Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? 09:28 - Sep 6 with 30990 viewsReuser_is_God

Abuse certainly but bottles? Give it a rest Mick we ain’t Millwall & you know it.

Shocking that the police made that up really. Was probably just a few lads singing anti McCarthy songs outside the Griffin & they sh1t themselves.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:22 - Sep 6 with 1847 viewsSitfcB

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 09:52 - Sep 6 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Not sure you've got this right.

Brentford has pubs on every corner. Nobody was hanging around for Mick. They were having a beer after the match.

Mick also hadn't lost his job so nobody was gloating.

It simply sounds like the Police seeing fans who wanted McCarthy out, having a few beers and didn't see the need for the two to mix just in case.

Pubs on every corner yes.

Not in the middle of the road where the players come in/out.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:22 - Sep 6 with 1852 viewsBlueBadger

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:21 - Sep 6 by agentp

Why did he bother talking about it?

He's a pundit right............
[Post edited 6 Sep 2018 10:24]

Imagine people asking pundits questions so that they can answer them, using examples from their experience, if necessary.
Honestly, he's been gone, what? getting on 6 months now and people are STILL, overanalysing his every move, desperately seeking something, anything to get upset with him over, it's genuinely bizarre behaviour.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2018 11:28]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:23 - Sep 6 with 1843 viewsBluefish

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:20 - Sep 6 by textbackup

wouldn't know about that, so cant comment really.

however, Mick needs to calm down, as he said, he wouldn't give a toss either way if the beer came or not..... why did he even bother talking about it...... maybe to keep his name in the frame

Or maybe because someone ask him about leaving Ipswich? Really is quite normal and an odd thing for people to get flouncey about, those that didn't like it should be please he has moved on. Very strange to still be bothered, he is talking about how his time was horrible at the end so why would those responsible be bothered? His departure is a blog in our history and will be talked about, those that instigated can't really then moan about it.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:23 - Sep 6 with 1849 viewsSuperfrans

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:15 - Sep 6 by Bluefish

It really wasn't that though was it? It was more like an edl march than a football crowd. Loads turned up looking for trouble. Next you will be telling me that Fla are a peace loving group of lads that just turn up for a walk

It's also a bit daft for someone to assume that just because they didn't see or experience something, it simply didn't happen. I can't say whether it did or didn't, whether there was the threat of violence (implied or otherwise) or not.

I just don't see why the police would lie about it?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:23 - Sep 6 with 1854 viewsSitfcB

There were a few threads on this at the time.

Couple of people got arrested due to fighting.

Certainly wasn’t just verbal abuse waiting to happen.

COYB

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:24 - Sep 6 with 1842 viewsLankHenners

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:20 - Sep 6 by textbackup

wouldn't know about that, so cant comment really.

however, Mick needs to calm down, as he said, he wouldn't give a toss either way if the beer came or not..... why did he even bother talking about it...... maybe to keep his name in the frame

Because he was asked a question about it. What's he going to do, say 'I could answer that but I don't want to upset some overly sensitive souls on the internet who start frothing at the mouth whenever my name gets mentioned'?

In any case it sounds like he thought the claim was unlikely as well but went along with the police so not to cause any bother.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:25 - Sep 6 with 1838 viewsblue75

What I find amazing is you can actually get served in a pub, near a ground on a match day, a alcoholic drink in a glass or a bottle thought that was banned years ago.

Poll: Should McCarthy be sacked after telling Ipswich fans where to go?

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:26 - Sep 6 with 1827 viewsBluefish

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:22 - Sep 6 by BlueBadger

Imagine people asking pundits questions so that they can answer them, using examples from their experience, if necessary.
Honestly, he's been gone, what? getting on 6 months now and people are STILL, overanalysing his every move, desperately seeking something, anything to get upset with him over, it's genuinely bizarre behaviour.

People went out of their way to force him out, They were proud about it. The same people are now getting upset at him saying he was forced out. It doesn't make any sense

Login to get fewer ads

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:26 - Sep 6 with 1828 viewsagentp

It's unreal isn't it.

I cannot believe the mindset that someone thinks, he actually sits down seething and thinks lets have a dig.

He is a pundit talking about his last job FFS. Some people on here have a really twisted and psychotic outlook on life. It's really quite disturbing..

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:29 - Sep 6 with 1822 viewstextbackup

id argue then, why put the story on here?

if hes gone, and nobody cares, why are we being informed of it?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:31 - Sep 6 with 1814 viewstextbackup

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:24 - Sep 6 by LankHenners

Because he was asked a question about it. What's he going to do, say 'I could answer that but I don't want to upset some overly sensitive souls on the internet who start frothing at the mouth whenever my name gets mentioned'?

In any case it sounds like he thought the claim was unlikely as well but went along with the police so not to cause any bother.

he was directly asked "did Ipswich fans want to bottle you?"

if that's the case then fair play.

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:32 - Sep 6 with 1809 viewsBluefish

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:29 - Sep 6 by textbackup

Are you always like this or does Mick just consume you that much that you lose reality? Mick is our former manager so he in talked about. If you look keane is also being talked about today despite despite nearly destroying the club. Burley is talked about and so is sir Bob. We tend not to see much for John Duncan though

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:32 - Sep 6 with 1813 viewsagentp

Ask Phil..

I guess Mick said it; it's what he does in his new job. Phil read it; it's what he does too and thought he would post it; he does thing kike that as well. Just a thought.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2018 10:33]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:33 - Sep 6 with 1810 viewstextbackup

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:26 - Sep 6 by Bluefish

People went out of their way to force him out, They were proud about it. The same people are now getting upset at him saying he was forced out. It doesn't make any sense

I don't think anyone is fussed that he's saying he was forced out. but outrageous claims that Ipswich fans, little boring Ipswich fans, wanted to bottle him, behave ffs.

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:34 - Sep 6 with 1798 viewsagentp

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:33 - Sep 6 by textbackup

I don't think anyone is fussed that he's saying he was forced out. but outrageous claims that Ipswich fans, little boring Ipswich fans, wanted to bottle him, behave ffs.

Or perhaps he just repeated the story as it happened as the police guys said better leave through the back door.... Again just a thought...

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:35 - Sep 6 with 1797 viewstextbackup

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:32 - Sep 6 by Bluefish

Are you always like this or does Mick just consume you that much that you lose reality? Mick is our former manager so he in talked about. If you look keane is also being talked about today despite despite nearly destroying the club. Burley is talked about and so is sir Bob. We tend not to see much for John Duncan though

honestly, I think that bloke has done me in. my brain is scrambled when I hear his name or see him.
im the dead opposite to you when it comes to dear Mick

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:36 - Sep 6 with 1787 viewsBluefish

But most people on here that went have said it is very likely and the police said it. Because it was Mick you refuse to believe it and will argue over it despite not being there.

It is just nice to be able to see his face again anyway and reminisce

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:37 - Sep 6 with 1779 viewsBluefish

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:35 - Sep 6 by textbackup

honestly, I think that bloke has done me in. my brain is scrambled when I hear his name or see him.

I'm sat here with a semi. If the kids weren't still off and at home I'd be closing the blinds for a bit

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:37 - Sep 6 with 1782 viewsBenters2

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 09:52 - Sep 6 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Not sure you've got this right.

Brentford has pubs on every corner. Nobody was hanging around for Mick. They were having a beer after the match.

Mick also hadn't lost his job so nobody was gloating.

It simply sounds like the Police seeing fans who wanted McCarthy out, having a few beers and didn't see the need for the two to mix just in case.

It’s Badger he loves sticking one into the town fans from behind his keyboard.
Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:52 - Sep 6 with 1727 viewsLankHenners

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:31 - Sep 6 by textbackup

he was directly asked "did Ipswich fans want to bottle you?"

if that's the case then fair play.

Doubt it was phrased like that but was most likely a more general question about the aftermath of that match/the end of his reign that he answered honestly.

People always get so angry about football managers etc. saying things as if they weren't asked a question and just decided to email some words in to a paper.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:58 - Sep 6 with 1722 viewstextbackup

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:36 - Sep 6 by Bluefish

But most people on here that went have said it is very likely and the police said it. Because it was Mick you refuse to believe it and will argue over it despite not being there.

It is just nice to be able to see his face again anyway and reminisce

oh no, I mean the police considered it - our own fans did too.

I just cant see a world where any Ipswich fan, drunk or not, would have done this.

afterall, the police are occasionally wrong aren't they, trained professionals or not

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 11:00 - Sep 6 with 1718 viewsSitfcB

All about them hits. Knows people will read it, even the Mick haters...

COYB

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 11:01 - Sep 6 with 1713 viewsBrixtonBlue

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:35 - Sep 6 by textbackup

Your brain does certainly seem scrambled, yes.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 11:02 - Sep 6 with 1709 viewsBrixtonBlue

Why on earth would the police make that up?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 11:03 - Sep 6 with 1708 viewsSitfcB

He didn’t exactly say that did he, it was the police, and he still wanted to go out that way but to save hassle listened to police advice.

COYB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024