Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers 08:23 - Sep 28 with 23930 viewsBrixtonBlue

A genuine mistake I'm sure, but certainly something those spreading rumours of disharmony need to have an answer for.

When Hurst said, “When I say things people can always think, ‘He’s only just saying that’ or whatever, so I prefer it when other people perhaps speak about things like that,” Phil preceded that by saying he was talking about the strength in depth of the squad.

He wasn't. He was talking about the mood in the camp and squad harmony.

This is what was said right before that, by Stuart Watson;

"Dean Gerken has just been in here, joking aside, saying how great the mood is in the camp and he's been here a long time and he's saying, you know, it's up there with the best it's ever been and very bubbly, speaking very genuinely about the music's always on, you know, through the week it's always good..."

This rather flies in the face of what people have been saying about players being upset, Hurst being dictatorial, Doig offering people outside etc.

Could it be one or two rumblings have been exaggerated through Chinese whispers somewhat?

People may well have, "heard stuff from within the club," but even that can be wrong. We've all worked in offices, I'm sure, where rumours have been flying round and they're total bowlocks. Frankly it's irresponsible and damaging to the club to be spreading this stuff. What purpose does it serve (other than people thinking it makes them look good being 'in the know')?

It's interesting that there's been pages and pages about the so-called problems, yet this bit I've posted above I haven't seen mentioned by anyone, not even Phil.

Some of the 'support' for this club I see on here is baffling at times (again, not a dig at Phil who I'm sure made a genuine mistake).

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 08:34 - Sep 28 with 9789 viewsCoastalblue

Whilst I agree with your sentiments, the view of someone who has spent much of the last three years sitting on the bench, just come back from a period out with injury, and who suddenly finds himself probably unexpectedly holding down a first team position is always likely to be rosy.

Gerken is probably in a very good place at the moment and would like to keep it that way.

I don't buy the stories that the Club is in turmoil, but I do think there has probably been some issues and some would be expected with a new boss in place looking to change things up.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 09:21 - Sep 28 with 9670 viewsBluefish

Guess what Dolly....I agree with you

There is a large element that do a lot of harm to the club and go out of their way to be negative. I have a couple of theories for it but it is just bizarre to be like that towards your club.

Theory 1: there is a realisation that we have dropped down the football world and we are probably punching above our weight now or at least at our weight. 17 years at this level and the football world has moved so fast in that time. Smaller clubs have been priced out while the big clubs have been showered with more and more riches. We were disappointed to not beat Bolton (especially at home with 10 men) but we view ourselves as bigger than Bolton, why though? What have we got that they haven't? Why should we be a league or 2 above them? History? They do alright there, not quite as good but they do ok. Time in the Premier League? They are ahead of us in all ways, 3 spells and 1 of them lasting 11 seasons. What do we have over Bolton? Probably just Marcus Evans. The bloke who is to blame has kept things time and propped us up.

Theory 2: they need an excuse for the fact they only go to games against big clubs or when we are doing well. I expect they all went regularly in the Premier league but nowadays it is 2 or 3 per season at best. They therefore take to social media to blame the club for them giving up. This creates a groundswell and everything gets accepted as true. Everything is turned into a negative to support them not attending.

I am fed up with it, the most critical and the most vocal are clueless about the club. They make it up to fit an agenda or an excuse and it just becomes accepted.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 09:32 - Sep 28 with 9624 viewsFrimleyBlue

Just out of interest though, would you expect players to walk in and say, " You know, this gaffa hasn't got a clue, behind his back we're all laughing

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 10:50 - Sep 28 with 9511 viewsPhilTWTD

In the full quote PH clarifies, saying the player meant in terms of strength in depth.

"I’ve had a player say to me that they think it’s the best squad that we’ve had. Again, straight away I know people will say we haven’t got Martyn Waghorn, we haven’t got Adam Webster or Joe Garner and I’m not going to comment on that but they feel that in terms of strength in depth it’s the best squad we’ve had."
Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 11:27 - Sep 28 with 9409 viewsReuser_is_God

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 09:32 - Sep 28 by FrimleyBlue

Just out of interest though, would you expect players to walk in and say, " You know, this gaffa hasn't got a clue, behind his back we're all laughing

"behind his back we're all laughing"

I very much doubt this is happening.

If you actually went to games you'd see with your own eyes that this team is firmly behind Hurst & are doing all they can to turn this situation around.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 11:48 - Sep 28 with 9346 viewsFrimleyBlue

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 11:27 - Sep 28 by Reuser_is_God

"behind his back we're all laughing"

I very much doubt this is happening.

If you actually went to games you'd see with your own eyes that this team is firmly behind Hurst & are doing all they can to turn this situation around.

Seen the last 3 fixtures, and I didn't say that's what is happening.

Waka waka eh eh

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 11:50 - Sep 28 with 9340 viewsFrimleyBlue

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 10:50 - Sep 28 by PhilTWTD

In the full quote PH clarifies, saying the player meant in terms of strength in depth.

"I’ve had a player say to me that they think it’s the best squad that we’ve had. Again, straight away I know people will say we haven’t got Martyn Waghorn, we haven’t got Adam Webster or Joe Garner and I’m not going to comment on that but they feel that in terms of strength in depth it’s the best squad we’ve had."

TBF we have about 40 squad players do we should have cover in most positions ;)

Waka waka eh eh

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 13:37 - Sep 28 with 9123 viewsBogblue

Phil has clarified, so I think you should apologise & edit your headline tbh
Login to get fewer ads

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 13:58 - Sep 28 with 9070 viewsclive_baker

No offence, but you're very naïve if you take as read everything you hear in a press conference.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 14:39 - Sep 28 with 8950 viewsbluerthanthou

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 13:58 - Sep 28 by clive_baker

No offence, but you're very naïve if you take as read everything you hear in a press conference.

...or on the internet
Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 15:07 - Sep 28 with 8887 viewsBrixtonBlue

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 09:32 - Sep 28 by FrimleyBlue

Obviously not, and haven't suggested otherwise. I certainly wouldn't expect him to go out of his way to speak "very genuinely" about how great it is though. I'd expect him to say nothing... or meaningless platitudes (which amounts to the same).

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 15:11 - Sep 28 with 8886 viewsBrixtonBlue

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 10:50 - Sep 28 by PhilTWTD

That's simply not the case, Phil. I'm amazed at you (and your uparrowers). Have you actually watched the press conference? I have quoted word for word what Stuart Watson said and Hurst's response.

In the bit you're quoting he says "a player" not "the player" or "Dean". He's clearly talking about someone else saying about the strength in depth.

Watson is very clear: the mood in the camp.

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 15:13 - Sep 28 with 8867 viewsBrixtonBlue

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 13:37 - Sep 28 by Bogblue

Phil has clarified, so I think you should apologise & edit your headline tbh

Phil is wrong. Have you watched the press conference? Have you read my quotes - direct quotes of what happened?

It's quite clear Gerken thinks the mood in the camp is excellent.

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 15:15 - Sep 28 with 8862 viewsBrixtonBlue

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 13:58 - Sep 28 by clive_baker

This is different. This is an aside by a reporter. Gerken could've been lying to him of course, but not sure why he'd be so OTT about it.

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 15:18 - Sep 28 with 8844 viewsfooters

Think you're overstating the importance of this tbh, Dolly. Today's news, tomorrow's chip paper and all that.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 16:02 - Sep 28 with 8709 viewsSomethingBlue

Rather than charge in like this and, to a large audience, accuse Phil of not doing his job properly, might it have been appropriate to drop him a message privately and discuss?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 17:03 - Sep 28 with 8547 viewsMullet

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 16:02 - Sep 28 by SomethingBlue

Rather than charge in like this and, to a large audience, accuse Phil of not doing his job properly, might it have been appropriate to drop him a message privately and discuss?

Are you new here?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 17:36 - Sep 28 with 8463 viewsclive_baker

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 15:15 - Sep 28 by BrixtonBlue

This is different. This is an aside by a reporter. Gerken could've been lying to him of course, but not sure why he'd be so OTT about it.

I know certain things for a fact, the 'mood' has been far from excellent from a number of people. I don't doubt that Gerken is buzzing, he's back in the fold and playing well. He's going to tell the press what they want to hear which is probably the reason he's rolled out to talk to them and not a handful of other players and non playing staff who I promise have a different opinion.

The talk of Hurst being sacked is utter BS though and incredibly premature. Lets get a win tomorrow. COYB.

P.s. I'm out in Brixton tonight. Just saying.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 18:59 - Sep 28 with 8313 viewsSeablu

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 15:13 - Sep 28 by BrixtonBlue

Phil is wrong. Have you watched the press conference? Have you read my quotes - direct quotes of what happened?

Blimey you two had a squabble or something?

Your nose usually looks like you've fallen asleep in your cocopops when it comes to the big boss.
Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 19:06 - Sep 28 with 8300 viewsLord_Lucan

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 18:59 - Sep 28 by Seablu

Blimey you two had a squabble or something?

Your nose usually looks like you've fallen asleep in your cocopops when it comes to the big boss.

Dolly is revolting.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 19:26 - Sep 28 with 8209 viewsSeablu

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 19:06 - Sep 28 by Lord_Lucan

Dolly is revolting.

Corbyn & Morrissey better watch out.
Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 19:35 - Sep 28 with 8190 viewsBogblue

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 15:13 - Sep 28 by BrixtonBlue

Yes I have watched the video and re-read your quotes just now. Unless something has been deleted from the video (possible) I make Phil right and you wrong.
Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 19:35 - Sep 28 with 8174 viewsSeablu

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 16:02 - Sep 28 by SomethingBlue

That's not the dolly way.
Flounce in, throw the toys everywhere, have one too many haribos and have to be collected early from the party.
That's the preferred M.O.
Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 19:39 - Sep 28 with 8175 viewsLord_Lucan

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 19:35 - Sep 28 by Seablu

That's not the dolly way.
Flounce in, throw the toys everywhere, have one too many haribos and have to be collected early from the party.
That's the preferred M.O.

He's having a sugar rush.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 19:53 - Sep 28 with 8126 viewsBrixtonBlue

Misreporting by Phil - and quite crucial given the 'def info' rumour mongers on 15:18 - Sep 28 by footers

Think you're overstating the importance of this tbh, Dolly. Today's news, tomorrow's chip paper and all that.

Not sure I am TBH. Lots and lots of talk on here about disharmony that's gone on for days. A clear suggestion of that not being the case (whether you believe it or not is another matter) and literally no-one picked it up, no-one was talking about it.

It's like people seem to love the bad stuff but aren't interested in the (possible) good.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024