Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If there was another referendum: 19:58 - Jan 15 with 41500 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Would you vote:
- The same as before - Leave
- The same as before - Remain
- Differently - Leave
- Differently - Remain

I think I’d vote differently - To remain.

It’s frankly a shambles. And I voted leave without knowing. I should never have been trusted to vote on something the general public knows not enough about.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

If there was another referendum: on 14:03 - Jan 16 with 2296 viewsRyorry

If there was another referendum: on 13:49 - Jan 16 by SpruceMoose

What if we gave you the Isle of Man? You could go set things up how you like over there and show us how successful we would have been out of the EU?

I think it is a perfect plan.

"Perfect plan" - to all except the poor currently resident Manxers perhaps!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

If there was another referendum: on 14:03 - Jan 16 with 2296 viewsSpruceMoose

If there was another referendum: on 14:02 - Jan 16 by m14_blue

Benters, you quite often complain about the state of our country but I genuinely don’t see how any of the things you complain about (knife crime, lefties, illegal immigrants etc) will be improved by brexit.

What exactly do you expect to change for people like us when we leave?

Fewer brown people around innit.

That's their dream.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

If there was another referendum: on 14:05 - Jan 16 with 2286 viewsSpruceMoose

If there was another referendum: on 14:03 - Jan 16 by Ryorry

"Perfect plan" - to all except the poor currently resident Manxers perhaps!

We could offer them an upgrade. The Scilly Isles maybe? They'd even get palm trees!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

If there was another referendum: on 14:05 - Jan 16 with 2279 viewsfooters

If there was another referendum: on 14:03 - Jan 16 by SpruceMoose

That's their dream.

Can't move for 'em on the Essex/Suffolk border. Little tinkers.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

If there was another referendum: on 14:08 - Jan 16 with 2265 viewsSpruceMoose

If there was another referendum: on 14:05 - Jan 16 by footers

Can't move for 'em on the Essex/Suffolk border. Little tinkers.

Have you seen what they did to Jaywick? The views from Benter's prefab holiday cottage are ruined.

If there was another referendum: on 14:24 - Jan 16 with 2242 viewsEireannach_gorm

If there was another referendum: on 20:21 - Jan 15 by GlasgowBlue

All it requires is the agreement of Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and Liechtenstein.

Thats not correct. Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway are the members of the EEA agreement ( Switzerland has a bilateral agreement with the EU ). A 'Norway style' agreement could be agreed by the EU and UK separate from the EEA members. The problem this is that the UK have 'red lines' in the negotiations with EU which prevents an agreement. EEA members are part of the EU single market and the Schengen free-travel area. The deal that Teresa brought to parliament was the outcome of two years of negotiation. If the UK government soften the 'red lines' then there is a possibility of other deals. What is actually going to happen is Teresa May will request further concessions from the EU ( like the Backstop ) and the EU will repeat that this is the negotiated deal and, as there is no compromising on the UK side, that remains the deal.
If there was another referendum: on 14:27 - Jan 16 with 2234 viewsSpruceMoose

If there was another referendum: on 14:24 - Jan 16 by Eireannach_gorm

Thats not correct. Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway are the members of the EEA agreement ( Switzerland has a bilateral agreement with the EU ). A 'Norway style' agreement could be agreed by the EU and UK separate from the EEA members. The problem this is that the UK have 'red lines' in the negotiations with EU which prevents an agreement. EEA members are part of the EU single market and the Schengen free-travel area. The deal that Teresa brought to parliament was the outcome of two years of negotiation. If the UK government soften the 'red lines' then there is a possibility of other deals. What is actually going to happen is Teresa May will request further concessions from the EU ( like the Backstop ) and the EU will repeat that this is the negotiated deal and, as there is no compromising on the UK side, that remains the deal.

You mean to say it's not super easy straightforward!? When will the Leavers stop fibbing to us!?

If there was another referendum: on 15:09 - Jan 16 with 2206 viewsnectonblue

Same as before - Remain.

Too many risks, not enough reward.
Login to get fewer ads

If there was another referendum: on 15:24 - Jan 16 with 2190 viewswkj

If there was another referendum: on 14:02 - Jan 16 by m14_blue

Benters, you quite often complain about the state of our country but I genuinely don’t see how any of the things you complain about (knife crime, lefties, illegal immigrants etc) will be improved by brexit.

What exactly do you expect to change for people like us when we leave?

Bendy bananas will have a great soothing effect on people brining piety and togetherness across the land.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

If there was another referendum: on 15:38 - Jan 16 with 2171 viewsHerbivore

I voted remain before and would vote remain again. It's the only sensible vote.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If there was another referendum: on 15:46 - Jan 16 with 2169 viewsBenters2

If there was another referendum: on 14:03 - Jan 16 by SpruceMoose

That's their dream.

Dont be soft lad.
If there was another referendum: on 16:26 - Jan 16 with 2140 viewsLord_Lucan

If there was another referendum: on 11:47 - Jan 16 by m14_blue

I agree that the patronising and abuse isn’t helpful but am confused as to why it would sway you towards leave?

There are idiots on the remain side but you seem happy to dismiss the ‘vocal minority’ of leavers who are genuinely racist, aggressive and far right whilst getting your knickers in a twist about the vocal minority of remainers who are a bit annoying.

In real life I don't really talk much about BREXIT with leavers as all my friends are also remainers - but if you take this board as an example the general abuse and snide comments come from remainers.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

If there was another referendum: on 16:32 - Jan 16 with 2128 viewsHerbivore

If there was another referendum: on 16:26 - Jan 16 by Lord_Lucan

In real life I don't really talk much about BREXIT with leavers as all my friends are also remainers - but if you take this board as an example the general abuse and snide comments come from remainers.

That's just not true.

If there was another referendum: on 16:37 - Jan 16 with 2113 viewsm14_blue

Agree to disagree I reckon.
If there was another referendum: on 16:44 - Jan 16 with 2099 viewsclive_baker

Voted remain before but if there was another vote now I would vote to leave. For bants.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If there was another referendum: on 16:48 - Jan 16 with 2091 viewsGlasgowBlue

If there was another referendum: on 14:24 - Jan 16 by Eireannach_gorm

You are confusing the EEA for EFTA.

Membership of EFTA requires, as I said, the agreement of Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein and Switzerland.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If there was another referendum: on 16:49 - Jan 16 with 2085 viewsGlasgowBlue

If there was another referendum: on 14:27 - Jan 16 by SpruceMoose

You mean to say it's not super easy straightforward!? When will the Leavers stop fibbing to us!?

See my reply. He is confusing EFTA for the EEA.

This is basic stuff sprucey. You remainers need to be educated more.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 16:53]

Iron Lion Zion

If there was another referendum: on 16:55 - Jan 16 with 2061 viewsjeera

Though if you were to take FB as an example of typical Leavers you'd think they were all complete morons.

All I have seen on there are ridiculous memes saying [they are] Proud to be English and miss the days when the National Anthem was played on TV every night.

There will then be a bunch of comments in agreement, (usually containing anti foreigner remarks), in the worst butchering of our language you've ever seen.

It's beyond tragic.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If there was another referendum: on 16:55 - Jan 16 with 2069 viewsclive_baker

If there was another referendum: on 16:49 - Jan 16 by GlasgowBlue

See my reply. He is confusing EFTA for the EEA.

This is basic stuff sprucey. You remainers need to be educated more.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 16:53]

They're easily confused, these stupid remainers. The thickest of the thick.

#voteleave #wewantare(sic)countryback

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If there was another referendum: on 16:56 - Jan 16 with 2065 viewsBenters2

If there was another referendum: on 16:32 - Jan 16 by Herbivore

That's just not true.

Yes it is true and you are always doing it.
If there was another referendum: on 17:00 - Jan 16 with 2050 viewsGlasgowBlue

If there was another referendum: on 16:32 - Jan 16 by Herbivore

That's just not true.

You are the very worst person for it. You constantly dismiss people who voted to leave as xenophobic and thick.

Iron Lion Zion

If there was another referendum: on 17:07 - Jan 16 with 2026 viewsLord_Lucan

If there was another referendum: on 16:55 - Jan 16 by jeera

Though if you were to take FB as an example of typical Leavers you'd think they were all complete morons.

All I have seen on there are ridiculous memes saying [they are] Proud to be English and miss the days when the National Anthem was played on TV every night.

There will then be a bunch of comments in agreement, (usually containing anti foreigner remarks), in the worst butchering of our language you've ever seen.

It's beyond tragic.

Now you make a very good point there as Bossbeard often mentions this - but I don't do social media so haven't seen it, although I can well imagine.

Another thing is that it grates me more when it comes from a remainer, much in a way that I don't care if a Norwich fan parades a bedsheet banner around but I cringe if an Ipswich fan does it - if you know what I mean.

On here though - the abuse is very one sided.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

If there was another referendum: on 17:22 - Jan 16 with 2004 viewsjjblue84

If there was another referendum: on 17:00 - Jan 16 by GlasgowBlue

You are the very worst person for it. You constantly dismiss people who voted to leave as xenophobic and thick.

Isn’t that factual_blue??
If there was another referendum: on 17:35 - Jan 16 with 1988 viewsHerbivore

If there was another referendum: on 17:00 - Jan 16 by GlasgowBlue

We've been down this road before and you were shown to be wrong. I seem to recall you trawling TWTD and finding one post, that appeared to back you up until it was pointed out to you that in the very same thread I'd made it clear I was joking. I'd prefer it if you just didn't respond to my posts just as I don't respond to yours (aside from this one as I'm rather tired of you spreading mistruths). You don't read what I post, you fabricate stuff that fits your agenda. Do one, basically. This board was much nicer when you had a few weeks off.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 17:37]

If there was another referendum: on 17:35 - Jan 16 with 1989 viewsm14_blue

If there was another referendum: on 16:55 - Jan 16 by jeera

It's beyond tragic.

Very true, I occasionally have the misfortune to stumble across these groups.

When you see the volume of racist comments on every post it makes me despair but I try to remember that, whilst it seems shocking to see so many, they only really represent a tiny proportion of facebook users and leave voters.

Interesting that all of these 'Leave means Leave' type groups conflate Brexit absolutely with anti immigration, anti Islam, pro Trump, pro FLA, anti BBC and anti 'snowflake'.

Which makes no sense at all and makes me wonder how the many millions of decent leave voters feel, sadly they rarely seem to be the ones challenging the posts, leaving it instead to Remoaners.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 17:35]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024