Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Labour party.... 08:11 - Sep 11 with 37739 viewsitfcjoe

....I made this mkistake of falling down the Labour rabbit hole on Social Media, it is like rubber necking at an accident site. Absolute carnage on there.

So much in-fighting and disagreements and re-writing of history.

Clair achieved nothing - Sure Start was Tessa Jowell, Minimum Wage was Gordon Brown, etc..............but of course everything bad was solely down to Blair.

Any MP who speaks out about Corbyn or anti-semitism they are trying to get deselected - including someone who won Canterbury for first time (by 186 votes) in forever - although this was all down to Momentum's campaigning and not the candidate at all of course.

Chuka has said that the likes of McDonnell need to 'call off the dogs', you know that common saying.....apparently it means he has called members out as actual dogs. You couldn't make it up.

It would be funny if it wasn't so serious, how do they expect to win an election? All they talk about is how many members they now have as though that is what will win it for them.

I don't understand why being centrist has become such a bad thing, surely most people are or am I just wrong? The nutters I see on both sides of the divide can't be representative of normal people surely? Why don't people want what was New Labour, don't they realise compromises had to be made by likes of Blair and Brown to push through all the reform they did for the poorest people in the country?

It's all very student politics out there, and if there was a GE called now, the Tory party would increase their majority.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Labour party.... on 15:43 - Sep 11 with 1964 viewsSpruceMoose

The Labour party.... on 15:41 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

Utter nonsense. He's won election to his own party, seen off challengers and failed to win one General Election (but came much closer than anyone predicted).

How on earth is that a perennial failure?

So, he's achieved as much as Ed Miliband so far then.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The Labour party.... on 15:45 - Sep 11 with 1948 viewsBrixtonBlue

The Labour party.... on 15:40 - Sep 11 by StokieBlue

It was a rhetorical question which I've then gone on to explain. The point you made has nothing at all to do with the metric used.

If you are going to apply a metric is should be applied evenly across all scenarios.

Bit of a harsh down vote in my opinion :).

SB
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 15:41]

Because, as Callis said, "Labour's "moderates" have failed to win a general election with their elected candidate TWICE."

Corbyn has only had one shot at a General Election, so it's you who is not applying a fair and even metric.

If Corbyn fails twice then I agree that would be the end of Corbynism.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The Labour party.... on 15:45 - Sep 11 with 1947 viewshype313

The Labour party.... on 15:41 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

Utter nonsense. He's won election to his own party, seen off challengers and failed to win one General Election (but came much closer than anyone predicted).

How on earth is that a perennial failure?

He won because thousands of Tories (include Glassers) signed up and paid £3 to vote for him.

He then went on to challenge one of the worst PM's in history and lost, but didn't lose as badly as predicted, which is used as a win, for some strange reason.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The Labour party.... on 15:48 - Sep 11 with 1935 viewsWeWereZombies

The Labour party.... on 09:44 - Sep 11 by StokieBlue

I didn't know about this, just looked it up, that is absolutely awful.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/warsaw-ghetto-vandal-to-speak-at-momentums-co

Unbelievable.

SB

Might be worth having a look at the link Darth posted earlier this afternoon before you go off half cocked (which I know I have done in the past and sometimes in response to a post of yours) on this one.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 15:54]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

The Labour party.... on 15:49 - Sep 11 with 1923 viewsStokieBlue

The Labour party.... on 15:45 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

Because, as Callis said, "Labour's "moderates" have failed to win a general election with their elected candidate TWICE."

Corbyn has only had one shot at a General Election, so it's you who is not applying a fair and even metric.

If Corbyn fails twice then I agree that would be the end of Corbynism.

Me: "If he loses again is Corbynism irrelevant? "

You: "If Corbyn fails twice then I agree that would be the end of Corbynism."

That's exactly what I said so I literally have no idea what you are arguing about and down-voting.

Are you reading the posts or just looking for a fight because you're bored?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The Labour party.... on 15:51 - Sep 11 with 1911 viewsStokieBlue

The Labour party.... on 15:48 - Sep 11 by WeWereZombies

Might be worth having a look at the link Darth posted earlier this afternoon before you go off half cocked (which I know I have done in the past and sometimes in response to a post of yours) on this one.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 15:54]

I've not mentioned it again and only looked at the original link briefly. I did briefly look at DKs link - I'll try and have a proper full read later on tonight.

I think the manner of protest is what is unacceptable - that's a historic wall.

SB

The Labour party.... on 15:51 - Sep 11 with 1913 viewsBrixtonBlue

The Labour party.... on 15:45 - Sep 11 by hype313

He won because thousands of Tories (include Glassers) signed up and paid £3 to vote for him.

He then went on to challenge one of the worst PM's in history and lost, but didn't lose as badly as predicted, which is used as a win, for some strange reason.

You still haven't explained how this is a perennial failure.

perennial
pəˈrɛnɪəl/Submit
adjective
lasting or existing for a long or apparently infinite time; enduring or continually recurring.

p.s. No-one has "used (the last election) as a win". He did, however, reduce the deficit massively. Your response is like Ipswich coming 2nd this season and people saying it's a failure because they didn't win the league.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The Labour party.... on 15:53 - Sep 11 with 1890 viewshype313

The Labour party.... on 15:51 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

You still haven't explained how this is a perennial failure.

perennial
pəˈrɛnɪəl/Submit
adjective
lasting or existing for a long or apparently infinite time; enduring or continually recurring.

p.s. No-one has "used (the last election) as a win". He did, however, reduce the deficit massively. Your response is like Ipswich coming 2nd this season and people saying it's a failure because they didn't win the league.

My post was premature.

I'll comeback to it after the next GE, when he fails again.

Login to get fewer ads

The Labour party.... on 15:54 - Sep 11 with 1887 viewsBrixtonBlue

The Labour party.... on 15:49 - Sep 11 by StokieBlue

Me: "If he loses again is Corbynism irrelevant? "

You: "If Corbyn fails twice then I agree that would be the end of Corbynism."

That's exactly what I said so I literally have no idea what you are arguing about and down-voting.

Are you reading the posts or just looking for a fight because you're bored?

SB

I'm not reading the posts.

Apologies, I misread your post to Callis.

I should bow out now. I'm supposed to be working on my book, not wasting time on here!

The Labour party.... on 15:55 - Sep 11 with 1883 viewsBrixtonBlue

The Labour party.... on 15:53 - Sep 11 by hype313

My post was premature.

I'll comeback to it after the next GE, when he fails again.

Haha.

The Labour party.... on 15:56 - Sep 11 with 1877 viewsStokieBlue

The Labour party.... on 15:54 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

I should bow out now. I'm supposed to be working on my book, not wasting time on here!

Ah, fair enough :).

Enjoy the writing.

SB

The Labour party.... on 15:56 - Sep 11 with 1878 viewshype313

The Labour party.... on 15:54 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

What book are you writing? Not to make a joke btw, genuinely intrigued as I wouldn't know where to start.

on 15:57 - Sep 11 with 1877 views_

The Labour party.... on 15:43 - Sep 11 by WeWereZombies

If Blair is centre left then Jon Walters is a goalkeeper.

The Labour party.... on 16:00 - Sep 11 with 1864 viewsDarth_Koont

The Labour party.... on 15:51 - Sep 11 by StokieBlue

I've not mentioned it again and only looked at the original link briefly. I did briefly look at DKs link - I'll try and have a proper full read later on tonight.

I think the manner of protest is what is unacceptable - that's a historic wall.

SB

That's another thing that seems to be debatable. In my link they clearly state they chose the position of the graffiti as it was opposite the last remaining section of the ghetto wall.

It's a shame that they felt the need to be provocative but that's the thing about protests. I can't say I disagree with the underlying message and the idea that it's "tainted with antisemitism" is again typically way off.

From any rational point of view a lot of this stuff is being twisted beyond belief to add more smoke to the anti-semitism "fire".

Pronouns: He/Him

The Labour party.... on 16:02 - Sep 11 with 1852 viewsStokieBlue

The Labour party.... on 16:00 - Sep 11 by Darth_Koont

That's another thing that seems to be debatable. In my link they clearly state they chose the position of the graffiti as it was opposite the last remaining section of the ghetto wall.

It's a shame that they felt the need to be provocative but that's the thing about protests. I can't say I disagree with the underlying message and the idea that it's "tainted with antisemitism" is again typically way off.

From any rational point of view a lot of this stuff is being twisted beyond belief to add more smoke to the anti-semitism "fire".

If it was opposite the wall rather than on it then that's a totally different matter.

SB

The Labour party.... on 16:07 - Sep 11 with 1830 viewsBrixtonBlue

The Labour party.... on 15:56 - Sep 11 by hype313

What book are you writing? Not to make a joke btw, genuinely intrigued as I wouldn't know where to start.

Dry Humour - the story of a socially awkward, heavy drinking ad man who decides to give up alcohol for one year and do stand up comedy poetry.

My life, basically, for one year, without alcohol. Done in a sort of Danny Wallace 'Yes Man' comedy style. With poems.

I didn't know where to start either. So I started with a joke about not knowing where to start.

The Labour party.... on 16:10 - Sep 11 with 1825 viewshype313

The Labour party.... on 16:07 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

Dry Humour - the story of a socially awkward, heavy drinking ad man who decides to give up alcohol for one year and do stand up comedy poetry.

My life, basically, for one year, without alcohol. Done in a sort of Danny Wallace 'Yes Man' comedy style. With poems.

I didn't know where to start either. So I started with a joke about not knowing where to start.

As good as place as any then.

Good luck, I have a friend to attempted to write a book, but kept second guessing his work, which mean't he was always so self critical and it took far longer than he hoped. Don't fall into that trap.

The Labour party.... on 16:20 - Sep 11 with 1801 viewsmonytowbray

The Labour party.... on 15:35 - Sep 11 by Vic

That's really unfair. Joe is one of the most objective, fair and middle of the road posters on here. That he doesn't want to sit and go round and round and over and over the same thing doesn't mean he's running away. That's such a cheap shot C, and you're better than that.

He's done it to me enough times. This odd "You won't accept my views as fact and roll over so I'm going to pretend you're the ignorant one and walk away".

Amazing how much some posters can get away with here just be being a little bit more "likeable".

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

The Labour party.... on 16:24 - Sep 11 with 1793 viewsitfcjoe

The Labour party.... on 14:31 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

Here's the thing. In a way I don't think they are, what with all the infighting and the people who've been against Corbyn from day one.

But I actually think the 'not attacking the Tories enough' is;

A) Refreshing. One of the reasons I'd been turned off from politics for so long is the silly slanging matches and points scoring.

and

B) I think it's quite clever. Just sit back and let the Tories fook themselves up. Corbyn doesn't have to do anything, just sit back and watch them make a complete hash of everything. They created this Brexit mess so watching them slip and slide as they try (and fail) to recover is all he needs to do.

Until election time, then he can come in for the killer blow.

Glassers won't deem this point worthy enough of the debate, but it's my view. People can take it or leave it.

I think point B would be more valid if they were assembling themselves strongly and landing a few punches on the Tories, don't disagree that going all out attack may be the thing to go with - but they don't seem to have a strong and consistent opinion on anything, especially Brexit which will be the biggest political decision of our lifetimes.

The Labour party.... on 16:27 - Sep 11 with 1788 viewsitfcjoe

on 15:14 - Sep 11 by _

Personally, I'd like to see that - it is obviously a huge asterisk, and I don't mean to belittle it, but bar the Iraq War he did a lot of good for the country.

He got swept away by the relationship with America and became more of a religous fundamentalist.

As much as I think anything led by Blair would be in the best interests of the country, I think he is too toxic to stick his name to anything

The Labour party.... on 16:28 - Sep 11 with 1783 viewsNewcyBlue

The Labour party.... on 16:02 - Sep 11 by StokieBlue

If it was opposite the wall rather than on it then that's a totally different matter.

SB

From Koont’s link

“The activists sprayed ‘Liberate All Ghettos’ in Hebrew, followed by ‘Free Gaza and Palestine’ in English on a wall of an original block in the ghetto. The block is across the street from the last fragment of the remaining perimeter wall of the Ghetto. They also hung Palestinian flags from the wall.”

On a wall of an original block in the ghetto across the street from the last fragment of the remaining perimeter wall. It’s on an original block of the wall from the original ghetto.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

The Labour party.... on 16:31 - Sep 11 with 1775 viewsitfcjoe

The Labour party.... on 15:14 - Sep 11 by monytowbray

So because you don't understand the other person you're going to run away from debate but pretend you're right.

Classic Joe!

I understand enough to know that there is no substance to what s/he is saying.

The Labour party.... on 16:32 - Sep 11 with 1769 viewsDarth_Koont

The Labour party.... on 16:28 - Sep 11 by NewcyBlue

From Koont’s link

“The activists sprayed ‘Liberate All Ghettos’ in Hebrew, followed by ‘Free Gaza and Palestine’ in English on a wall of an original block in the ghetto. The block is across the street from the last fragment of the remaining perimeter wall of the Ghetto. They also hung Palestinian flags from the wall.”

On a wall of an original block in the ghetto across the street from the last fragment of the remaining perimeter wall. It’s on an original block of the wall from the original ghetto.

You're trying too hard. It was "a wall" not "the wall". Those buildings aren't a historic monument in that sense.

Pronouns: He/Him

The Labour party.... on 16:34 - Sep 11 with 1756 viewsNewcyBlue

The Labour party.... on 16:32 - Sep 11 by Darth_Koont

You're trying too hard. It was "a wall" not "the wall". Those buildings aren't a historic monument in that sense.

I’m not trying anything.

I read it as being a wall of an original block of the original ghetto.

Whatever my thoughts on the message, the placement of it is poor.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

The Labour party.... on 16:34 - Sep 11 with 1753 viewsitfcjoe

The Labour party.... on 16:20 - Sep 11 by monytowbray

He's done it to me enough times. This odd "You won't accept my views as fact and roll over so I'm going to pretend you're the ignorant one and walk away".

Amazing how much some posters can get away with here just be being a little bit more "likeable".

No, it's just I am genuinely happy to walk away from things when it is clear no agreement can be reached and continue to converse with others about the same subject in a non-offensive manner.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024