Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you play Knudsen on Sunday? 08:47 - Feb 6 with 10375 viewsskyblue23

I personally do not like Knudsen, I get others do but the way the guy has conducted himself with comments about McCarthy leaving, the contract situation etc I just can't change my mind on him.

HOWEVER, as happy as I was to see us bring in a left back and also give Kenlock a chance, I do very much feel as a left back he is currently the best at the club. Personally I think if we have any chance on Sunday as well as any chance of staying in this league, we have to play our strongest line up, meaning I would put Knudsen straight back in.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Would you play Knudsen on Sunday? on 08:50 - Feb 6 with 4810 viewsagentp

But you don't know how he has conducted himself do you? You are just putting 2+2 together.
As for defending Mccarthy, that's what most players would do when put on the spot. Consider that others voted with their feet.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Would you play Knudsen on Sunday? on 08:55 - Feb 6 with 4785 viewsSteve_M

Explain what upset you so much about his comments on McCarthy leaving.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Would you play Knudsen on Sunday? on 09:00 - Feb 6 with 4781 viewsskyblue23

Would you play Knudsen on Sunday? on 08:55 - Feb 6 by Steve_M

Explain what upset you so much about his comments on McCarthy leaving.

He said he would have to consider his future with Mick McCarthy leaving. He plays for Ipswich Town not Mick McCarthy. This is my personal opinion which has been argued previously by many others and isn't the point in this thread. The point is would you play him on Sunday?

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Would you play Knudsen on Sunday? on 09:04 - Feb 6 with 4772 viewsGuthrum

Depending upon his attitude (I mean specifically in relation to his leaving or not this window, nothing to do with McCarthy) and approach to training, I would play Knudsen.

He is (when in form) better than Kenlock. Don't know about Elder, not seen him play. The Dane also has a "feel" for the derby and a habit of scoring in them.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Would you play Knudsen on Sunday? on 09:04 - Feb 6 with 4772 viewsArnieM

Would you play Knudsen on Sunday? on 08:50 - Feb 6 by agentp

But you don't know how he has conducted himself do you? You are just putting 2+2 together.
As for defending Mccarthy, that's what most players would do when put on the spot. Consider that others voted with their feet.

But we do know how Knudsen conducted himself don’t we.

He SAID, ( when MM left ), “ the fans have been unfair on the manager. I will now have to review my situation at the Club” .

On returning from the World Cup , he SAID, “ there had been real interest from several Clubs”....... “ my contract is up in the summer and the Club haven’t spoken to me “.... “ I have other options to consider , I could even return to Europe”

The Club offers him a new contract. He SAID, “ I have several Clubs interested in me , this is a fact. It could be my future lies away from here” .......” I have my family to think of”( true onnthe lady point), BUT

He and his agent chose to try and force a lucrative move away from this Club on the back of his cameo WC ventures. True Stoke and Boro has shown some interest, and no doubt watched him. But his obvious deficiencies were there for all to see.

Paul Lamberts recent comments regarding Knudsen are bang on the money IMO.
He may well be the “ best we have at the Club” ( I don’t think he is ) but I wouldn’t trust him to perform in the derby match . He’s hardly covered himself in glory for the past few seasons anyway. He simply is a bang AVERAGE left back , who thinks he is some bloody world beater. The FACT that NO Club has come in for him speaks volumes. He had had every intention of jumping ship since he returned from the World Cup. Fine, that’s his perogative . He went about it in the wrong way and certainly lost my respect with his comments after McCarthy left. He can rot with the kids as far as I’m concerned.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

on 09:07 - Feb 6 with 4748 views_

Would you play Knudsen on Sunday? on 09:08 - Feb 6 with 4739 viewsKieran_Knows

Doesn't matter whether I would play him or not, Lambert doesn't seem happy with neither JK or his agent, and I'll be amazed if he plays another minute for us this season.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Would you play Knudsen on Sunday? on 09:11 - Feb 6 with 4747 viewsPhilTWTD

Would you play Knudsen on Sunday? on 09:00 - Feb 6 by skyblue23

He said he would have to consider his future with Mick McCarthy leaving. He plays for Ipswich Town not Mick McCarthy. This is my personal opinion which has been argued previously by many others and isn't the point in this thread. The point is would you play him on Sunday?

That isn't quite what he said, it was taken out of context to some extent.

Knudsen: McCarthy Leaving Has Effect on My Future 5th Apr 2018 17:32
Jonas Knudsen has admitted the impending departure of Town boss Mick McCarthy could impact upon his own Portman Road future. 102

Knudsen: Comments on Future Taken Wrong Way 20th Apr 2018 13:15
Defender Jonas Knudsen says his recent comments which implied he might be forced to consider his Town future following manager Mick McCarthy’s exit were misunderstood. 41

Login to get fewer ads

Would you play Knudsen on Sunday? on 09:15 - Feb 6 with 4732 viewsRegencyBlue

His comments regarding MM leaving have been blown up out of all proportion. It’s a free country, he was asked his opinion and he gave it. I don’t agree with him but he’s entitled to his views.

The contract situation strikes me as 50/50 blame between the player and the club. Lambert has already said that contracts generally have been badly handled by Evans/Milne so no reason to think it’s any different here.

As for the rest he is a bang average full back but that, unfortunately, makes him the best we have at the moment so I would play him Sunday assuming he’s fit.
Would you play Knudsen on Sunday? on 09:18 - Feb 6 with 4708 viewsArnieM

Knudsen also said this to the EADT. It’s not been blown out of proportion . These were his comments .

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/jonas-knudsen-on-the-way-ipswich-town-fans-treated-

Would you play Knudsen on Sunday? on 09:19 - Feb 6 with 4701 viewsJohnny_Boy

I'm surprised Josh hasn't started at RB since his return. Regardless of people's views of the lad, our inability to click as a team would surely merit at least trying him out there. I mean, what else is there to lose?

He might be the unexpected missing link to kick start a winning run.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2019 9:20]
Would you play Knudsen on Sunday? on 09:20 - Feb 6 with 4686 viewsArnieM

Would you play Knudsen on Sunday? on 09:15 - Feb 6 by RegencyBlue

His comments regarding MM leaving have been blown up out of all proportion. It’s a free country, he was asked his opinion and he gave it. I don’t agree with him but he’s entitled to his views.

The contract situation strikes me as 50/50 blame between the player and the club. Lambert has already said that contracts generally have been badly handled by Evans/Milne so no reason to think it’s any different here.

As for the rest he is a bang average full back but that, unfortunately, makes him the best we have at the moment so I would play him Sunday assuming he’s fit.

I respect your views but personally I don’t think we can trust him on Sunday. He doesn’t want to stay , and hadn’t for some time. His heart isn’t in it anymore.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2019 9:21]

Would you play Knudsen on Sunday? on 09:22 - Feb 6 with 4666 viewschicoazul

Yes of course.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Would you play Knudsen on Sunday? on 09:25 - Feb 6 with 4654 viewschicoazul

Would you play Knudsen on Sunday? on 09:20 - Feb 6 by ArnieM

I respect your views but personally I don’t think we can trust him on Sunday. He doesn’t want to stay , and hadn’t for some time. His heart isn’t in it anymore.

Given that half of the most recent first team 11 and half of the bench are either not our players or out of contract you could say none of their hearts are in it either, which for me is part of the problem and has been for some months now.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Would you play Knudsen on Sunday? on 09:25 - Feb 6 with 4651 viewsusm

Yes, hes our best left back and beggars cant be choosers.
We look so fragile at the back and dont look like scoring so we need to tighten up at the back, especially on Sunday, so yes, I'd play him.
Having said that, I dont think Lambert will pick him, because he wants away.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Would you play Knudsen on Sunday? on 09:28 - Feb 6 with 4646 viewsRegencyBlue

Would you play Knudsen on Sunday? on 09:20 - Feb 6 by ArnieM

I hear what you say, although the other way of looking at it is that if he wants a decent move in the summer he needs to put himself ‘out there’ with a good performance if/when selected.

Only one way we will ever find out I guess!
Would you play Knudsen on Sunday? on 09:37 - Feb 6 with 4616 viewsmonty_radio

Would you play Knudsen on Sunday? on 09:11 - Feb 6 by PhilTWTD

That isn't quite what he said, it was taken out of context to some extent.

Knudsen: McCarthy Leaving Has Effect on My Future 5th Apr 2018 17:32
Jonas Knudsen has admitted the impending departure of Town boss Mick McCarthy could impact upon his own Portman Road future. 102

Knudsen: Comments on Future Taken Wrong Way 20th Apr 2018 13:15
Defender Jonas Knudsen says his recent comments which implied he might be forced to consider his Town future following manager Mick McCarthy’s exit were misunderstood. 41

Having read it through, it is what he said: he would consider his position.

Saying that, I sat in front of Kenlock failing to cut out 4 crosses in twenty minutes so I would pick Knudsen for his aggressive qualities.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Would you play Knudsen on Sunday? on 09:39 - Feb 6 with 4599 viewsagentp

Would you play Knudsen on Sunday? on 09:04 - Feb 6 by ArnieM

He SAID, ( when MM left ), “ the fans have been unfair on the manager. I will now have to review my situation at the Club” .

On returning from the World Cup , he SAID, “ there had been real interest from several Clubs”....... “ my contract is up in the summer and the Club haven’t spoken to me “.... “ I have other options to consider , I could even return to Europe”

The Club offers him a new contract. He SAID, “ I have several Clubs interested in me , this is a fact. It could be my future lies away from here” .......” I have my family to think of”( true onnthe lady point), BUT

He and his agent chose to try and force a lucrative move away from this Club on the back of his cameo WC ventures. True Stoke and Boro has shown some interest, and no doubt watched him. But his obvious deficiencies were there for all to see.

He may well be the “ best we have at the Club” ( I don’t think he is ) but I wouldn’t trust him to perform in the derby match . He’s hardly covered himself in glory for the past few seasons anyway. He simply is a bang AVERAGE left back , who thinks he is some bloody world beater. The FACT that NO Club has come in for him speaks volumes. He had had every intention of jumping ship since he returned from the World Cup. Fine, that’s his perogative . He went about it in the wrong way and certainly lost my respect with his comments after McCarthy left. He can rot with the kids as far as I’m concerned.

1) I don't think you are really understanding how negotiations work.

2) Most players were p155ed of by MM's treatment and a chunk of those actually left. Despite the denials of some, it WAS largely due to MM's treatment.

Knudsen defended the manager and questioned his future. That usually happens after a manager departure. Knudsen is Danish and English wasnt put perfectly.

Some people here really are babies.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2019 9:39]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Would you play Knudsen on Sunday? on 09:39 - Feb 6 with 4596 viewsSomethingBlue

Yes, and in every game while we can still stay up.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Would you play Knudsen on Sunday? on 09:50 - Feb 6 with 4552 viewsPinewoodblue

PL needs to pick his best team for the game and that means playing Jonas. A player with a passion for East Anglian derbies.

Give him a chance to redeem himself in the eyes of some of our fans. PL needs to raise the tempo, needs to match the achievement of Warnock at Rotherham. To hell with relegation, we can stay up needs to be his approach.

Just looked at the team from the Portman Road game, three of the 18 have left the club.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Of course he should play.... on 09:57 - Feb 6 with 4527 viewsBloots

....but I very much doubt he will.

There's a direct correlation between the rabid Mick outers and the Jonas haters.

You can also file these people under "It'll be a brilliant laugh in the 3rd Division"

Numb.

Skulls.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

on 10:04 - Feb 6 with 4514 views_

Of course he should play.... on 09:57 - Feb 6 by Bloots

....but I very much doubt he will.

There's a direct correlation between the rabid Mick outers and the Jonas haters.

You can also file these people under "It'll be a brilliant laugh in the 3rd Division"

Numb.

Skulls.

Yeah, but you're.... on 10:07 - Feb 6 with 4491 viewsBloots

on 10:04 - Feb 6 by _

....a total weirdo who'd have an argument in an empty room.

With yourself.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Would you play Knudsen on Sunday? on 10:09 - Feb 6 with 4483 viewsWhymarkmariner

Would you play Knudsen on Sunday? on 09:04 - Feb 6 by ArnieM

He may be " Bang average" but he's better than Kenlock and with regard to no clubs coming in for him is anyone going to be stupid enough to pay between 500k and a million to buy a player when in a few months time they could get him for nothing ?
on 10:09 - Feb 6 with 4479 views_

Yeah, but you're.... on 10:07 - Feb 6 by Bloots

....a total weirdo who'd have an argument in an empty room.

With yourself.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024