Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hope the McCarthy boo boys are happy now! 09:43 - Oct 28 with 4018 viewstractorboysuffolk

The guy worked miracles for our club and the way he was treated was a disgrace. Unfortunately we deserve everything we get now. All this rubbish about style of play, well we have been well and truly served up the reality check. Plenty of premiership sides win consistently at home ugly, who do we think we are. Let’s go and play some expansive football in League One shall we (not an easy league to get out of either). I think Lambert will be an excellent appointment, those talking about tearing up your season ticket, please go ahead, probably got us in this mess with your stupididity.
on 09:45 - Oct 28 with 4000 views_

Hope the McCarthy boo boys are happy now! on 09:49 - Oct 28 with 3984 viewsbrogansnose

Instead of both sides of the Mick thing sniping at each other, we need to come together to help got out of this scheisse that we're in and stop being divisive. Plus its damn tedious.
Hope the McCarthy boo boys are happy now! on 09:50 - Oct 28 with 3963 viewsfooters

Hope the McCarthy boo boys are happy now! on 09:49 - Oct 28 by brogansnose

Instead of both sides of the Mick thing sniping at each other, we need to come together to help got out of this scheisse that we're in and stop being divisive. Plus its damn tedious.

Another first-time poster budgie on the wind up.

It's a shame to waste our precious time on earth in such a way.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Hope the McCarthy boo boys are happy now! on 09:53 - Oct 28 with 3951 viewsPJH

You will not like what I just posted on another thread then Brogs.

You are right that we need to be united now behind Paul Lambert but my opinion on the recent past will not change-except in time it will not be the recent past.

edit-just saw that you did like what I posted on the other thread Brogs.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2018 9:56]
Hope the McCarthy boo boys are happy now! on 09:56 - Oct 28 with 3918 viewsBenters2

Scissors Shirley? Can you tear a plastic card?
Hope the McCarthy boo boys are happy now! on 10:01 - Oct 28 with 3888 viewsGarv

Very happy thanks. I'm glad we gave a chance to a lower league manager, I'm glad we made some attempts to try and unite the club and fan base, and I'm glad we tried to improve the entertainment value for which people pay £25-£30 a week for.

It didn't work and we're back to basics, so what? If we hadn't done it we'd never have known. 'If you don't buy a ticket' etc.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Hope the McCarthy boo boys are happy now! on 10:17 - Oct 28 with 3841 viewsGuthrum

Oh can we stop with these rants. They're largely irrelevant to the situation now as it is entirely Hurst's lack of competence/confidence which has landed us here.

Yes, McCarthy was on the wrong end of fan abuse, but he goaded back, too. Said many unnecessarily provocative things I wished he hadn't (e.g. "In fact, there’s more chance of him not going on when they start telling me what to do"). Made it very difficult to defend him (which I did).

Just because Hurst turned out badly did not mean McCarthy leaving was the wrong decision.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Hope the McCarthy boo boys are happy now! on 10:20 - Oct 28 with 3825 viewsStokieBlue

I've got more issues with continually divisive fans like you who can't wait to have a pop at other fans from their high horse.

Libby has summed up everything in his post, couldn't put it better.

The issue now with the club is people like you who can't wait to point the finger at other fans and who enjoy rewriting history so they can say I told you so.

Give it a rest.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Hope the McCarthy boo boys are happy now! on 10:35 - Oct 28 with 3785 viewsRegencyBlue

Things quiet up in Norfolk this morning?
Hope the McCarthy boo boys are happy now! on 10:37 - Oct 28 with 3770 viewsartsbossbeard

on 09:45 - Oct 28 by _

It was indeed time for Mick to move on. We knew it, he knew it.

If the OP is making a point that he was forced to leave by the boo boys prior to his agreed departure date, thus providing no civil handover and this unsettling a few of our senior players, then he makes a valid point as it's been borne out with results, performance and player purchases since Mick's departure.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

on 10:39 - Oct 28 with 3748 views_

Hope the McCarthy boo boys are happy now! on 10:37 - Oct 28 by artsbossbeard

It was indeed time for Mick to move on. We knew it, he knew it.

If the OP is making a point that he was forced to leave by the boo boys prior to his agreed departure date, thus providing no civil handover and this unsettling a few of our senior players, then he makes a valid point as it's been borne out with results, performance and player purchases since Mick's departure.

Hope the McCarthy boo boys are happy now! on 10:45 - Oct 28 with 3720 viewsHarry_Palmer

This is getting really tedious now.

MM has gone, he is not even our most recent manager, get over it and move on FFS.
Hope the McCarthy boo boys are happy now! on 10:47 - Oct 28 with 3708 viewsCaptMickMills

MM had to go. He thought he was bigger than the club. Also relationship with fans had reached point of no return - he was instrumental in this by what he said and how his team played. Basically his arrogance and refusing to ever admit mistakes caused his downfall. Also how any professional manager could think Skuse and Douglas should regularly play together defies belief.

However he did recruit loan players who could score wonder goals to help us get points from games we did not deserve.

Shame about Hurst but at least he talked about the club.
Hope the McCarthy boo boys are happy now! on 10:54 - Oct 28 with 3672 viewsartsbossbeard

Hope the McCarthy boo boys are happy now! on 10:47 - Oct 28 by CaptMickMills

MM had to go. He thought he was bigger than the club. Also relationship with fans had reached point of no return - he was instrumental in this by what he said and how his team played. Basically his arrogance and refusing to ever admit mistakes caused his downfall. Also how any professional manager could think Skuse and Douglas should regularly play together defies belief.

However he did recruit loan players who could score wonder goals to help us get points from games we did not deserve.

Shame about Hurst but at least he talked about the club.

Almost perfect but you forgot to mention that he told the fans to F off.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Hope the McCarthy boo boys are happy now! on 10:57 - Oct 28 with 3642 viewsElephantintheRoom

Interesting that this wind up is basically entirely true and gets lots of negative posts.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Hope the McCarthy boo boys are happy now! on 11:02 - Oct 28 with 3615 viewsBluedandy

Most Town fans have moved on from the still out of work miracle worker - so why don't you?
Hope the McCarthy boo boys are happy now! on 11:31 - Oct 28 with 3532 viewsFtnfwest

We had to break the cycle which was ever so slightly downwards even in terms of results under Mick. As a result we’d have ended up in the position we are now probably after another 3 or 4 seasons (admittedly not within 5 months but there we go). All the time having a worse and worse footballing reputation, smaller crowds, lose to a few more non league teams etc etc. Was always a gamble, but one we couldn’t really refuse to take. MM as other managers who favour the physical direct approach almost pulled that off with a promotion, but it’s always a short term fix and once teams had worked that out it had been a gradual decline.
Hope the McCarthy boo boys are happy now! on 11:34 - Oct 28 with 3514 viewstractorboysuffolk

Like Brexit, but more important. I take your point. Let’s be honest my anger is borne out of pure frustration and this is the last place I want us to be.
Hope the McCarthy boo boys are happy now! on 12:07 - Oct 28 with 3465 viewsPJH

Hope the McCarthy boo boys are happy now! on 10:54 - Oct 28 by artsbossbeard

Almost perfect but you forgot to mention that he told the fans to F off.

live on SKY.
Hope the McCarthy boo boys are happy now! on 12:21 - Oct 28 with 3431 viewsBenters2

Hope the McCarthy boo boys are happy now! on 12:07 - Oct 28 by PJH

live on SKY.

Not on the red button either!
Hope the McCarthy boo boys are happy now! on 12:31 - Oct 28 with 3405 viewslloydy84

Well I disagree with a lot of posters on here. I think if Mick had stayed on we'd have kept our best players, added to the team and been a decent top half team this year. All those injuries to our midfield last year lost us so many points, if even half of those had stayed fit this year we'd have been challenging for 6th place imo.

Regardless these threads are just pointless now.
Hope the McCarthy boo boys are happy now! on 12:55 - Oct 28 with 3344 viewsChe

Shame about all the down votes I think you are right.
Hope the McCarthy boo boys are happy now! on 13:02 - Oct 28 with 3329 viewsmonty_radio

Hope the McCarthy boo boys are happy now! on 10:57 - Oct 28 by ElephantintheRoom

Interesting that this wind up is basically entirely true and gets lots of negative posts.

But your very name, and appearing when you did, suggests a one-note samba which strikes up when another poster of fuzzy origin hums that single tune.

Why don't you come on and talk in a more measured way about other club issues - unless of course you and the O.P. are one and the same.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Hope the McCarthy boo boys are happy now! on 13:19 - Oct 28 with 3268 viewsNo9

What we have been seeing is the result of MM's time at PR
& wasn't it he who started the fall out just as he did at Wolves?
Hope the McCarthy boo boys are happy now! on 13:23 - Oct 28 with 3259 viewsbraveblue

So leading us to our lowest position in 50 years and telling the fans to F off were achievements then? He was a disaster and only Evans lack of football knowledge has made it worse. Sell your best players then lose games. Simple.

Move on past MM. It’s old news.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024