Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party 10:55 - Feb 7 with 44639 viewsGlasgowBlue

Who on here would vote for it?

This attack looks very coordinated this morning

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:07 - Feb 8 with 3905 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:00 - Feb 8 by wkj

Or that the post may have read a little differently before the edit

Whooooooooaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I corrected a spelling mistake. The post read exactly as it did before the edit. I'm sure Gav has access to metadata that would confirm this. You are just being duplicitous now. Desist.

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:09 - Feb 8 with 3896 viewswkj

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:07 - Feb 8 by GlasgowBlue

I think I corrected a spelling mistake. The post read exactly as it did before the edit. I'm sure Gav has access to metadata that would confirm this. You are just being duplicitous now. Desist.

Just be civil

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:12 - Feb 8 with 3881 viewsBOjK

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:04 - Feb 8 by GlasgowBlue

I had floated the idea of a three way referendum which would knock out third place and use second preference. It was 1. Remain 2. The Deal 3. No Deal.

But that was over a year ago and having given it more thought it's probably weighed in favour of leave.

I still think level heads will prevail and we will leave with either May's deal or a Norway type deal.

IIRC Anna Soubry making the same suggestion. I think there is no way that No Deal every makes it onto a ballot paper. I think there are enough MPs who view no deal as such a cataclysmic outcome that they wouldn't trust the electoral system to not vote for it.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:14 - Feb 8 with 3870 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:09 - Feb 8 by wkj

Just be civil

The post read the same. My post was at 12.24, the edit was at 12.25 and you reported it as abuse at 12.26.

You should withdraw the falsehood that "the post may have read a little differently before the edit". That's bang out of order.

At least have the balls to stand by the reason you reported it as abuse.

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:17 - Feb 8 with 3854 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:12 - Feb 8 by BOjK

IIRC Anna Soubry making the same suggestion. I think there is no way that No Deal every makes it onto a ballot paper. I think there are enough MPs who view no deal as such a cataclysmic outcome that they wouldn't trust the electoral system to not vote for it.

Although that is the default if we don't vote through a deal.

Of course no deal and falling back on WTO rules should never be seen as a permanent arrangement. At best it is a way of continuing to trade whilst we continue to negotiate a deal with the EU.

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:21 - Feb 8 with 3844 viewswkj

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:07 - Feb 8 by GlasgowBlue

Even unedited the post you made backs someone, me in this case into a bit of a bullied ultimatum. I mean, why even mention the possibility 'I am being thick', then revoking it as opposed to just not saying that rubbish in the first place.

I will apologise about the edit comment, or rather any insinuation behind it, I own the fact that was not well informed, though I do reject the notion that both being thick, and argumentative for the sake of it are false- and stand behind the fact that polls are rubbish.

Crybaby

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:21 - Feb 8 with 3842 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:43 - Feb 8 by BOjK

I don't know about any of that being thick stuff ... but you are wrong.

I spent several posts patiently trying to point this out.

I assumed I'd walked into this

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:23 - Feb 8 with 3830 viewswkj

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:21 - Feb 8 by wkj

Even unedited the post you made backs someone, me in this case into a bit of a bullied ultimatum. I mean, why even mention the possibility 'I am being thick', then revoking it as opposed to just not saying that rubbish in the first place.

I will apologise about the edit comment, or rather any insinuation behind it, I own the fact that was not well informed, though I do reject the notion that both being thick, and argumentative for the sake of it are false- and stand behind the fact that polls are rubbish.

or rather, reject the notion that only those 2 scenarios in your post were applicable to my point of view.

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:23 - Feb 8 with 3813 viewsBenters2

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:26 - Feb 8 by wkj

Im reporting you for being abusive. Do not call me thick, or even apply the possibility that I am, because I am being objective about data sources.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2019 12:26]

Dear oh dear!

How you and your sidekick talk to people and you report that?

They dont like it up em!!
Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:25 - Feb 8 with 3817 viewswkj

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:23 - Feb 8 by Benters2

Dear oh dear!

How you and your sidekick talk to people and you report that?

They dont like it up em!!

Bless xx

Crybaby

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:27 - Feb 8 with 3804 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:21 - Feb 8 by wkj

Mate, with the greatest of respect i think you are being overly sensitive. If I reacted the way you have every time somebody had a pop at me on here I'd be a quivering wreck.

This place is known for people being able to have robust conversation and debate. But the last thing I want to do is cause you any upset so I apologise for any offence caused.

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:32 - Feb 8 with 3773 viewsBOjK

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:27 - Feb 8 by GlasgowBlue

Mate, with the greatest of respect i think you are being overly sensitive. If I reacted the way you have every time somebody had a pop at me on here I'd be a quivering wreck.

This place is known for people being able to have robust conversation and debate. But the last thing I want to do is cause you any upset so I apologise for any offence caused.

You should have added "as a result of you being too thick to understand my posts".

Just for the lolz.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:34 - Feb 8 with 3760 viewswkj

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:27 - Feb 8 by GlasgowBlue

I respect your opinion, though I do not agree with it.

I might debate a point of view all day long, and it may even get heated, though I do not conduct myself in such away that is to ridicule a person for who they are(or seem to be) , but rather what they say.

I can not speak for other people however, even the ones I am said to be close with.

Crybaby

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:34 - Feb 8 with 3760 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:32 - Feb 8 by BOjK

You should have added "as a result of you being too thick to understand my posts".

Just for the lolz.

Thanks. I now have to clean up the coke zero I just spat on my keyboard.

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:38 - Feb 8 with 3738 viewsRyorry

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:07 - Feb 8 by BOjK

No it wouldn't. I think the vote should be

1) Accept whatever leave terms have been negotiated with the EU and passed by parliament

vs

2) Remain

Having another referendum wouldn't alter the terms of leaving at all, merely confirm that when presented with the realities, rather than fantasies people were still minded to proceed.

A competent opposition would have questioned whether the criminal behaviour of both leave campaigns and the change in public sentiment since the referendum would of themselves justify a confirmatory plebiscite, but we have what we have.

Very interesting - but another vote that seems extremely unlikely to ever materialise, sadly!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:41 - Feb 8 with 3729 viewsRyorry

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:34 - Feb 8 by GlasgowBlue

The best use of that stuff is probably as a cleaning fluid anyway :)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:42 - Feb 8 with 3722 viewsfooters

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:34 - Feb 8 by GlasgowBlue

Aspartame is nasty shiz, GB. Give it up!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:44 - Feb 8 with 3716 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:42 - Feb 8 by footers

Aspartame is nasty shiz, GB. Give it up!

I've been drinking ten or more cans of this stuff for over twenty years now.

Probably explains a lot

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:49 - Feb 8 with 3701 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:42 - Feb 8 by ZedRodgers

Because they know there is no majority in the HoC for remain/2nd ref.

Saying that there would be with Labour's full support is a lame excuse too. Even if all Labour MPs were whipped to actively support a 2nd referendum, the Labour MPs who would vote against the whip would cancel out any Tory faux-rebels.

We are a very long way from a 2nd referendum vote being passed by the HoC as the recent amendments have proved. It's about time Chuka and Co. admit that and stop playing disingenuous games.

It's almost like they have another agenda......anybody with a modicum of political nouse can see that Corbyn (politically)Is playing the Brexit reality well in terms of carrying through the result of the referendum but in a manner that acknowledges how close the vote was. Perhaps they just have an ongoing problem with democratic votes that don't go their way.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:49 - Feb 8 with 3702 viewspickles110564

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:38 - Feb 8 by BOjK

Some people have been quoted as saying that they haven't left up until now, because they felt it would hinder the fight against (a hard) Brexit.

I don't know if they are right.

Generally people haven't left for a few reasons including
* Assuming the Corbyn project will fail and Labour will return to normality (the Tony Blair approach)
* Deciding to fight from within rather than leave and setup their own party (the John McDonnell approach)
* Cowardice and self-interest

How would it hinder stopping a hard Brexit? That does not make any sense as they would still be able to vote to stop that.
Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:49 - Feb 8 with 3702 viewsfooters

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:44 - Feb 8 by GlasgowBlue

I've been drinking ten or more cans of this stuff for over twenty years now.

Probably explains a lot

Ten cans every day?!

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:50 - Feb 8 with 3696 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:49 - Feb 8 by footers

Ten cans every day?!

At least.

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:52 - Feb 8 with 3689 viewsGlasgowBlue

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:12 - Feb 8 by BOjK

I just remembered that you are from the Cambridge area. Have you seen the naked Brexit doctor?

Iron Lion Zion

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:53 - Feb 8 with 3681 viewspickles110564

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 12:26 - Feb 8 by wkj

Im reporting you for being abusive. Do not call me thick, or even apply the possibility that I am, because I am being objective about data sources.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2019 12:26]

Pot Kettle m8, the amount of times you and your alter ego insult me, calling me thick / stupid.
You make me laugh.
Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:54 - Feb 8 with 3673 viewsfooters

Looks like moderate Labour MP’s are about to form a new party on 13:50 - Feb 8 by GlasgowBlue

At least.

Wtf is wrong with you?! You must be more cola than man at this point.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024