Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? 08:26 - Feb 4 with 10541 viewsitfcjoe

Barely been seen since Millwall where he put in an excellent performance, of the back of a very good goal vs Sheff U.

I think given a run in the team he would bring more to the party as a striker than Quaner has done, and he is ours on a 3 year deal.

I've not been on here much but I assume Quaner's performance this weekend has been criticised heavily, he was utter pony and just doesn't look a centre forward

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 08:31 - Feb 4 with 5772 viewsDurovigutum

You can tell the experience difference. In the Millwall game he received the ball on half way, tried to turn his man, lost the ball and our defence were under pressure again with no opportunity to find their shape. Rotherham Keane received the ball in the same place, drew the foul, took his time getting up, complained to the ref and we cooled the game down. The games I saw first half of the season we continued to invite pressure on ourselves, with MM that was relieved because we hoofed it over the midfield, reshaped and forced the oppo to go again.
Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 08:33 - Feb 4 with 5757 viewstextbackup

quaner doesn't look like a footballer.

I really like the look of Harrison, seems a really decent bubbly guy too.
strong, athletic, and more importantly - ours!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 08:34 - Feb 4 with 5749 viewsIpswichKnight

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 08:31 - Feb 4 by Durovigutum

You can tell the experience difference. In the Millwall game he received the ball on half way, tried to turn his man, lost the ball and our defence were under pressure again with no opportunity to find their shape. Rotherham Keane received the ball in the same place, drew the foul, took his time getting up, complained to the ref and we cooled the game down. The games I saw first half of the season we continued to invite pressure on ourselves, with MM that was relieved because we hoofed it over the midfield, reshaped and forced the oppo to go again.

We are still hoofing it over midfield as our midfield is never more than 10 yards away from the back line, ball gets passed around the back, given to skuse looks up massive gap between him and forwards, ball goes back to chambers, looks up only skuse available so big hoof up the field we lose the ball on the knockdown as no midfielders around to pick it up, they draw the soft foul, ball played in and opposition score.
Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 08:36 - Feb 4 with 5737 viewsReuser_is_God

Yeah, totally agree with this.

I posted on here Saturday night how dogsh1t Quaner was. Was like Leon Best at Lincoln.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 08:37 - Feb 4 with 5729 viewsGarv

Harrison has had chances this season. He's not proved good enough for our situation. That's not to say he won't be good enough in the future.

Quaner came straight in and showed physical presence. Him and Keane were important in beating Rotherham and Quaner could have easily won us a penalty at Villa.

Didn't go Saturday so can't comment.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 08:38 - Feb 4 with 5729 viewsitfcjoe

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 08:31 - Feb 4 by Durovigutum

I can see that between Harrison and Keane to an extent, but Quaner in that role?

Quaner seemed to spend all his time trying to turn the ball round the corner rather than hold it up and gave it away every time. He didn't hold it up or ease the pressure on us once

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 08:38 - Feb 4 with 5722 viewsSteve_M

Yes, it's an odd decision, one thing I think Lambert has got wrong. He might not be a player who is going to score a load of goals but then neither is Quaner.

Quaner started on the back of his sub appearance at Villa where he looked really lively running the channels. He's clearly not fit enough to play 90 minutes and offered very little on Saturday.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 08:38 - Feb 4 with 5718 viewstextbackup

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 08:36 - Feb 4 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah, totally agree with this.

I posted on here Saturday night how dogsh1t Quaner was. Was like Leon Best at Lincoln.

I was hoping once MM went we wouldn't see the likes of a sht lump standing up top doing nothing.....

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 08:44 - Feb 4 with 5704 viewsSitfcB

You can’t say nothing against (or question his tactics) Lambert I’m afraid.

He’s the messiah.

Although not much messiah-ing happening.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 08:45 - Feb 4 with 5681 viewsReuser_is_God

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 08:44 - Feb 4 by SitfcB

He’s the messiah.

Said no one ever.

Evans out

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 08:48 - Feb 4 with 5671 viewsKieran_Knows

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 08:44 - Feb 4 by SitfcB

He’s the messiah.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 08:48 - Feb 4 with 5668 viewsSitfcB

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 08:45 - Feb 4 by Reuser_is_God

Said no one ever.

Literally all over twitter.

COYB

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 08:49 - Feb 4 with 5655 viewsSitfcB

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 08:48 - Feb 4 by Kieran_Knows

It’s right though?

People on twitter questioning him are getting shot down and blaming Hurst still....almost as bad as those that still stick up for Mick.....

COYB

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 08:49 - Feb 4 with 5649 viewsReuser_is_God

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 08:48 - Feb 4 by SitfcB

Literally all over twitter.

No one has said he’s the messiah & cant question his tactics.

Evans out

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 08:50 - Feb 4 with 5645 viewsReuser_is_God

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 08:49 - Feb 4 by SitfcB

It’s right though?

People on twitter questioning him are getting shot down and blaming Hurst still....almost as bad as those that still stick up for Mick.....

Blaming Hursts recruitment, which is the reason we are where we are.

Evans out

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 08:50 - Feb 4 with 5643 viewsFrimleyBlue

He’s the messiah.

Not true though.

I like Lambert and i think in time he's the right manager to sort the club out.

However. I there are some issues for me.

Knudsen. Should not be out of the side. ( If we are continuing to play loanees and soon out of contract players)
4-5-1 at home with quaner uptop is asking for trouble
We ve bought in a left back and dropped him for a worse left back
Judge is a 10. Both player and manager have said so. Yet play him on the wing.
Chabolah should be playing the skuse role with Bishop and Downes.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 08:53 - Feb 4 with 5621 viewsKieran_Knows

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 08:49 - Feb 4 by SitfcB

It’s right though?

It's not though, is it? I've seen plenty of criticism towards PL after certain games (this weekend probably more than others).

But why are you still sticking up for Mick? He's gone FFS, it's over, done. At least PL is trying to unite the fan base, unlike Mick who liked to tell us we're just supporters and don't really know anything, but hey, we're all snowflakes etc etc.

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 08:56 - Feb 4 with 5590 viewsSitfcB

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 08:53 - Feb 4 by Kieran_Knows

It's not though, is it? I've seen plenty of criticism towards PL after certain games (this weekend probably more than others).

But why are you still sticking up for Mick? He's gone FFS, it's over, done. At least PL is trying to unite the fan base, unlike Mick who liked to tell us we're just supporters and don't really know anything, but hey, we're all snowflakes etc etc.

Yes but people are getting shot down for doing so, he’s getting away with it.

Because a lot of people like to write inaccurate stuff that needs to be corrected. I only speak of him when others have mentioned him, if the ‘haters’ could let go the likes of me, Bluefish, ABB and a few others wouldn’t have to keep banging on.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 8:57]

COYB

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 08:59 - Feb 4 with 5573 viewsKieran_Knows

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 08:56 - Feb 4 by SitfcB

Yes but people are getting shot down for doing so, he’s getting away with it.

Because a lot of people like to write inaccurate stuff that needs to be corrected. I only speak of him when others have mentioned him, if the ‘haters’ could let go the likes of me, Bluefish, ABB and a few others wouldn’t have to keep banging on.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 8:57]

Well I would personally say its 50/50 from what I've seen on tw@tter. Then again I don't follow many Town fans as most of them do end up just arguing with each other and I CBA to see that all across my timeline.

What's inaccurate? He was a half decent manager, who done a relatively good job on a cr*p budget, but continued to play cr*p football in the process. As I say, he's gone, it's done with, we tried something different under Hurst, it didn't work. But we're not where we are because Mick left, absolutely not.

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 09:25 - Feb 4 with 5460 viewsElderGrizzly

He seems to be suffering with “signed by Hurst” syndrome, that Lambert is struggling to overlook. Unless you are a loan from a big club.

Agree Joe, both him to start and Jackson off the bench offer more than Quaner and his 3 goals in 2 seasons. Quaner might have a role to play, but with so few goals in our team, he can’t be the main striker.
Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 09:27 - Feb 4 with 5448 viewsKieran_Knows

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 09:25 - Feb 4 by ElderGrizzly

He seems to be suffering with “signed by Hurst” syndrome, that Lambert is struggling to overlook. Unless you are a loan from a big club.

Agree Joe, both him to start and Jackson off the bench offer more than Quaner and his 3 goals in 2 seasons. Quaner might have a role to play, but with so few goals in our team, he can’t be the main striker.

I'd definitely like to see Harrison get a run of games, although PL seems insistent on using both Keane and Quaner (and I suppose if we're footing the bill for their big wages, they need to be playing), but I'd go with Harrison up top, Keane in at no.10 (not ideal), Quaner and Judge either side - but that's pretty much the 3 players behind Harrison all playing out of position.

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 09:33 - Feb 4 with 5419 viewsSomethingBlue

Yes, slightly strange one. He is quite raw on the ball, which is probably the issue, but so much livelier than anyone else we have up there and looks like making things happen. I would start him against Norwich, personally, because he will press & harry them and we need that. On Saturday, if we were trying to press then I don't really know how or when — admittedly not helped by Hector (best player on the pitch) going down whenever ran within 30cm of him.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 9:34]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 09:33 - Feb 4 with 5414 viewsDubtractor

Who'd have guessed that signing non playing/non goal scoring strikers an January would not have improved our attacking play?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Not been very good? (n/t) on 10:17 - Feb 4 with 5282 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Struggling to see what Ellis Harrison has done wrong? on 10:24 - Feb 4 with 5261 viewsBlueBadger

He’s the messiah.

You've changed Sitters. Not so long ago you'd have been lapping up those pressers.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024