Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Labour party.... 08:11 - Sep 11 with 37769 viewsitfcjoe

....I made this mkistake of falling down the Labour rabbit hole on Social Media, it is like rubber necking at an accident site. Absolute carnage on there.

So much in-fighting and disagreements and re-writing of history.

Clair achieved nothing - Sure Start was Tessa Jowell, Minimum Wage was Gordon Brown, etc..............but of course everything bad was solely down to Blair.

Any MP who speaks out about Corbyn or anti-semitism they are trying to get deselected - including someone who won Canterbury for first time (by 186 votes) in forever - although this was all down to Momentum's campaigning and not the candidate at all of course.

Chuka has said that the likes of McDonnell need to 'call off the dogs', you know that common saying.....apparently it means he has called members out as actual dogs. You couldn't make it up.

It would be funny if it wasn't so serious, how do they expect to win an election? All they talk about is how many members they now have as though that is what will win it for them.

I don't understand why being centrist has become such a bad thing, surely most people are or am I just wrong? The nutters I see on both sides of the divide can't be representative of normal people surely? Why don't people want what was New Labour, don't they realise compromises had to be made by likes of Blair and Brown to push through all the reform they did for the poorest people in the country?

It's all very student politics out there, and if there was a GE called now, the Tory party would increase their majority.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Labour party.... on 18:27 - Sep 11 with 1676 viewslowhouseblue

The Labour party.... on 18:00 - Sep 11 by Darth_Koont

The context was the one described in my links.

The context or rather narrative now is that someone scrawled anti-semitic messages on a wall commemorating the tragic deaths of hundreds of thousands of people. And of course, most importantly, that this is exactly the sort of thing that Corbyn and his fellow antisemites stand for.

I think it's pathetic manipulation and indeed a cynical provocation.

trouble is that you are desperate to distract everyone's attention from is that that someone who scrawled anti-semitic messages on a wall commemorating the tragic deaths of hundreds of thousands of people has been invited to speak at an event at the labour party conference. it's shocking. but you really don't care about that.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The Labour party.... on 18:30 - Sep 11 with 1659 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The Labour party.... on 18:17 - Sep 11 by jaseitfc

I voted for Corbyn in 2017 but am by no means a Corbynistas as I really don't like the far left. Anyway, I think though he did better than expected in 2017, it's nothing to get carried away with - The Tories led by May probably in their weakest state in modern times still managed to be the biggest party.

It's true the tide has turned against the Blairites and especially after the shame of Iraq but anyone genuinely on the left should applaud many of New Labours domestic achievements. In their initial years they really improved the NHS, we enjoyed steady economic growth during 97-07, and I daresay if it wasn't for many of us wouldn't have gone to university- he put uni on the working class agenda, minimum wage achieved too.

So I think it's stupid for corbynistas to hate them so much.

Also, nothing wrong with being moderate or centrist- its called being nuanced. The simpletons on the trumpian right or lunatic far left won't get that though

I have a lot of sympathy with the spirit of your post and different issues require varying positions on the left/right spectrum. Unfortunately though in broad terms over the last 40 years the center has drifted further and further to the right.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The Labour party.... on 18:32 - Sep 11 with 1654 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The Labour party.... on 18:27 - Sep 11 by Darth_Koont

Cheers.

I'm largely with you re: Corbyn. I thought he was a catalyst but he's not sharp enough despite being a decent man and he's (mostly unwittingly and unfairly but his own fault as well) too big and convenient a target for negative politics.

Still, the monumental efforts being made to discredit him suggest that he's rattled a few people out there who need rattling and more. Let's hope that these are growing pains on the way to something better and more deserving for the people of this country.

This x 100!

The Labour party.... on 18:34 - Sep 11 with 1660 viewsDarth_Koont

The Labour party.... on 18:27 - Sep 11 by lowhouseblue

trouble is that you are desperate to distract everyone's attention from is that that someone who scrawled anti-semitic messages on a wall commemorating the tragic deaths of hundreds of thousands of people has been invited to speak at an event at the labour party conference. it's shocking. but you really don't care about that.

I thought it was clear that I think that narrative is rubbish.

If it was exactly as you describe e.g. someone scrawling "Kill the Jews" on a Holocaust memorial then you'd clearly have a point. But then I'd never be in disagreement.

Your willingness to read everything in its most sensationalist and politcally damaging way does you no favours. But that's just your nature.

Pronouns: He/Him

The Labour party.... on 18:35 - Sep 11 with 1654 viewslowhouseblue

The Labour party.... on 18:32 - Sep 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

This x 100!

very interesting. both you and groenfart today have indicated that corbyn is no longer the absolute boy. are the tides shifting? are we about to get a new messiah?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The Labour party.... on 18:37 - Sep 11 with 1645 viewslowhouseblue

The Labour party.... on 18:34 - Sep 11 by Darth_Koont

If it was exactly as you describe e.g. someone scrawling "Kill the Jews" on a Holocaust memorial then you'd clearly have a point. But then I'd never be in disagreement.

Your willingness to read everything in its most sensationalist and politcally damaging way does you no favours. But that's just your nature.

glasgow has shown that given the location the graffiti breaks 2 of the tenets of the ihra definition of anti-semitism. you seem oddly blind to it.

The Labour party.... on 18:41 - Sep 11 with 1636 viewsNewcyBlue

Cheers.

I'm largely with you re: Corbyn. I thought he was a catalyst but he's not sharp enough despite being a decent man and he's (mostly unwittingly and unfairly but his own fault as well) too big and convenient a target for negative politics.

Still, the monumental efforts being made to discredit him suggest that he's rattled a few people out there who need rattling and more. Let's hope that these are growing pains on the way to something better and more deserving for the people of this country.

Unfortunately the far left are as bad as the far right.

Corbyn hasn’t made enough of an effort to distance himself from the far left. I think he probably was a decent man with honest intentions, however, I do think he’s lost his way.

When you appeal to extremes, like Corbyn and Rees-Mogg do, you’re likely to be held accountable when you say something that seems to have motivated them. Like the posters that went up around London the other day, Farage and the Brexit immigration stuff, etc.

Unless there’s a wholesale change in the way we approach politics, I fear we are going to have a while of lurching from one side to another. I said a few years back that we would see a lurch to the far right, unfortunately that seems to have happened and keep happening.

Honest politics seems to be an oxymoron, yet it is something that we should expect.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

The Labour party.... on 18:41 - Sep 11 with 1625 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The Labour party.... on 18:35 - Sep 11 by lowhouseblue

very interesting. both you and groenfart today have indicated that corbyn is no longer the absolute boy. are the tides shifting? are we about to get a new messiah?

I have never stated that he was but you can be sure that anybody of the left representing a real alternative will be slandered and you will join in with the usual suspects!
I have never even found him a particularly good orator!
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 18:42]

Login to get fewer ads

The Labour party.... on 18:41 - Sep 11 with 1632 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Labour party.... on 18:34 - Sep 11 by Darth_Koont

It's using a wall that has emotional significance to Jews around the world, after 300,000 Jews were murdered with the bodies of starved children laid in piles like rubbish in the street, to make a point against Israel's occupation of Gazza.

And you don't think that is antisemitic?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The Labour party.... on 18:43 - Sep 11 with 1624 viewslowhouseblue

The Labour party.... on 18:41 - Sep 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

I have never stated that he was but you can be sure that anybody of the left representing a real alternative will be slandered and you will join in with the usual suspects!
I have never even found him a particularly good orator!
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 18:42]

do you think 'the quartermaster' will get the job after corbyn. he is clearly desperately lining himself up for it.

The Labour party.... on 18:44 - Sep 11 with 1613 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The Labour party.... on 18:41 - Sep 11 by GlasgowBlue

It's using a wall that has emotional significance to Jews around the world, after 300,000 Jews were murdered with the bodies of starved children laid in piles like rubbish in the street, to make a point against Israel's occupation of Gazza.

And you don't think that is antisemitic?

Ok so that Jewish pilot is another of the wrong sort of, anti semitic, jew!

The Labour party.... on 18:44 - Sep 11 with 1619 viewsBrixtonBlue

Cheers.

Well said. My position exactly.

It's funny how they claimed him not to be a threat yet go out of their way to find ways to attack him.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The Labour party.... on 18:44 - Sep 11 with 1616 viewsDarth_Koont

The Labour party.... on 18:37 - Sep 11 by lowhouseblue

glasgow has shown that given the location the graffiti breaks 2 of the tenets of the ihra definition of anti-semitism. you seem oddly blind to it.

If so then it's in the way of legitimate opposition as its position was chosen by an Israeli to make a point to his fellow Israelis about ghettos and Gaza.

Expanding that to "blaming all Jews" is a stretch even for you and GB.

Pronouns: He/Him

The Labour party.... on 18:45 - Sep 11 with 1613 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Labour party.... on 18:43 - Sep 11 by lowhouseblue

do you think 'the quartermaster' will get the job after corbyn. he is clearly desperately lining himself up for it.

Chris Williamson seems to be the latest pin-up for the Corbynistas.

McDonnel is too willing to say the right things (wrong things in their minds) when trying to look electable. Williamson, like Jezza, isn't prepared to compromise his words let alone deeds.

Iron Lion Zion

The Labour party.... on 18:47 - Sep 11 with 1602 viewslowhouseblue

The Labour party.... on 18:45 - Sep 11 by GlasgowBlue

Chris Williamson seems to be the latest pin-up for the Corbynistas.

McDonnel is too willing to say the right things (wrong things in their minds) when trying to look electable. Williamson, like Jezza, isn't prepared to compromise his words let alone deeds.

yes i can see they'd like williamson. what a choice!

The Labour party.... on 18:48 - Sep 11 with 1600 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Labour party.... on 18:27 - Sep 11 by lowhouseblue

She seems to be a right charmer

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ff2298fc-b53f-11e8-9605-b6ff09b482a1

Just the sort of person you want a major political party who are serious about forming the next government would want to give a platform to

Iron Lion Zion

The Labour party.... on 18:49 - Sep 11 with 1594 viewsBrixtonBlue

The Labour party.... on 18:35 - Sep 11 by lowhouseblue

No-one said he was the absolute boy or a messiah. They're the claims of those who fear him, in order to belittle. To me and many others, we're not part of some cult. We're just decent people happen to like a lot of the decent things he stands for.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The Labour party.... on 18:50 - Sep 11 with 1592 viewsGromheort

The Labour party.... on 18:17 - Sep 11 by jaseitfc

I voted for Corbyn in 2017 but am by no means a Corbynistas as I really don't like the far left. Anyway, I think though he did better than expected in 2017, it's nothing to get carried away with - The Tories led by May probably in their weakest state in modern times still managed to be the biggest party.

It's true the tide has turned against the Blairites and especially after the shame of Iraq but anyone genuinely on the left should applaud many of New Labours domestic achievements. In their initial years they really improved the NHS, we enjoyed steady economic growth during 97-07, and I daresay if it wasn't for many of us wouldn't have gone to university- he put uni on the working class agenda, minimum wage achieved too.

So I think it's stupid for corbynistas to hate them so much.

Also, nothing wrong with being moderate or centrist- its called being nuanced. The simpletons on the trumpian right or lunatic far left won't get that though

Keep it quiet, but I have a couple of mates who are members of Progress. They're good sorts to be fair. However, let's not kid ourselves that New Labour were 'moderates'. They embraced neoliberalism after all, which is decidedly right wing (and should be alien to the Labour Party).

For every achievement, there's a sting in the tail. Take the NHS. New Labour invested, but they also started the process of privatisation (e.g. profiteering 'independent sector treatment centres'). New Labour increased tertiary education, but they did very little to ensure equality of opportunity (such that there is evidence that 'education, education, education' actually reduced social mobility).

Labour members don't actually hate the 'moderates'. They do have a problem with careerists who have spent the last 3 years spitting down on them, rather than joining the fight against Toryism. That's actually a small group of people. They just seem 'bigger', given that small group are always invited on the BBC.
The Labour party.... on 18:50 - Sep 11 with 1588 viewslowhouseblue

The Labour party.... on 18:44 - Sep 11 by Darth_Koont

If so then it's in the way of legitimate opposition as its position was chosen by an Israeli to make a point to his fellow Israelis about ghettos and Gaza.

Expanding that to "blaming all Jews" is a stretch even for you and GB.

you can have legitimate opposition without resorting to anti-semitism. most people manage it.

The Labour party.... on 18:52 - Sep 11 with 1577 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Labour party.... on 18:49 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

No-one said he was the absolute boy or a messiah. They're the claims of those who fear him, in order to belittle. To me and many others, we're not part of some cult. We're just decent people happen to like a lot of the decent things he stands for.

"No-one said he was the absolute boy"

Iron Lion Zion

The Labour party.... on 18:52 - Sep 11 with 1575 viewslowhouseblue

The Labour party.... on 18:49 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

yep the bit about messiah i made up as a p*ss take. fair cop. but i'm sure i'd heard the phrase 'absolute boy' and i didn't make that up. it's far too of it's time for me to have invented it.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 19:05]

The Labour party.... on 18:53 - Sep 11 with 1571 viewslowhouseblue

The Labour party.... on 18:48 - Sep 11 by GlasgowBlue

She seems to be a right charmer

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ff2298fc-b53f-11e8-9605-b6ff09b482a1

Just the sort of person you want a major political party who are serious about forming the next government would want to give a platform to

it's almost like they're revelling in the anti-semitism crisis and are inviting someone like that just to provoke.

The Labour party.... on 18:55 - Sep 11 with 1554 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The Labour party.... on 18:43 - Sep 11 by lowhouseblue

The little I know of LP politics I would like the fella from Naaarwch to have a pop, but he's probably an anti semite or something.....I have stated many times that from observations during the miners strike I have no time for SWP types etc....especially that w@nker from Livetpool council!

The Labour party.... on 19:01 - Sep 11 with 1541 viewsBrixtonBlue

The Labour party.... on 18:52 - Sep 11 by GlasgowBlue

"No-one said he was the absolute boy"

Wow that's desperate, even for you.

The TITLE of one bloke's video (it's just the title, he doesn't even say it once in the actual video) posted on YouTube a year and 3 months ago, seen by hardly anyone (including me I might ad).

I'm really sorry I haven't seen everything that's on the internet in the last two years. My humblest apologies FFS.

The Labour party.... on 19:04 - Sep 11 with 1526 viewsBrixtonBlue

The Labour party.... on 18:52 - Sep 11 by lowhouseblue

yep the bit about messiah i made up as a p*ss take. fair cop. but i'm sure i'd heard the phrase 'absolute boy' and i didn't make that up. it's far too of it's time for me to have invented it.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 19:05]

It's a silly meaningless phrase said by the yoof I believe.

But luckily we have Glassers and he has trawled the internet for us to find it on the title of one bloke's homemade video from a year and a quarter ago!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024