Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to 21:33 - Oct 22 with 5052 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

think of one 🤔

Poll: Is Billm….

If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 22:03 - Oct 22 with 3790 viewsbackwaywhen

If it’s left too long then ...Big fat Sam .
If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 22:45 - Oct 22 with 3728 viewsCurrie10

There's a quality manager who took us from bottom of the league to midtable in a similar position to this.

Name escapes me - but the fans then decided he wasn't good enough and now we're bottom of the league now they have their wish.

That aside - god knows.

Bruce would do a good job but after saving from relegation ( he would ) his style of play would be an issue with many again.

So I donno what we do really or where we go. It's a bit of a mess all around.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 22:45]
If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 22:48 - Oct 22 with 3713 viewsFreddies_Ears

Warburton. Or Bruce. Fat Sam has never been relegated???
If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 22:53 - Oct 22 with 3689 viewsAnewHop

If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 22:45 - Oct 22 by Currie10

There's a quality manager who took us from bottom of the league to midtable in a similar position to this.

Name escapes me - but the fans then decided he wasn't good enough and now we're bottom of the league now they have their wish.

That aside - god knows.

Bruce would do a good job but after saving from relegation ( he would ) his style of play would be an issue with many again.

So I donno what we do really or where we go. It's a bit of a mess all around.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 22:45]

As long as they don’t play a brand of football that slowly sucks every ounce of my love for the game, I honestly don’t care where they come from
If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 23:04 - Oct 22 with 3668 viewsCurrie10

If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 22:53 - Oct 22 by AnewHop

As long as they don’t play a brand of football that slowly sucks every ounce of my love for the game, I honestly don’t care where they come from

Right now style of play is an absolute irrelevance.

We need to stay in this division.
If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 09:54 - Oct 23 with 3524 viewsHarry_Palmer

George Burley
Paul Lambert
Steve Bruce
Simon Grayson
Alan Pardew
David Moyes
Paul Heckingbottom
Mark Warburton

Add to this any number of European managers out of work and most of the Managers in Leagues 1 & 2 and Scotland who would probably come here.

There is not a shortage of options, picking the right one to save us from our current nightmare is the difficult bit....
If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 09:57 - Oct 23 with 3511 viewsBiGDonnie

Burley with Nash and Hogg as his assistants.

I can't actually believe he hasn't pulled the trigger already.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 10:04 - Oct 23 with 3485 viewsHarry_Palmer

If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 09:57 - Oct 23 by BiGDonnie

Amazing isn't it.

If he was at the QPR match ( which I believe he was ), he can't possibly still think Hurst is the man to take us forward.
Login to get fewer ads

If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 10:06 - Oct 23 with 3474 viewsLeighOnSeaBlue

If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 09:54 - Oct 23 by Harry_Palmer

George Burley
Paul Lambert
Steve Bruce
Simon Grayson
Alan Pardew
David Moyes
Paul Heckingbottom
Mark Warburton

Add to this any number of European managers out of work and most of the Managers in Leagues 1 & 2 and Scotland who would probably come here.

There is not a shortage of options, picking the right one to save us from our current nightmare is the difficult bit....

You can add Michael Appleton to the list
If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 10:08 - Oct 23 with 3471 viewsITFC_Forever

If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 09:54 - Oct 23 by Harry_Palmer

George Burley
Paul Lambert
Steve Bruce
Simon Grayson
Alan Pardew
David Moyes
Paul Heckingbottom
Mark Warburton

Warburton and possibly Burley / Appleton are the only remotely decent names suggested in this thread.

Or we go back for Jones from Luton and ME simply has to negotiate and agree a fee.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 10:22 - Oct 23 with 3432 viewsthorpedo

If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 10:06 - Oct 23 by LeighOnSeaBlue

You can add Michael Appleton to the list

I'd rather not. It baffles me that some people seem to rate him - he has won just 19/79 matches managing at League One or higher. Did OK at Oxford, but has been poor everywhere else. A poor man's Hurst - and that's saying something!

Thorpedo

If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 10:33 - Oct 23 with 3394 viewsGeoffSentence

If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 22:03 - Oct 22 by backwaywhen

Not so long ago the prospect of big fat Sam at the helm of our club would have filled me with horror. I have been beaten into submission and I would now accept him without repulsion. That's how low PH has dragged this club.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 10:44 - Oct 23 with 3370 viewsLeighOnSeaBlue

If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 10:22 - Oct 23 by thorpedo

I'd rather not. It baffles me that some people seem to rate him - he has won just 19/79 matches managing at League One or higher. Did OK at Oxford, but has been poor everywhere else. A poor man's Hurst - and that's saying something!

He came close to getting the job in the summer and he's been sounded out re taking over from Hurst. Good at Oxford and seems to be respected but agree with you. I would take Bruce even if he's an ex budgie
If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 10:47 - Oct 23 with 3352 viewsBent_double

The Cowleys are doing a great job in L2....

Seriously though, I guess it will be one of the 'tried and trusted' off the manager-merry-go-round, not another untried manager from these shores or further afield.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 10:48 - Oct 23 with 3348 viewsitfcjoe

If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 10:08 - Oct 23 by ITFC_Forever

Warburton and possibly Burley / Appleton are the only remotely decent names suggested in this thread.

Or we go back for Jones from Luton and ME simply has to negotiate and agree a fee.

I think Paul Heckingbottom would be decent, did an excellent job at Barnsley

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 10:48 - Oct 23 with 3347 viewsJammyDodgerrr

If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 22:03 - Oct 22 by backwaywhen

He would want a few million quid to take the job, like he does any job. Would be worth it, but a even greater risk financially than keeping Hurst.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 10:53 - Oct 23 with 3323 viewsitfcjoe

If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 10:44 - Oct 23 by LeighOnSeaBlue

He came close to getting the job in the summer and he's been sounded out re taking over from Hurst. Good at Oxford and seems to be respected but agree with you. I would take Bruce even if he's an ex budgie

I quite like Appleton - really good long interview with him here as a podcast

https://soundcloud.com/ntt20pod/ntt20-pod-meets-michael-appleton

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 10:55 - Oct 23 with 3312 viewspoker_blue

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Gus Poyet and Tarrico currently available??
If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 11:01 - Oct 23 with 3275 viewsStuartBrett8

*Edit ... only joking
[Post edited 23 Oct 2018 11:02]

Stop the world, I want to get off
Poll: What should we do with Frank Nouble?

If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 11:12 - Oct 23 with 3237 viewsBloomBlue

If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 09:57 - Oct 23 by BiGDonnie

But why would be pick Burley, yes we had some great times with Burley but he took us from 5th to relegation and was a complete disaster in his last season here. As SBR said your only as good as your last game.
If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 11:16 - Oct 23 with 3221 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

George Burley
Paul Lambert
Steve Bruce
Simon Grayson
Alan Pardew
David Moyes
Paul Heckingbottom
Mark Warburton

What an uninspiring list, save for the top one which I’d love even if rationally I know it’s a terrible idea...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 11:20 - Oct 23 with 3202 viewsKeaneish

George Burley
Paul Lambert
Steve Bruce
Simon Grayson
Alan Pardew
David Moyes
Paul Heckingbottom
Mark Warburton

George Burley with Paul Lambert as his assistant for the crack...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 11:27 - Oct 23 with 3186 viewsbluephil021

The problem is we need a manager who has experience of this level but I can not think of anyone who would come in with this bunch of players who are all out of their depth in the championship. They can not off load them until Jan and by then it will be to late and there will be no money.
If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 11:27 - Oct 23 with 3182 viewsJimmy86

If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 10:48 - Oct 23 by itfcjoe

I think Paul Heckingbottom would be decent, did an excellent job at Barnsley

But bombed out at Leeds...

I would like Warburton, Carvahal or Bruce if we get rid of Hurst.

No way in a million years would big Sam ever take the job here
If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 11:32 - Oct 23 with 3167 viewsITFC_Forever

If Hurst goes soon, who on earth are the options? I’m struggling to on 11:27 - Oct 23 by Jimmy86

But bombed out at Leeds...

I would like Warburton, Carvahal or Bruce if we get rid of Hurst.

No way in a million years would big Sam ever take the job here

Can't believe people are seriously suggesting Bruce.

Would want a massive contract, massive budget and couldn't get Villa up on a massive budget and contract.
And that's before you take in to account his Norwich connections.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024