Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see The Maximum Leader 13:26 - Aug 13 with 46261 viewschicoazul

is refusing to apologise for something else this week.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-quit-labour-sajid-j

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:32 - Aug 13 with 1339 viewsBrixtonBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 15:53 - Aug 13 by brazil1982

"Worked for peace" - what exactly has he achieved in that field? What "peace" has he brokered? What "work" has he been credited with?

Read his wikipedia page. I can't be bothered to copy and paste it anymore. You won't listen, just discredit it in some way, so what's the point.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:33 - Aug 13 with 1329 viewsStokieBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:13 - Aug 13 by Darth_Koont

I don't think supporting those in a weaker, minority position is supporting the wrong horse. It's most often the right horse if we're going to make the world a better place. Otherwise it's power and the status quo that quite literally dictates the world.

It was right to support Argentina?

In what possible way can that statement be justified?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:36 - Aug 13 with 1324 viewsBrixtonBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:15 - Aug 13 by GlasgowBlue

What peace has he actually achieved?

He could literally drop kick puppies into the Thames whilst dressed as Hitker and you would find a way of defending him.

Silly Glassers will be silly.

I'm not going to bother linking stuff. I've linked it all before and you're not interested.

Just like you're not interested in policies, just personalities (and how you can discredit them).

You are what's wrong with politics in this country.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:38 - Aug 13 with 1314 viewsZedRodgers

I see The Maximum Leader on 13:32 - Aug 13 by GlasgowBlue

WARNING- GRAPHIC IMAGES AND DESCRIPTION IN LINK by GlasgowBlue 13 Aug 2018 8:05
Perhaps I’m being a little harsh on JC. He was obviously on a Thompson’s package holiday to Tunisia the way you do. He pops out early one morning for a stroll, hoping to pick up a day old copy of the Morning Star and walked past the local cemetery. A few random guys appear & ask him to honour some graves, and what can he politely do but agree? How’s he supposed to know it’s the Munich terrorists who are buried here?

Same thing happened a few years earlier when him, ken Livingstone and John McDonnell went on a stag weekend to Dublin. He leaves the other two in their B&B to sleep off their hangovers and wanders in to what he thinks is a village fun day. A couple of nice fellas wearing black balaclavas, berets and combat jackets ask him to join in a minutes silence for what he assumed was the recently departed chairman of the Rotary Club. How was he supposed to know he was honouring five IRA terrorists recently shot dead by the security services whilst they were attempting to blow up a Police station?

Poor old JC really must be the unluckiest anti racist peace campaigner.

I really do question the way you were brought up. You reek more and more of churlish naiviety with every post I see.

In the current political climate it’s a real shame that people like you, Dan Hodges and the rest of your clown gang are leeching off slurs like this as if it’s some kind of sport. Are there not bigger fish to fry than the occupants of the graveyard which the leader of the opposition visited once. The man is clearly not on a one-man mission to mourn as many terrorists as possible. Why are you so obsessed in making that the narrative? Would somebody stood by Churchill’s grave be villified because they were in the presence of a man who used chemical weapons to kill civilians?

It’s remarkable that a man can be labelled as antisemetic and simultaneously be labelled as a full-on Marxist, propelled to his position by Momentum - an organisation founded by a Jewish man.

Grow up.

No, not at the moment

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:42 - Aug 13 with 1296 viewsbrazil1982

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:32 - Aug 13 by BrixtonBlue

Read his wikipedia page. I can't be bothered to copy and paste it anymore. You won't listen, just discredit it in some way, so what's the point.

I've had a quick look and I'm struggling to see what peace he has brokered and what peace initiatives he's been credited with.
I see The Maximum Leader on 16:43 - Aug 13 with 1296 viewsgiant_stow

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:36 - Aug 13 by BrixtonBlue

I'm not going to bother linking stuff. I've linked it all before and you're not interested.

Just like you're not interested in policies, just personalities (and how you can discredit them).

if only it were all GBs fault - we could exile him and be done with it!

You'd still be left with a labour party that decent people are struggling to support though, not to mention one which is wilfully ignoring it's core vote in matters of brexit.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:43 - Aug 13 with 1287 viewsDarth_Koont

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:30 - Aug 13 by giant_stow

So what do you believe this all about Darth? Are these incidents made up and all those feeling disenfranchised by labour simply wrong?

No, the incidents themselves aren't made up but they're lacking in facts to carry the actual insinuations behind them. For me, it's like throwing a load of big red bus statements at the debate containing the emotionally charged subjects of anti-semitism and terrorism.

Accusing people of terrorist sympathising or anti-semitism have been standard tactics used before. Not only that, too many of the accusers have far too much party political, religious and ideological skin in the game.

Last but not least, the tactic of discrediting and smearing is too engrained in our politics and press to be missing here. People blindly accepting the Daily Mail's slapdash version of events? People need to wake up.

Pronouns: He/Him

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:46 - Aug 13 with 1272 viewslowhouseblue

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:36 - Aug 13 by BrixtonBlue

i think the 'he's worked all his life for peace' is the biggest lie in this whole depressing corbyn saga.

what he has done for 30 years is support every cause which has been opposed to the west. that often involved supporting / excusing / consorting with thugs, dictators or terrorists. to then claim that he was connected to those people because he was trying to get them to compromise or disarm, or reform or denounce violence is a lie on an industrial scale. he was connected to those people purely because he took their side against the west.

it's usually people who hadn't heard of corbyn before 2015 who claim that he was a peace campaigner.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:50 - Aug 13 with 1255 viewsDarth_Koont

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:33 - Aug 13 by StokieBlue

SB

In what way is he supporting Argentina?

He's a pacifist who disagreed with us going to war and is talking about finding a resolution to a question that is still ongoing (in Argentina at least).

In what way was it a good thing to fight a war over the Falklands and perhaps risk another?

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:50 - Aug 13 with 1250 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:19 - Aug 13 by Steve_M

Really, beneath me? I've made two comparisons on this thread for illustrative purposes, one you happened to agree with the other you don't like. Both remain valid in my view.

Corbyn laid a wreath on the graves of terrorists, not the victims of those terrorists who included the Israeli athletes massacred at Munich let's not forget. That's not reconciliation.

Just don't use similar illustrative examples in relation to Israel! Interedting to see GB fanboy Lowhouse giving you uppies in this instance!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:50 - Aug 13 with 1250 viewsStokieBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:38 - Aug 13 by ZedRodgers

I really do question the way you were brought up. You reek more and more of churlish naiviety with every post I see.

In the current political climate it’s a real shame that people like you, Dan Hodges and the rest of your clown gang are leeching off slurs like this as if it’s some kind of sport. Are there not bigger fish to fry than the occupants of the graveyard which the leader of the opposition visited once. The man is clearly not on a one-man mission to mourn as many terrorists as possible. Why are you so obsessed in making that the narrative? Would somebody stood by Churchill’s grave be villified because they were in the presence of a man who used chemical weapons to kill civilians?

It’s remarkable that a man can be labelled as antisemetic and simultaneously be labelled as a full-on Marxist, propelled to his position by Momentum - an organisation founded by a Jewish man.

Grow up.

"It’s remarkable that a man can be labelled as antisemetic and simultaneously be labelled as a full-on Marxist, propelled to his position by Momentum - an organisation founded by a Jewish man."

Surely the person who founded Momentum is irrelevant? Are you saying he exercises full control over all decisions? That founding was also done before any of this stuff was in the public eye.

He's also an atheist so your justification isn't really true.

SB

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:53 - Aug 13 with 1237 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:33 - Aug 13 by StokieBlue

SB

Because we have no claim to little islands in the Southern hemisphere maybe!

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:56 - Aug 13 with 1232 viewsmrshallisfit

Love how so many of our more right leaning posters focus on the really important central issues of politics today. I mean it's not as if the internal politics of the governing party in the past 3 years has driven us to political and economic chaos relating to our status in Europe. It's not as if the further right of that party wants us to align to the worst elements of US Wild West capitalism and preys on nasty low-level bigotry in parts of the electorate.
I see The Maximum Leader on 16:57 - Aug 13 with 1226 viewsBrixtonBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:42 - Aug 13 by brazil1982

I've had a quick look and I'm struggling to see what peace he has brokered and what peace initiatives he's been credited with.

I said 'worked for" peace. Dialogue. It might not always be successful, or not immediately.

I said I wouldn't do this, but here you go;

Corbyn does not consider himself an absolute pacifist.. However, opposing violence and war has been "the whole purpose of his life".[266] He prominently opposed the invasion of Iraq and war in Afghanistan, NATO-led military intervention in Libya,[267] military strikes against Assad's Syria, and military action against ISIS, and served as the chair of the Stop The War Coalition.[268] He has called for Tony Blair to be investigated for alleged war crimes during the Iraq War.[269]

In 2013, Corbyn was awarded the Gandhi International Peace Award for his "consistent efforts over a 30-year parliamentary career to uphold the Gandhian values of social justice and non‐violence."[368][369] In the same year, he was honoured by the Grassroot Diplomat Initiative for his "ongoing support for a number of non-government organisations and civil causes".

In December 2017 he was one of three recipients awarded the Seán MacBride Peace Prize "for his sustained and powerful political work for disarmament and peace".[373]

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:58 - Aug 13 with 1223 viewsStokieBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:50 - Aug 13 by Darth_Koont

In what way is he supporting Argentina?

He's a pacifist who disagreed with us going to war and is talking about finding a resolution to a question that is still ongoing (in Argentina at least).

In what way was it a good thing to fight a war over the Falklands and perhaps risk another?

You were asked a direct question in which three causes he supported were listed. I assumed your answer was about those, you talked about supporting the little guy, if it wasn't and you totally ignored the three examples, why was that?

The Falklands saw British citizens invaded, it was of course right to reverse that, the Argentinians weren't going to leave because we said please, they had too much to lose although it is of course a shame it had to result in a war.

SB

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:58 - Aug 13 with 1220 viewsDarth_Koont

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:50 - Aug 13 by StokieBlue

"It’s remarkable that a man can be labelled as antisemetic and simultaneously be labelled as a full-on Marxist, propelled to his position by Momentum - an organisation founded by a Jewish man."

Surely the person who founded Momentum is irrelevant? Are you saying he exercises full control over all decisions? That founding was also done before any of this stuff was in the public eye.

He's also an atheist so your justification isn't really true.

SB

For an anti-semite it's also amazing the number of Jewish people and organisations who support him and are calling out the attacks on him as smears. Maybe they're Jews who don't get anti-semitism or maybe it's because they are actually used to being on the receiving end of these tactics themselves when they're fighting against the conventional pro-Israeli view of the Middle east conflict?

Something's got to give because this just doesn't add up.

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:00 - Aug 13 with 1208 viewsStokieBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:58 - Aug 13 by Darth_Koont

For an anti-semite it's also amazing the number of Jewish people and organisations who support him and are calling out the attacks on him as smears. Maybe they're Jews who don't get anti-semitism or maybe it's because they are actually used to being on the receiving end of these tactics themselves when they're fighting against the conventional pro-Israeli view of the Middle east conflict?

Something's got to give because this just doesn't add up.

I agree it's interesting that there is still support from the Jewish community, although with the recent newspaper articles and continual examples I wonder if that is diminishing?

I'm not sure he is an antisemite but the shear number of bad decisions is worrying either way. He does seem to have a blind-spot on the issue.

As you say, something will give one way or the other soon.

SB
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 17:04]

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:01 - Aug 13 with 1206 viewsSteve_M

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:50 - Aug 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

Just don't use similar illustrative examples in relation to Israel! Interedting to see GB fanboy Lowhouse giving you uppies in this instance!

It's a specific comparison of a real memorial with a hypothetical one though not a trivialisation of genocide.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 17:05]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:01 - Aug 13 with 1206 viewsBrixtonBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:43 - Aug 13 by giant_stow

if only it were all GBs fault - we could exile him and be done with it!

You'd still be left with a labour party that decent people are struggling to support though, not to mention one which is wilfully ignoring it's core vote in matters of brexit.

It's not ALL Glassers' fault, I wouldn't give him THAT much credit, but it's people like him who are only interested in smearing their rivals (and Tory Central Office who are drip-feeding these smears into the public consciousness).

When do you ever see Glassers posting anything about Corbyn's policies?

I rest my case.

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:03 - Aug 13 with 1199 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:58 - Aug 13 by StokieBlue

You were asked a direct question in which three causes he supported were listed. I assumed your answer was about those, you talked about supporting the little guy, if it wasn't and you totally ignored the three examples, why was that?

The Falklands saw British citizens invaded, it was of course right to reverse that, the Argentinians weren't going to leave because we said please, they had too much to lose although it is of course a shame it had to result in a war.

SB

".......although it is of course a shame it had to result in a war. "

Had to Stokie, what if it had been the Russians.....I think not!

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:03 - Aug 13 with 1198 viewsDarth_Koont

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:58 - Aug 13 by StokieBlue

SB

Might be because I was actually focusing on the thread.

Bring the Falklands into a general discussion of his pacifism but it's perfectly acceptable to have a different view of it and the overall legitimacy of an armed conflict. Personally, I see the reason to defend the Falklanders but was never that happy with the glee with which that war was pursued and some of the decisions that were taken. Then again, I took an early dislike to Maggie.

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:04 - Aug 13 with 1200 viewsbaxterbasics

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:46 - Aug 13 by lowhouseblue

i think the 'he's worked all his life for peace' is the biggest lie in this whole depressing corbyn saga.

what he has done for 30 years is support every cause which has been opposed to the west. that often involved supporting / excusing / consorting with thugs, dictators or terrorists. to then claim that he was connected to those people because he was trying to get them to compromise or disarm, or reform or denounce violence is a lie on an industrial scale. he was connected to those people purely because he took their side against the west.

it's usually people who hadn't heard of corbyn before 2015 who claim that he was a peace campaigner.

It all falls back to his position as an 'ard lefty. When capitalism is the root cause of all evil in the world, this justifies all kinds of unpalatable positions.

This is what, I think, really underpins the lefts disdain for Israel. They are far from the worst actors on the globe when it comes to human rights abuses, but because they are so tied in with western capitalism, it is targeted.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:04 - Aug 13 with 1194 viewsBrixtonBlue

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:43 - Aug 13 by Darth_Koont

No, the incidents themselves aren't made up but they're lacking in facts to carry the actual insinuations behind them. For me, it's like throwing a load of big red bus statements at the debate containing the emotionally charged subjects of anti-semitism and terrorism.

Accusing people of terrorist sympathising or anti-semitism have been standard tactics used before. Not only that, too many of the accusers have far too much party political, religious and ideological skin in the game.

Last but not least, the tactic of discrediting and smearing is too engrained in our politics and press to be missing here. People blindly accepting the Daily Mail's slapdash version of events? People need to wake up.

Spot on.

Lots see through it... but unfortunately lots don't as well.

I see The Maximum Leader on 17:05 - Aug 13 with 1189 viewschicoazul

I see The Maximum Leader on 16:19 - Aug 13 by Steve_M

Really, beneath me? I've made two comparisons on this thread for illustrative purposes, one you happened to agree with the other you don't like. Both remain valid in my view.

Corbyn laid a wreath on the graves of terrorists, not the victims of those terrorists who included the Israeli athletes massacred at Munich let's not forget. That's not reconciliation.

DK always likes to tell people he thinks what they are saying is beneath them, avatar of all our consciences as he is.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:07 - Aug 13 with 1181 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:01 - Aug 13 by Steve_M

It's a specific comparison of a real memorial with a hypothetical one though not a trivialisation of genocide.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 17:05]

The way I read it you were drawing direct equivalence.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 17:12]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024