Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence 08:10 - Jan 16 with 5105 viewsElderGrizzly

Almsot immediately, if they lose as predicted.

Yet he can’t support a people's vote. Irony not lost in Labour then...

And these polls aren’t exactly an endorsement of Labour’s position

[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 8:12]
Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 08:12 - Jan 16 with 3457 viewsHerbivore

Tory Brexiteers were up for a second vote on who should be their leader, May called a second GE in 3 years just 12 months ago. It seems whether a second vote is democratic or not very much depends on political expediency.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 08:12 - Jan 16 with 3467 viewsCheltenham_Blue

All a waste of time. Tying up the Government with meaningless no confidence votes when she should be back in Brussels trying to get a different deal.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 08:16 - Jan 16 with 3445 viewsDanTheMan

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 08:12 - Jan 16 by Cheltenham_Blue

All a waste of time. Tying up the Government with meaningless no confidence votes when she should be back in Brussels trying to get a different deal.

Problem being we've done this dance already and I don't no how much clearer they can make the point that the deal on the table is the deal. It's taken two years to negotiate and the bit people hate was the hardest bit to negotiate to make it palatable for both sides to even agree on.

Unless anyone has some out of this world idea, going back to Brussels seems ultimately pointless. Need a proper plan B, or MPs need to actually decide what they want, not what they don't want.

But this all seems like a lot of bother for them so we'll probably just end up crashing out. They'll be fine after all.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 08:43 - Jan 16 with 3397 viewsitfcjoe

I don't really hear anything about this Gardiner bar him sounding an absolute tool - I presume he is one

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 08:52 - Jan 16 with 3366 viewsGuthrum

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 08:12 - Jan 16 by Herbivore

Tory Brexiteers were up for a second vote on who should be their leader, May called a second GE in 3 years just 12 months ago. It seems whether a second vote is democratic or not very much depends on political expediency.

Both of those were an unconscionable waste of time, too.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 08:56 - Jan 16 with 3345 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lib Dems it is then. You know it makes sense people.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 08:59 - Jan 16 with 3336 viewsGuthrum

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 08:12 - Jan 16 by Cheltenham_Blue

Or in London trying to find out what kind of deal enough people want that it will get through Parliament.

May's mistake was finding out what was possible and hoping MPs would be pragmatic, rather than finding out what flavour of moon on a stick they demanded then trying to persuade the EU to accept the impossible. The end result would be the same, but she'd be a lot more popular.

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 09:14 - Jan 16 with 3295 viewsStokieBlue

The definition of madness. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome.

Why am I not surprised JC's Labour would take this route.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 09:16 - Jan 16 with 3295 viewsGuthrum

Jeremy Corbyn needs to secure the position of PM as soon as possible. He'll be turning 73 years of age in May 2022, 78 by the time the following election is due five years later.

That would make him the second oldest man since 1900 to become Prime Minister (after Churchill's second appointment in 1951) and, as far as I can make out, the oldest man ever to become PM for the first time (all the others were second or third time in the job).

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 09:18 - Jan 16 with 3288 viewschicoazul

I think the fact May is polling strongly compared to the Maximum Leader is because many people, as I have, have come to admire her character. Something very English about bvggering on in the face of huge adversity.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 09:18 - Jan 16 with 3278 viewschicoazul

There is no different deal.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 09:31 - Jan 16 with 3247 viewsBasuco

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 08:16 - Jan 16 by DanTheMan

Problem being we've done this dance already and I don't no how much clearer they can make the point that the deal on the table is the deal. It's taken two years to negotiate and the bit people hate was the hardest bit to negotiate to make it palatable for both sides to even agree on.

Unless anyone has some out of this world idea, going back to Brussels seems ultimately pointless. Need a proper plan B, or MPs need to actually decide what they want, not what they don't want.

But this all seems like a lot of bother for them so we'll probably just end up crashing out. They'll be fine after all.

I feel that we as a nation now know far more of what voting to leave really means and there is far less room for the lies that dominated the first vote on both sides. We can now make a much more informed decision either way in a second vote. The brexit supporters are scared of a second vote because the two big campaign points of £350 million a day savings going to fund the NHS and stop immigration to reduce the flow of cheap labour "taking our jobs" are now known to be lies that will not happen, even after a hard brexit. Every time the general public spoke on TV/radio these were the two main issues for voting leave and of course remainers want a second vote because the result might be different next time. All a complete mess.
Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 09:37 - Jan 16 with 3214 viewsHerbivore

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 08:52 - Jan 16 by Guthrum

Both of those were an unconscionable waste of time, too.

Absolutely, all about self-interest and internal Tory party politics.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 09:44 - Jan 16 with 3201 viewsSteve_M

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 09:18 - Jan 16 by chicoazul

I think the fact May is polling strongly compared to the Maximum Leader is because many people, as I have, have come to admire her character. Something very English about bvggering on in the face of huge adversity.

Well, that and most people have taken a long look at Corbyn and made an appropriate judgement on him, his integrity and his politics.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 09:44 - Jan 16 with 3198 viewsSuperfrans

It is such a massive cluster-fork, it makes my head hurt. The games these people are playing are utterly unconscionable.

I'd like to think that one way out of this for the members of the two main parties who are not aligned with each party's leave policies to break away and launch an alternative party, to stand on the principle of remain. This party would be able to force a General Election (by virtue of its majority in Parliament - assuming they can get enough members to achieve this) and fight that General Election on this platform.

Ultimately, it would hopefully lead to a change in the political system in this country, towards consensus politics and ridding us of the morons who are continuing with this selfish politicking, while Rome burns.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 09:45 - Jan 16 with 3192 viewsGlasgowBlue

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 08:43 - Jan 16 by itfcjoe

I don't really hear anything about this Gardiner bar him sounding an absolute tool - I presume he is one

He’s a Labour Brexit Minister who describes Labour’s six tests as bollox and called the Irish border issue a red herring.

I believe his son plays Top flight football in Russia.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 09:45 - Jan 16 with 3196 viewsSteve_M

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 08:43 - Jan 16 by itfcjoe

Same goes for half of Labour's front bench. There's nothing I've heard from Long-Bailey or Burgon that isn't on a par with Gardiner.

McDonnell and Starmer are the only two politicians of substance, actually maybe Thornberry too.

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 09:47 - Jan 16 with 3189 viewsSteve_M

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 09:31 - Jan 16 by Basuco

I feel that we as a nation now know far more of what voting to leave really means and there is far less room for the lies that dominated the first vote on both sides. We can now make a much more informed decision either way in a second vote. The brexit supporters are scared of a second vote because the two big campaign points of £350 million a day savings going to fund the NHS and stop immigration to reduce the flow of cheap labour "taking our jobs" are now known to be lies that will not happen, even after a hard brexit. Every time the general public spoke on TV/radio these were the two main issues for voting leave and of course remainers want a second vote because the result might be different next time. All a complete mess.

I think that is certainly true for a large part of the population, there has been a wealth of detailed information for those whoa re interested and engaged enough to delve into it.

What percentage of the population that is though is open to question.

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 09:47 - Jan 16 with 3184 viewschicoazul

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 09:44 - Jan 16 by Steve_M

Well, that and most people have taken a long look at Corbyn and made an appropriate judgement on him, his integrity and his politics.

Aye but I dont think that accounts quite entirely for people liking May so much more if you see what I mean.

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 09:53 - Jan 16 with 3167 viewschicoazul

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 09:44 - Jan 16 by Superfrans

It is such a massive cluster-fork, it makes my head hurt. The games these people are playing are utterly unconscionable.

I'd like to think that one way out of this for the members of the two main parties who are not aligned with each party's leave policies to break away and launch an alternative party, to stand on the principle of remain. This party would be able to force a General Election (by virtue of its majority in Parliament - assuming they can get enough members to achieve this) and fight that General Election on this platform.

Ultimately, it would hopefully lead to a change in the political system in this country, towards consensus politics and ridding us of the morons who are continuing with this selfish politicking, while Rome burns.

I mean no direct offence to you and I hope you take this in the spirit it is intended, but a certain type of person on here and elsewhere & IRL always talks about "consensus politics" and it's the well off middle class educated metropolitans. ABC1 consumers. In other words people who all feel the same way about pretty much everything and assume everyone else should too.

There is nothing wrong with debates arguments and disagreements. It's what our unique civilisation and culture are based on. Plurality of opinion and debate about the same is always a good thing.

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 10:05 - Jan 16 with 3130 viewsElephantintheRoom

Two basic problems with this. One is it assumes polls have any meaning when they are invariably utter hogwash. And the other is it ignores the basis of our democracy, or what passes for democracy in this country. It matters not one iota who the leader of any party is... you vote for your local MP, in the forlorn hope he or she will stand up for your interests. IF enough people think that the last 10 years have destroyed the fabric of our country, and don't want more of the same they will vote labour. IF labour get a majority that will be on the basis of a policy document that appeals to the less cruel and bigoted in out society and produce a group of new MPs, many of whom may prove a breath of fresh air and be leaders of the future. Or people n tribal grounds yet again and nothing much changes.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 10:09 - Jan 16 with 3107 viewslowhouseblue

we have the most difficult policy issue in decades combined with the least able set of politicians, on both sides, in generations. corbyn is at very best a quirky backbencher. he doesn't have the intellect or the skills to lead. the failure of others in labour to do anything to confront this crisis of leadership is equally damning.

how has it come about that the current crop of politicians look like pygmies EVEN relative to john major??? may looks decent relative to the rest of them.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 10:21 - Jan 16 with 3064 viewsGuthrum

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 09:53 - Jan 16 by chicoazul

I mean no direct offence to you and I hope you take this in the spirit it is intended, but a certain type of person on here and elsewhere & IRL always talks about "consensus politics" and it's the well off middle class educated metropolitans. ABC1 consumers. In other words people who all feel the same way about pretty much everything and assume everyone else should too.

There is nothing wrong with debates arguments and disagreements. It's what our unique civilisation and culture are based on. Plurality of opinion and debate about the same is always a good thing.

Like all these things, it's a matter of balance. Too much consensus breeds complacency and stifles radical problem solving. Too much argument breeds factionalism and paralyses effective government.

It's not rocket science, the comfortably off want things to carry on pretty much as they are, those at the top and particularly those at the bottom seek change.

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 10:31 - Jan 16 with 3039 viewsgiant_stow

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 09:44 - Jan 16 by Steve_M

...and also the lack of any other remotely decent Tory candidates - she wins by default.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 10:36 - Jan 16 with 3025 viewsgiant_stow

Barry Gardnier has said Labour will call a 2nd vote of no confidence on 10:21 - Jan 16 by Guthrum

Like all these things, it's a matter of balance. Too much consensus breeds complacency and stifles radical problem solving. Too much argument breeds factionalism and paralyses effective government.

It's not rocket science, the comfortably off want things to carry on pretty much as they are, those at the top and particularly those at the bottom seek change.

I have a leave voting friend who is happy so far - he says he voted for:
- a change (any change)
- house prices to drop
- wages to increase

I can see the logic in fairness, but its so early - its what comes next that worries me.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024