Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? 07:16 - Dec 9 with 5974 viewsMonkey

Serious question as I’ve said on here before I feel he’s getting a free ride based on results on the pitch but people keep saying “they’re not his players” or “wait til he signs players in January” so it’s a serious honest question:

Are you happy with Lambert even if he doesn’t win a game til mid-January? Despite this squad having a better record under Hurst?

Poll: Which division do you honestly think Ipswich will be in next season?

So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 07:28 - Dec 9 with 5913 viewsjimmyvet

Yes so go away and crawl back under a rock.
So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 07:47 - Dec 9 with 5883 viewsCurrie10

Not really, no
However, in my view this squad is poor, and he needs time to sort it out.
Fair question-see no reason why asking something like this should be met with being told to “crawl under a rock”
[Post edited 9 Dec 2018 7:47]
So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 08:01 - Dec 9 with 5835 viewsBrixtonBlue

So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 07:47 - Dec 9 by Currie10

Not really, no
Fair question-see no reason why asking something like this should be met with being told to “crawl under a rock”

It's a pathetic question. What's the point of it?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 08:02 - Dec 9 with 5835 viewsjimmyvet

So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 07:47 - Dec 9 by Currie10

Not really, no

Because it’s a negative question by a negative poster and a completely pointless question ...Nobody’s happy but what does the poster actually want people to say let’s sack lambert that’s the solution?
So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 08:16 - Dec 9 with 5787 viewsbrogansnose

So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 08:02 - Dec 9 by jimmyvet

Because it’s a negative question by a negative poster and a completely pointless question ...Nobody’s happy but what does the poster actually want people to say let’s sack lambert that’s the solution?

Exactly. There is nothing to be gained from this line of post other than 'get rid of the manager' which is the last thing we need right now. What we do need to do is get behind PL and the team until the bitter end.
So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 08:27 - Dec 9 with 5745 viewsBenters2

What else can we do?

It will be interesting to see who does come in Jan.

With our shocking GD its more like 9 points from safety,and then we are relying on A;Town winning 3 games and B;the 3 teams above us not picking up any points what so ever.
So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 08:31 - Dec 9 with 5734 viewsBluebell

Would you have preferred Hurst to stay?

As others have said, we have Lambert and I am happy to trust in him. I wouldn't trust Hurst as far as I could throw him!
So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 08:46 - Dec 9 with 5667 viewsSomethingBlue

You didn't want him here from the start, did you? Be honest please.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 08:47 - Dec 9 with 5662 viewsEastTownBlue

You made a similar point early last Sunday morning and received a posting score of -28. Another fine effort today.
So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 08:53 - Dec 9 with 5644 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

He's taken over a team that Hurst butchered and was bottom of the league.

He hasn't won in 5 matches.

It's not really a stick to beat him with.

Add on the form at the end of last season and I suspect our form over 30 matches is poor.

Stop the witch hunt, it's not gonna help!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 08:57 - Dec 9 with 5617 viewsBenters2

So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 08:31 - Dec 9 by Bluebell

Would you have preferred Hurst to stay?

As others have said, we have Lambert and I am happy to trust in him. I wouldn't trust Hurst as far as I could throw him!

I reckon you could throw him a fair way he is only little.
So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 08:58 - Dec 9 with 5617 viewsMonkey

So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 08:47 - Dec 9 by EastTownBlue

You made a similar point early last Sunday morning and received a posting score of -28. Another fine effort today.

To be honest this “fan forum” feels more like a joke every week. I appreciate my views aren’t shared by all and last week I said I felt Lambert was getting a free ride and people disagreed so I asked a follow up question here to get others fans opinions. It’s a FAN FORUM where we all support the same team and I’m just trying to understand other people’s views but instead I get insulted, told to crawl under a rock and called a cretin.

If people on this forum can’t have honest adult discussions and debates then I guess this ain’t for me and it’s not much of a forum. I’ll continue to cheer on the Town louder than most every home game but if people here won’t act like mature adults just because they disagree with someone’s opinion then I guess I’ve had the wrong impression of my clubs fans.

Poll: Which division do you honestly think Ipswich will be in next season?

So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 09:01 - Dec 9 with 5597 viewsartsbossbeard

So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 08:58 - Dec 9 by Monkey

To be honest this “fan forum” feels more like a joke every week. I appreciate my views aren’t shared by all and last week I said I felt Lambert was getting a free ride and people disagreed so I asked a follow up question here to get others fans opinions. It’s a FAN FORUM where we all support the same team and I’m just trying to understand other people’s views but instead I get insulted, told to crawl under a rock and called a cretin.

If people on this forum can’t have honest adult discussions and debates then I guess this ain’t for me and it’s not much of a forum. I’ll continue to cheer on the Town louder than most every home game but if people here won’t act like mature adults just because they disagree with someone’s opinion then I guess I’ve had the wrong impression of my clubs fans.

your tone is/was antagonistic and you will get these sort of replies.

If you reword the "free ride" stuff, then maybe you'd get the debate that you're after.

Otherwise, suck it up, cupcake.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 09:15 - Dec 9 with 5522 viewshammo56

If you look at our record under 3 different managers in 2018 it has been poor to say the least.
Even when we had our so-called stronger squad we weren't exactly pulling up trees. Therefore is it a case of they are 3 poor managers or the players themselves just aren't good enough, including the senior pros and those that have been recruited since the summer?
I just feel the players are the one's who continually get the free ride.
So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 09:28 - Dec 9 with 5462 viewsThe_Major

This does make me wonder what would have happened if this board was around in the first few months of Burley's tenure.

Same situation, hopeless scenario, seemingly doomed to relegation, players just not good enough etc. To be fair we did beat Leicester and Liverpool early on, but the rest was rubbish, reaching a 9-0 nadir. He turned out alright in the end, didn't he?
So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 09:33 - Dec 9 with 5422 viewsBenters2

So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 09:15 - Dec 9 by hammo56

If you look at our record under 3 different managers in 2018 it has been poor to say the least.
Even when we had our so-called stronger squad we weren't exactly pulling up trees. Therefore is it a case of they are 3 poor managers or the players themselves just aren't good enough, including the senior pros and those that have been recruited since the summer?

Interesting view.
So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 09:36 - Dec 9 with 5404 viewsartsbossbeard

So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 09:15 - Dec 9 by hammo56

It would make sense to really get on the players back next Saturday from the first whistle then.

That'll learn 'em.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 09:38 - Dec 9 with 5375 viewstractorboy1978

If people start getting on Lambert's back, we really are properly doomed.
So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 09:44 - Dec 9 with 5339 viewsSomethingBlue

So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 09:38 - Dec 9 by tractorboy1978

If people start getting on Lambert's back, we really are properly doomed.

Quite — he's working so hard to get everyone pulling in the same direction at long last but unfortunately there are some people who will always get off on discord.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 09:55 - Dec 9 with 5268 viewsbontcho

Happy? No.

Accepting? Yes. As long as I can see a plan and a way of playing. Under Hurst we were poor, I’d say in 3 of the 5 games under PL we’ve performed well and were certainly worthy of more than the 2 points obtained (and frankly West Brom we battled well). It feels like we’re close. Plus PL does seem to get the club, which is handy as the owner doesn’t.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 10:30 - Dec 9 with 5168 viewsBrixtonBlue

So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 08:58 - Dec 9 by Monkey

If you come in at with an angle that's attacking a largely popular manager, then what do you expect?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 10:51 - Dec 9 with 5133 viewshammo56

So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 09:36 - Dec 9 by artsbossbeard

It would make sense to really get on the players back next Saturday from the first whistle then.

That'll learn 'em.

I think I might have seen you at Peterborough when we lost 7-1.
There were a few of our fans clapping the players off the pitch at the end.
So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 11:15 - Dec 9 with 5091 viewspatrickswell

The players need to stand up though. Lambert has almost ruptured himself trying to gee them up and create a positive atmosphere for them to work in after the self-confessed “glass half empty merchant” has left. They’re letting him down.
So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 11:20 - Dec 9 with 5073 viewsBrixtonBlue

So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 10:51 - Dec 9 by hammo56

I think I might have seen you at Peterborough when we lost 7-1.
There were a few of our fans clapping the players off the pitch at the end.

Jesus wept. So suggesting we don't get on the players' backs on Saturday is the same as clapping them when we lost 7-1 at Peterborough?!?!?

Wow. Your debating skills are laughable mate.

So will people be happy with Lambert If he doesn’t win a game til January? on 11:45 - Dec 9 with 5022 viewswkj

Have you tried commenting on news stories? That is the section of the fan base who are generally more receptive to your style of support.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024