Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If there was another referendum: 19:58 - Jan 15 with 41501 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Would you vote:
- The same as before - Leave
- The same as before - Remain
- Differently - Leave
- Differently - Remain

I think I’d vote differently - To remain.

It’s frankly a shambles. And I voted leave without knowing. I should never have been trusted to vote on something the general public knows not enough about.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

If there was another referendum: on 09:38 - Jan 16 with 2749 viewsflimflam

The same as before - Leave

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

If there was another referendum: on 09:41 - Jan 16 with 2743 viewschicoazul

I'd vote as I did before; Remain. The EU is a mendacious slightly sinister organisation, as organisations of their size always are, but we do not have the ability to negotiate ourselves out with a positive deal and the pain for the working classes will be too much. I understand why a lot of people voted to leave and it is vital that somehow, we start taking into account those people's views instead of continuing to view everything through a metropolitan-centric neolib gloablised prism.

A 2nd referendum will be a huge Leave victory. Farage was on telly agitating for it last night. When will people learn? you cannot fight that man on his ground and win.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

on 10:51 - Jan 16 with 2692 views_

If there was another referendum: on 09:41 - Jan 16 by chicoazul

I'd vote as I did before; Remain. The EU is a mendacious slightly sinister organisation, as organisations of their size always are, but we do not have the ability to negotiate ourselves out with a positive deal and the pain for the working classes will be too much. I understand why a lot of people voted to leave and it is vital that somehow, we start taking into account those people's views instead of continuing to view everything through a metropolitan-centric neolib gloablised prism.

A 2nd referendum will be a huge Leave victory. Farage was on telly agitating for it last night. When will people learn? you cannot fight that man on his ground and win.

If there was another referendum: on 11:03 - Jan 16 with 2666 viewsgazzer1999

on 20:09 - Jan 15 by _

Thats a very bad comment to make about the younger population of the UK. People are different and have different opinions.
Remember opinions are like *r*holes, everybody has one.
If there was another referendum: on 11:07 - Jan 16 with 2662 viewsm14_blue

If there was another referendum: on 09:41 - Jan 16 by chicoazul

First paragraph spot on.

Second paragraph I’m less sure about. One thing’s for certain though, a second referendum would drag the worst people back out of the gutter and into the spotlight, with unpredictable and possibly unsavoury results.
If there was another referendum: on 11:26 - Jan 16 with 2640 viewsSwansea_Blue

If there was another referendum: on 11:03 - Jan 16 by gazzer1999

Thats a very bad comment to make about the younger population of the UK. People are different and have different opinions.

It's how those opinions are formed that's the problem. Despite the EU being indirectly interwoven into our daily lives, very few people understood how it works, what membership had brought to the country, what opportunities/threats there may be outside it, etc.

If the government were serious about embarking on a project to decide whether we should leave the EU (rather than a vanity project to appease a minority but vocal ERG group and try to derail UKIP), first thing they could have done was to commission research to collate information and data about the issue. That didn't happen and as a result opinions have been influenced by sound bites, lies, myths and hearsay.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If there was another referendum: on 11:47 - Jan 16 with 2618 viewsm14_blue

If there was another referendum: on 23:34 - Jan 15 by Lord_Lucan

I mentioned earlier that I voted remain and would do so again but one of the many reasons my swingometer has nudged a bit the opposite way is the attitude of fellow remainers towards leavers.

Calling them thick and racist is childish. I have given this a bit of thought and I have come to the conclusion that those who do this and call people Gammons actually have a small penis.

I will refer to these people in future as Microdicks

I agree that the patronising and abuse isn’t helpful but am confused as to why it would sway you towards leave?

There are idiots on the remain side but you seem happy to dismiss the ‘vocal minority’ of leavers who are genuinely racist, aggressive and far right whilst getting your knickers in a twist about the vocal minority of remainers who are a bit annoying.
If there was another referendum: on 11:52 - Jan 16 with 2615 viewsRyorry

If there was another referendum: on 08:32 - Jan 16 by StochesStotasBlewe

I would suggest that a percentage of both sides of the debate didn,t look into the ramifications of EU membership with due diligence.
I was Euro skeptic before the vote, neither remain nor leave impressed me with their subsequent campaigns, so therefore, much research and burning of midnight oil ensued to come to the conclusions i reached.
Appreciate that immigration was a major concern for some, but to suggest that is just stupidity is not really fair. Some were more easily swayed by slogans on a big red bus or project fear than others or have deeply entrenched views that probably can,t or wont be changed.

Concur with all of that, tho I came to a different conclusion, but in fairness, even tho I did look into it all with "due diligence" in the first 6 months of 2016, I found it almost impossible to sort out the wheat from the chaff, the entanglement of false arguments and lies from the good arguments and facts - and that's even before getting to the complex economic, business, defence, legal, social etc etc pros and cons in their own right. It was probably more my over-arching instincts, and the comments of people like Ken Clarke + some trustworthies on here, that finally decided me. Plus the threat of environmental, employment etc de-regulation, and the worry that any Govt. would be able to slacken those for their own personal self-serving interests, without the checks and balances of EU regs.

I consider myself of average intelligence, & responsible when it comes to voting, so what hope was there of the vast majority of the UK voting population being able & willing to drill down and come to a sound conclusion? I remember Rommy, intelligent and with a responsible attitude to voting, struggling with the kind of problems outlined in my first para, saying he ended up just confused and perplexed, so voted Leave - which was just a "guess"!
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 11:56]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

If there was another referendum: on 12:07 - Jan 16 with 2588 viewsSouperJim

If there was another referendum: on 11:52 - Jan 16 by Ryorry

Concur with all of that, tho I came to a different conclusion, but in fairness, even tho I did look into it all with "due diligence" in the first 6 months of 2016, I found it almost impossible to sort out the wheat from the chaff, the entanglement of false arguments and lies from the good arguments and facts - and that's even before getting to the complex economic, business, defence, legal, social etc etc pros and cons in their own right. It was probably more my over-arching instincts, and the comments of people like Ken Clarke + some trustworthies on here, that finally decided me. Plus the threat of environmental, employment etc de-regulation, and the worry that any Govt. would be able to slacken those for their own personal self-serving interests, without the checks and balances of EU regs.

I consider myself of average intelligence, & responsible when it comes to voting, so what hope was there of the vast majority of the UK voting population being able & willing to drill down and come to a sound conclusion? I remember Rommy, intelligent and with a responsible attitude to voting, struggling with the kind of problems outlined in my first para, saying he ended up just confused and perplexed, so voted Leave - which was just a "guess"!

I voted remain before and would do so again (on current terms). I generally would rather be "mates" with Europe than go it alone and am wary of siding with any casual xenophobes, but also accept that I have no chance of really understanding the ramifications of any outcome. The referendum campaigns were a farce.

If it comes down to guessing, surely the logical thing to do is vote to stick with what we already know? This is such a complex issue, it should never have been left up to the people imho.

Better the devil you know? Maybe ultimately this is an optimist/pessimist thing.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

If there was another referendum: on 12:40 - Jan 16 with 2567 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

If there was another referendum: on 11:52 - Jan 16 by Ryorry

Some very fair and reasonable points you raise Ryorry.
Like your good self, i found much of the nitty gritty was very complex. The over riding factor for me was/is the seemingly autocratic nature of the EU hierarchy. I,m not anti EU in principle, many of the regulations are of benefit regarding employment, environmental etc & i believe the freedom of movement is a great advantage for both the UK & European nations alike. However, whichever way i looked/ look into it, sovereignty of the UK is slowly being eroded away. The EU treatment of Greece essentially means that it will never repay its debt & and is at the behest of Germany and to an extent France for basically ever. A great read is "Adults in the Room" by Yanis Varifoukis. The battle with the EU,s deep establishment is very telling.
Many learned acquaintances from several walks of life & nationalities have had many debates with me over the years & this recurring theme of Superstate interference & autocracy has left a lasting impression.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

If there was another referendum: on 12:50 - Jan 16 with 2556 viewsBlueinBrum

THE SAME - REMAIN

Utterly insane position we have got ourselves in, and I am afraid I did see this coming. I completely agree with your point about the referendum being an awful idea in the first place. Our system, while not perfect, is based on the people electing a representative government to make these complex decisions. The fact that most of the current crop are useless doesn't change this fact, and it's a dangerous game to start putting such decisions to the public, who as we have seen can be easily manipulated.

Kudos for you to having the balls to say you'd change your mind.
If there was another referendum: on 12:54 - Jan 16 with 2553 viewschicoazul

on 10:51 - Jan 16 by _

It certainly seems fair to have a 2nd referendum but the concern for me is that Leave will win a smashing victory which will only lead to one thing.
The only people, IMVHO, who could make a convincing case against Farage Johnson et al in a debate or indeed in the debate as a whole would be Blair and Brown who, so very ironically, many of the people who are in favour of Remain detest and would never support.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

If there was another referendum: on 13:28 - Jan 16 with 2523 viewsSpruceMoose

If there was another referendum: on 11:03 - Jan 16 by gazzer1999

That phrase got updated. It's now:

@rseholes, everybody is one.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

If there was another referendum: on 13:45 - Jan 16 with 2501 viewsBenters2

If there was another referendum: on 09:38 - Jan 16 by flimflam

The same as before - Leave

As would i.

We wont are country back.
If there was another referendum: on 13:48 - Jan 16 with 2492 viewsjaseitfc

I'm 100% against the referendum and many of ghastly people campaigning for what they call a "peoples" vote

That said, I'd vote remain again
on 13:49 - Jan 16 with 2491 views_

If there was another referendum: on 13:45 - Jan 16 by Benters2

As would i.

If there was another referendum: on 13:49 - Jan 16 with 2487 viewsSpruceMoose

As would i.

What if we gave you the Isle of Man? You could go set things up how you like over there and show us how successful we would have been out of the EU?

I think it is a perfect plan.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

If there was another referendum: on 13:52 - Jan 16 with 2476 viewsBenters2

If there was another referendum: on 13:49 - Jan 16 by SpruceMoose

What if we gave you the Isle of Man? You could go set things up how you like over there and show us how successful we would have been out of the EU?

I think it is a perfect plan.

This Country has had it im going to Australia.

Thats a fkn great island.
If there was another referendum: on 13:55 - Jan 16 with 2462 viewsSpruceMoose

If there was another referendum: on 13:52 - Jan 16 by Benters2

Have you checked to see you meet their immigration requirements? Wouldn't want you on a boat, drifting without fuel off the coast of Indonesia because the Ozzies have turned you away.

on 13:55 - Jan 16 with 2462 views_

If there was another referendum: on 13:52 - Jan 16 by Benters2

If there was another referendum: on 13:55 - Jan 16 with 2462 viewsChampionship

As would i.

What does this mean Benters2?
If there was another referendum: on 13:56 - Jan 16 with 2458 viewsblueislander

As would i.

That may be your “wont” but some of us may “want”to take a more balanced view.
If there was another referendum: on 13:58 - Jan 16 with 2454 viewsWithnail

on 20:09 - Jan 15 by _

All these stupid young people. How dare they have an opinion.

Snow and Channel libtard news didnt expect this ^
If there was another referendum: on 14:01 - Jan 16 with 2437 viewsSpruceMoose

If there was another referendum: on 13:58 - Jan 16 by Withnail

All these stupid young people. How dare they have an opinion.

Snow and Channel libtard news didnt expect this ^

Channel Libtard? Genuine question, do you expect to be taken seriously or actually change anyone's mind using that kind of incel terminology? Don't you want people to actually watch the video you posted?

Doesn't seem like a smart way to go about winning people over. Just sayin'.

If there was another referendum: on 14:02 - Jan 16 with 2432 viewsm14_blue

As would i.

Benters, you quite often complain about the state of our country but I genuinely don’t see how any of the things you complain about (knife crime, lefties, illegal immigrants etc) will be improved by brexit.

What exactly do you expect to change for people like us when we leave?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024