Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Grealish 11:36 - Aug 17 with 3946 viewsitfcjoe

Looking forward to seeing him in action tomorrow.

Best player in the league - a shame he didn't go to Spurs.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Jack Grealish on 11:38 - Aug 17 with 2910 viewsSamWhiteUK

Can't stand the kid. I think it's the hair. He's better now but he always used to strike me as a real prima donna. The hair and the low socks
Jack Grealish on 11:40 - Aug 17 with 2897 viewsNorthstander_Blue

I'm looking forward to seeing chambers snap him in two

Poll: Would you be happy to sign Daryl Murphy?

Jack Grealish on 11:41 - Aug 17 with 2893 viewsSmithy

His own biggest fan, ponces about saying look at me. Good player no doubt about it but a real show pony.

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Jack Grealish on 11:41 - Aug 17 with 2892 viewswkj

Jack Grealish on 11:38 - Aug 17 by SamWhiteUK

Can't stand the kid. I think it's the hair. He's better now but he always used to strike me as a real prima donna. The hair and the low socks

Please maintain TWTD protocol and state the phrase as "pre madonna" - Your refusal to do the right thing has destroyed the hopes and dreams of the many who like to correct this guff

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Jack Grealish on 11:43 - Aug 17 with 2868 viewsHerbivore

I think he often flatters to deceive. He doesn't score or assist regularly enough for a player who is more or less given free reign to roam. He's neat and tidy enough, bit of a horrid little sh!t too, but the money Villa were asking for him was well out of kilter with his genuine value imo.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jack Grealish on 11:44 - Aug 17 with 2865 viewsWarkystache

There's an episode of 'Father Ted' when Dougal makes a friend (The Old Grey Whistle Theft?). His friend is the spit of Grealish, to the extent that I always think he mumps about with an Oirish accent.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Jack Grealish on 11:46 - Aug 17 with 2839 viewsSmithy

Jack Grealish on 11:44 - Aug 17 by Warkystache

There's an episode of 'Father Ted' when Dougal makes a friend (The Old Grey Whistle Theft?). His friend is the spit of Grealish, to the extent that I always think he mumps about with an Oirish accent.

https://ic.c4assets.com/brands/father-ted/series-2/episode-4/d1b1ce1f-d6d6-42f5-

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Jack Grealish on 11:47 - Aug 17 with 2838 viewsitfcjoe

Jack Grealish on 11:43 - Aug 17 by Herbivore

I think he often flatters to deceive. He doesn't score or assist regularly enough for a player who is more or less given free reign to roam. He's neat and tidy enough, bit of a horrid little sh!t too, but the money Villa were asking for him was well out of kilter with his genuine value imo.

I think Spurs are fools to not pay it - you don't get many footballers as comfortable as he is on the ball in any situation. Uses it so, so well.

Makes a hell of a lot happen, his headline figures aren't great but so much more to his game.

He gets fouled so much though, needs to have that horrid streak - people were moaning about his antics in the PO Final but he was literally fouled a dozen times which needed to be cracked down upon

Login to get fewer ads

Jack Grealish on 11:49 - Aug 17 with 2818 viewsHerbivore

Jack Grealish on 11:47 - Aug 17 by itfcjoe

I think Spurs are fools to not pay it - you don't get many footballers as comfortable as he is on the ball in any situation. Uses it so, so well.

Makes a hell of a lot happen, his headline figures aren't great but so much more to his game.

He gets fouled so much though, needs to have that horrid streak - people were moaning about his antics in the PO Final but he was literally fouled a dozen times which needed to be cracked down upon

Have to agree to disagree. I don't think he'd have been a regular starter at Spurs and I don't see him in any way as being worth £40m plus. I'd say around half that is about the limit, maybe a bit more with top ups.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jack Grealish on 11:50 - Aug 17 with 2808 viewsartsbossbeard

He looks like Lee Hendrie's love child.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Jack Grealish on 11:52 - Aug 17 with 2797 viewsLeagueOne

I am looking forward to seeing him have a stinker and see the " mighty" Villains lose against "relegation certs" Ipswich. Stuff them.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Jack Grealish on 12:01 - Aug 17 with 2742 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I dont think he was better than James Maddison last season. I think his reputation is a little over inflated. But, yes, a bloody good player.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Jack Grealish on 12:01 - Aug 17 with 2736 viewsRegencyBlue

Very good player but way too up himself for me!
Jack Grealish on 12:04 - Aug 17 with 2723 viewsitfcjoe

Jack Grealish on 12:01 - Aug 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

I dont think he was better than James Maddison last season. I think his reputation is a little over inflated. But, yes, a bloody good player.

Difficult to tell as team was built totally around Maddison, and in reality was a poor team where he did everything.

I think Grealish will have the better career, but could do with a move to a top club sooner rather than later

Jack Grealish on 12:05 - Aug 17 with 2706 viewsKieran_Knows

Second best behind Jon Nolan, of course.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Jack Grealish on 12:05 - Aug 17 with 2702 viewsBLUEBEAT

Jack Grealish on 11:40 - Aug 17 by Northstander_Blue

I'm looking forward to seeing chambers snap him in two

Judging on recent performances, I don’t think Chambers will be able to catch him :(

Poll: W or W

Jack Grealish on 12:05 - Aug 17 with 2694 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Jack Grealish on 12:04 - Aug 17 by itfcjoe

Difficult to tell as team was built totally around Maddison, and in reality was a poor team where he did everything.

I think Grealish will have the better career, but could do with a move to a top club sooner rather than later

Will be interesting to see. I think Maddison might fare better.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Jack Grealish on 12:06 - Aug 17 with 2684 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Jack Grealish on 11:49 - Aug 17 by Herbivore

Have to agree to disagree. I don't think he'd have been a regular starter at Spurs and I don't see him in any way as being worth £40m plus. I'd say around half that is about the limit, maybe a bit more with top ups.

Agreed.

Jack Grealish on 12:07 - Aug 17 with 2679 viewsSteve_M

Yes, he's inconsistent but his close control is utterly brilliant. As you say elsewhere in this thread, Fulham spent the play-off final tactically fouling him to keep him out of the game.

It will be interesting to see how he performs this season, he should be able to dominate games across the full season.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Jack Grealish on 12:09 - Aug 17 with 2664 viewsEireannach_gorm

Jack Grealish on 11:44 - Aug 17 by Warkystache

He decided that he was too good to play for Ireland.

Good lock with that.
Jack Grealish on 12:15 - Aug 17 with 2626 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Jack Grealish on 12:04 - Aug 17 by itfcjoe

As much as it pains me to say it, I think Maddison is a much better player and will go on to be an England regular for many years to come. Within a year or two I can see one off the big clubs taking him of Leicester's hands for an enormous fee, which is a shame as you know who will get a large slice of the sell on.

Maddison demands the ball like Grealish, but has much more to his game overall. Grealish is a metronome that keeps a jazz tune ticking along nicely. Maddison is the heart of a dance track. A lot livelier, a lot more penetration, with a goal or a deadly pass in him at any time.

Grealish is over rated. Incredibly comfortable on the ball but he doesn't do what Maddison does in terms of starting position and immediately spotting a pass or opportunity. I wouldn't bet against Maddison going on to be the best player that lot have ever had play for them.

They've never really had a player go on and become an England regular, apart from the likes of Ashton, who was in and around the squad after leaving. Grealish is a Premier League player. Maddison sadly is going to be absolutely top drawer.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 12:19]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Jack Grealish on 12:23 - Aug 17 with 2577 viewsitfcjoe

Jack Grealish on 12:15 - Aug 17 by WarkTheWarkITFC

As much as it pains me to say it, I think Maddison is a much better player and will go on to be an England regular for many years to come. Within a year or two I can see one off the big clubs taking him of Leicester's hands for an enormous fee, which is a shame as you know who will get a large slice of the sell on.

Maddison demands the ball like Grealish, but has much more to his game overall. Grealish is a metronome that keeps a jazz tune ticking along nicely. Maddison is the heart of a dance track. A lot livelier, a lot more penetration, with a goal or a deadly pass in him at any time.

Grealish is over rated. Incredibly comfortable on the ball but he doesn't do what Maddison does in terms of starting position and immediately spotting a pass or opportunity. I wouldn't bet against Maddison going on to be the best player that lot have ever had play for them.

They've never really had a player go on and become an England regular, apart from the likes of Ashton, who was in and around the squad after leaving. Grealish is a Premier League player. Maddison sadly is going to be absolutely top drawer.

I think Maddison is good when the main man, and everything goes through him but will be interested to see how he copes when he is just a part of the machine.

I think that is why Grealish will have a better career, because you can drop him into any team and he'll slot straight in

Jack Grealish on 12:25 - Aug 17 with 2560 viewsSamWhiteUK

Jack Grealish on 12:15 - Aug 17 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Did you spend a lot of time watching Madison last season?
Jack Grealish on 12:31 - Aug 17 with 2516 viewsclive_baker

Quality player. I don’t understand this view that he’s somehow overrated, he’s the real deal. Should be in the Premier League.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Jack Grealish on 12:34 - Aug 17 with 2491 viewsxrayspecs

Jack Grealish on 11:47 - Aug 17 by itfcjoe

Watched the Hull v Villa game. Grealish spent so much time on the floor, every little touch and he went down.

Is quality on the ball. If he were fitter, he could really be a player in the top level. Seems to be playing at half pace most of the time. But not in a good way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024