Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hurst is surely gone after that 17:18 - Sep 22 with 15195 viewsSteve_M

Crap, never threatened to score. We look like we could go all season without winning a game.

Evans half-arsed ownership was bailed out by McCarthy. The gap shows now. We're going down.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:57 - Sep 22 with 2857 viewsGlasgowBlue

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:50 - Sep 22 by Steve_M

At the time, I thought you called Jewell too early but it's the same again now. And, as you say, it's the off-pitch stuff that's a deeper concern. If we can't ever build on Tuesday against a poor side then we're in trouble.

It just seems like one step forward then two back. A rousing second half performance against Villa followed by a defeat to Derby. A decent second half against Brentford followed by today.

We can't seem to carry any momentum forward and that is down to the constant changes.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:58 - Sep 22 with 2854 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:22 - Sep 22 by GlasgowBlue

I'm not one to call for a manager's head so early into the season and if it was purely down to results I'd be prepared to give him more time.

But there are too many people who have decent connections to the club coming out with tales of Hurst and Doig pissing everybody off. Add that to the constant chopping and changing for no reason and I would now say it's time to cut our losses.

Annoyingly we will now get another Mick type manager to save our season rather than a young up and coming manager who would be looking at things for the long term.

With that squad may as well stick til January.......sadly!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:59 - Sep 22 with 2844 viewsGuthrum

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:29 - Sep 22 by Trequartista

The problem with sacking Hurst is that the new manager still has to pick from the same group of sub-standard players.

We saw in 2012 that someone strong-willed, motivational and organised can take a shambolic, incapable rabble and turn them into something effective enough to survive in this division.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:59 - Sep 22 with 2835 viewspointofblue

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:55 - Sep 22 by Ely_Blue

Tight budget you say? That may be the case but it was he who made so many wholesale changes and sanctioned spunking all the money on completely changing the entire team

Waghorn, Webster and Garner wanted to go whilst most of our loanees and short term signings had left before Hurst joined. He had to rebuild and do it on the cash he had.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Hurst is surely gone after that on 18:02 - Sep 22 with 2812 viewsJ2BLUE

Two shots on target is dire. Bolton didn't have any. I never understand why we don't shoot from distance more in these situations. Try and get a rebound, a deflection or just make them press higher, especially when you have Jackson who can run in behind.

I am interested in what Hurst has to say after that.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Hurst is surely gone after that on 18:03 - Sep 22 with 2793 viewspointofblue

Hurst is surely gone after that on 18:02 - Sep 22 by J2BLUE

Two shots on target is dire. Bolton didn't have any. I never understand why we don't shoot from distance more in these situations. Try and get a rebound, a deflection or just make them press higher, especially when you have Jackson who can run in behind.

Did you see our shots from range today? The floodlights were more at risk than the goal.

Hurst is surely gone after that on 18:03 - Sep 22 with 2790 viewsBluesquid

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:48 - Sep 22 by brazil1982

Players aren't the problem - it's the coaching and tactics.

All i saw today was pass after pass hit astray and sub standard crossing and that is down to footballing ability or lack of it should i say.

I was behind Hurst's appointment but with these new signing's and added to the old guard - got to face fact's now the team is sh*te.

Just look at the season before last, we were just as bad then but one player's goals made the difference and we avoided relegation, we might not be so lucky this time.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2018 18:05]
Hurst is surely gone after that on 18:03 - Sep 22 with 2791 viewsSpruceMoose

Hurst is surely gone after that on 18:02 - Sep 22 by J2BLUE

"Tough breaking down a ten man team".

Guarantee it.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Hurst is surely gone after that on 18:06 - Sep 22 with 2748 viewsDubtractor

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:59 - Sep 22 by Guthrum

We saw in 2012 that someone strong-willed, motivational and organised can take a shambolic, incapable rabble and turn them into something effective enough to survive in this division.

To be fair though, we aren't shambolic and disorganised, we look pretty good when we don't have the ball, we just look utterly clueless when we do have it.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Hurst is surely gone after that on 18:06 - Sep 22 with 2745 viewsagentp

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:52 - Sep 22 by pointofblue

The squad that had the fans sing "Mick McCarthy your football is s**t" last season and the year before, you mean?

Webster, Waghorn and Garner wanted to go - maybe we could have held firm and said no but, to be fair, I think it was Mick himself who said there's no point keeping an upset player. The majority of the rest who left did so before Hurst even arrived meaning he had a rebuilding job on arrival.

I think he means the team that had scored 20 goals by this time last season - that sh1t team. It wasn't great viewing but this is far worse.

I would imagine some of the players who wanted to leave may have wanted to stay with had Mick stayed. I would imagine we would still have Garner and Waghorn. Mcgoldrick i think would have gone and I think Mick would have taken the cash for Webster,

I also think CCV would be here had Mick stayed, but we can speculate. It is obvious that PH is the wrong craftsman for this toolbox.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Hurst is surely gone after that on 18:07 - Sep 22 with 2735 viewsParamedic

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:51 - Sep 22 by Paramedic

I was very excited about Hursts arrival as I believe we're a lot of us. After the dross endured under MM this seemed a refreshing switch. The opening game gave us glimpses of hope and what could be. The sales of quality players of Waghorn, Garner and Webster raised eyebrows but most of us recall the sale of Dyer all those years ago allowing the manager to build a side fit for promotion. Alas, not this time people. Our new manager has filled the side with some players not fit to wear the shirt let alone grace the Championship, a tough league with so much at stake. For me Paul Hurst is out of his depth at this club. Guidance is required from an experienced candidate immediately and even then just avoiding the drop will be a successful season.

Oh and the fact that he overlooks the likes of Dozzell and Sears every week makes my p**s boil!

AllalallalSunderland

Hurst is surely gone after that on 18:11 - Sep 22 with 2695 viewspointofblue

Hurst is surely gone after that on 18:06 - Sep 22 by agentp

I think he means the team that had scored 20 goals by this time last season - that sh1t team. It wasn't great viewing but this is far worse.

I would imagine some of the players who wanted to leave may have wanted to stay with had Mick stayed. I would imagine we would still have Garner and Waghorn. Mcgoldrick i think would have gone and I think Mick would have taken the cash for Webster,

I also think CCV would be here had Mick stayed, but we can speculate. It is obvious that PH is the wrong craftsman for this toolbox.

I personally think there was a lot of bitterness from the old guard towards the fans for pushing Mick out and the likes of Waghorn, Webster and Garner said thank you very much and hot footed it out of here at the first opportunity after his departure. I agree, if Mick had stayed they may have done as well.

For those who are left, if his replacement is bullish, headstrong, tempermental and argumentative it's going to increase the longing for the 'good old days' as, even though the fans were against them the management team backed them to the hilt. Now it could be a case they're getting it from both sides.

As an aside, I don't think we could have afforded Carter-Vickers with Swansea interested.

Hurst is surely gone after that on 18:11 - Sep 22 with 2696 viewsTrequartista

Hurst is surely gone after that on 17:59 - Sep 22 by Guthrum

But that team had good enough players to do better, i don't think this one does.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Hurst is surely gone after that on 18:16 - Sep 22 with 2661 viewslowhouseblue

i'm ashamed to be posting this, and i hope the rest of the season makes me look like a panicking idiot, but we need to do the unthinkable and sack a manager after 9 games. he's clueless and we've gone dramatically backwards. damn.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Hurst is surely gone after that on 18:17 - Sep 22 with 2657 viewsagentp

Hurst is surely gone after that on 18:11 - Sep 22 by pointofblue

I personally think there was a lot of bitterness from the old guard towards the fans for pushing Mick out and the likes of Waghorn, Webster and Garner said thank you very much and hot footed it out of here at the first opportunity after his departure. I agree, if Mick had stayed they may have done as well.

For those who are left, if his replacement is bullish, headstrong, tempermental and argumentative it's going to increase the longing for the 'good old days' as, even though the fans were against them the management team backed them to the hilt. Now it could be a case they're getting it from both sides.

As an aside, I don't think we could have afforded Carter-Vickers with Swansea interested.

Agree with that except CCV. CCV was a late addition to the Swansea set up. I think had MM been here he would have been recruited long before Swansea were interested.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Hurst is surely gone after that on 18:17 - Sep 22 with 2647 viewspointofblue

Hurst is surely gone after that on 18:16 - Sep 22 by lowhouseblue

i'm ashamed to be posting this, and i hope the rest of the season makes me look like a panicking idiot, but we need to do the unthinkable and sack a manager after 9 games. he's clueless and we've gone dramatically backwards. damn.

What, in two halves of football? Considering the amount of promise we showed in the second half against Brentford?

Hurst is surely gone after that on 18:18 - Sep 22 with 2645 viewsSpruceMoose

Hurst is surely gone after that on 18:16 - Sep 22 by lowhouseblue

That's exactly how I feel. I feel like I'm flouncing. I've become all I hate. But he's got to go.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Hurst is surely gone after that on 20:14 - Sep 22 with 2439 viewsbrogansnose

He needs to go Steve and now if there's any chance to avoid the drop.
Hurst is surely gone after that on 20:21 - Sep 22 with 2410 viewsDanTheMan

Hurst is surely gone after that on 20:14 - Sep 22 by brogansnose

He needs to go Steve and now if there's any chance to avoid the drop.

This was always the gamble. Hell, with Hurst it seemed a really sound bet.

I just cannot see where he goes from here. I hope I'm wrong and we win the next few games and we'll all look like a bunch of idiots but nothing so far has suggested we're getting better if anything we've gone backwards from the first few games.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Hurst is surely gone after that on 20:27 - Sep 22 with 2384 viewsbrogansnose

Hurst is surely gone after that on 20:21 - Sep 22 by DanTheMan

This was always the gamble. Hell, with Hurst it seemed a really sound bet.

I just cannot see where he goes from here. I hope I'm wrong and we win the next few games and we'll all look like a bunch of idiots but nothing so far has suggested we're getting better if anything we've gone backwards from the first few games.

I would be perfectly happy to look like a flouncing idiot and be proved wrong. Hurst was in my top three to take over from Mick but sometimes you have to put your hand up and say that you were wrong. I would be happier if I could see signs of gelling and improvement but like you say, its getting worse. Evans needs to cut his losses and get rid because relegation would truly be disastrous for the club.
Hurst is surely gone after that on 21:11 - Sep 22 with 2318 viewsLeagueOne

I am glad someone said it - while I dont think he should go this month but if we're looking this bad by mid-October then even the most fanatical of the TWTD optimists has to accept Hurst has been a huge flop here.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Hurst is surely gone after that on 21:11 - Sep 22 with 2317 viewsCuffy81

You are one of the most rational and balanced posters on here, so for you to say this underlines how bad today really was was.

Very few positives to take out out of today, our movement off the ball was non existent, we didn't make the pitch big against ten men, everything was laboured, the Walters debacle capped off a thoroughly regrettable performance. I really thought we would push on from a positive second half on Tuesday.

My only positive was Edun who showed more urgency and desire than our whole midfield put together.

We look dispirited and disinterested the biggest concern is the root cause is from events off the pitch, not on it.
Hurst is surely gone after that on 21:22 - Sep 22 with 2282 viewsLeagueOne

Hurst is surely gone after that on 21:11 - Sep 22 by Cuffy81

You are one of the most rational and balanced posters on here, so for you to say this underlines how bad today really was was.

Very few positives to take out out of today, our movement off the ball was non existent, we didn't make the pitch big against ten men, everything was laboured, the Walters debacle capped off a thoroughly regrettable performance. I really thought we would push on from a positive second half on Tuesday.

My only positive was Edun who showed more urgency and desire than our whole midfield put together.

We look dispirited and disinterested the biggest concern is the root cause is from events off the pitch, not on it.

Look at it this way - if this continues we are going down and could go down at a record rate. That's as bad an Ipswich side as anyone has ever brought here, if not the worse we have ever had.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Hurst is surely gone after that on 21:26 - Sep 22 with 2265 viewsFrimleyBlue

Love how this gets 6, uppies.
I say same thing. Down arrow and abuse galore. Brilliant

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Hurst is surely gone after that on 21:27 - Sep 22 with 2263 viewsSpruceMoose

Hurst is surely gone after that on 21:26 - Sep 22 by FrimleyBlue

Love how this gets 6, uppies.
I say same thing. Down arrow and abuse galore. Brilliant

It's not what you say it's how you say it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024