Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What does Hurst change for Brum? 21:10 - Sep 23 with 6140 viewsKeaneish

No doubt our lack of attacking edge is cause for concern. We're not shipping that many goals so it's obvious where the problem lies. So what does he need to change?

One of two things need to happen as a minimum. Either the two wide men play narrower making us tighter and compact allowing full backs space to bomb on or, the wide men play wider allowing space for midfielders to break beyond or support the front man better.

If we adopt the first approach, Donacien has to start. If we adopt the second any combination of Chalobah, Nolan, Edun, Harrison or Sears play with Skuse. All have their own merits. Most struggling for form.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

What does Hurst change for Brum? on 21:13 - Sep 23 with 5060 viewsJakeITFC

His job?
What does Hurst change for Brum? on 21:13 - Sep 23 with 5075 viewsSteve_M

His job.

If he is still here he needs to stop changing everything all the bloody time and stick to the approach we started the season with. Changing things around every other match isn't helping anyone at the moment but is a sign of desperation.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What does Hurst change for Brum? on 21:18 - Sep 23 with 5036 viewsKeaneish

What does Hurst change for Brum? on 21:13 - Sep 23 by Steve_M

His job.

If he is still here he needs to stop changing everything all the bloody time and stick to the approach we started the season with. Changing things around every other match isn't helping anyone at the moment but is a sign of desperation.

Bolton was the same approach. Agreed though. Consistency is key, look at Watford, unchanged since the season started.

What does Hurst change for Brum? on 22:26 - Sep 23 with 4962 viewsMenton

We need to start scoring goals to even look like winning a game so I would play Nolan and Edun in front of Skuse. Might give us a bit more threat.

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

What does Hurst change for Brum? on 23:48 - Sep 23 with 4878 viewsStNeotsBlue

What does Hurst change for Brum? on 22:26 - Sep 23 by Menton

We need to start scoring goals to even look like winning a game so I would play Nolan and Edun in front of Skuse. Might give us a bit more threat.

I can't see where the goals are going to come from though. We don't create enough chances and we don't have a plan b.

The centre of our midfield is wrong, totally lacking something to hurt our opponents.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2018 23:57]
What does Hurst change for Brum? on 23:59 - Sep 23 with 4854 viewsGarv

What does Hurst change for Brum? on 23:48 - Sep 23 by StNeotsBlue

I can't see where the goals are going to come from though. We don't create enough chances and we don't have a plan b.

The centre of our midfield is wrong, totally lacking something to hurt our opponents.

We need a goal from a set piece for me. We're not creating chances as you say but I think if we can score a scrappy one or a header from a corner it might at least bag us some confidence. We came close on Saturday but only one decent ball was delivered the whole game really. That's why I feel Graham should play.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

What does Hurst change for Brum? on 00:31 - Sep 24 with 4821 viewsHorseboy

Where the transfer window opens and shuts.
What does Hurst change for Brum? on 02:25 - Sep 24 with 4760 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Gerken
Donacien / Nsiala / Chambers / Knudsen
Skuse / Chalobah
Edwards / Edun / Graham
Jackson

Still miles off though in terms of creation. Still miss that championship proven no.9.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Login to get fewer ads

What does Hurst change for Brum? on 06:30 - Sep 24 with 4699 viewsbrogansnose

What does Hurst change for Brum? on 02:25 - Sep 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

Gerken
Skuse / Chalobah
Edwards / Edun / Graham
Jackson

Still miles off though in terms of creation. Still miss that championship proven no.9.

That's not a bad line up. The striker, and Jackson is the better striker thus far, needs to have have more support from midfield. Its been noticable that when we have had some decent play that this has happened.
What does Hurst change for Brum? on 06:37 - Sep 24 with 4693 viewsCurrie10

Absolutely no idea.

Donacien, is he LB / CB / RB / bench or not in the 18!? I guess Walters being injured he's likely to be in the 18.

But that's it, I just don't know with Hurst at all!

I didn't see Pennington RB coming!?
What does Hurst change for Brum? on 07:29 - Sep 24 with 4634 viewsWarkystache

What does Hurst change for Brum? on 02:25 - Sep 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

Gerken
Skuse / Chalobah
Edwards / Edun / Graham
Jackson

Gerks/Bart (if he's in form in training?)

Donacien/Nsiala/Chambers/Knuds
Skuse/Chalobah
Edwards/Huws/Edun
Jackson

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

What does Hurst change for Brum? on 07:45 - Sep 24 with 4600 viewsHerbivore

I don't really see the point of Chalobah just now so I'd drop him for Edun and have Skuse as the midfield anchor with Nolan and Edun in front. Gives us a bit more movement, energy and creativity in the midfield. I'd also bring Donacien back in. That'd be it though, we need to largely keep the team and personnel the same if we're ever going to progress.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What does Hurst change for Brum? on 08:04 - Sep 24 with 4560 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

Points well made, however we have a manager who has stripped the confidence of a lot of the players and who hasn’t got a clue what system to play and who to play. It’ll be names drawn from a hat again I suspect.
I’d like to see him gone beforehand, as I can see three more defeats before the next international break by which time we’ll be deeply in trouble already.
What does Hurst change for Brum? on 08:18 - Sep 24 with 4520 viewsgordon

Just practise set-pieces all week. Work out who is the best at taking them and attacking them (and defending them), put them in the team.
What does Hurst change for Brum? on 09:50 - Sep 24 with 4431 viewsrickw

______________Gerken
Donacien__Nsiala__Chambers__Knudsen
___________Skuse__Edun
______________Nolan
____Edwards____________Graham
_____________Jackson

More of a 4-3-3, emphasis has to be on the 2 widemen to get close to Jackson and Nolan free in midfield to create

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

What does Hurst change for Brum? on 10:25 - Sep 24 with 4377 viewsLord_Lucan

His job

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What does Hurst change for Brum? on 10:29 - Sep 24 with 4359 viewsKeaneish

What does Hurst change for Brum? on 07:45 - Sep 24 by Herbivore

I don't really see the point of Chalobah just now so I'd drop him for Edun and have Skuse as the midfield anchor with Nolan and Edun in front. Gives us a bit more movement, energy and creativity in the midfield. I'd also bring Donacien back in. That'd be it though, we need to largely keep the team and personnel the same if we're ever going to progress.

Yeah, have to agree. I like Chalobah as a player but too prone to silly mistakes. I'd give anything for a match fit Huws, Bishop and Dozzell right now. Different Dynamics.

What does Hurst change for Brum? on 10:31 - Sep 24 with 4352 viewsNo9

PH has so far managed to have virtually no settled position except, skipper, Skuse (if fit), & Knudsen.
It appears to be a strategy not working.
A new strategy has to be developed around the players he has brought to ITFC
If that doesn't work he knows his options.
What does Hurst change for Brum? on 10:32 - Sep 24 with 4350 viewsBiGDonnie

Probably everything!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

What does Hurst change for Brum? on 10:46 - Sep 24 with 4326 viewsBluebell

Against my better judgement (although I have decided not to go to away games while we are playing such rubbish football) I have got tickets for us and 3 family members as it will only take an hour to get to Birmingham!

We all went at the end of last season and it was one of Mick's last games. The atmosphere was dreadful and we lost of course.

Please Paul Hurst, try to win this game or my family won't want to go to football again.
What does Hurst change for Brum? on 10:59 - Sep 24 with 4298 viewsunstableblue

He's got 3 games to save this season, and perhaps his career at Ipswich, needs to bag a win.

I think he should try and stick with plan A... and in my view Ward and right back were weak links. Jeeze Ward's corners alone are worth dropping him for. I like Ward but he just doesn't deliver consistently/

Clearly Nolan was poor or seemingly lacking ideas - he still did do a few things right, and doesn't deserve the beating from the board. He was dropped against Brentford and then came good second half. I'd perservere and fix other issues, my team would be:

Gerken
Donacien Chambo Toto Knudsen (and put a rocket up him)
------Skuse Chalobah
Edwards-----Nolan------Edun
------------Jackson

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

What does Hurst change for Brum? on 11:06 - Sep 24 with 4286 viewsCoastalblue

What does Hurst change for Brum? on 10:59 - Sep 24 by unstableblue

He's got 3 games to save this season, and perhaps his career at Ipswich, needs to bag a win.

I think he should try and stick with plan A... and in my view Ward and right back were weak links. Jeeze Ward's corners alone are worth dropping him for. I like Ward but he just doesn't deliver consistently/

Clearly Nolan was poor or seemingly lacking ideas - he still did do a few things right, and doesn't deserve the beating from the board. He was dropped against Brentford and then came good second half. I'd perservere and fix other issues, my team would be:

Gerken
Donacien Chambo Toto Knudsen (and put a rocket up him)
------Skuse Chalobah
Edwards-----Nolan------Edun
------------Jackson

I think there's a player in there with Nolan but his confidence is shot to pieces, he's trying too hard and thinking about things rather than being instinctive hence he's dithering and misplacing passes.

I'd take him out of the starting 11 and bring him on from the bench later on in the game. The issue being of course who do you get to play that role instead?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

What does Hurst change for Brum? on 11:16 - Sep 24 with 4268 viewsFrimleyBlue

Worrying thing, I don't see any changes that could be made which would actually turn this team into a competitive championship outfit until we get to January and get some reinforcements in.

Chalobah, Nolan, Edun, Harrison, Jackson, Sears, Skuse, Ward, Edwards, Roberts,

That's not a championship competitive Midfield/attacking squad choice.

I've left Graham and Walters out as they both fked.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

What does Hurst change for Brum? on 11:51 - Sep 24 with 4206 viewsStadiumofdark

What does Hurst change for Brum? on 23:48 - Sep 23 by StNeotsBlue

Dozzell and Huws on crutches would probably offer more than current line-up(s)
What does Hurst change for Brum? on 12:54 - Sep 24 with 4130 viewsfabian_illness

For me, it’s just as much a formation problem as anything.
We always seem to set up so defensively, 4 defenders, 2 defensive midfielders, we are far too compact and we don’t give ourselves space to move the ball quickly enough to break in numbers, it’s usually Jackson or Harrison chasing an aimless punt with no support.
I know it’s terribly unfashionable but there’s absolutely nothing wrong with a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3.
Let the defenders defend, that’s what they do, they don’t need 2 chaperones all the while.
We may ship more goals, but freeing up 2 players in the centre should create more with support for our front men.
All this BS about a ‘high press’ which seems to be the latest buzz word in football, we were sold Hurst on his ‘high press’ but all we have done is revert to MM’s double decker bus parked on the 18yd line.
We need to form partnerships, create relationships between players, move as a unit, all the same stuff we were told as kids.
Kicking the ball over the top to a fast but lightweight forward to try and battle through 4 defenders on his own and maybe get a shot off is no good.
Sports science is great, but will be of f**k all use if we don’t work the basics out first.
We have shown some promise in short burst, but we look like a pub team most of the time, terribly disorganised.

I’m desperate for Hurst to succeed, as I would have been for whoever got the job.
I think all it needs is some organisation, back to basics, get rid of fancy formations.
442 is bread and butter for any professional footballer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024