Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? 09:28 - Sep 6 with 31176 viewsReuser_is_God

Abuse certainly but bottles? Give it a rest Mick we ain’t Millwall & you know it.

Shocking that the police made that up really. Was probably just a few lads singing anti McCarthy songs outside the Griffin & they sh1t themselves.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 20:36 - Sep 6 with 4297 viewsSpruceMoose

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 20:34 - Sep 6 by textbackup

The kid stuff is very wrong, no doubting that.

Indeed, and I doubt anyone who posts on here would be involved in it, just to be clear.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 20:38 - Sep 6 with 4295 viewsBluearmy71

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 20:03 - Sep 6 by SpruceMoose

I imagine I'm a fair bit younger than you old guys, but I just want to chip in and say that most people of my generation wouldn't find it acceptable to behave that way either, especially stuff like chanting that the manager is a child abuser .

A small collection of extremely special knuckleheads ruin it for everyone.

Its been the few always mate, I remember the sickening chants the few aimed at Bryan Gunn when he lost his daughter to cancer! I was f*cking disgusted, there are just some things you don't sing about but there really is no accounting for stupid!
Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 21:06 - Sep 6 with 4248 viewsBrixtonBlue

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 18:54 - Sep 6 by textbackup

Lol... I was with them, before and after. Didn’t go to the game, as he was the manager and I found watching ITFC under him a painful experience.

Anyway, nobody was going to chuck bottles at him. Police and drip fans shouldn’t have worried.
Actually, of all the sht that happened that day not once has a single fan suggested bottle chucking was a likely outcome, few nasty songs granted, but never a mention of these bottle lobbing nutters
[Post edited 6 Sep 2018 18:57]

Again, you don't know you were with the exact same people the police were concerned about.

I imagine no-one suggested beforehand that 'Mick is a peodophile' songs were going to be sung either, but that still happened.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 21:58 - Sep 6 with 4210 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:09 - Sep 6 by Bluefish

Anyone doubting the likelihood of the bottle throw potential clearly wasn't there that day. As i have said before I had a group of them next to me telling me they going to kick my head in, They were 2 feet away but apparently unable to get past each other to actually hit me. Brogan came and stood next to me for support and the 2nd half I moved a few rows away to calm it down. All I did was ask politely if we could sing some positive songs

I was scared for myself and my son.

Horrendous experience
Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 22:10 - Sep 6 with 4201 viewsMelford

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 10:32 - Sep 6 by Bluefish

Are you always like this or does Mick just consume you that much that you lose reality? Mick is our former manager so he in talked about. If you look keane is also being talked about today despite despite nearly destroying the club. Burley is talked about and so is sir Bob. We tend not to see much for John Duncan though

People invaded the pitch with Duncan Out banners during games back in the day. I remember going to an away game on the coach and when we stopped at the services they hung a "DRUNKEN DUNCAN OUT" banner over the motorway bridge and waited until the team coach had gone under it and seen it before carrying on home.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 22:36 - Sep 6 with 4178 viewsRyorry

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 16:51 - Sep 6 by PhilTWTD

I said "armed with bottles or otherwise", meaning whether or not they were armed with bottles Brentford staff were surprised by the levels of abuse and anger. I wasn't in a position to see whether that was the case re bottles, was in the ground until well after Mick would have departed.

Oh I see, thanks for the clarification.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 22:52 - Sep 6 with 4166 viewsRyorry

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 14:51 - Sep 6 by reusersfreekicks

Cos there is a major difference between the two - context is everything

Precisely, and that was exactly why I asked Phil the questions I did - in order to try and ascertain the facts. Unfortunately some people seem to have interpreted those questions as antagonistic, or as a statement, when in fact I was simply trying to understand what was really going on. Maybe just internetz - if they could have heard my tone (enquiring/questioning) of voice, it would have been clear that I was genuinely enquiring, not judging.

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 23:03 - Sep 6 with 4153 viewsreusersfreekicks

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 16:57 - Sep 6 by PJH

It was a very memorable day but for all the wrong reasons.
I know that because of those people a little bit of my wishing to be associated with ITFC died that day-that is not being overly dramatic, it is the truth.

Exactly
Login to get fewer ads

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 23:34 - Sep 6 with 4112 viewsRyorry

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 18:16 - Sep 6 by SpruceMoose

Some people can't handle their booze, or their emotions. Combine that with a lack of intelligence and general sense of dissatisfaction in life and it's no surprise that there are a few who behave like badly trained apes.

You've only got to look at the lout who spent the entire 90 mins effin & c'ing in the family section on Sunday whose reaction to a woman with 2 young kids asking him not to, was to direct his abuse at her, instead of what was happening on the pitch.

The "kiddy-fiddler" shouts at the time really shocked me, then and now. Totally and absolutely outrageous, beyond the pale, worse than any pitch invasion & should incur bans as far as I'm concerned.

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 23:38 - Sep 6 with 4102 viewsjeera

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 22:52 - Sep 6 by Ryorry

Precisely, and that was exactly why I asked Phil the questions I did - in order to try and ascertain the facts. Unfortunately some people seem to have interpreted those questions as antagonistic, or as a statement, when in fact I was simply trying to understand what was really going on. Maybe just internetz - if they could have heard my tone (enquiring/questioning) of voice, it would have been clear that I was genuinely enquiring, not judging.

What? Because you and a couple of others are too stupid to understand a basic sentence written in your own language and choose to jump onto nothing in some desperate search for attention...?

How hard can this be? Possibly?

"...armed with bottles or otherwise".

That wasn't hard was it?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 23:45 - Sep 6 with 4093 viewsjeera

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 23:38 - Sep 6 by jeera

What? Because you and a couple of others are too stupid to understand a basic sentence written in your own language and choose to jump onto nothing in some desperate search for attention...?

How hard can this be? Possibly?

"...armed with bottles or otherwise".

That wasn't hard was it?

"Oh Phil, Phil - can I have some attention please?

Pray tell, do tell, what did you mean by that blatantly obvious sentence you wrote, and what can we pretend to take from that...?"

Load of nonsense.

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 23:45 - Sep 6 with 4100 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

I just have an hilarious image in my head of a bunch of weedy adolescents standing outside the players’ entrance after the match waving empty Hooch bottles, waiting for Mick and singing ‘more fun if you all join in’.
Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 23:57 - Sep 6 with 4065 viewsRyorry

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 23:45 - Sep 6 by King_ding_a_lin_g

I just have an hilarious image in my head of a bunch of weedy adolescents standing outside the players’ entrance after the match waving empty Hooch bottles, waiting for Mick and singing ‘more fun if you all join in’.

Quite frankly, at the mo I'd take the most weedy song or joke going - someone please crack a terrible pun?! Where's Hoppy when you need him!

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 23:59 - Sep 6 with 4050 viewsjeera

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 23:57 - Sep 6 by Ryorry

Quite frankly, at the mo I'd take the most weedy song or joke going - someone please crack a terrible pun?! Where's Hoppy when you need him!

Instead of down-voting, why not explain yourself and your initial over reaction over nothing?

You know, the thing that didn't happen.

That you made a deal of.

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 00:06 - Sep 7 with 4042 viewsRyorry

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 23:59 - Sep 6 by jeera

Instead of down-voting, why not explain yourself and your initial over reaction over nothing?

You know, the thing that didn't happen.

That you made a deal of.

Give it a rest J, different people interpreted it differently, I've already explained at least twice that I was simply making an enquiry. FWIW, I had thought one possible interpretation of "armed with bottles or otherwise", might be "armed with bottles or with something else". Phil has clarified it now and that's an end of it as far as I'm concerned. And I won't be reading your last PM, given your unpleasantness in your first two.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 5:49]

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 00:14 - Sep 7 with 4019 viewsjeera

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 00:06 - Sep 7 by Ryorry

Give it a rest J, different people interpreted it differently, I've already explained at least twice that I was simply making an enquiry. FWIW, I had thought one possible interpretation of "armed with bottles or otherwise", might be "armed with bottles or with something else". Phil has clarified it now and that's an end of it as far as I'm concerned. And I won't be reading your last PM, given your unpleasantness in your first two.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 5:49]

And it didn't need Phil to clarify.

It was already obvious to anyone over the age of 10.

I clarified it 1st btw. You down-voted it.

Why? Down vote Phil's then. Consistency and all that.

Edit: "Not going to reply to my last PM". You mean the one where I said stop following me around.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 0:16]

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 00:39 - Sep 7 with 3986 viewsRyorry

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 00:14 - Sep 7 by jeera

And it didn't need Phil to clarify.

It was already obvious to anyone over the age of 10.

I clarified it 1st btw. You down-voted it.

Why? Down vote Phil's then. Consistency and all that.

Edit: "Not going to reply to my last PM". You mean the one where I said stop following me around.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 0:16]

I downvoted it for your belittling and hectoring tone, not content - obviously different people did read it differently, and Phil's clarification actually isn't the same as what you said. If he disagrees with me on this - no problem. My guess is that he & Gav are privately doing multiple facepalms at this argument.

As for your "stop following me around", that really is just too funny! Anyone reading the thread can see it was the other way round - you who jumped on to me, & haven't stopped doing so since I got in this evening - including the unpleasant PMs you decided to send me out of the blue.

Good night, I hope you get some decent kip.

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 04:31 - Sep 7 with 3855 viewsBenters2

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 16:26 - Sep 6 by textbackup

Agenda? Such a weird bloke u

I spent nearly all day (bar the game) with many of this crowd, and at no signal point was it mentioned that bottle lobbing was even considered.

With that in mind, were you by the side of them after the game to see them armed with bottles ready? No you weren’t

I make you right.
Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 04:37 - Sep 7 with 3854 viewsBenters2

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 19:39 - Sep 6 by carlisleaway

Come on Phil I was with many fans when the Ipswich players were getting on the coach.....at no time was a bottle going to be thrown at anyone even McCarthy. It was a friendly atmosphere unlike the feeling watching the game behind the goal. How can you squash this ridiculous statement.

I make you right.
Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 04:44 - Sep 7 with 3853 viewsBenters2

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 20:34 - Sep 6 by textbackup

The kid stuff is very wrong, no doubting that.

Yes i dont get that either,as i said the other day someone got a bllocking from a steward at the Norwich game for using the Peado word.

All the Norwich team were Peado's the match officials were all peados,i even said to the bloke they cant all be peados can they!
Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 04:54 - Sep 7 with 3850 viewsBenters2

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 00:39 - Sep 7 by Ryorry

I downvoted it for your belittling and hectoring tone, not content - obviously different people did read it differently, and Phil's clarification actually isn't the same as what you said. If he disagrees with me on this - no problem. My guess is that he & Gav are privately doing multiple facepalms at this argument.

As for your "stop following me around", that really is just too funny! Anyone reading the thread can see it was the other way round - you who jumped on to me, & haven't stopped doing so since I got in this evening - including the unpleasant PMs you decided to send me out of the blue.

Good night, I hope you get some decent kip.

I make you right.

I have sent you a pm.
Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 05:46 - Sep 7 with 3915 viewsRyorry

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 04:54 - Sep 7 by Benters2

I make you right.

I have sent you a pm.

Thanks. What I find baffling is that 2 people slap me and tell me I'm wrong for asking Phil to explain his post - but consider themselves right for interpreting my query incorrectly!

Strange old world.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 6:11]

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 08:06 - Sep 7 with 3842 viewstextbackup

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 05:46 - Sep 7 by Ryorry

Thanks. What I find baffling is that 2 people slap me and tell me I'm wrong for asking Phil to explain his post - but consider themselves right for interpreting my query incorrectly!

Strange old world.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 6:11]

the entire episode is baffling, but the police thinking little old Ipswich have fans capable of lobbing bottles at the manager has blown my mind.
just to add, this isn't even anti MM from me, as if that's what he was told then that's what he's got to go with.
anyway, moving on, be a different story this year - fans will have beers lined up for PH when he leaves Brentford

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 08:26 - Sep 7 with 3815 viewsartsbossbeard

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 08:06 - Sep 7 by textbackup

the entire episode is baffling, but the police thinking little old Ipswich have fans capable of lobbing bottles at the manager has blown my mind.
just to add, this isn't even anti MM from me, as if that's what he was told then that's what he's got to go with.
anyway, moving on, be a different story this year - fans will have beers lined up for PH when he leaves Brentford

10th April 2019

Big Sam's or Phil Parkinson's Ipswich Town by then.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 08:29 - Sep 7 with 3804 viewstextbackup

Waited to throw bottles at McCarthy? on 08:26 - Sep 7 by artsbossbeard

10th April 2019

Big Sam's or Phil Parkinson's Ipswich Town by then.

lol, u know what, I had a bet in my head - with myself - that you would reply to that saying "we still might not have won by then".....

the message was incorrect, but they reply arrived.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024