Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night 11:40 - Nov 2 with 5525 viewsBrixtonBlue

and I have to select the venue as it's my birthday. We go to Gandhi for our end of season meal but it would be good to try somewhere different (and not necessarily curry). Any recommendations?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 11:41 - Nov 2 with 4445 viewsITFC_Forever

Kwan Thai
Zaika
Trongs
Twenty5
Any along the Waterfront
Aqua8
Last Anchor

All in the town centre and very decent.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 11:42 - Nov 2 with 4442 viewsReuser_is_God

Kwan Thai is good.

If you want something cheap, cheerful & quick I'd go Mizu, superb food.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 11:57 - Nov 2 with 4377 viewsHerbivore

Kwan Thai is excellent, just go there.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 12:00 - Nov 2 with 4373 viewsportmanking

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 11:57 - Nov 2 by Herbivore

Kwan Thai is excellent, just go there.

Meh, really? It's got a good atmosphere, granted, but it's neither Thai nor Chinese. Its menu has got lost in translation in recent years. I know "fusion" is very much in but I'd much rather go to Trongs for a Chinese or a dedicated Thai place.
Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 12:08 - Nov 2 with 4348 viewsnsblu1

If you want some good pub grub and good beers The Greyhound is worth considering
Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 12:09 - Nov 2 with 4342 viewsGeoffSentence

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 12:00 - Nov 2 by portmanking

Meh, really? It's got a good atmosphere, granted, but it's neither Thai nor Chinese. Its menu has got lost in translation in recent years. I know "fusion" is very much in but I'd much rather go to Trongs for a Chinese or a dedicated Thai place.

Well that's just plain wrong. I am sure that the owner who is from Thailand and trained in and worked in Bangkok before relocating to Ipswich, and his Thai family who staff the place, are pretty familiar with Thai food.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 12:13 - Nov 2 with 4324 viewsportmanking

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 12:09 - Nov 2 by GeoffSentence

Well that's just plain wrong. I am sure that the owner who is from Thailand and trained in and worked in Bangkok before relocating to Ipswich, and his Thai family who staff the place, are pretty familiar with Thai food.

Meh. I've been to Thailand twice and, although some of Kwan Thai's stuff is pretty authentic, on the whole its menu is pretty 'westernised' IMO.
Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 12:17 - Nov 2 with 4312 viewsGeoffSentence

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 12:13 - Nov 2 by portmanking

Meh. I've been to Thailand twice and, although some of Kwan Thai's stuff is pretty authentic, on the whole its menu is pretty 'westernised' IMO.

Amusing that you think your two visits make you more expert than actual Thai people.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 12:21 - Nov 2 with 4297 viewsBlueySwede

If you want something fine dine, I can recommend Aqua 8.
Went there with my girlfriend, and being a cook herself she was impressed.
Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 12:23 - Nov 2 with 4297 viewsJimmyJazz

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 12:17 - Nov 2 by GeoffSentence

Amusing that you think your two visits make you more expert than actual Thai people.

It seems to attract plenty of Thai customers, but I agree the stuff served at Kwan Thai is not what I would expect to eat in Thailand. Bangkok Heightz is much better.

Back to Indian, tried Chutneyz last weekend, excellent first experience, had the Prawn masala.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 12:23 - Nov 2 with 4298 viewsportmanking

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 12:17 - Nov 2 by GeoffSentence

Where have I said that Thai people don't know Thai food?

All I've said is that this particular restaurant cooks a more westernised version of Thai flavours. That's not to say the owners don't cook proper Thai stuff for themselves....
Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 12:45 - Nov 2 with 4240 viewsSuperblue95

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 12:23 - Nov 2 by portmanking

Where have I said that Thai people don't know Thai food?

All I've said is that this particular restaurant cooks a more westernised version of Thai flavours. That's not to say the owners don't cook proper Thai stuff for themselves....

I'm pretty sure the majority of Thai, Chinese, Indian, etc restaurants cater their dishes for Westerners when they open restaurants over here

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 12:53 - Nov 2 with 4229 viewsRyorry

Happy Birthday in advance, as I'll probably forget by the time tomprrow arrives!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 12:55 - Nov 2 with 4220 viewsBrixtonBlue

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 12:53 - Nov 2 by Ryorry

Happy Birthday in advance, as I'll probably forget by the time tomprrow arrives!

It was actually yesterday!

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 12:57 - Nov 2 with 4217 viewsBrixtonBlue

Thanks all... looks like the consensus is Kwan Thai, and I love Thai so I think we'll give that a go. I might do a review on here!

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 13:05 - Nov 2 with 4197 viewsRyorry

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 12:55 - Nov 2 by BrixtonBlue

Oh dear - apols for lateness then!

Love the new avatar btw, miles better than the old one.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

on 13:21 - Nov 2 with 4171 views_

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 12:09 - Nov 2 by GeoffSentence

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 13:23 - Nov 2 with 4163 viewsBrixtonBlue

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 13:05 - Nov 2 by Ryorry

Oh dear - apols for lateness then!

Love the new avatar btw, miles better than the old one.

No need to apologise, it's not like I announced it on here on anything!

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 13:33 - Nov 2 with 4138 viewshoppy

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 12:55 - Nov 2 by BrixtonBlue

Oh yes, missed that. I hope your returns were happy?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 14:31 - Nov 2 with 4084 viewsBrixtonBlue

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 13:33 - Nov 2 by hoppy

Oh yes, missed that. I hope your returns were happy?

No, rubbish. I spent all day being nervous and then delivered my worst performance on stage yet.

Pretty crap birthday really. Going to Ipswich to cheer myself up tomorrow...

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 14:41 - Nov 2 with 4073 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Papa Panda, Spoons World and My Chinese are all wonderful establishments...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 15:52 - Nov 2 with 4013 viewsBluebell

When I read the heading I thought you were asking us if we wanted a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night with you.

I thought that would be an expensive evening for you Dolly.

Happy belated birthday.
Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 15:55 - Nov 2 with 4004 viewsJimmyJazz

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 14:41 - Nov 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Papa Panda, Spoons World and My Chinese are all wonderful establishments...

Read the EADT review of Spoon World - jack of all cuisines, master at none.

Tended to agree

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 16:00 - Nov 2 with 3984 viewsKieran_Knows

on 13:21 - Nov 2 by _

Must admit, I've been Kwan Thai twice now and I'm not really sure what all the fuss about it is.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 16:01 - Nov 2 with 3982 viewshoppy

Want to have a meal out in Ipswich tomorrow night on 14:31 - Nov 2 by BrixtonBlue

No, rubbish. I spent all day being nervous and then delivered my worst performance on stage yet.

Pretty crap birthday really. Going to Ipswich to cheer myself up tomorrow...

To be fair, you wouldn't be the first or the last to deliver a poor performance on their birthday...

Hope the Paul Lambert journey starts with a win for you then.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024