Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did 16:39 - Oct 27 with 4090 viewsCheltenham_Blue

When he dismantled Town in the space of 6 weeks, then this should settle it.
Surely has to go down as the most disastrous Town manager of all time.

How anyone can feel sorry for him is beyond me. I just hope that somehow, Lambert can perform a miracle and keep us up.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 16:42 - Oct 27 with 3726 viewsjas0999

Agreed, but don’t under estimate the role Evans has had in all this. By no means blameless.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 16:43]
If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 16:44 - Oct 27 with 3648 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 16:42 - Oct 27 by jas0999

Agreed, but don’t under estimate the role Evans has had in all this. By no means blameless.

100% I’ve been very vocal about the damage that Evans is doing to us.
But every time I do, I get reminded that “he puts in 6m a year” and that if I don’t like it I should, “buy the club”
[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 16:50]

If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 16:49 - Oct 27 with 3573 viewsHarry_Palmer

If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 16:42 - Oct 27 by jas0999

Absolutely. Evans doesn't want to pay either the fees or the wages for quality players so I just don't know what he expects.

I bet he was licking his lips when Hurst gave him a list of League One targets in the Summer, unfortunately we are now paying a very heavy price for his year on year cost cutting and bad Manager choices.
If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 16:52 - Oct 27 with 3517 viewsbadadski

If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 16:44 - Oct 27 by Cheltenham_Blue

But every time I do, I get reminded that “he puts in 6m a year” and that if I don’t like it I should, “buy the club”

The whole spine of the team was allowed to go and has never been replaced. Berra, Smith, Webster, Murphy, waghorn, garner, Carter vickers, I won't even say mcgoldrick or player celina but whoever came in a didn't see that the defense needed sorting first was naive at best ignorant at worst. You need to have a stable defense then worry about the rest.
If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 16:52 - Oct 27 with 3504 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

Couldn’t agree more, he destroyed the club with his crazy ideas of lesser players all stepping up at once. Good riddance to him and just hope PL is some sort of magician until January and then bring in others he wants. It’ll be a hell of an achievement to avoid relegation now.
If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 16:55 - Oct 27 with 3450 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 16:44 - Oct 27 by Cheltenham_Blue

£6 million to him is equivalent to pennies for us, and why did Evans buy the club if he wanted to count the pennies. If only he’d sell up. Good luck PL, you’re going to need it
If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 16:57 - Oct 27 with 3415 viewsRegencyBlue

Indeed!

The fact this is the only counter his supporters can come up with though does speak volumes.

Relegation has looked inevitable for a few years now under his regime and it looks like this could be the season it happens!
If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 17:03 - Oct 27 with 3296 views44_not_out

Evans only did what the ‘we want a young hungry manager/MM out’ brigade wanted!

PH has put this club back years in just a few weeks. He had a decent amount of money to spend and has simply squandered it on dross. Edwards is the one bright spark and he is average at best!
[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 17:06]
Login to get fewer ads

If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 17:06 - Oct 27 with 3228 viewsportmanking

It's frankly appalling how Hurst gutted our front line and replaced it with zero experience.

The Walters loan signing makes so much sense now, given that it was clearly engineered by Evans, who realised Hurst's naivety.
If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 17:07 - Oct 27 with 3197 viewsmos

If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 17:03 - Oct 27 by 44_not_out

Evans only did what the ‘we want a young hungry manager/MM out’ brigade wanted!

PH has put this club back years in just a few weeks. He had a decent amount of money to spend and has simply squandered it on dross. Edwards is the one bright spark and he is average at best!
[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 17:06]

Think the majority were happy with PH’s appointment, including myself.

It didn’t work out well, but let’s not try and score points by trying to claim you weren’t happy with his appointment.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 17:07 - Oct 27 with 3196 viewsLightningboy

Totally agree with the OP....I only wish I could’ve been there Thursday to boot him through the door.

#PoisonDwarf
If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 17:07 - Oct 27 with 3192 viewsElephantintheRoom

You seem to be forgetting George Burley. Two relegations AND insolvency is a record of incompetence that will never be equalled

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 17:09 - Oct 27 with 3144 views44_not_out

If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 17:07 - Oct 27 by mos

Think the majority were happy with PH’s appointment, including myself.

It didn’t work out well, but let’s not try and score points by trying to claim you weren’t happy with his appointment.

The moment he opened his mouth, he sounded as dull as dishwater! I wasn’t happy with his appointment.
If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 17:16 - Oct 27 with 3020 viewsStokieBlue

Hurst was useless in the end, we can all agree on that.

Quite a lot of revisionism in this thread though, most of the players sold wanted to go. This seems to be totally ignored.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 17:16 - Oct 27 with 3018 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

F**k that.. Evans is killing our club.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 17:16 - Oct 27 with 3010 viewsHoppersblue10

If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 17:06 - Oct 27 by portmanking

It's frankly appalling how Hurst gutted our front line and replaced it with zero experience.

The Walters loan signing makes so much sense now, given that it was clearly engineered by Evans, who realised Hurst's naivety.

All 4 players wanted to leave, get your facts right before implying they were forced out

Poll: Who do you want to win on Sunday?

If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 17:19 - Oct 27 with 2970 viewsLankHenners

If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 17:16 - Oct 27 by StokieBlue

Quite a lot of revisionism in this thread though, most of the players sold wanted to go. This seems to be totally ignored.

SB

Convince them to stay then (both verbally and financially).

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 17:22 - Oct 27 with 2907 views44_not_out

If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 17:16 - Oct 27 by Hoppersblue10

All 4 players wanted to leave, get your facts right before implying they were forced out

Only because they saw what the idiot had to offer!
If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 17:23 - Oct 27 with 2875 viewsHoppersblue10

If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 17:22 - Oct 27 by 44_not_out

Only because they saw what the idiot had to offer!

Nothing to do with better wages else where then. 🤪

Poll: Who do you want to win on Sunday?

If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 17:25 - Oct 27 with 2841 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 17:16 - Oct 27 by Hoppersblue10

Actually, McGoldrick, was never offered a new contract and none of us know whether the rest wanted to go or not.

Certainly there were no transfer requests. All any of us can really do on the situation is guess at it, so 'facts' as it were, are largely subjective.

If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 17:31 - Oct 27 with 2756 viewsr1griff

If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 17:09 - Oct 27 by 44_not_out

The moment he opened his mouth, he sounded as dull as dishwater! I wasn’t happy with his appointment.

Webster , Garner , waghorn all wanted to go as if they didn’t they only had to say no as they where under contract so could of stayed , but should imagine the better wages prompted them to leave .
If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 17:36 - Oct 27 with 2693 viewsHorseboy

If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 17:16 - Oct 27 by StokieBlue

SB

But why did they want to go?

And don't just say money, look at OUR club.

Our club is at fault, whether it Hurst or Evans, we are slowly dieing
If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 17:47 - Oct 27 with 2591 viewsJDB23

Curtis Tilt wanted to leave for a better opportunity too and actually handed in a transfer request, where is he now?

Does anyone honestly think if we forced Waggy to stay he would have been a shadow of his former self? Sure, first few games of the season he may have sulked a little but I'm sure he would have been professional and got on with his job. Hazard ain't doing too bad at Chelsea despite wanting out in the summer is he?

I think this player power thing is a little overhyped tbh. Yes, if a player wants out then you have to consider the situation, but it doesn't automatically mean you have to get rid at any half reasonable offer that comes in.
If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 17:52 - Oct 27 with 2534 viewsBlueAllOver

If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 17:47 - Oct 27 by JDB23

Curtis Tilt wanted to leave for a better opportunity too and actually handed in a transfer request, where is he now?

Does anyone honestly think if we forced Waggy to stay he would have been a shadow of his former self? Sure, first few games of the season he may have sulked a little but I'm sure he would have been professional and got on with his job. Hazard ain't doing too bad at Chelsea despite wanting out in the summer is he?

I think this player power thing is a little overhyped tbh. Yes, if a player wants out then you have to consider the situation, but it doesn't automatically mean you have to get rid at any half reasonable offer that comes in.

Hurst wanted Waghorn sold to get in the Shrewsbury boys, just covering his own back saying he was desperate to go. All those players would not have left under MM.
If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 17:58 - Oct 27 with 2480 views44_not_out

If you were in any doubt about the damage Hurst did on 17:52 - Oct 27 by BlueAllOver

Hurst wanted Waghorn sold to get in the Shrewsbury boys, just covering his own back saying he was desperate to go. All those players would not have left under MM.

Totally agree! He was out of his comfort zone, dealing with decent Championship players and wanted to surround himself with players he could handle.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024