighting relegation, but no club with aspirations will touch him.

Wherever Mick ends up, it will be higher than League Two.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 11:27 - Aug 2 with 3861 viewsGuthrum

He might not have wanted any of the jobs on offer over the summer. Remember, he turned down Forest after being sacked by Wolves and it was only some months later he took the position at Ipswich. Desperate clubs may make better offers and, like Warnock, he is good at coming in to sort out a mess.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

He'll be employed by the New Year.... on 11:27 - Aug 2 with 3853 viewsBloots

....I expect.

My money's on Reading (or QPR).

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 11:33 - Aug 2 with 3781 viewsMullet

What were they in 2012?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 11:41 - Aug 2 with 3732 viewsGuthrum

The decline in average attendances slowed in his first two seasons (from 1.5k per year in the previous two, to under 500), then grew considerably in 2014-15.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 11:53 - Aug 2 with 3613 viewsSteve_M

Remarkably consistent, consistently wrong.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 12:04 - Aug 2 with 3530 viewsNo9

I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 11:53 - Aug 2 by Steve_M

Remarkably consistent, consistently wrong.

Do you really think MM will get a good job baring in mind the out of work competition?
I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 12:08 - Aug 2 with 3485 viewsSomethingBlue

I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 12:04 - Aug 2 by No9

Do you really think MM will get a good job baring in mind the out of work competition?

*Bearing

Depends on the job.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 12:11 - Aug 2 with 3454 viewswkj

Mick is still employed by ITFC and is now here to do post match interviews on Hurst's behalf. good stuff

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 12:14 - Aug 2 with 3418 viewsOsborneOneNil

I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 11:27 - Aug 2 by Guthrum

He might not have wanted any of the jobs on offer over the summer. Remember, he turned down Forest after being sacked by Wolves and it was only some months later he took the position at Ipswich. Desperate clubs may make better offers and, like Warnock, he is good at coming in to sort out a mess.

I wonder what job offers he received this summer?

My guess is not many at all.
I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 12:29 - Aug 2 with 3321 viewswkj

I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 12:14 - Aug 2 by OsborneOneNil

I wonder what job offers he received this summer?

My guess is not many at all.

I would be surprised if his name wasn't in the hat for Sunderland

Crybaby

I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 12:32 - Aug 2 with 3306 viewsTractorWood

I don't think it's odd at all. He is no one's first choice but when throwing money at average players doesn't work by November the Derby, Leeds, Boro, Villa etc. will be scrambling for his services.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 12:34 - Aug 2 with 3296 viewswkj

I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 12:32 - Aug 2 by TractorWood

I don't think it's odd at all. He is no one's first choice but when throwing money at average players doesn't work by November the Derby, Leeds, Boro, Villa etc. will be scrambling for his services.

Derby I doubt, I don't think they would see him as significant enough- Boro is a possibility, but I doubt Pulis will do too badly there. Leeds and Villa quite possibly

Crybaby

I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 12:51 - Aug 2 with 3195 viewsGarv

I must admit, as an ex lover of Super Mick... on 12:34 - Aug 2 by wkj

Derby I doubt, I don't think they would see him as significant enough- Boro is a possibility, but I doubt Pulis will do too badly there. Leeds and Villa quite possibly

I think if Pulis doesn't cut it they won't go for Mick as a replacement to be honest.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 12:52]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024