Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Labour party.... 08:11 - Sep 11 with 37743 viewsitfcjoe

....I made this mkistake of falling down the Labour rabbit hole on Social Media, it is like rubber necking at an accident site. Absolute carnage on there.

So much in-fighting and disagreements and re-writing of history.

Clair achieved nothing - Sure Start was Tessa Jowell, Minimum Wage was Gordon Brown, etc..............but of course everything bad was solely down to Blair.

Any MP who speaks out about Corbyn or anti-semitism they are trying to get deselected - including someone who won Canterbury for first time (by 186 votes) in forever - although this was all down to Momentum's campaigning and not the candidate at all of course.

Chuka has said that the likes of McDonnell need to 'call off the dogs', you know that common saying.....apparently it means he has called members out as actual dogs. You couldn't make it up.

It would be funny if it wasn't so serious, how do they expect to win an election? All they talk about is how many members they now have as though that is what will win it for them.

I don't understand why being centrist has become such a bad thing, surely most people are or am I just wrong? The nutters I see on both sides of the divide can't be representative of normal people surely? Why don't people want what was New Labour, don't they realise compromises had to be made by likes of Blair and Brown to push through all the reform they did for the poorest people in the country?

It's all very student politics out there, and if there was a GE called now, the Tory party would increase their majority.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Labour party.... on 09:28 - Sep 11 with 2747 viewsStokieBlue

The Labour party.... on 09:18 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

Interesting article that, cheers SB. Although I'm not entirely sure how it relates to what you're replying to. There's nothing about twitter in there.

I think they're right to a certain extent, there has been more of a shift to quinoa lovers from bingo lovers. Quite a clever headline actually. Quite a small research group though.

Despite the title, towards the end it states "twice as many voters thought Labour was “in touch with ordinary people” as the Tories."

I guess more ordinary people are eating quinoa these days!

The general thread was about perceptions of Labour so thought it might be of interest.

I don't really have a follow-up point.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The Labour party.... on 09:29 - Sep 11 with 2744 viewsitfcjoe

The Labour party.... on 09:23 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

The Blairite thing being an insult might have something to do with an illegal war.

I think your last bit about Labour not wanting to govern is just nonsense. Why would anyone want to control the party and then do nothing with it? What would be the point?

There is a difference between wanting to govern, and actually trying to put yourself in a position to govern.

I'm sure they'd love to be in charge, but realistically if they don't appeal (and they appear unwilling to try) to a wider portion of the electorate then it isn't going to happen.

Labour is apparently a broad church, but anyone who disagrees with Corbyn and McDonnell seems to be being removed, the narrower it goes, the less likely they are to get elected.

They must know this, and appear unable to stop themselves doing it - so do they really 'want' to govern?

The Labour party.... on 09:30 - Sep 11 with 2739 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Labour party.... on 08:51 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

It's a fair point, but the other side always cite them when the Tories are in front, so I reserve the right to cite them now Labour are!

Sometimes they are right, don't forget!

The polling org you quote, Survation, were the only one who called the election right.

However, you seem to have climaxed somewhat prematurely by claiming this was the latest poll. It isn't. In fact it isn't even the latest Survation poll.

I will now spend the rest of the day chasing you around the internet demanding you admit to being wrong. Oh. no I won't. Because I'm not some sort of weido desperate to score points on a football message board.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The Labour party.... on 09:32 - Sep 11 with 2723 viewsbluewein

The Labour party.... on 09:30 - Sep 11 by GlasgowBlue

The polling org you quote, Survation, were the only one who called the election right.

However, you seem to have climaxed somewhat prematurely by claiming this was the latest poll. It isn't. In fact it isn't even the latest Survation poll.

I will now spend the rest of the day chasing you around the internet demanding you admit to being wrong. Oh. no I won't. Because I'm not some sort of weido desperate to score points on a football message board.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

The Labour party.... on 09:35 - Sep 11 with 2711 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Labour party.... on 08:19 - Sep 11 by Steve_M

It's always been a fascination of the old left for ideological purity and factionalism which is ultimately what drives this. The idea that people might have different viewpoints on issues for honest reasons is anathema. Compromise, the messy business of actually governing a country is selling out (see also pro-Brexit enthusiasts here).

You missed one though, defacing an extant wall of the Warsaw Ghetto with pro-Palestinian graffiti and not understanding why that is anti-Semitic.

The wider British public is also incredibly susceptible to politicians who seem superficially a bit different: Corbyn, Johnson, Fargae, Rees-Mogg etc. It's dangerous to be so disengaged as we've seen.

Your final point is right too. This pisspoor excuse for a Government will probably win more seats at the next General Election. It's a lamentable mess at a time when poor decisions will set the economy, and thus the living standards of the vast majority of the British people, back for decades.

Labour GQ: How do we convince people we are not institutionally antisemitic (Chuka Umunna) and led by antisemites and racists (Sir Trevor Phillips)?

I know. Let's invite somebody who defaced wall of the Warsaw Ghetto with pro-Palestinian graffiti.

Iron Lion Zion

The Labour party.... on 09:37 - Sep 11 with 2706 viewsJ2BLUE

The Labour party.... on 08:19 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

You're basing too much on reading twitter. Some polls show Labour currently in the lead.

No-one should read twitter to get an understanding of anything. It's full of loons on all sides.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 8:23]

Seriously? It's becoming clearer with every passing day that Labour are unfit to govern. I could not vote for Labour under Corbyn now. I hate to say it but he seems so far out of his depth.

At the moment I couldn't vote for any party.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The Labour party.... on 09:37 - Sep 11 with 2706 viewsNewcyBlue

Must admit I was under the impression that none of them had been that accurate

https://www.survation.com/survation-most-accurate-pollster/

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

The Labour party.... on 09:42 - Sep 11 with 2688 viewsNewcyBlue

The Labour party.... on 09:37 - Sep 11 by J2BLUE

Seriously? It's becoming clearer with every passing day that Labour are unfit to govern. I could not vote for Labour under Corbyn now. I hate to say it but he seems so far out of his depth.

http://www.votenone.org.uk/why-vote-none.html

Login to get fewer ads

The Labour party.... on 09:44 - Sep 11 with 2671 viewsStokieBlue

The Labour party.... on 09:35 - Sep 11 by GlasgowBlue

Labour GQ: How do we convince people we are not institutionally antisemitic (Chuka Umunna) and led by antisemites and racists (Sir Trevor Phillips)?

I know. Let's invite somebody who defaced wall of the Warsaw Ghetto with pro-Palestinian graffiti.

I didn't know about this, just looked it up, that is absolutely awful.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/warsaw-ghetto-vandal-to-speak-at-momentums-co

Unbelievable.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The Labour party.... on 09:45 - Sep 11 with 2667 viewsBrixtonBlue

You appear to have fooked up on that old reading and comprehension thing again.

I didn't say it was "the latest poll". I said it was "this latest poll in the Telegraph". As in the Telegraph's latest poll (which is a Tory paper BTW). If there was a comma after "poll" you'd have a point. But there isn't.

Besides all that, my poll was only from a few days ago. I'm sure it will swing back again in. another couple of days. The wider point (which surely is the most important thing here) is there isn't much in it. So people saying the Tories will return with an increased number of seats are basing that on what?

There's delicious irony in your last line. "Because I'm not some sort of weido desperate to score points on a football message board." - THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE!

You talk about me following you around the board and yet you're replying to ME here. HELLO?!? MCFLY?!?
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 9:51]

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The Labour party.... on 09:49 - Sep 11 with 2637 viewsBrixtonBlue

The Labour party.... on 09:37 - Sep 11 by J2BLUE

I don't think this infighting is good and he should've clamped down harder on the antisemitism stuff, but someone has to govern. I'd rather give this lot a go than the Tories again.

I'm not a fan of your egg cooking style but I'd sooner come round yours for dinner than Glassers'.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The Labour party.... on 09:51 - Sep 11 with 2627 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The Labour party.... on 09:13 - Sep 11 by itfcjoe

Where have I mentioned anything about extreme policies?

The op implies that you don't regard the policies as centrist, do you consider their policies extreme?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The Labour party.... on 09:54 - Sep 11 with 2608 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Self awareness 0
Lols.......lots?

The Labour party.... on 09:56 - Sep 11 with 2599 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Labour party.... on 09:54 - Sep 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Self awareness 0
Lols.......lots?

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote by GlasgowBlue 11 Sep 2018 9:17
Is this new double act you have formed with Dolly just another manifestation of your obsessive behaviour towards me?

I apreaciate it’s not as weird as when you were sending a series of unsolicited PM’s every five minutes, making note of when I was logged on and when I was logged off, despite being politely asked to desist, but it’s still pretty creepy all the same.

Are you going to being rummaging through my bins next, or sting outside my house with a pair of binoculars?

Iron Lion Zion

The Labour party.... on 09:57 - Sep 11 with 2592 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The Labour party.... on 09:42 - Sep 11 by NewcyBlue

http://www.votenone.org.uk/why-vote-none.html

For once I can claim to be decades ahead of the curve on this one!
https://nota-uk.org

The Labour party.... on 10:00 - Sep 11 with 2582 viewsNo9

The Labour party.... on 08:36 - Sep 11 by hype313

I'm not talking about people returning to the Tories, I'm talking about the next generation of voters who haven't been aligned to any party previously.

I'm in no doubt the Tories have in fighting, but compared to the Labour party, it's hardly noticeable. The Tories are cleary making a mess of Brexit and their are huge factions and backstabbings going on, but just by a quick glance on social media, Labour are in a right mess.

They should be at least 10-15 points ahead of the Tories (historically opposition parties are) yet they are only 4, with a current shambles of a Tory party as competition...

"I'm in no doubt the Tories have in fighting, but compared to the Labour party, it's hardly noticeable."

Sure, but this is down to the media, particularly the BBC.
For months now it has been dificult to swtich on any BBC radio station without there being something negatvie about Corybn.
If that much negativity were directed at any one else there would be issues with the regulator.
The fact that at least two BBC political editors have been pulled up & had their knuckles rapped is something you have to go looking for - hard

The political world and media happy to mirror Trump & many are accepting that whithout asking why
The Labour party.... on 10:02 - Sep 11 with 2562 viewsBasuco

The Labour party.... on 09:23 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

The Blairite thing being an insult might have something to do with an illegal war.

I think your last bit about Labour not wanting to govern is just nonsense. Why would anyone want to control the party and then do nothing with it? What would be the point?

In 1980 Michael Foot was made leader of the Labour party, you did not need a PHD in political science to know he would never be elected Prime Minister, that error was then compounded by replacing him with Neil Kinnock another who stood no chance of ever being Prime Minister. Every hardened Labour supporter must have known this at the time but for some reason seemed happy to put up an unelectable leader for election, history proves this was a massive mistake, but it was also so obvious that Labour must of had no intention of wanting to govern the Country at that time. I can't see Jeremy Corbyn winning a single general election let alone the three in a row that Tony Blair did. But I might be wrong and Boris will be enough to tip the balance back to JC.
The Labour party.... on 10:03 - Sep 11 with 2558 viewsNewcyBlue

The Labour party.... on 09:56 - Sep 11 by GlasgowBlue

Awkward for Labour and JC - Majority of Union members want a 2nd vote by GlasgowBlue 11 Sep 2018 9:17
Is this new double act you have formed with Dolly just another manifestation of your obsessive behaviour towards me?

I apreaciate it’s not as weird as when you were sending a series of unsolicited PM’s every five minutes, making note of when I was logged on and when I was logged off, despite being politely asked to desist, but it’s still pretty creepy all the same.

Are you going to being rummaging through my bins next, or sting outside my house with a pair of binoculars?

I have a pretty decent pair of binoculars that I bought for Seb for when I took him on the DFDS cruise ship for a day sailing for the Sunderland air show.

That’s not me in your bushes though.

The Labour party.... on 10:04 - Sep 11 with 2554 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The Labour party.... on 09:56 - Sep 11 by GlasgowBlue

Ooh, hadn't seen that, well if you are bringing PM's into the public domain maybe everybody should have a look......nothing to hide here! Start from the bottom obviously....

I did ask. You ignored me which is against the T's and C's of this board. I am now messaging Phil. 

I can categorically assure you I had nothing to do with your thread being removed. perhaps confirmation from him will put an end to this obsessive stalking. 

-------------------------------------------------- 
Can you stop messaging me .........it's a little obsessive! 

I have asked you to stop messaging me. Please stop stalking me. 

Bullsh1t nobody has internet coverage that bad.......maybe you were connected just long enough to contact admin, who knows! Obsessive coming from you is just plain hilarious! 
You are monitoring when and when I am not online? What a weirdo. You do realise that I will be online 99% of the time when my devices I am logged into have an internet signal, whether I am reading or not. 

Please stop messaging me. I know you are an obsessive but I'm finding this a little creepy. 

There is no conspiracy in the fact you were shown as online at various times over the weekend for half an hour here and there without commenting........hiding something? I don't have your ego problem so don't imagine it was only me you were policing within your empire! 

And so the conspiracy theories continue into the week. Some of us have lives Banksy. I was away with my wife and family for the weekend. The last thing on my my was reading the rantings of a plastic anarchist who is prone to repeating atntisemitic tropes. 

You must just have been popping up on line and not reading stuff over the weekend then.....very odd! (Only just seen it my arris!) 

I assume you are talking about disappearing threads as I’ve just seen your thread on the subject. 

If you believe in am responsible the you give me far more credit than I deserve. I don’t want threads removed. If people make antisemitic comments then I prefer them to be left up for people to see and judge. Although I don’t recall, on this occasion, you doing so. 

What is rather odd is a middle aged man with a family engaging in conspiracy theories about disappearing threads on a football message board on a Saturday evening. Do you have nothing better to do? And what’s with the litigious poster comment? 

With regards to the subject of a Jezza and antisemitism. The subject has now been settled by Sir Trevor Phillips, a man who knows more about racism than you or I. He stated this weekend that “[his] party is run by antisemites and racists”. 

Enjoy your day xx 

Busy morning?

The Labour party.... on 10:05 - Sep 11 with 2540 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Off to work now have fun everyone!

The Labour party.... on 10:07 - Sep 11 with 2531 viewsbluewein

The Labour party.... on 10:04 - Sep 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Ooh, hadn't seen that, well if you are bringing PM's into the public domain maybe everybody should have a look......nothing to hide here! Start from the bottom obviously....

I did ask. You ignored me which is against the T's and C's of this board. I am now messaging Phil. 

I can categorically assure you I had nothing to do with your thread being removed. perhaps confirmation from him will put an end to this obsessive stalking. 

Bullsh1t nobody has internet coverage that bad.......maybe you were connected just long enough to contact admin, who knows! Obsessive coming from you is just plain hilarious! 
You are monitoring when and when I am not online? What a weirdo. You do realise that I will be online 99% of the time when my devices I am logged into have an internet signal, whether I am reading or not. 

Please stop messaging me. I know you are an obsessive but I'm finding this a little creepy. 

There is no conspiracy in the fact you were shown as online at various times over the weekend for half an hour here and there without commenting........hiding something? I don't have your ego problem so don't imagine it was only me you were policing within your empire! 

And so the conspiracy theories continue into the week. Some of us have lives Banksy. I was away with my wife and family for the weekend. The last thing on my my was reading the rantings of a plastic anarchist who is prone to repeating atntisemitic tropes. 

You must just have been popping up on line and not reading stuff over the weekend then.....very odd! (Only just seen it my arris!) 

I assume you are talking about disappearing threads as I’ve just seen your thread on the subject. 

If you believe in am responsible the you give me far more credit than I deserve. I don’t want threads removed. If people make antisemitic comments then I prefer them to be left up for people to see and judge. Although I don’t recall, on this occasion, you doing so. 

What is rather odd is a middle aged man with a family engaging in conspiracy theories about disappearing threads on a football message board on a Saturday evening. Do you have nothing better to do? And what’s with the litigious poster comment? 

With regards to the subject of a Jezza and antisemitism. The subject has now been settled by Sir Trevor Phillips, a man who knows more about racism than you or I. He stated this weekend that “[his] party is run by antisemites and racists”. 

Enjoy your day xx 

Busy morning?

Wow. There's more sad acts on here than I thought...

You all need a life. Fast.

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

The Labour party.... on 10:07 - Sep 11 with 2526 viewsNo9

Is it OK to remind you that, on the 'next leader of the tory party' you were wrong and in predicting the result of the 2017 GE, you were also wrong.
As were many of the polls
??????
The Labour party.... on 10:08 - Sep 11 with 2519 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Labour party.... on 10:04 - Sep 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Enjoy your day xx 

Busy morning?

If you have produced that as a defence that you aren’t being obsessive then it hasn’t really worked for you mate.

I’ll leave it there.

Iron Lion Zion

The Labour party.... on 10:09 - Sep 11 with 2511 viewsitfcjoe

The Labour party.... on 09:51 - Sep 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

The op implies that you don't regard the policies as centrist, do you consider their policies extreme?

That's a bit of a leap

The Labour party.... on 10:12 - Sep 11 with 2500 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Labour party.... on 10:07 - Sep 11 by bluewein

Wow. There's more sad acts on here than I thought...

You all need a life. Fast.

Indeed, I go away for the weekend and come back to find a conspiracy that I have been responsible for banksy having threads removed and my internet usage being monitored.

Sad doesn’t even begin to describe it.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024