Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Labour party.... 08:11 - Sep 11 with 37741 viewsitfcjoe

....I made this mkistake of falling down the Labour rabbit hole on Social Media, it is like rubber necking at an accident site. Absolute carnage on there.

So much in-fighting and disagreements and re-writing of history.

Clair achieved nothing - Sure Start was Tessa Jowell, Minimum Wage was Gordon Brown, etc..............but of course everything bad was solely down to Blair.

Any MP who speaks out about Corbyn or anti-semitism they are trying to get deselected - including someone who won Canterbury for first time (by 186 votes) in forever - although this was all down to Momentum's campaigning and not the candidate at all of course.

Chuka has said that the likes of McDonnell need to 'call off the dogs', you know that common saying.....apparently it means he has called members out as actual dogs. You couldn't make it up.

It would be funny if it wasn't so serious, how do they expect to win an election? All they talk about is how many members they now have as though that is what will win it for them.

I don't understand why being centrist has become such a bad thing, surely most people are or am I just wrong? The nutters I see on both sides of the divide can't be representative of normal people surely? Why don't people want what was New Labour, don't they realise compromises had to be made by likes of Blair and Brown to push through all the reform they did for the poorest people in the country?

It's all very student politics out there, and if there was a GE called now, the Tory party would increase their majority.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Labour party.... on 13:24 - Sep 11 with 2354 viewsVic

The Labour party.... on 09:44 - Sep 11 by StokieBlue

I didn't know about this, just looked it up, that is absolutely awful.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/warsaw-ghetto-vandal-to-speak-at-momentums-co

Unbelievable.

SB

You are kidding me, right? Please, please tell me this Tory smears and that she is not really going to speak?

You could not make this up!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

The Labour party.... on 13:25 - Sep 11 with 2354 viewslowhouseblue

The Labour party.... on 13:20 - Sep 11 by Gromheort

You didn't answer the questions. Where are these Trotskyist? Why haven't they done anything? And why aren't they fighting against democratisation of the party? Or do you think democracy is a Trotsky phenomenon?

by 'democratisation' you mean the planned witch hunt of moderate mps. your double speak is very Orwellian.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The Labour party.... on 13:29 - Sep 11 with 2344 viewsGromheort

The Labour party.... on 13:25 - Sep 11 by lowhouseblue

by 'democratisation' you mean the planned witch hunt of moderate mps. your double speak is very Orwellian.

So you're against democratic practices? I'm not surprised.
The Labour party.... on 13:30 - Sep 11 with 2336 viewslowhouseblue

The Labour party.... on 13:29 - Sep 11 by Gromheort

So you're against democratic practices? I'm not surprised.

i'm going to stop now. i'm just giving you attention.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The Labour party.... on 13:34 - Sep 11 with 2324 viewsGromheort

The Labour party.... on 13:30 - Sep 11 by lowhouseblue

i'm going to stop now. i'm just giving you attention.

Great. First, I'm off to work. Second, arguing against democracy would only make you look silly.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 13:35]
The Labour party.... on 13:35 - Sep 11 with 2317 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Labour party.... on 13:10 - Sep 11 by Vic

Joe - what have you done? You after a 20 pager?

I've noticed that there is a thread within a thread.

On the one hand Joe has tried to encourage a decent debate about the current state of the Labour party. On the other we have Dolly and Banksy teaming up to have a pop at me and posting PM's.

A shame really because Steve, Joe, Lowhouse and others are making some decent points which are being lost.

And for that reason I am out. I have a flying lesson in an hour. If I crash I love you all. Even the bully boys. xx

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The Labour party.... on 13:37 - Sep 11 with 2311 viewsWeWereZombies

The Labour party.... on 10:02 - Sep 11 by Basuco

In 1980 Michael Foot was made leader of the Labour party, you did not need a PHD in political science to know he would never be elected Prime Minister, that error was then compounded by replacing him with Neil Kinnock another who stood no chance of ever being Prime Minister. Every hardened Labour supporter must have known this at the time but for some reason seemed happy to put up an unelectable leader for election, history proves this was a massive mistake, but it was also so obvious that Labour must of had no intention of wanting to govern the Country at that time. I can't see Jeremy Corbyn winning a single general election let alone the three in a row that Tony Blair did. But I might be wrong and Boris will be enough to tip the balance back to JC.

I think Kinnock was electable but that bizarre US style rally in Sheffield put quite a few unaligned voters off Labour. Then the tragedy of John Smith's death paved the way for Blair - and the Iraq war.

I think we would all be living in a better and more peaceful Britain if Smith had not had that heart attack and that we should be wary of politicians and media that fall short of standards set in the past for very good reasons.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

The Labour party.... on 13:39 - Sep 11 with 2303 viewsSpruceMoose

The Labour party.... on 08:54 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

In your opinion. Not everyone agrees with you.

Do you think Labour are acting as a credible party of opposition currently Dolly?

Personally, I sure as hell don't.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

The Labour party.... on 13:39 - Sep 11 with 2297 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Labour party.... on 13:24 - Sep 11 by Vic

You are kidding me, right? Please, please tell me this Tory smears and that she is not really going to speak?

Sadly not Vic. I have been reading messages on an anti- antisemitism forum from people who lost family in the Warsaw ghetto who are literally in tears over this.

Some of the pictures they are posting are like something from a horror movie. Pictures that you would not believe could be caused by human beings.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The Labour party.... on 13:41 - Sep 11 with 2295 viewsSpruceMoose

The Labour party.... on 09:30 - Sep 11 by GlasgowBlue

The polling org you quote, Survation, were the only one who called the election right.

However, you seem to have climaxed somewhat prematurely by claiming this was the latest poll. It isn't. In fact it isn't even the latest Survation poll.

I will now spend the rest of the day chasing you around the internet demanding you admit to being wrong. Oh. no I won't. Because I'm not some sort of weido desperate to score points on a football message board.

Nah, you'll just chase him round about a hundred other points, because, well, you are a bit of a weirdo in that way

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

The Labour party.... on 13:43 - Sep 11 with 2281 viewsSpruceMoose

The Labour party.... on 10:12 - Sep 11 by GlasgowBlue

Indeed, I go away for the weekend and come back to find a conspiracy that I have been responsible for banksy having threads removed and my internet usage being monitored.

Sad doesn’t even begin to describe it.

I'll tell you what's sad, all of you lot, doing this day in and day out. It's like fooking Groundhog Day for the politically biased and inept.

You all need your heads knocking together!
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 13:44]

The Labour party.... on 13:46 - Sep 11 with 2253 viewsStokieBlue

The Labour party.... on 13:43 - Sep 11 by SpruceMoose

I'll tell you what's sad, all of you lot, doing this day in and day out. It's like fooking Groundhog Day for the politically biased and inept.

You all need your heads knocking together!
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 13:44]

Rutting?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The Labour party.... on 13:52 - Sep 11 with 2230 viewsSpruceMoose

The Labour party.... on 13:46 - Sep 11 by StokieBlue

Rutting?

SB

I'm done for the year. I need to rest up until next spring time.

6798 kids and counting!

The Labour party.... on 14:20 - Sep 11 with 2174 viewsBrixtonBlue

The Labour party.... on 13:35 - Sep 11 by GlasgowBlue

I've noticed that there is a thread within a thread.

On the one hand Joe has tried to encourage a decent debate about the current state of the Labour party. On the other we have Dolly and Banksy teaming up to have a pop at me and posting PM's.

A shame really because Steve, Joe, Lowhouse and others are making some decent points which are being lost.

And for that reason I am out. I have a flying lesson in an hour. If I crash I love you all. Even the bully boys. xx

Unbelievable.

You have a pop at me but I'm at fault.

I feel I have added to this debate with balanced views. I even thanked SB for an interesting article he linked. I've not remotely had a problem with anyone here - except you, as usual.

And the people you cite as making decent points are the ones that agree with you.

Must be fun in your echo chamber.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The Labour party.... on 14:31 - Sep 11 with 2147 viewsBrixtonBlue

The Labour party.... on 13:39 - Sep 11 by SpruceMoose

Do you think Labour are acting as a credible party of opposition currently Dolly?

Personally, I sure as hell don't.

Here's the thing. In a way I don't think they are, what with all the infighting and the people who've been against Corbyn from day one.

But I actually think the 'not attacking the Tories enough' is;

A) Refreshing. One of the reasons I'd been turned off from politics for so long is the silly slanging matches and points scoring.

and

B) I think it's quite clever. Just sit back and let the Tories fook themselves up. Corbyn doesn't have to do anything, just sit back and watch them make a complete hash of everything. They created this Brexit mess so watching them slip and slide as they try (and fail) to recover is all he needs to do.

Until election time, then he can come in for the killer blow.

Glassers won't deem this point worthy enough of the debate, but it's my view. People can take it or leave it.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The Labour party.... on 14:34 - Sep 11 with 2138 viewsSpruceMoose

The Labour party.... on 14:31 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

Here's the thing. In a way I don't think they are, what with all the infighting and the people who've been against Corbyn from day one.

But I actually think the 'not attacking the Tories enough' is;

A) Refreshing. One of the reasons I'd been turned off from politics for so long is the silly slanging matches and points scoring.

and

B) I think it's quite clever. Just sit back and let the Tories fook themselves up. Corbyn doesn't have to do anything, just sit back and watch them make a complete hash of everything. They created this Brexit mess so watching them slip and slide as they try (and fail) to recover is all he needs to do.

Until election time, then he can come in for the killer blow.

Glassers won't deem this point worthy enough of the debate, but it's my view. People can take it or leave it.

I think your point B might have some merit for them if they weren't filling their time going round punching themselves in the face.

Like you say we will see around election time, but I don't have your faith that there's some master plan crafted by Corbyn waiting to be deployed.

The Labour party.... on 14:34 - Sep 11 with 2140 viewsElGuaje4

'If there was a GE called now, the Tory party would increase their majority.'

What majority????????
The Labour party.... on 14:47 - Sep 11 with 2108 viewsDarth_Koont

The Labour party.... on 13:24 - Sep 11 by Vic

I don't like how provocative it is but I get the underlying point her and the Israeli protesters were making.

http://www.kampania-palestyna.pl/index.php/2010/06/29/gaza-freedom-graffiti-in-t

The ex-Israeli Air Force guy sums it up at the end about not being silent.

Pronouns: He/Him

The Labour party.... on 14:48 - Sep 11 with 2103 viewsBrixtonBlue

The Labour party.... on 14:34 - Sep 11 by ElGuaje4

'If there was a GE called now, the Tory party would increase their majority.'

What majority????????

Good point, I'm amazed no-one spotted that till now!

The Labour party.... on 14:52 - Sep 11 with 2084 viewsBrixtonBlue

The Labour party.... on 14:34 - Sep 11 by SpruceMoose

I think your point B might have some merit for them if they weren't filling their time going round punching themselves in the face.

Like you say we will see around election time, but I don't have your faith that there's some master plan crafted by Corbyn waiting to be deployed.

I said that things were turning well before the last election, that Labour was gaining momentum (if you pardon the pun) under Corbyn. I was laughed at by Glassers and co, saying Corbyn wasn't a threat.

But Labour came much closer than anyone predicted. I said at the time it's the long game and that Corbyn would win out in the end. I stand by that now.

These things take time.

The Labour party.... on 14:56 - Sep 11 with 2065 viewsSpruceMoose

The Labour party.... on 14:52 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

I said that things were turning well before the last election, that Labour was gaining momentum (if you pardon the pun) under Corbyn. I was laughed at by Glassers and co, saying Corbyn wasn't a threat.

But Labour came much closer than anyone predicted. I said at the time it's the long game and that Corbyn would win out in the end. I stand by that now.

These things take time.

The problem with staying quiet is sooner or later people are going to want to know what you stand for, and they may not expect or like the answer they get. At the moment a blank Labour is letting a lot of people project their hopes onto them.

I think there are an awful lot of young people assuming Labour under Corbyn are looking to reverse Brexit for example. I think that eventually they'll be disappointed.

The Labour party.... on 15:00 - Sep 11 with 2051 viewsBrixtonBlue

The Labour party.... on 14:56 - Sep 11 by SpruceMoose

The problem with staying quiet is sooner or later people are going to want to know what you stand for, and they may not expect or like the answer they get. At the moment a blank Labour is letting a lot of people project their hopes onto them.

I think there are an awful lot of young people assuming Labour under Corbyn are looking to reverse Brexit for example. I think that eventually they'll be disappointed.

Labour isn't blank. They had a comprehensive manifesto out that details what they believe in.

Brexit might be a little unclear to some but to call Labour blank is just false.

The Labour party.... on 15:11 - Sep 11 with 2020 viewsSteve_M

The Labour party.... on 15:00 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

Labour isn't blank. They had a comprehensive manifesto out that details what they believe in.

Brexit might be a little unclear to some but to call Labour blank is just false.

What do you mean by "Brexit might be a little unclear to some"? What is the Labour Party policy here?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The Labour party.... on 15:13 - Sep 11 with 2015 viewsSpruceMoose

The Labour party.... on 15:00 - Sep 11 by BrixtonBlue

Not on the large issues like Brexit. Their stance on that isn't unclear, it bordering on misleading. I think they're quite happy to remain vague on some of their stances which would play badly among their younger supporters.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 15:14]

on 15:14 - Sep 11 with 2012 views_

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024